Joey Tafolla???

PDA

View Full Version : Joey Tafolla???

iTzMaTT
11-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Does anyone know of Joey Tafolla? I asked many people and they say "Say whuttttttttttt?"
I've been looking for his song "Cranktenstein" on Youtube...nothing! Even for tabs here and other sites...nothing!
Is he really that infamous? He's godly, IMO!
Share pl0x.

DaFjory
11-20-2008, 12:28 AM
He's cool, but just a bit limited in terms of output. I mean, he's only put out 3 albums in the space of 21 years! :eek:

And they're pretty standard stuff. Nothing about him blew me away.

seth's daddy
11-20-2008, 12:43 AM
He's got an instructional video available. You used to be able to get it from Carvin. And I know that he did at least one album on the Shrapnel label. He tours mostly as a sideman. I saw him a few years back with Michael Sweet (Stryper).

iTzMaTT
11-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Yehh I really like his work, it's just that I can't find any tabs to attempt any of his work.

Nacho Cheese!
11-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I like his work but I don't consider him great enough for me to listen to/talk about a whole lot.

dissonance88
12-04-2008, 10:28 AM
His first album out of the sun is brilliant, one of my favourite instrumetal cds, and it has tony Macalpine doing keyboards and guest solos from Paul Gilbert, strange that he never got the attention that other shrapnel artists at the time got.

DaFjory
12-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that he didn't maintain a consistent output of work throughout the '80s and '90s - Moore, MacAlpine and Howe did it, so maybe he just didn't have anything more to offer to the table.