Black Bandana in Back Pocket?

PDA

View Full Version : Black Bandana in Back Pocket?

klducks
11-18-2008, 01:08 AM
I know that wearing a bandana in the back pocket could mean you're in a gang.

Although, watching Rock am Ring 2008, James Hetfield had a black bandana in the left back pocket. Then watching the Scream, Aim, Fire vid, Heafy is wearing a black bandana in the back right pocket.

I'm just curious on what wearing a black bandana in the back pocket is supposed to symbolize since wearing a red/blue one in the back pocket definitely means youre part of a gang.

schecter_guy
11-18-2008, 01:09 AM
i guess that means dennis the menace was in a gang

aaronob
11-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Wearing any color bandana in your pocket signifies that your a part of one gang or another... around here in SoCal anyways. Theyre color coded by gang. Red is one gang, blue is another, yellow is a different rival gang, and so and so forth.

So dont wear one because some gangster might think youre a rival or something and bust a cap in ya.

Kid_Thorazine
11-18-2008, 01:11 AM
some people do it because they think it looks cool, I keep one when I play live because I like to be able to wipe the sweat/blood/vaginal discharge off my hands occasionally so it doesn't screw up my playing. Hetifield could keep one for the same reason, or maybe just because he's a tool.

Jaymz2K
11-18-2008, 01:12 AM

Although, watching Rock am Ring 2008, James Hetfield had a black bandana in the left back pocket. Then watching the Scream, Aim, Fire vid, Heafy is wearing a black bandana in the back right pocket.

I'm just curious on what wearing a black bandana in the back pocket is supposed to symbolize since wearing a red/blue one in the back pocket definitely means youre part of a gang.

Wat.

Lrn2genericmetalcore.

On topic, I have no idea. Maybe it's a charity thing?

metal Lover

Maybe its some secret gang of almost metal bands.

sg4eva
Generally white & black are presumed not to be gang related colours. I have dreads and love to wear bandanas to keep them out of my face, so I only ever where black-based or white-based ones.

It's probably just a style. I hang mine out of my back pocket when it's not on my head.

FooFighter1927
11-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Then watching the Scream, Aim, Fire vid, Heafy is wearing a black bandana in the back right pocket.

Dude, Matt Heafy is in Trivium.

Jaymz2K
11-18-2008, 01:16 AM
Maybe its some secret gang of almost metal bands.

I was going to say something like this, but thought it best not too feed the fanboys. We know they love to whine...

spiderjerusalem
11-18-2008, 01:16 AM
in NorCal (since SoCal got brought up), its just any other random fashion thingy, but only if youre white and not acting too shifty. i'll put one back there if i have it with me and dont have anywhere else to put it. in my experience, gangs have it around the neck

Davo Ownz
11-18-2008, 01:17 AM
:no: Now you have me curious, there's a yr 7'er that uses his bandana as a tissue.:redbite:

klducks
11-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Blah, Matt Tuck* Got the Matt's confused.

meh, is it just a style to wear a black/white bandana in the back pocket? I'd be scared to walk down the street with a black bandana in my back pocket.

Kid_Thorazine
11-18-2008, 01:19 AM
Blah, Matt Tuck* Got the Matt's confused.

meh, is it just a style to wear a black/white bandana in the back pocket? I'd be scared to walk down the street with a black bandana in my back pocket.

Why, black generally isn't affiliated with any gangs, and people in gangs (the kind of people I'm assuming you're afraid of) know this, and probably aren't going to bother you.

gunners fan
11-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Then watching the Scream, Aim, Fire vid, Heafy is wearing a black bandana in the back right pocket.

Scream, Aim, Fire=Bullet for my valentine

Heafy=Trivium

WTF?

NooB!

klducks
11-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Hmm, maybe.

Are there any other noticable people that wear black bandanas in their back pocket besides Hetfield and Tuck?

sg4eva
11-18-2008, 01:22 AM
I did once, however, go to a strip club where I was asked to remove my bandana for gang related reasons. It was white and had black skulls on it.

I have never been bothered otherwise, although I've been told that when I have one on with my hood up, I look like I'm about to **** someone up. The beard doesn't help either.

sargasm
11-18-2008, 01:24 AM
Black Bandanna in back left pocket means S&M top (I've also heard hard bondage)

http://alt.xmission.com/~trevin/hanky.html

ibanez41093
11-18-2008, 01:24 AM
I wear a black bandanna around my head with a hat

dont mean im in a gang

imthehitcher
11-18-2008, 01:25 AM
black isn's a proper gang colour,

Why, black generally isn't affiliated with any gangs, and people in gangs (the kind of people I'm assuming you're afraid of) know this, and probably aren't going to bother you

this is generally it, your a twat, kill yourself

captaincrunk
11-18-2008, 01:25 AM
Why, black generally isn't affiliated with any gangs, and people in gangs (the kind of people I'm assuming you're afraid of) know this, and probably aren't going to bother you.
black is associated with young jeezy, thats for sure. Don't discount black as a neutral gang color.

klducks
11-18-2008, 01:27 AM
Black Bandanna in back left pocket means S&M top

Guess I would wear mine on back left.

O:>
I wear a black bandanna around my head with a hat

dont mean im in a gang
Course, But I would be afraid that people would perceive it otherwise.

ExtremeMetalFTW
11-18-2008, 01:28 AM
Black bandanas are trademark of the Folk Nation and People nations

Rightside=Folk Nation
Leftside=People Nations

doesn't amtter what ethnicity youy are, whit, hispanic, black and asian gangs are found in both gang alliances

Kata Dante
11-18-2008, 01:31 AM
James Hetfield's is usually purple, since purple is his favorite color. Other than that, I don't know the reasoning behind it.

