Richard Hung Himself

PDA

View Full Version : Richard Hung Himself

pmcg35
11-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Okay I searched and couldnt find anything.

who originally wrote/performed the song richard hung himself...ive seen it by DI and Slayer and cant tell. also is it really about anyone because in a video of DI he says its the two year anniversary or something..but you know how punk singers like to say stupid ****..

maybe this is stupid but **** it.

thanks.

yeahyeah
11-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh man. for a second I was thinking that Richard Hell committed suicide. ****

Zero Substance
11-17-2008, 08:42 PM
haha. same here! i was frightened for a minute

pmcg35
11-17-2008, 08:44 PM
haha...at least people willr ead it now

DerekC99
11-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Adolescents I believe. But it could be DI. Either way, it was written by the guy who was in both bands.

Jett Diamond
11-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Casey Royer wrote the song while he was drumming in the Adolescents. The Adolescents recorded it as a demo Then Royer left the band or they broke up or whatever, he formed D.I., and performed the song there.

Then Slayer covered it I guess. Coincidentally, it's the only song by D.I. I like. The rest are pretty bland, me finds.

axeslash
11-17-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm really pissed that you beat me to this one Jett. I really am.

You can find a recording of the Adolescents playing it on their "Complete Demos 1908-1986." I tabbed out the Adolescents version and people have told me it was done by DI, despite the fact that the tab does not resemble the DI version very much at all.

werty22
11-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Me too! I'm surprised 2 other people thought the same thing.

BrianApocalypse
11-17-2008, 09:50 PM

Snap. :eek:

RizzoWashburn
11-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Then Slayer covered it I guess. Coincidentally, it's the only song by D.I. I like. The rest are pretty bland, me finds.
I like the album OC Life, the song Richard Hung Himself, and like 2 songs off of their new(ish) album On The Western Front.

Jett Diamond
11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
^^Yeah, I had a copy of OC Life--it was okay for a listen or two, then I got really bored. I don't know, I wish I liked them, I just couldn't get into them.

I'm really pissed that you beat me to this one Jett. I really am.

You can find a recording of the Adolescents playing it on their "Complete Demos 1908-1986." I tabbed out the Adolescents version and people have told me it was done by DI, despite the fact that the tab does not resemble the DI version very much at all.
HAHA SUCK IT BABY!! :heart:

lordofthefood1
11-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I know it is up the punx to use bad grammar
but the title bothers mee

RockThe40oz
11-17-2008, 10:24 PM
ha. I actually asked this same question like 3 years ago or something. Except I was trying to figure out between Adolescents and DI... I assumed Adolescents since their version had a abridged chorus, and it ended up being right.

pmcg35
11-18-2008, 12:50 AM
I know it is up the punx to use bad grammar
but the title bothers mee

damn i just realized that and now its gonna piss me off

hug a llama
11-18-2008, 02:31 AM
I always thought the title was "Richard Hung, himself" until i listened to the song.

radio_schizo
11-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Yeah....my heart actually stopped beating for a split second. Few! :wtf:

TiMaRmStRoNg101
11-19-2008, 02:26 PM
It was DI
although weren't members of DI also members of adolescents (and possibly every orange county punk band of that time.)

axeslash
11-19-2008, 03:24 PM
It was DIWhy you be spreading lies?

mike2
11-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Someone played a newer sounding version of that song once, and I got into an argument that it wasn't the right DI version...maybe it was slayers cover...

Jett Diamond
11-19-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm pretty sure DI rerecorded it--and that it sounded like shit. Though I could be wrong.

Why do I know such useless stuff about a band I find so boring? I feel odd about this.

axeslash
11-19-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm pretty sure DI rerecorded it--and that it sounded like shit. Though I could be wrong.

Why do I know such useless stuff about a band I find so boring? I feel odd about this.They re-recorded it on their album Caseyology. I don't particularly like that version, and I'm still of the opinion that the Adolescents version is superior.

Jett Diamond
11-19-2008, 09:15 PM
They re-recorded it on their album Caseyology. I don't particularly like that version, and I'm still of the opinion that the Adolescents version is superior.
Yeah! That's the album I was thinking of!
IMO the rest of their albums are pretty bland, but that one's awful.

The Adolescents version is pretty good--they were a good band. I don't like what happened to Tony's voice now though. That said, I'm not sure if I like the original DI version of the Adolescents version better....then again, I don't listen to either anymore, so, meh!

axeslash
11-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah! That's the album I was thinking of!
IMO the rest of their albums are pretty bland, but that one's awful.

The Adolescents version is pretty good--they were a good band. I don't like what happened to Tony's voice now though. That said, I'm not sure if I like the original DI version of the Adolescents version better....then again, I don't listen to either anymore, so, meh!DI and Adolescents were really really good for their first proper album. Then it went downhill after that.

Jett Diamond
11-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I'd say that's a good assessment. The s/t Adolescents album was one of the best CA hardcore albums, I'd say.

mike2
11-19-2008, 10:48 PM
so, i might have been wrong...or right...

I feel better saying I was right...

but it didn't sound like what I think slayer would sound like...but whatevs...

and the blue album is the ****e....

blackflag49
11-20-2008, 02:45 AM
so, i might have been wrong...or right...

I feel better saying I was right...

but it didn't sound like what I think slayer would sound like...but whatevs...

and the blue album is the ****e....
ಠ_ಠ

TiMaRmStRoNg101
11-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Why you be spreading lies?

I know Casey Royer.

axeslash
11-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I know Casey Royer.Pics or it didn't happen.

gopherthegreat
11-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh man. for a second I was thinking that Richard Hell committed suicide. ****haha. same here! i was frightened for a minuteMe too! I'm surprised 2 other people thought the same thing.Yeah....my heart actually stopped beating for a split second. Few! :wtf:
I also thought that :(

StreetLight3989
11-20-2008, 04:31 PM
I thought the same thing about Richard Hell, I'm relieved now.