xXSLEEPING GIANTXx

PDA

View Full Version : xXSLEEPING GIANTXx

buddha:)
11-19-2008, 03:47 AM
THIS BAND IS SOOOOOO!!!! GOOD, its seems as if no one knows them on here but in cali. there pretty big. not my fav. but underrated on here. there rawnchy, well put together, passionate, and beyond the best band live.(that ive seen) any other fans? :confused:

fredzeskater
11-19-2008, 03:52 AM
ive heard of them, never heard them though...

i don't hear about many XXX bands anymore. im still stoked from hearing xAFBx last year anyway. haha

Necrophagist777
11-19-2008, 03:54 AM
Great band, so is xdeathstarx and pretty much any band on facedown!

xxbobsfolderxx
11-19-2008, 03:55 AM
Sleeping Giant is an amazing band! They're even more amazing live!

11-19-2008, 03:55 AM
ah go listen to, blame it on the holly rollers! on myspace or something. there so good. who is xAFBx?

11-19-2008, 03:56 AM
Great band, so is xdeathstarx and pretty much any band on facedown!

thats what i use to think but there starting to sign alot of crappy bands! its balls.

Necrophagist777
11-19-2008, 03:59 AM
thats what i use to think but there starting to sign alot of crappy bands! its balls.

a plea for purging is amazing, for today is great, war of ages is epic. Impending Doom will destroy your face :D

chris_122
11-19-2008, 04:02 AM
i see...

11-19-2008, 04:03 AM
a plea for purging is amazing, for today is great, war of ages is epic. Impending Doom will destroy your face :D

a little to metally for my taste, but what the hell happends to bands like xlooking forwardx, bloody dunday... there so straying away form tradit. hc/ hc-metal

Necrophagist777
11-19-2008, 04:05 AM
a little to metally for my taste, but what the hell happends to bands like xlooking forwardx, bloody dunday... there so straying away form tradit. hc/ hc-metal

well i'm much more of a metal/death metal dude so i can see where your coming from.

11-19-2008, 04:06 AM
well i'm much more of a metal/death metal dude so i can see where your coming from.

ive seen for today and impending doom live though. for today is sooooo good!!! and impending doom is what it is

Necrophagist777
11-19-2008, 04:09 AM
ive seen for today and impending doom live though. for today is sooooo good!!! and impending doom is what it is

yea for today is amazing especially "agape", and you either love or hate impending doom, but i love them cuz they bring the brutalz like no one else.

cromthereaper
11-19-2008, 06:14 AM
i dont like bands that spend more time trying to convert people than playing music
i pay good money to see a band perform not deliver some ****ing oh praise himathon

Necrophagist777
11-19-2008, 12:32 PM
i dont like bands that spend more time trying to convert people than playing music
i pay good money to see a band perform not deliver some ****ing oh praise himathon

well i've never seen any of these bands do that, except maybe at something like cornerstone or facedown fest. and those are christian festivals, if you go to something like that i hope you know what your getting into.

Personally i don't have a problem with it, they are standing up for what they believe in. Same with anti-religious and satanic bands, they are doing the same thing just on the other end of the religious spectrum.

If you don't like it, there are plenty of bands that take no religious stance at all. It's not like there being something they are not and then trying to convert you. They are on a christian label, playing with other christian bands, if you don't expect them to preach to you you are being ignorant.

pmeg568c
11-19-2008, 02:36 PM
i'm going to guess that this band blows. since you put 2 x's in the name, and they are a christian band on facedown

Necrophagist777
11-19-2008, 02:42 PM
i'm going to guess that this band blows. since you put 2 x's in the name, and they are a christian band on facedown

as opposed to the non-christian bands on facedown??? LOL It's a christian label, every band is christian.

pmeg568c
11-19-2008, 02:59 PM
cool, that comment was really helpful. i know that. just reiterating it.

Necrophagist777
11-19-2008, 03:02 PM
cool, that comment was really helpful. i know that. just reiterating it.

what's the point? we all know they are straight edge/hardcore/christian bands on that label. That's part of why we like a lot of their bands.

pmeg568c
11-19-2008, 03:07 PM
lol nevermind. my point is this band sucks, along with the current facedown lineup. it's not well put together, TS obviously hasn't been to any shows if he thinks they are the best live band, and any band can have passion, their passion is just for a religion that i can guarantee they either are hypocritical about or don't even really follow.

saxaxe
11-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm going to join in that assumption, but if someone provides me with a link, I'll at least give them a listen.

