Line between correction or new tab

PDA

View Full Version : Line between correction or new tab

Hil4rio
11-17-2008, 09:23 AM
I use to search for and use chords. What to do if I find a chord score with one or two chords that i could change? Or a song that i'd transpose to make it easyer or cooler? Where is the limit between writing a correction or hanging a new tab?

Is this the correct forum for that question? I'm spanish and is hard to me to understend some forum rules.

captaincrunk
11-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I use to search for and use chords. What to do if I find a chord score with one or two chords that i could change? Or a song that i'd transpose to make it easyer or cooler? Where is the limit between writing a correction or hanging a new tab?

Is this the correct forum for that question? I'm spanish and is hard to me to understend some forum rules.
you can always submit the tab, and if it's too close, they'll deny it. Personally, please submit the tab if it's even slightly better!

Lemoninfluence
11-17-2008, 11:08 AM
you can post corrections in the comments section of each tab.

post it there first, and then if they still don't take notice after a while, submit your own but give credit to the original tabber. that should satisfy everyone concerned.

SomeoneYouKnew
11-17-2008, 06:14 PM
you can always submit the tab, and if it's too close, they'll deny it. Personally, please submit the tab if it's even slightly better!bad plan.

really BAD PLAN.

the tab team is very much against the idea of having too many versions of tabs.
minor corrections should always be accomplished by updates of existing versions, whenever possible.

major changes warrant a new version.

I use to search for and use chords. What to do if I find a chord score with one or two chords that i could change? post the corrections for the one or two chords as a comment on the existing tab, if it isn't your own, like lemon suggested.

Or a song that i'd transpose to make it easyer or cooler? dunno about that one. easier is NOT cooler if it isn't accurate.

Where is the limit between writing a correction or hanging a new tab?a few changes = correction
many changes = new tab.
use some judgment.

Is this the correct forum for that question? right here is fine. tab talk would work, too.

I'm spanish and is hard to me to understend some forum rules.fair enough. we'll work with you.

Hil4rio
11-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Really great help. Thanks all u guys.