/Metallica fangirl

xyz66
11-18-2008, 01:31 AM
it makes u look cool, lololol

oh, btw, black, white, and gray are neutral colours. and purple is a skater colour.

ExtremeMetalFTW
11-18-2008, 01:32 AM
it makes u look cool, lololol

oh, btw, black, white, and gray are neutral colours. and purple is a skater colour.
Only gray is neutral

and purple is a scene kid color in So Cal

Habit Zero
11-18-2008, 01:35 AM
I walk around with pink panties in my back pocket (13 year old girls just whip them off and throw them at me), and people often mistake them for a bandana. This is likely the same with Hetfield, as he is a well-known poon-magnet.

Btw, I am the youngest Jonas Brother, if you couldn't surmise that. I think my name is... Kevin Jonas?

drunkinkoala
11-18-2008, 01:38 AM
Hetfield's gangsta.

Survivalism
11-18-2008, 01:38 AM

What? You mean Trivium is ripping off Metallica?

THIS IS A BRAND NEW OCCURRENCE!

xyz66
11-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Only gray is neutral

and purple is a scene kid color in So Cal

i live in so cal, and i dont see scene kids with purple bandanas. in fact, the dont even wear them(i havent seen many), and the ones that i've seen have random colour bandana's.

oh, and black, white and gray are neutral :)

ExtremeMetalFTW
11-18-2008, 01:51 AM
i live in so cal, and i dont see scene kids with purple bandanas. in fact, the dont even wear them(i havent seen many), and the ones that i've seen have random colour bandana's.

oh, and black, white and gray are neutral :)
Well the scene kid thing might just be my school

Gray is neutral, white might be, but black is a gang color, primarily in Chicago

shut_up_n00b
11-18-2008, 01:52 AM
In my town, all the regulars in the scene wear bandana's. They're usually douchebags too.

zippidyduda
11-18-2008, 02:21 AM
I walk around with pink panties in my back pocket (13 year old girls just whip them off and throw them at me), and people often mistake them for a bandana. This is likely the same with Hetfield, as he is a well-known poon-magnet.

Btw, I am the youngest Jonas Brother, if you couldn't surmise that. I think my name is... Kevin Jonas?

Wasnt it Joe? I dont know :p:

Anyway, wearing bandanas of any sort usually result in getting shot, but the colors to avoid like the plague are red and blue (Bloods and Crips)

ExtremeMetalFTW
11-18-2008, 02:42 AM
Wasnt it Joe? I dont know :p:

Anyway, wearing bandanas of any sort usually result in getting shot, but the colors to avoid like the plague are red and blue (Bloods and Crips)
plus if youre Mexican(not sure about other hispanics) NEVER wear RED in So Cal and NEVER wear BLUE in Nor Cal

Not even your boxers

You'll be dead before you know it

GArrigan
11-18-2008, 02:43 AM
thank go i liv in regional australia were the only time i come in contact with anything gang related is when i go into wodonga and theres a bunch of stoned derros drinking goon and attempting to stab ****

Motoxracer433
04-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Red and Blue are primarily gang signs (blue+left=crips, red+right=bloods)
Otherwise every color has some type of meaning within gay culture, and other that that I'm pretty sure its pretty much personal preference like what color YOU want and which side YOU want.

I read somewhere that outside of gang and gay culture bandanas are primarily representative of your mood. Like white is inner peace, tranquility, and the darker the color the darker your mood. What side you wear it on is simply preference

faultyy
04-09-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm sure the bandana in the back pocket thing was invented by gay people to say what they like to get upto in their spare time

Thrasher51
04-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Hmm, maybe.

Are there any other noticable people that wear black bandanas in their back pocket besides Hetfield and Tuck?
I've seen Slash with one on a few occasions.

Tatakai!
04-09-2009, 05:12 PM
It symbolizes douchebaggery.

huevos
04-09-2009, 05:26 PM
I mah city each turf is color coded.
South= Blue
West= Black
North= Red
East= ...wtf.. My town doesn't have a very big east side gang
mostly the Air Force Base and the rich people live on the East side here.

Whats the most ridiculous gang name in your city?
Mine has to be juaritos maravilla southeast LION KINGS ...Haha

Oli_88
04-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Damnit! I appear to have stepped into my time-machine again.

CrazyPigeon
04-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I've never actually seen anyone over here wear a bandana in a back pocket for a long time. I have a right tool of a mate who used to do it, but it wasn't anything gang related. Over here in England gangs aren't really much of a problem (at least where I live).

SniperFox
04-09-2009, 05:50 PM

Here in the South Bronx, wearing a black bandanna in your back pocket just means you're neutral. I'm sure its like that nationwide.

:cool:

SniperFox
04-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Sweet jesus thats 'tarded.

Where I'm from a bandana is a bandana.

You're not in the states now are 'ye?

I mah city each turf is color coded.
South= Blue
West= Black
North= Red
East= ...wtf.. My town doesn't have a very big east side gang
mostly the Air Force Base and the rich people live on the East side here.

Whats the most ridiculous gang name in your city?
Mine has to be juaritos maravilla southeast LION KINGS ...Haha

East = green? :confused:

werty22
04-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Hmm, maybe.

I think Billie Joe Armstrong does occasionally. Probably dozens more, but I can't think of any in particular. I don't think it's uncommon at all, and it's probably lost all meaning in most places. Like sagging pants.

slaptasticdave
04-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Why are you looking at James Hetfield's butt?

Grimmy101
04-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Hetfield's bandanna is related to some motorcycle club hes in.. I guess all the members have these.

coryklok
04-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Black Bandanna in back left pocket means S&M top (I've also heard hard bondage)

:haha icwutudidthar

"Gay men used this code to communicate with each other in the noisy and distracting environment of gay bars."