Wtf

PDA

View Full Version : Wtf

bambamm89
11-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Chances are this thread will be closed. But before it is could someone tell me why my last two threads have been moved/closed. I asked a general question in the pit to get some feedback. Yes, it could have went under the music/genre forum. However I used to post there ages ago and never got one answer. Then I started posting stuff like this in the pit all the time and now . . . just today I get closed/moved. Are you mods getting stricter on the forums? Is there a particular reason my second thread wasn't just moved???

PS my first thread still only has one view . . . . the main reason I didn't put it there.
PPS . . . Sorry for the rant. . .

Jimmer1720
11-18-2008, 02:57 PM
It's kind of a piss off, and you won't get many answers here besides this one, but hey, people in the pit are generally....well....hell, they're not people. They're savage animals.

You'll learn.

Thepoison92
If you put your threads in the wrong place are you really surprised that they get closed?

nightraven
the pit is for non-music related topics... of course the staff are stricter than they were back in 04 because there are hundreds of thousands more users to deal with. if everyone posted their music thread in the pit it'd all break down. i don't know why it wasn't moved but to move a thread the mod would have to be modded in that other forum as well, which almost all the pit mods aren't.

jimmy_neutron
11-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Just because a forum doesnt get as much traffic as the pit doesnt mean you shgould post it in the pit. The forums are divided up for ease of discussion of certain topics. i.e posting in the classic rock forum will greatly improve your chances of discussing your topic with someone who actively listens to classic rock, thus leading to a more worthwhile and informative discussion. Thus any discussion that isnt off topic and is posted in the pit, will more often than not be closed.

The thread in question should have been posted in the Bandleading forum, and discussion of similar music probably should go in th e'Other' forum.

If you want a more specific answer PM a pit mod and they will help you

divid3d
11-19-2008, 02:54 AM
to move a thread the mod would have to be modded in that other forum as well, which almost all the pit mods aren't.
nah not true. pit mods can move threads in the pit to any other forum on UG. you only need to be modded in the forum that the thread originated in.

threadstarter, i don't know exactly which threads you're referring to. if you want a specific answer, please post a link to the threads in question.

since your "Experimental . . . I think" thread is closed i would assume that is one of the ones you're asking about? it was closed by carmel_l, so feel free to ask her if you need more information. however my guess would be that it was closed rather than moved because the majority of the responses it had received so far were spam/pointless/not helpful. when a thread is filled mostly with spam responses it's not usually worth salvaging and we will generally close it rather than move it. you'd be better off making a fresh thread in the appropriate forum so you could get some serious discussion without all the spam.

SomeoneYouKnew
11-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Chances are this thread will be closed. But before it is could someone tell me why my last two threads have been moved/closed. I asked a general question in the pit to get some feedback. Yes, it could have went under the music/genre forum. However I used to post there ages ago and never got one answer. Then I started posting stuff like this in the pit all the time and now . . . just today I get closed/moved. Are you mods getting stricter on the forums? Is there a particular reason my second thread wasn't just moved???

PS my first thread still only has one view . . . . the main reason I didn't put it there.
PPS . . . Sorry for the rant. . .if something belongs in a forum, put it there.

sometimes Mods will move a misplaced thread from the Pit to the forum it belongs in. this happens more often when a thread is carefully worded, has attention to detail, pics, links, etc. but otherwise, generally not. and with good reason. even if a thread isn't spammed, a mod moving it rather than closing it encourages people to continue misplacing threads. if they don't have to go through the inconvenience of making a new one, why not just put everything in the Pit?

the forums are there for a reason. if you aren't getting reads/replies, look over your threads and try to improve the quality of the content and the titles.