Settings for Christian Rock?

PDA

View Full Version : Settings for Christian Rock?

hatooku
11-18-2008, 10:57 PM
I need a amp setting and ds-1 pedal setting.
treble:
Mid:
Bass:
DS-1 Tone:
Distortion:
Level:
I get weird 'Light' distortion right now as if it is half empty(something)
And also do I have to set my guitar volume and Tone to 10 all the time? becus with my volume 10 it sounds like metal when i barely have distortion on :confused:

strat0blaster
11-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Christian rock tone?

Set the gain to "Praise Jesus," the output to "Oh lord!" and the DS1 to "And he was smitten!"

In all seriousness, it's the same as any other genre of rock, man. Christian rock doesn't dictate religion specific gear.

sesstreets
11-18-2008, 11:03 PM
treble: 10
Mid:0
Bass:10
DS-1 Tone:10
Distortion:5
Level:Whatever you need it to be.

That should sound very holy.

Kutanmoogle
11-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Turn all knobs to 6.

Kevin Saale
11-18-2008, 11:05 PM
I thought god hated rock music? I'm confused now.

Bostonrocks
11-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Kevin I don't know what the heck you're talking about but there are some great christian players out there.

Rex Carrol-Whitecross http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDv7560VuZ8Todd Agnew-Todd agnew http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O2zamX4f6o

Lincoln Brewster

hey man, try this just go for a classic rock tone, thats how I play all the worship music I play just keep it real religion doesn't dictate tone haha.

So set your mids about 3 oclock bass about 1:30/2 and treble around noon.

what amp do you have?

Kevin Saale
11-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Sorry, christian music just makes me sick.

I agree though, from what I've heard its a lot of clean stuff and any overdrive sounds pretty classic rock like.

Bostonrocks
11-18-2008, 11:15 PM
it's okay I'll deal with it :haha:

Kevin Saale
11-18-2008, 11:16 PM
^:cheers:

hatooku
11-18-2008, 11:18 PM
I have the Roland Street Amp... And if you say iTS THE SAME as the rock tone, why don't you just tell me the classic rock tone?

Kevin Saale
11-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Well, that's open to debate, but I'd leave everything flat on the amp, set the tone to a 11 o clock or noon and set the distortion to around 9 or 10 o clock, set the level to taste.

Then, set the amp up to your liking for final tweaking.

Bostonrocks
11-18-2008, 11:21 PM
so we're cool? haha

it's okay I still like blues more

strat0blaster
11-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Boston, your sig is awesome indeed.
I'm still laughing.

A7X-LoGaN-A7X
11-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Why don't you ask about it in your prayers? Let God set your tone for you.

But srsly, just do whatever sounds good. I don't think it's a sin to play bad sounding music. Is it?

Kevin Saale
11-18-2008, 11:28 PM
so we're cool? haha

it's okay I still like blues more

:cheers: I don't judge people based on what kind of music they listen to or play or what their religion is.

Unless they like emo......

Bostonrocks
11-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Boston, your sig is awesome indeed.
I'm still laughing.

yeah I though it was a good one

:haha: even I beat on emos haha

Guitargod12345
11-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Unplug the guitar

Ian hawkins
11-19-2008, 02:44 AM
If you go to the 666 page of the bible it will tell you the secret to god's tone.
Apparntly he uses a squier strat and a line 6 spider.

Lol I'm only joking so don't take any offence to that.

silly hats
11-19-2008, 03:05 AM
If you go to the 666 page of the bible it will tell you the secret to god's tone.
Apparntly he uses a squier strat and a line 6 spider.

Lol I'm only joking so don't take any offence to that.

:facepalm:

No, just no.

`digitaL.braVo
11-19-2008, 03:09 AM
I need a amp setting and ds-1 pedal setting.
treble:
Mid:
Bass:
DS-1 Tone:
Distortion:
Level:
I get weird 'Light' distortion right now as if it is half empty(something)
And also do I have to set my guitar volume and Tone to 10 all the time? becus with my volume 10 it sounds like metal when i barely have distortion on :confused:

"Christian" rock is just like emo and all the "metal"/core type music. The best settings are:

Off.

In all seriousness, why don't you just experiment for a sound that works for you? Start with everything at the neutral position (usually the 12 o'clock position for all the EQ knobs) then decide what it "needs" or has "too much" of.

silly hats
11-19-2008, 03:13 AM
"Serving God ain't hard with a credit card, Jesus lived to I could make Alot".

I'd think a twangy clean sound would suit most types of Christian Rock. Use the pedal to make a light crisp crunch.

slash_rocks2005
11-19-2008, 03:56 AM
I don't judge people based on what kind of music they listen to or play or what their religion is.

Unless they like emo......

i listen to kid rock among my usual everyday music...that's usually the unexpected statement that gets me flamed haha. i like seeing people try to tell me how unoriginal and lame he is, when i know that prolly only a fraction of those people have actually even listened to more than 2 songs off of DWAC.

relevance? KR isn't emo and no one on UG other than me seems to like him. 'uncool' to the max i guess

slash_edit: oh and christian rock has gone through serious changes in sound over the recent years. the explosion of metal core has spawned a lot of low register breakdown christian metal that is actually talentful. a great friend of mine's band is like a post grunge/hard rock christian band and i LOVE their stuff. Crew 277, look em up on myspace and check their stuff, not the typical 'light OD and twang' like a lotta people confuse christian music to generally be.

but yes, when i'm playing in the praise and worship band at church, i use a good tad-heavier-than-AC/DC crunch for my stuff.

ihavenoname93
11-19-2008, 05:07 AM
yea, TS, we cant give you settings for something as broad as "christian rock" without you telling us influences/what type of tone you want. not to mention we have no idea what gear you play through. not all amps are created equal

hcsn2008
11-19-2008, 09:51 AM
I don't get these questions.. It depends on your guitar and amp and everything. Plus we don't know the exact tone you are going for. Tone isn't that hard to dial in. Some people act like theres this secret setting that's going to make your amp just come alive! lol Man just dial in how much highs you want and lows and mids and gain... i mean...What sounds right... sounds right. TO YOU