Quick Vocals Question

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Vocals Question

Drewcifer 000
11-19-2008, 09:20 PM
So I know people on here are pretty damn good at doing scream/growl vocals. I can do the death metal growl and whatnot, but I what I want to learn how to do is the kind of like screamo scream. Like in Scary Kids Scaring Kids, or Chiodos, or Duck Duck Goose. I was wondering if anyone on here could give me some tips on how to sound like that.

RPguitarplaya
11-19-2008, 09:27 PM
theres really nothing you can do to sound like that.. thats just how their screaming voices are.

DarthKarth
11-19-2008, 09:30 PM
i'm sorry i'm not exactly sure how they sound.

but if its highs, just start experimenting with the back of your throat.

no homo.

xrawrockkillsx
11-19-2008, 10:01 PM
hmmmm. you cant really teach it i dont think. it took me a couple of months to be able to do it. your throat will ****ing kill trying to find it though. just go drive around and turn up some screamo as loud as you can and experiment with it.

b4mvthrasher
11-20-2008, 01:38 AM
you can find teachers for this sort of stuff, but if not, you can always buy that "Zen of Screaming" thing.

Righteous Heart
11-20-2008, 02:44 AM
Not to be a douche, but the bands you mentioned are not screamo.
That is all.

NeoGuitarist
11-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Watch this video-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcC7hUIFJLA

You will then have the power.

Drewcifer 000
11-20-2008, 12:11 PM
you can find teachers for this sort of stuff, but if not, you can always buy that "Zen of Screaming" thing.

I've already got the Zen of Screaming but it's all warm-ups and tells you not to try and sound like anyone else.

Not to be a douche, but the bands you mentioned are not screamo.
That is all.

Yeah I know but I didn't know what to refer to that kind of scream as.

treflip
11-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I can do it but only with my throat, which basically destroys your voice over time, or from my diaphragm really quietly. Guess you can either do it or you can't.

Internal Chaos
11-20-2008, 03:37 PM
You're never going to be able to mimic someone else. You'd need to have their speaking voice too.

Magero
11-20-2008, 03:48 PM
David: Go to bed.
You've got a point though.

Internal Chaos
11-21-2008, 01:32 AM
David: Go to bed.
You've got a point though.
Haha I couldn't, I had to leave for school three minutes after I posted that comment :p:

God that was a long night haha.

ThreeB's
11-21-2008, 12:24 PM
My dude,

Screaming is all in phrasing in your throat.
The best bet is learn how to mimick the sound like phonetically or in a whisper,
then add the power that u use in your growl.
Bam you can scream like them

I can do all screaming using that mentality

ender898
11-21-2008, 01:46 PM
hey browksi what up? well the kind of vocals you are trying to perform are basic throated vocals. now dont let the name fool you. you shouldnt actually use your vocal chords because they could rupture and thats pretty lethal. what you have to do like most screams you need to use your diaphram and create a higher version of a gutter scream. the only diffrence is you have to make it higher and take out the murkiness of your voice. and thats probably about it. its quite simple and once you figure out the breathing technique you will be able to produce this scream at any given time during a performance or practice session.