Righteous Heart
11-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm going to join in that assumption, but if someone provides me with a link, I'll at least give them a listen.

http://www.myspace.com/sleepingxgiant

Band does blow, hard.

saxaxe
11-19-2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.myspace.com/sleepingxgiant

Band does blow, hard.
Holy crap. Yes they do. It's like if Emmure found Jesus.

Necrophagist777
11-19-2008, 04:08 PM
lol nevermind. my point is this band sucks, along with the current facedown lineup. it's not well put together, TS obviously hasn't been to any shows if he thinks they are the best live band, and any band can have passion, their passion is just for a religion that i can guarantee they either are hypocritical about or don't even really follow.

How can you make a judgment on what they believe?? I know for a fact that the vocalist (Thom) of sleeping giant pastors a hXc church in Redlands, CA. You can hate their music, but don't question their beliefs just because you think they suck.

Righteous Heart
11-19-2008, 04:16 PM
How can you make a judgment on what they believe?? I know for a fact that the vocalist (Thom) of sleeping giant pastors a hXc church in Redlands, CA. You can hate their music, but don't question their beliefs just because you think they suck.

A hXc church?
What's the dress code?
Camo shorts, New Era caps, "sick" huge print shirts?

Necrophagist777
11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
A hXc church?
What's the dress code?

Some people are so close-minded.............................. :mad:

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
11-19-2008, 04:20 PM
There is no such thing as a hardcore church. Hardcore by it's very essence is free-thinking, that is impossible to achieve with a close-minded ideology like Christianity.

pmeg568c
11-19-2008, 04:28 PM
lol a hardcore church? hilarious. funniest thing i've heard all day. I'm only questioning their beliefs because all Christians are hypocritical. i was a strong christian for 18 years of my life and i've seen what it does to all of them. not to mention the scene they are involved in is known for scummy dudes and unnecessary violence.

saxaxe
11-19-2008, 04:59 PM
A hXc church?
What's the dress code?
No camo allowed anymore, its only gym shorts now.

IcePh0enix
11-19-2008, 07:28 PM
No me gusta.

They're pretty awful but questioning their beliefs based on their music is kind of stupid. Yes, I guarantee they are hypocritical, but you could say any christian who sins is hypocritical (all of them).

hXc church does sound pretty funny though.

andyq777
11-19-2008, 10:29 PM

:haha

Righteous Heart
11-20-2008, 12:08 AM
No camo allowed anymore, its only gym shorts now.

Oh sorry, didn't get this week's hXc church newsletter.

Okeefe Is Legit
11-20-2008, 01:56 AM

Even though I love Sleeping Giant, this is so true! :haha
Saw them this past summer though, and it was one of the most passionate shows I've ever attended.

And pretty much every band on facedown is freakin amazing.
I saw For Today on the west coast, and the crowd was so ****ing disappointing.
I want to see them in the midwest. :sad:

Necrophagist777
11-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Even though I love Sleeping Giant, this is so true! :haha
Saw them this past summer though, and it was one of the most passionate shows I've ever attended.

And pretty much every band on facedown is freakin amazing.
I saw For Today on the west coast, and the crowd was so ****ing disappointing.
I want to see them in the midwest. :sad:

:cheers:

JxD
11-20-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm so tired of Christian bands. Facedown keeps signing the worst bands in existence.

Okeefe Is Legit
11-20-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm so tired of Christian bands. Facedown keeps signing the worst bands in existence.

...or maybe you have the worst music taste in existence?

I kid, I kid

11-20-2008, 10:32 PM

for starters all they do is express what there about and there music as well, what musicians do, no "converting involved." you pay like 5 to 15 dollars a show, if thats good money go get a job or two. oh yeah and SLEEPING GIANT OWNS!!!

hob777
11-21-2008, 10:56 AM

They're actually the least hypocritical of Christian hardcore bands out right now.
They're playing a Christian music festival in Israel for crying out loud.

hob777
11-21-2008, 10:58 AM
lol a hardcore church? hilarious. funniest thing i've heard all day. I'm only questioning their beliefs because all Christians are hypocritical. i was a strong christian for 18 years of my life and i've seen what it does to all of them. not to mention the scene they are involved in is known for scummy dudes and unnecessary violence.

And yes, we Christians admit that we're all hypocritical in some way.
You sound like you need some more Jesus back in your life dude.

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
11-21-2008, 01:34 PM
You sound like you need some more Jesus back in your life dude.

:haha :haha :haha :haha

Beanerofshred
04-01-2009, 01:54 PM
REVIVE THIS ****

lawl

i like sleeping giant alot

:D