1. INTRODUCTION. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION IS NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. By entering a Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of Ultimate Guitar USA LLC (“Sponsor”) , whose decisions shall be final and binding. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
2. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding its territories and possessions) who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry (unless otherwise stated). . The Sweepstakes is void in any other nation, state, or province where prohibited or restricted by U.S. or local law. Sweepstakes is only open to U.S. residents, or otherwise restricted, such restrictions noted on the entry form page. Employees of Ultimate-Guitar.com, the participating vendors, prize providers, advertisers and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, accountants, attorneys, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives and any other person or entity associated with this Sweepstakes, including their advertising and promotional agencies, (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, siblings and grandparents) are NOT eligible enter the Sweepstakes . By entering any Sweepstakes, entrants agree to waive any and all claims against Sweepstakes Entities for personal injury, damage or loss of any kind which may result from participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use of any prize.
4. PRIZES. For single prize Sweepstakess: One (1) Prize winner will receive B.C. Rich Metal Master Blade Silver Warlock electric guitar (approximate retail value $300). For multiple prize Sweepstakes: All available Prizes will be listed on the entry form page. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for Prizes except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Limit: One Prize per person/family/household. Any Prize Winner shall sometimes be referred to hereinafter as the “Winner.” No transfer, substitution or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winning entry will be deemed submitted by the e-mail account holder associated with such entry, as solely determined by Sponsor. Installation, insurance, registration, taxes, and any fees or costs associated with the prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winner agrees to look solely to manufacturer for any warranties on the equipment awarded.
5. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION. Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received, on or about ten (10) business days after the February 6 to submit entries, by Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions will be final. Winner will be notified by e-mail and/or by phone on February 16. If Sponsor or its designee is unable to contact potential Winner by e-mail or phone (using the contact information provided at the time of entry) and/or if the potential Winner fails to respond to notification within two (2) business days of issuance, the potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit his or her right to a prize, and an alternate Winner will be selected.
6. WINNER'S AFFIDAVIT. Each Winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release, a written version of these Rules and any additional documentation, waivers and releases that may be required (collectively, “Affidavit”). The Affidavit may require that each Winner provide his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes due to potential payments from Sponsor to the Winner and will be used solely for such tax purposes. The requirement for a publicity release shall be void where prohibited. The Affidavit will provide that by acceptance of the prize, the Winner releases Sponsor from any and all liability for injuries, damages or expenses sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes or with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize. Failure to sign the Affidavit may cause the Winner to forfeit the prize. Failure of the Winner to respond to notification and/or to complete and return the Affidavit within one week after sent to such Winner will be deemed a forfeiture of the prize and an alternate Winner will be selected from the eligible entries.
7. GENERAL. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and an Alternate Winner will be selected. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income tax) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of each prize Winner. Except where prohibited by law, each Winner's entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use said Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. This Sweepstakes is subject to these official rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these official rules. Winners and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and the officers, employees and agents of each, from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to disqualify any individual who causes any such problem, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or any problem or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, or any combination thereof, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes.
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs, associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorneys' fees be awarded or recoverable; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Each winner, by accepting a prize, agrees to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, which may result from the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use or misuse of such prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the entrant's rights of publicity or privacy, or the entrant's claim that he/she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light).
Sweepstakes Entities do not assume any responsibility for any schedule changes in the Sweepstakes timeline, including without limitation, scheduling conflicts, labor strikes, Acts of God, or other unforeseen events that disrupt the Sweepstakes schedule. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes.
ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION'S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN. EACH PERSON WHO PARTICIPATES IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES AGREES THAT UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OVER ANY SUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR BASED UPON THESE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND EACH HEREBY WAIVES ANY CLAIM THAT IS NOT SUBJECT PERSONALLY TO THE JURISDICTION OF SAID COURTS OR THAT ANY SUCH SUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING IS BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM OR IMPROPER VENUE.
9. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST. For an additional copy of these Rules or the names of the Winners, send an email to . Requests received more than sixty (60) days after the prize drawing will not be honored.
10. SPONSORS. Ultimate Guitar USA LLC.
CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED