Misery Signals

PDA

View Full Version : Misery Signals

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RawrSlinky
11-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Can't believe there is no thread on this amazing band. Awesome metalcore with great drumming and lyrics. I'm going to see them December 8th and was wondering if any of you guys have seen them live before. So yeah uhh talk about them here :D

Myspace (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=3165948)

aggiefan33
11-24-2008, 10:45 PM
there's been several bands. i thought about seeing them with BMTH, but then realized that mis sigs wouldn't make up for all the other ****ty bands

RawrSlinky
11-24-2008, 11:16 PM
there's been several bands. i thought about seeing them with BMTH, but then realized that mis sigs wouldn't make up for all the other ****ty bands

Well I really wanted to see them and I'm going w/ a couple friends who like BMTH so I figured it would be acceptable

JxD
11-25-2008, 01:58 AM
I used to like them, but when they were here with comeback kid, I opted to go buy a sandwich instead of watch them. I think I made the right choice. Although they have some sweet ambient moments, they have way too many breakdowns and stereotypical nu-metalcore parts.

adtthosa
11-25-2008, 02:05 AM
My favourite band.

I saw them on their recent tour with Comeback Kid, they were awesome but it would have been a lot better if I didn't feel like **** that night. I was way into the first half of their set but I had to stand off to the side for the last half.

But yeah, they rule. Misery Signals >>>> sandwich.

Haymaker17
11-25-2008, 02:08 AM
the year summer ended in june is really good. big fan of this band. check out 7 angels 7 plagues if you like misery signals

kaosfire
11-25-2008, 02:15 AM
i LOVE misery business!

Best song evar!!!!!

=D

fltlll
11-25-2008, 04:22 AM
At one point, they were undoubtedly my favorite band. When Of Malice came out, I basically jammed it obsessively... everyday, at least a good 5 or 6 times. Hell, sometimes I would start it over the second it finished. Arguably, that's their best release so far, and it looks like it's going to stay that way. Mirrors and Controller were definitely good, but they didn't live up to the sheer brilliance of Of Malice. I'm not bummed though... at least I got to see them with Jesse before he left the band (HUGE turning point IMO) and I had the mic for basically all of Five Years... definitely a surreal moment.

adamcouture
11-25-2008, 12:18 PM
This band is nothing short of amazing. I've seen them twice in the past year. The first time I saw them was like my second hardcore show, so I wasn't really into them. But this year at Dirtfest was great. They're the reason I'm going to the BMTH show in Detroit. I could care less about BMTH; I just wanna see Misery Signals and the Ghost Inside.

Internal Chaos
11-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Misery Signals and The Ghost Inside? I saw them this year, they're kinda the same as all other metalcore, but there's something different about them and I can't pick it.

Love Misery Signals, best current metalcore band (Shai Hulud is oldschool for me, so they're not in my current section :p: )

I have a dilemma going to shows though. Anyone in NSW, Australia going to either the Wyong show or the Sydney show in February next year? Hit me up if you are.

XCount Me InX
11-25-2008, 04:06 PM
i LOVE misery business!

Best song evar!!!!!

=D

???

whats the new album like?
I mean i know its old now, but I was considering buying it, but I wondered what other people thought of it

adtthosa
11-25-2008, 05:13 PM
It's really good. It's kind of different from their other albums in a way that's hard to explain. You should definitely pick it up if you liked their other stuff. I've played it way too many times though so I've made myself sick of it.

Bletic
11-25-2008, 06:27 PM
i LOVE misery business!

Best song evar!!!!!

=D

this.

made me lul

kaosfire
11-25-2008, 06:28 PM
this.

made me lul
honestly i was expecting alot of flaming lol

Bletic
11-25-2008, 06:37 PM
honestly i was expecting alot of flaming lol

well if u really want me to..

OMG u F@GG0T G0 k1ll Ye|2s3lfzz

kaktusnpoop
11-25-2008, 08:06 PM
i LOVE misery business!

Best song evar!!!!!

=D

hahaha
mind as well and hijack the thread and make it about paramour

as for misery signals, band is backed, new album is pretty solid

bakshandloomis
11-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Misery Signals is awesome. I listen to them daily. My favorite songs are "Sword of Eyes", "The Failsafe", and "Five Years".

atomic_llama
11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
???

whats the new album like?
I mean i know its old now, but I was considering buying it, but I wondered what other people thought of it

The new album is really really good :)
check out their myspace they should have some songs from it up!

RawrSlinky
11-25-2008, 11:15 PM
This band is nothing short of amazing. I've seen them twice in the past year. The first time I saw them was like my second hardcore show, so I wasn't really into them. But this year at Dirtfest was great. They're the reason I'm going to the BMTH show in Detroit. I could care less about BMTH; I just wanna see Misery Signals and the Ghost Inside.

Exacly what I'm doing, really hope they play some Of Malice and the Magnum Heart stuff though when I see them on the 8th, I'd be pretty dissapointed if I didn't hear atleast a couple tracks off of it.

kaktusnpoop
11-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Exacly what I'm doing, really hope they play some Of Malice and the Magnum Heart stuff though when I see them on the 8th, I'd be pretty dissapointed if I didn't hear atleast a couple tracks off of it.

ive seen em at least 4 or 5 times, and i saw em a few weeks ago, they played maybe 2 songs off of Malice and Magnum

adtthosa
11-26-2008, 01:45 AM
When I saw them they played In Summary of What I Am, A Victim A Target and Five Years. They always play Five Years so you'll at least hear that.

FuzzyBear
11-26-2008, 06:56 AM
these guys remind me alot of shai hulud in a good way

ralph wiggum
11-26-2008, 08:35 AM
seeing them next year :)

RawrSlinky
11-26-2008, 01:06 PM
When I saw them they played In Summary of What I Am, A Victim A Target and Five Years. They always play Five Years so you'll at least hear that.

:cheers: I'd love to hear The Stinging Rain live though.

Haymaker17
11-26-2008, 02:48 PM
these guys remind me alot of shai hulud in a good way

agreed. this band is solid. of malice is my favorite cd though.

anyone heard the ep that came out right before it? i like that version of "the year the summer ended in june" alot better.

XCount Me InX
11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
It's really good. It's kind of different from their other albums in a way that's hard to explain. You should definitely pick it up if you liked their other stuff. I've played it way too many times though so I've made myself sick of it.
sounds like im adding that to my ever growing cd list

RawrSlinky
11-27-2008, 10:49 PM
sounds like im adding that to my ever growing cd list

You definitely should, it's amazing.

.....Seeing them in 9 days, can't wait :D

Exxer
11-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this band is boring? And I usually don't mind listening to metalcore.

Internal Chaos
11-28-2008, 11:23 PM
^ Probably :p:

They're way different to other metalcore. Riffs are way different are so are the vocals.

RawrSlinky
11-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this band is boring? And I usually don't mind listening to metalcore.

Their definitely not your typical metalcore band. Not really sure how you find them boring though, would you mind elaborating?

saxaxe
12-01-2008, 03:50 PM
I've got Controller and I find it rather boring. I haven't heard their older stuff though. I'll be seeing them with BMTH in a couple weeks. What songs do the usually play live, new and old? And which album should I check out?

adtthosa
12-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Check out their first album, Of Malice and the Magnum Heart. It's DEFINITELY the best of the three they've released, although I love all of them. Their old EP is awesome too but they don't play any of that stuff anymore.

When I saw them recently their set was:
Set In Motion
In Summary of What I Am
Nothing
Anchor
A Certain Death
The Failsafe
A Victim A Target
Five Years

RawrSlinky
12-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Check out their first album, Of Malice and the Magnum Heart. It's DEFINITELY the best of the three they've released, although I love all of them. Their old EP is awesome too but they don't play any of that stuff anymore.

When I saw them recently their set was:
Set In Motion
In Summary of What I Am
Nothing
Anchor
A Certain Death
The Failsafe
A Victim A Target
Five Years

+1 Of Malice and the Magnum Heart is one of my fav albums of all time, one of the few metalcore albums I have where I enjoy every track.

RPExecutor
12-01-2008, 10:56 PM
ugh...

is there something wrong with me for suggesting that not only did Mirrors top all their other ones but all other ones released that year by any band, ever?

that CD was beast. The Failsafe... Anchor... Post Collapse... Sword Of Eyes... the title track... Butcher... they are on endless repeat as far as my music library is concerned.

i mean, hell, MatMH was awesome too, but Mirrors topped them all as far as i'm concerned.

anyway, this band is pretty much what i wish for in a metalcore band that i listen to every day. they're progressive, but not to the point where you have to listen to them every 30 minutes or your mind blows, they're heavy, but not to the point where your anus is blown out your ears, and above all, they're incredibly melodic and manage to produce that sound without sacrificing any chugging riffs, ridiculous breakdowns, or anything else that makes them so very cool like that.

RawrSlinky
12-01-2008, 11:02 PM
ugh...

is there something wrong with me for suggesting that not only did Mirrors top all their other ones but all other ones released that year by any band, ever?

that CD was beast. The Failsafe... Anchor... Post Collapse... Sword Of Eyes... the title track... Butcher... they are on endless repeat as far as my music library is concerned.

i mean, hell, MatMH was awesome too, but Mirrors topped them all as far as i'm concerned.

anyway, this band is pretty much what i wish for in a metalcore band that i listen to every day. they're progressive, but not to the point where you have to listen to them every 30 minutes or your mind blows, they're heavy, but not to the point where your anus is blown out your ears, and above all, they're incredibly melodic and manage to produce that sound without sacrificing any chugging riffs, ridiculous breakdowns, or anything else that makes them so very cool like that.

While I love Mirrors, Of Malice and the Magnum Heart's vox were better imo. The lyrics on that album, the overall feel is absolutely amazing. Everytime I listen to that album its like I feel this kind of release, I can't even describe it.

RPExecutor
12-01-2008, 11:04 PM
man, i must be pretty backwards... o_O seems like Schubach has taken that band all the way to the top... he does have a lot more vocal strength than Zaraska.

the lyrics are awesome, however. it does have a nice math-y sound which i appreciate as well.

synestershadows
01-10-2009, 03:36 AM
mis sigs is my favorite band right now. im doing a report on them in my music class soon. since most ppl in my class listen to rap, they wont appreciate it. rap has killed music!

Internal Chaos
01-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Rap has been around for a lot longer than metalcore, so deal with it.

RPExecutor
01-10-2009, 03:31 PM
mis sigs is my favorite band right now. im doing a report on them in my music class soon. since most ppl in my class listen to rap, they wont appreciate it. rap has killed music!

... thus the bullshit statistical stuff in your sig.

make sure to say something about Five Years being 5:55 in length, starting in 5/4 and having 5 different time signatures in it (5/4, 9/8, 4/4, 6/4, 3/4, although that might be coincidence).

saxaxe
01-10-2009, 06:13 PM
So I've gotten into this band a good bit. They canceled the BMTH show though. So I didn't go. I was excited to see them. goddam.

synestershadows
01-10-2009, 07:20 PM
... thus the bullshit statistical stuff in your sig.

make sure to say something about Five Years being 5:55 in length, starting in 5/4 and having 5 different time signatures in it (5/4, 9/8, 4/4, 6/4, 3/4, although that might be coincidence).

our teacher said we could use 4 different musical examples so im thinking five years, the year summer ended in june, a certain death, the failsafe, and coma. i wanna show how diverse they are and how much their music changes in each song.

o and i just saw this statistic on someone elses sig and decided to put it into my sig. ur sig is pretty funny too. probably the only smart thing that reckless nick has ever said.

ralph wiggum
01-10-2009, 09:11 PM
im seeing them in February

RPExecutor
01-11-2009, 03:00 AM
our teacher said we could use 4 different musical examples so im thinking five years, the year summer ended in june, a certain death, the failsafe, and coma. i wanna show how diverse they are and how much their music changes in each song.

failsafe is good, the transitions between melody and bass breakdowns are absolutely excellent. i'd nix Summer however as it's one of the more standard ones on oMatMH. try In Response To Stars maybe, that's pretty tricky and has rather strange riffs and such.

adtthosa
01-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Noooo, don't nix Summer. Use the demo version though.

Internal Chaos
01-11-2009, 07:46 AM

o and i just saw this statistic on someone elses sig and decided to put it into my sig. ur sig is pretty funny too. probably the only smart thing that reckless nick has ever said.
Ah, relaying false statistics. You're a goodman.

Definitely use coma. Show the transition between the heaps melo intro to the first breakdown. Not only will their necks snap from brutality, but you'll get better marks.

Also seeing them in Feb, Ralph.

synestershadows
01-11-2009, 09:17 PM
thanks for the help guys.

Musical Meds
01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
They probably have the most unique guitar parts in heavy music. Its not like other metalcore like august burns red and as i lay dying where every riff uses the same notes and everything has a powerchord or chug in it.

Theyre a pretty big inspiration to me guitar-wise, not like I can play what they play, but they inspire me to do my best to make unique riffs.

I love how they can be melodic and heavy at the same time, its sweet. Although I've never heard all of their first two albums, theyre probably my favourite band.

willyman101
01-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Someone give me some bands like Mis Sigs
Absolutely love them, but I'm trying to write stuff on guitar like them and they're tooo good for me to come anywhere close with riffs. Not inc. Shai Hulud tho. Anyone?

You should all check out The Eyes of a Traitor by the way. www.myspace.com/theeyesofatraitor

Haymaker17
01-15-2009, 03:05 PM
7 angels 7 plagues had guys from misery signals before they started the band. also, you might like the carrier. they're more of a hardcore band, but you might enjoy them.

adtthosa
01-15-2009, 03:22 PM
If you guys haven't heard, they put up an acoustic version of Ebb ad Flow on myspace.

Bands similar to Misery Signals: For The Fallen Dreams, It Prevails, 7a7p, Every Bridge Burned

EDIT: I'm trying to tab out Ebb and Flow but I need help for one thing, what the hell is Branden doing at 40 seconds?

willyman101
01-15-2009, 04:54 PM
If you guys haven't heard, they put up an acoustic version of Ebb ad Flow on myspace.

Bands similar to Misery Signals: For The Fallen Dreams, It Prevails, 7a7p, Every Bridge Burned

EDIT: I'm trying to tab out Ebb and Flow but I need help for one thing, what the hell is Branden doing at 40 seconds?

try and do that tab I am SO desperate for it
it's the same thing he does earlier in the song?

adtthosa
01-15-2009, 06:01 PM
No man, the drummer, he's doing some crazy **** and I can't differentiate the toms from the kicks.

RawrSlinky
01-15-2009, 06:03 PM
No man, the drummer, he's doing some crazy **** and I can't differentiate the toms from the kicks.

Heh, I thought this thread had died. Anyways if your tabbing some Misery Signals someone should try Coma, would love to figure out how that one's played.

adtthosa
01-15-2009, 06:15 PM
I started tabbing out Set In Motion like a month ago, I'm about 75% done including drums. Just a matter of taking the time to finish it. I also have Labyrinthian figured out on guitar but I'm not really in any rush to tab it out. It's pretty easy.

This is all on TabIt by the way, that's the only program I'll ever use to tab a song again. Way easier than Guitar Pro or Powertab and just as good. But yeah, if anyone can tell me what's going on with drums 40 seconds into Ebb and Flow, I'd appreciate it.

willyman101
01-15-2009, 06:16 PM

oh whoops thought you meant ryan!
apologies

synestershadows
01-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Someone give me some bands like Mis Sigs
Absolutely love them, but I'm trying to write stuff on guitar like them and they're tooo good for me to come anywhere close with riffs. Not inc. Shai Hulud tho. Anyone?

You should all check out The Eyes of a Traitor by the way. www.myspace.com/theeyesofatraitor
oceana, lower definition, older between the buried and me, and for the fallen dreams

TeenBite
01-16-2009, 02:41 PM
I started tabbing out Set In Motion like a month ago, I'm about 75% done including drums. Just a matter of taking the time to finish it. I also have Labyrinthian figured out on guitar but I'm not really in any rush to tab it out. It's pretty easy.

This is all on TabIt by the way, that's the only program I'll ever use to tab a song again. Way easier than Guitar Pro or Powertab and just as good. But yeah, if anyone can tell me what's going on with drums 40 seconds into Ebb and Flow, I'd appreciate it.
I love Set In Motion. The "let's make history" section is brilliant: a perfect example of the band's brutality and melody (in a similar vein to the chorus of The Failsafe).

RPExecutor
01-16-2009, 07:39 PM
^ agreed

and while we're requesting songs to be tabbed, In Response To Stars would be a good one. it sounds pretty tricky though so i'm not holding my breath for quickies.

and is it blasphemy that i don't like Summer? i know it's one of their most popular songs, but i compare it to Five Years (the first Mis Sigs song i ever heard) and Mirrors (the epic 7-minute album closer that is) and can't help thinking that it just doesn't shine.

synestershadows
01-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I love Set In Motion. The "let's make history" section is brilliant: a perfect example of the band's brutality and melody (in a similar vein to the chorus of The Failsafe).
definitely agree. and the "BURN IT DOWN" part too.

synestershadows
01-18-2009, 01:40 PM
and is it blasphemy that i don't like Summer? i know it's one of their most popular songs, but i compare it to Five Years (the first Mis Sigs song i ever heard) and Mirrors (the epic 7-minute album closer that is) and can't help thinking that it just doesn't shine.
its not blashpemy. ur entitled to ur opinion. i personally think that summer is a great example of jesse's amazing writing skills.

gigi666
01-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Someone should tab out 'Coma'. So good.

synestershadows
01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
yeah i was just thinking that.

sherimonica
01-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Mirrors is by far their best album. Not really a fan of Jesse on the first album. Karl is definitely better IMO. So much meaning and so much show-the-world-who-the-****-you-areness.

zezimathehero
01-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Not really a fan of Jesse on the first album. Karl is definitely better IMO. So much meaning and so much show-the-world-who-the-****-you-areness.
Yeah, plus Karl sounds way more pissed off and angry at everything. I think his style suits their music so much better.

Magero
01-26-2009, 01:35 AM
I'm tossing up whether or not to go see MS in a week or two. I'm not a HUGE fan and I probably shouldn't spend the money, but I have a feeling it would be a really good gig.

ralph wiggum
01-26-2009, 02:44 AM
^ same actually

the supports are "eh"
confession are ok
amity are pretty average

its hard to get to and i have no money

edit- dude its at the red room
more reason not to go

Magero
01-26-2009, 03:57 AM
I don't mind the Red Room, but I hate trying to get to it. I'm used to being able to public transport it everywhere (The Arena, The Riverstage, Club 299, etc)... The Red Room is just fucking hassle. But I kinda wanna go just for the hell of it aye...
Amity still bore me though :haha I've got a few... uh... scene kiddie friends really, and they all love Amity and get really annoyed with me when I say "They're ok I guess" :p:

ralph wiggum
01-26-2009, 04:29 AM
yeah i know what you mean

the "hardcore" crew at school in the year below me are all going to see amity, it will probably be one of the only shows they go to all year

last time i went to red room there was no bus to the train station, so we walked around for about an hour looking for another bus stop then we just got a taxi

Magero
01-26-2009, 06:09 AM
What show was that?
Last time I went, it was for Amity + House Vs. Hurricane + A Secret Death + Rex Banner. I got off at the station, wandered for like, 15 minutes, couldn't find the bus that my mate had said went straight to the Uni and then called my mate, turned out he couldn't find it either and he was getting a lift from his sister, so they picked me up.

ralph wiggum
01-26-2009, 06:16 AM
boys of summer tour

i dont like the huge pole in the middle of the place either

Magero
01-26-2009, 06:21 AM
:haha
The little bar got so crowed at HVH, seriously. Almost spilled like, 9 Red Bulls trying to get down those steps with 50 billion people around.

Internal Chaos
01-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Did someone say Confession?

HUUURUUURRRREEAAAAARRRGGGGHHHhh!

Magero
01-26-2009, 08:13 AM
:haha
Don't worry man, they'll probably go touring Europe for a while soon. Europe or the US. Then we can enjoy our hardcore tours Crafter free :p:

ralph wiggum
01-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Did someone say Confession?

HUUURUUURRRREEAAAAARRRGGGGHHHhh!

i recall you saying

"cant live cant breathe is pretty amazing, crafter is just a douchebag"

something along those lines anyway

Internal Chaos
01-26-2009, 08:28 AM
That is true.

Confession are good, but not live. Crafter said "jumpdafuckup". That deserves a gutter stomp.

ralph wiggum
01-26-2009, 08:30 AM
mmm true

back on topic
misery signals r kewl

Revenger#11
01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
I enjoy Misery Signals:) I am thinking about seeing them live( with Amity and Confession) but the Red Shore tour is coming as well. Or i could go to both?:)

RawrSlinky
01-28-2009, 09:46 PM
I enjoy Misery Signals:) I am thinking about seeing them live( with Amity and Confession) but the Red Shore tour is coming as well. Or i could go to both?:)

Definitely see Misery Signals as I doubt they'd be back down under anytime soon.....
See both for sure if you can though :)

RPExecutor
01-28-2009, 10:46 PM
ok, bringing in the votes for favorite track off OMatMH that's not Summer.

Five Years or In Response To Stars for me, although The Stinging Rain is pretty good.

RawrSlinky
01-28-2009, 10:50 PM
ok, bringing in the votes for favorite track off OMatMH that's not Summer.

Five Years or In Response To Stars for me, although The Stinging Rain is pretty good.

Umm Summer? oh wait.....okay then I'd say Five Years, The Stinging Rain in a close second.

PhobiXa
01-29-2009, 03:06 AM
MURDER!

Also yeah I'm seeing them at the manning bar in a few days, should be good.

Internal Chaos
01-29-2009, 04:59 AM
Seeing them on Monday, should be awesome.

To the guy who wanted to see The Red Shore. They're coming back in March and then I think they're taking a break after another tour to write some more stuff apparently. When they come back in March they're on a death metal festival, not sure if that's your thing though. Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, Aborted, The Faceless and The Red Shore.

adtthosa
01-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Hard to pick a favourite off Malice.

Top three:
1. Five Years
2. The Stinging Rain
3. In Summary of What I Am

Revenger#11
01-29-2009, 10:38 PM
I like Worlds And Dreams a lot. Does that count ? That is one epic instrumental.

Revenger#11
01-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Seeing them on Monday, should be awesome.

To the guy who wanted to see The Red Shore. They're coming back in March and then I think they're taking a break after another tour to write some more stuff apparently. When they come back in March they're on a death metal festival, not sure if that's your thing though. Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, Aborted, The Faceless and The Red Shore.

Thanks IC :)

I will think about it. Hmm... The Faceless and Necrophagist :rolleyes: Sounds Promising if it is Under 18. Hope they play stuff off Mirrors

Magero
01-30-2009, 12:15 AM
The Red Shore tour is $13....
COME ON!

Frenzied
01-30-2009, 12:52 AM
I still like this band. Screw the haters. Controller was good.

Internal Chaos
01-30-2009, 02:17 AM
Controller is their best. By far. IMO.

PhobiXa
01-30-2009, 03:56 AM
For me it's Malice then Controller then Mirrors.

I'm hoping on Tuesday they play a good mix of all albums.

RawrSlinky
01-30-2009, 11:49 AM
For me it's Malice then Controller then Mirrors.

I'm hoping on Tuesday they play a good mix of all albums.

All three are great. My only gripe with Controller is that its mixed too quietly. I guess it does make for an interesting sound though.

synestershadows
02-09-2009, 03:55 AM
Hard to pick a favourite off Malice.

Top three:
1. Five Years
2. The Stinging Rain
3. In Summary of What I Am

what about Difference Of Vengeance And Wrongs!? thats one of my fav songs.

Oh, and the vocals are definitely the best on Controller. The guitars are best on mirrors and controller. and Of Malice is just plain awesome. I think Karl just brought something great to this band. but i did like the vocals in Of Malice, how they were always stereo, almost never mono. idk thats my opinion.

Internal Chaos
02-09-2009, 07:16 AM
They killed last night.

RPExecutor
02-09-2009, 07:18 PM
^ who?

karl's vocals are pretty tough to reach. anyone know if he uses false cords or what?

aggiefan33
02-09-2009, 08:11 PM
^ who?

karl's vocals are pretty tough to reach. anyone know if he uses false cords or what?
misery signals...? unless you mean "whom" :p:

DewdPerson
02-09-2009, 08:53 PM
My favorite album order is
1. Mirrors
2. Controller
3. Malice
But they are all amazing anyway. :)

RPExecutor
02-09-2009, 09:20 PM
misery signals...? unless you mean "whom" :p:

i meant "who did they kill", although i heard the slight whooshing noise as it went over everyone's head

i'm amazed that someone out-nazi'd my grammar, though.

aggiefan33
02-09-2009, 09:24 PM
i meant "who did they kill", although i heard the slight whooshing noise as it went over everyone's head

i'm amazed that someone out-nazi'd my grammar, though.
nothing gets by me!

PhobiXa
02-11-2009, 09:01 AM
just got back from the manning bar show, they played the year summer ended in june, was amazing.

synestershadows
02-14-2009, 01:03 AM
why does everyone flip out when karl sings the year summer ended in june? i know its about jesse's friends who died but seriously, its mis sigs song, not jesse's.

the_legend
02-14-2009, 03:33 PM
I absolutely love this band.

Anyone noticed how much of Jesse is actually on Mirrors? I never realised until Controller came out and I heard Karl properly.

Seen them about 3 times now, and you wouldn't believe how chuffed I was that they played The Year Summer Ended in June the last time I saw them.

It's a shame though, because here in the UK they don't especially go down too well on headlining shows. At least in Newport. Saw them recently with Architects, and was really chuffed to see the place tear up for them.

JxD
02-14-2009, 07:31 PM
why does everyone flip out when karl sings the year summer ended in june? i know its about jesse's friends who died but seriously, its mis sigs song, not jesse's.

Jesse wrote the song. Not to mention, it's not really the same for a guy to be singing about two deceased people he's never met in such an intimate way. If you're interested, here's the band that Jesse was in with those two guys that died, they're more or less proto-Misery Signals:

www.myspace.com/123compromise

Rory's_strat
02-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Saw them with Architects a few weeks back, awesome presense, pretty flawless.
Picked up a copy of their 'Mirrors' album about a week ago and i have to say i havn't stopped listening to it, The Failsafe is an amazing song! Am I going to like all their other albums too?

Internal Chaos
02-15-2009, 11:43 PM
You'll love Controller, amazing album.

mozza1321
02-16-2009, 07:05 AM
I also saw them with architects, they were amazing.

RawrSlinky
02-16-2009, 04:24 PM
So I just started tabbing out Coma on GP a couple days ago since a few people (besides myself) seemed interested in a tab. I'm only through the intro now with every instrument but hopefully I can finish it in the next week or so. The main problem I'm running into is actually the drums so if anyone wanted to help with that it'd be nice :)
I'll do a text version too if enough people want one.

leothefro
02-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Saw them with architects last month.
Didnt really know them at the time but i'm getting into them now.
A Textbook Tragedy were supporting aswell, pretty strong set from them too.

Internal Chaos
02-17-2009, 12:16 AM
So I just started tabbing out Coma on GP a couple days ago since a few people (besides myself) seemed interested in a tab. I'm only through the intro now with every instrument but hopefully I can finish it in the next week or so. The main problem I'm running into is actually the drums so if anyone wanted to help with that it'd be nice :)
I'll help with drums.

RawrSlinky
02-17-2009, 08:06 PM
I'll help with drums.

pm me, i'll send you what I have if you want, or you could just start from scratch, either way thanks alot.

synestershadows
02-18-2009, 01:15 AM
Jesse wrote the song. Not to mention, it's not really the same for a guy to be singing about two deceased people he's never met in such an intimate way. If you're interested, here's the band that Jesse was in with those two guys that died, they're more or less proto-Misery Signals:

i know about compromise. but everyone in the band except karl knew daniel and jordan so i dont know why its such a big deal, even when its one of their more popular songs.

thanks ive been wanting a tab for this song!

synestershadows
02-24-2009, 01:43 AM
i just came across a video on youtube of one day ill stay home and most of the people on there are just fall out boy fans. i know patrick stump sang the chorus for it but c'mon. theyre talking crap about mis sigs and theyre all talking about how cute patrick stump is. i could give a rats ass about fob. mis sigs kicks the crap out of them. it was a bad idea to have that guy do the chorus for the song. karl definitely has the voice to sing that. he shouldve done it.

Beanerofshred
02-24-2009, 03:18 PM

the year summer ended in june was the first EVER hardcore song to make a tear fall down the side of my face lmao

that song is deep

i dont necesarrily think it is bad that the new guy sings it
but if it were me it would be really awkward

Selkies921
02-24-2009, 07:45 PM
The only thing I don't is the guy on Of Malice sounds really stupid when he just "talks" like on The Year Summer Ended in June, those parts are full of cheese even if the lyrics are quite sincere and touching.

RawrSlinky
02-24-2009, 08:25 PM
The only thing I don't is the guy on Of Malice sounds really stupid when he just "talks" like on The Year Summer Ended in June, those parts are full of cheese even if the lyrics are quite sincere and touching.

As much as I don't find those parts cheesy at all i'm pretty sure it would sound way more stupid if he screamed those parts. It wouldn't fit the song.

synestershadows
02-24-2009, 10:36 PM
As much as I don't find those parts cheesy at all i'm pretty sure it would sound way more stupid if he screamed those parts. It wouldn't fit the song.
yeah i liked the talking. they added some variety and even more emotion.

Beanerofshred
02-25-2009, 02:38 PM

FAIL

RawrSlinky
02-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Apparently the guys are starting a tour w/ Protest the Hero and the Number 12 Looks Like You.......won't be coming to Canada though :(

aggiefan33
02-25-2009, 06:33 PM
FAIL
no... he's pretty accurate.

GodofCheesecake
02-25-2009, 07:25 PM
I checked them out a while ago, before Controller came out, and I liked The Failsafe but couldn't really get into much of anything else. Saw them at the Thrash and Burn tour and couldn't really get into them. But I heard they were doing the tour with PTH so I'm listening to them on myspace now and they're not bad at all.

Selkies921
02-25-2009, 07:56 PM
FAIL

That saying about breakdowns in your sig sounds like something a 15 year old br00tal ear gauged scene kid would say....so you fail

Internal Chaos
02-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Shut up and take the personal insults to MSN.

Beanerofshred
02-26-2009, 02:52 PM
That saying about breakdowns in your sig sounds like something a 15 year old br00tal ear gauged scene kid would say....so you fail

lawl its an inside joke with a friend

what else u got

but i hate guages and im honestly not very scene :P

but im not gonna say anything else because i dont start pointless arguments over a message board like a 15 year old br00t4l ear guaged scene kid

synestershadows
03-01-2009, 03:15 AM
Apparently the guys are starting a tour w/ Protest the Hero and the Number 12 Looks Like You.......won't be coming to Canada though :(
im going to that on april 25th. i didnt know #12 was playing. thats gonna be fun.

that explains the acacia strain avatar. lol.

ps: im desperately trying to create/find a tone for amplitube 2 that sounds like mirrors. could you guys help me out? idk what it is about that tone, i guess i just like the rawness of it and how its a clean kinda distortion (oxymoron?).

Beanerofshred
03-03-2009, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=synestershadows]im going to that on april 25th. i didnt know #12 was playing. thats gonna be fun.

that explains the acacia strain avatar. lol.QUOTE]

lol meeehhh the acacia strain is alright i listen to some of their songs

i just thought the cover art for continents was reall freekin kewl :P

synestershadows
03-03-2009, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=synestershadows]im going to that on april 25th. i didnt know #12 was playing. thats gonna be fun.

that explains the acacia strain avatar. lol.QUOTE]

lol meeehhh the acacia strain is alright i listen to some of their songs

i just thought the cover art for continents was reall freekin kewl :P
it is pretty cool. but they're just another breakdown after breakdown band. followed by a couple 2-steps.

Beanerofshred
03-05-2009, 02:39 PM
pretty much

woah! shut it down is my favorite song

the rest is just kinda bland to me

zezimathehero
03-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Misery Signals, Architects, and Dead and Divine are coming to Calgary in June. I think I had a small stroke I was so excited when I found out.

RawrSlinky
03-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Misery Signals, Architects, and Dead and Divine are coming to Calgary in June. I think I had a small stroke I was so excited when I found out.

Yeah I'm gonna see them in Toronto in May. Nice to have Architects on the tour to although Dead and Divine were pretty weak last time I saw them.

zezimathehero
03-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Yeah I'm gonna see them in Toronto in May. Nice to have Architects on the tour to although Dead and Divine were pretty weak last time I saw them.
I have yet to see any of those bands, but I'm really looking forward to Architects and Misery Signals, they're two of my favorites. I hope Dead and Divine is good, because they are a good time.

Frosted Flakes
03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
This band has to be one of the best modern metalcore bands around. I'd love to see them with PTH and #12. Amazing lineup.. Same with Architects and Dead and Divine.

adtthosa
03-24-2009, 01:24 AM
This tour with Architects is going to be sick, I'll be at probably 2 or 3 of the shows. Can't wait.

Faux~Affliction
03-24-2009, 03:42 AM
AMAZING BAND!
They've got some of the best hard-hitting tone I've ever heard from a recorded band in Controller, and with that some of the most intense riffs, lines, and DRUMMING I've ever heard. The drumming is honestly almost what just makes this album perfect.

Mirrors so far hasn't been an album thats done too much for me so far, The Failsafe is an amazing song though.

Now Malice is just deep.
There's so many layers to it, and so many sounds in it as well.
Definitely the most powerful album of theirs.

I've got pretty much all their songs, and I'm going to see them for a second time this June in Calgary, meet you there zezima?
They are definitely one of my top favorite bands.

Magero
03-24-2009, 04:39 AM
Gonna have to pick up a Set In Motion shirt soon.

synestershadows
03-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Now Malice is just deep.
There's so many layers to it, and so many sounds in it as well.
Definitely the most powerful album of theirs.

i really cant see how anyone can rank these albums. they all have something thats more powerful than the other ones.

Gonna have to pick up a Set In Motion shirt soon.
i would get one of those shirts but i dont think people will take kindly to the "BURN IT TO THE ****ING GROUND!" line

Vandals572
04-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Something was always missing, but it was never you is an awesome song. Mirrors is definitely my favorite album by mis sigs. Might be seeing them in new york city soon.

And adtthosa, I'm waiting for that Ebb and Flow tab :D

ClosedOffCircle
04-23-2009, 08:23 PM
I absolutly love Mirrors...especially Post Collapse and The Failsafe.
Controller is right up there with it as well.
Misery Signals is beast.

RPExecutor
04-24-2009, 12:52 AM
i would get one of those shirts but i dont think people will take kindly to the "BURN IT TO THE ****ING GROUND!" line

magero fails to give a shit. it's something he seems to have cultivated over the years.

adtthosa
04-24-2009, 03:01 AM
And adtthosa, I'm waiting for that Ebb and Flow tab :D

I would love to tab it out...I just have no time right now, and can't for the life of me figure out the drums at the one part. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, haha. Maybe I'll do a powertab of it or something when I get a chance, we'll see. No promises though.

Vandals572
04-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Aight cool. Yeah that drum part is confusing as hell I can't for the life of me figure out what hes doing. Maybe ill ask my drummer to see if he knows.

synestershadows
04-24-2009, 10:05 PM
still waiting for the guy to finish the coma tab. seeing them tomorrow for the 2nd time! cant wait!!!!!

synestershadows
04-24-2009, 10:07 PM
magero fails to give a shit. it's something he seems to have cultivated over the years.
yeah, i saw a guy at the movies that had all mis sigs clothings. he had a sweatshirt, sweatpants and shirt that were all set in motion. i was like, doesnt that guy feel a little awkward?

synestershadows
04-26-2009, 02:14 AM
sorry for the triple post but i just came back from the show tonight and it was awesome. i met karl and kyle. and i also met rody from protest the hero. i got the "its not going to stop" sticker signed by karl. and i got another misery signals shirt. best show of my life. o and the first band playing was scale the summit. they were like btbam without vocals.

vMinipope610v
04-26-2009, 02:33 AM
Scale The Summit is pretty boring imo.

MS is so freaking immense live.

huevos
05-01-2009, 05:20 AM
sorry for the triple post but i just came back from the show tonight and it was awesome. i met karl and kyle. and i also met rody from protest the hero. i got the "its not going to stop" sticker signed by karl. and i got another misery signals shirt. best show of my life. o and the first band playing was scale the summit. they were like btbam without vocals.

This, many times over.
PTH rocked the house, but MS are ****ing great as well.

RawrSlinky
05-02-2009, 11:35 AM
This, many times over.
PTH rocked the house, but MS are ****ing great as well.

Goddamn I'm upset this show didn't come to Canada :mad:

Hcmanu
05-02-2009, 12:24 PM
setlist plz ?

synestershadows
05-05-2009, 06:50 PM
setlist plz ?
i cant remember exactly but it was something like:
(not in order)
1. Set In Motion
2. Parallels
3. Nothing
4. Weight Of The World
5. A Certain Death
6. The Failsafe
7. Reset (Amazing Live)
8. A Victim, A Target
9. The Year Summer Ended In June

They didn't play enough Mirrors but I got the mic passed to me like 10 times so it's all good.

PS: to the guy who thought Scale The Summit was boring, I'm gonna have to disagree. I thought they were awesome. Their guitars are really cool too. They have 7 and 8 strings and they're both like 25" scales.

RawrSlinky
05-05-2009, 09:51 PM
(not in order)
1. Set In Motion
2. Parallels
3. Nothing
4. Weight Of The World
5. A Certain Death
6. The Failsafe
7. Reset (Amazing Live)
8. A Victim, A Target

They didn't play enough Mirrors but I got the mic passed to me like 10 times so it's all good.

PS: to the guy who thought Scale The Summit was boring, I'm gonna have to disagree. I thought they were awesome. Their guitars are really cool too. They have 7 and 8 strings and they're both like 25" scales.

Pretty good setlist although i think they could play a bit less off of controller.

saxaxe
05-05-2009, 09:56 PM
(not in order)
1. Set In Motion
2. Parallels
3. Nothing
4. Weight Of The World
5. A Certain Death
6. The Failsafe
7. Reset (Amazing Live)
8. A Victim, A Target

Pretty good setlist, but I'd like to hear a lot more from mirrors :sad:
I'll be seein them Friday. Pretty excited.

Internal Chaos
05-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Well considering Controller is their latest album and somewhat different to their older two, I think it's fair. They played Set in Motion and A Certain Death back to back here as openers, so good. I wish they played Face Yourself though.

synestershadows
05-06-2009, 03:18 PM
yeah i love face yourself. i shouldve said something to karl about that after the show. the outro of reset is soooooooooooo good. when they played it live it sounded even better.

Vandals572
05-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I can't find tickets to their show this saturday anywhere :cry:

edit: **** YEAH I JUST FOUND THEM!
this is gonna rule.

saxaxe
05-06-2009, 10:08 PM
woo for being on Misery Signal's guest list.

pat F.O.P.
05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
i love every one of their albums except controller, it feels like they just cranked out an album as opposed to truly writing one

saxaxe
05-06-2009, 11:40 PM
i love every one of their albums except controller, it feels like they just cranked out an album as opposed to truly writing one
It's not my favorite, but I think it has some really great songs. Set in Motion and Nothing are two of my favorite Misery Signals songs.

aggiefan33
05-07-2009, 07:10 PM
It's not my favorite, but I think it has some really great songs. Set in Motion and Nothing are two of my favorite Misery Signals songs.
agreed there. the general opinion i've seen is that everyone hates the first half of the album, but I do think Nothing is really good. The last few definitely rule though.

adtthosa
05-07-2009, 07:44 PM
I think the first half is better, to be honest. It's all great though, the only song I don't dig so much is Homecoming. It's just kind of boring.

RPExecutor
05-07-2009, 08:31 PM
I think the first half is better, to be honest. It's all great though, the only song I don't dig so much is Homecoming. It's just kind of boring.

shame. i think it's fantastic. the solo is excellent and Karl's voice is dead on.

Vandals572
05-07-2009, 09:04 PM
^Agreed. I love listening to Ebb and Flow, Reset and Homecoming in a row.

RawrSlinky
05-07-2009, 11:31 PM

Yeah I like the first half better to. Controller is good but I just listened to it way too much the couple months it was out and I never really started listening to it as much as the others again.

Internal Chaos
05-08-2009, 03:35 AM
I think Controller is by far their best, but I got that one when it came out and it was my first Misery Signals album for me.

IcePh0enix
05-09-2009, 10:04 AM
They were pretty intense last night, I plan on really getting into them now.

saxaxe
05-09-2009, 11:47 AM
They were pretty intense last night, I plan on really getting into them now.
They were SO good.

Vandals572
05-09-2009, 12:07 PM
only 4 hours till i leave for their show!

You guys are making me excited :p: (not that I'm not already)

RawrSlinky
05-10-2009, 08:51 PM
only 4 hours till i leave for their show!

You guys are making me excited :p: (not that I'm not already)

Tell us how it is after please :D

synestershadows
05-10-2009, 10:07 PM
^Agreed. I love listening to Ebb and Flow, Reset and Homecoming in a row.
exactly, dude. i think those songs could be put together to make a 15 minute song. they just fit together so perfectly. especially reset and homecoming. they end and begin with the same riff.

synestershadows
05-12-2009, 06:59 PM
do u guys have tabs or can u guys make tabs for reverance lost? thats one of my favs off of mirrors.

RawrSlinky
05-18-2009, 02:25 PM
do u guys have tabs or can u guys make tabs for reverance lost? thats one of my favs off of mirrors.

You should probably just try that one yourself first, there's already way too many Misery Sigs songs that haven't been tabbed.

KennghisTron
05-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Of Malice And The Magnum Heart is THE BEST ALBUM EVER MADE

Once Jesse left the band went severely downhill, both musically and obviously vocally.

As aforementioned, if you like MS (when they were good), look up 7 Angels 7 Plagues, and you should also look up Compromise

If you really want to dig deep you can always look at Jesse's current project: Sleeping Girl

synestershadows
05-23-2009, 03:01 PM

Once Jesse left the band went severely downhill, both musically and obviously vocally.

As aforementioned, if you like MS (when they were good), look up 7 Angels 7 Plagues, and you should also look up Compromise

If you really want to dig deep you can always look at Jesse's current project: Sleeping Girl
nobody cares.

You should probably just try that one yourself first, there's already way too many Misery Sigs songs that haven't been tabbed.
im horrible at learning by ear. especially with mis sigs.

adtthosa
05-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Seeing them tomorrow, stoked. The venue holds less than 250 people, so it's gonna be a great show.

EDIT:

The show was awesome. Their set was:

A Certain Death
Set In Motion
Weight of the World
Five Years
The Failsafe
Nothing
Something Was Always Missing But It Was Never You
Parallels
Reset
The Year Summer Ended In June
(encore)
A Victim A Target
Anchor

Really great set. Architects kicked ass too.

GodofCheesecake
05-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Definitely getting more into this band. Of course I'd heard The Failsafe before, but i got the rest of Mirrors and I'm liking Face Yourself, One Day I'll Stay Home, Something Was Missing But It Was Never You, and Anchors right now.

synestershadows
05-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Seeing them tomorrow, stoked. The venue holds less than 250 people, so it's gonna be a great show.

EDIT:

A Certain Death
Set In Motion
Weight of the World
Five Years
The Failsafe
Nothing
Parallels
Reset
(encore)
A Victim A Target
Anchor

they didnt play nearly that much when i saw them. they pretty much playedthat whole thing without anchor, something was always missing and five years.

HelpTravesty
05-31-2009, 06:41 PM
I saw them a month ago, they were utterly awesome.

Vandals572
06-03-2009, 06:44 AM

EDIT:

A Certain Death
Set In Motion
Weight of the World
Five Years
The Failsafe
Nothing
Parallels
Reset
(encore)
A Victim A Target
Anchor

damn that set rules. when i saw them it was the same as synystershadows said. oh and the number twelve looks like you is one of the funniest bands ever :haha:

saxaxe
06-03-2009, 11:14 AM
damn that set rules. when i saw them it was the same as synystershadows said. oh and the number twelve looks like you is one of the funniest bands ever :haha:
They're really good live. So underrated on this board. They're really talented and everyone writes them off as some crappy scene band. Seeing them with Dillinger next week. Stoked.

But yea, I need to see Misery Signals again soon. They're intense live.

likeomgtehtuck!
06-03-2009, 12:01 PM
band is backed hard

synestershadows
06-03-2009, 03:10 PM
totally agree. the vocalist talked about how he needed to take a **** after eating chipotle and then he went into the crowd and started a circle pit. i saw a vid on youtube of him getting two chicks to kiss this one guy for the first time. and he did. it'd be interesting to see what happened after that. haha.

Vandals572
06-03-2009, 03:17 PM
^If that was the new york city show he just jumped off the stage and the girls were like wTF?!

They're really good live. So underrated on this board. They're really talented and everyone writes them off as some crappy scene band. Seeing them with Dillinger next week. Stoked.

But yea, I need to see Misery Signals again soon. They're intense live.
I'm not saying they're bad, they just really aren't my thing. but they had to funniest stage presence ever and the frontman said the funniest **** in between songs lol

zezimathehero
06-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Seeing them next week with Architects and Dead And Divine.
****in stoked.

RPExecutor
06-04-2009, 08:16 PM

Once Jesse left the band went severely downhill, both musically and obviously vocally

fukkin' A, i hate reading stuff like this. why is it that i perceive Jesse's vocals as weak, uninspiring and bland compared to Karl's?

try covering Five Years and then try covering Mirrors and you may grasp the scope of the difficulty and power of Karl's vocals.

RawrSlinky
06-04-2009, 10:37 PM
fukkin' A, i hate reading stuff like this why is it that i perceive Jesse's vocals as weak, uninspiring and bland compared to Karl's?

try covering Five Years and then try covering Mirrors and you may grasp the scope of the difficulty and power of Karl's vocals.

I think Jesse had a very distinct sounding scream but that Karl's is more technically sound. Personally Of Malice and the Magnum Heart is my favorite Misery Signals album too.

Vandals572
06-06-2009, 01:27 PM
I think they are too different too choose who is more skilled, but I prefer Karl in Mirrors. Controller sounds like theres 40000000 vocal tracks all the time.

RawrSlinky
06-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I think they are too different too choose who is more skilled, but I prefer Karl in Mirrors. Controller sounds like theres 40000000 vocal tracks all the time.

Agreed I like how Karl sounds better on Mirrors.

synestershadows
06-08-2009, 06:49 PM
they do that mostly for atmospheric purposes. and it sounds ****in sick! remember they did the same thing with jesse. and it made the vocals sound a lot better. i still think that karl is way better. it's way harder to scream like karl than it is to scream like jesse.

TylerHerod
06-10-2009, 09:04 PM

EDIT:

A Certain Death
Set In Motion
Weight of the World
Five Years
The Failsafe
Nothing
Parallels
Reset
(encore)
A Victim A Target
Anchor

pretty much same set when i saw them. it was..

A Certain Death
Set In Motion
Weight of the World
Labryinthian
The Failsafe
Nothing
Parallels
Reset
(encore)
A Victim A Target

Or something close like that.
i lost my voice a few times from screaming so much lol.
and the outro to reset sounds sooo good live

zezimathehero
06-10-2009, 09:13 PM
^

You forgot to mention that they brought Jesse up to play The Year Summer Ended In June, and it was pretty much the greatest thing ever.

synestershadows
06-12-2009, 12:11 AM
^

You forgot to mention that they brought Jesse up to play The Year Summer Ended In June, and it was pretty much the greatest thing ever.
Are you ****in kidding? Holy **** that's awesome.

RawrSlinky
06-12-2009, 12:01 PM
^

:eek: That sounds so epic.

TylerHerod
06-12-2009, 02:36 PM
wow how could i forget that :| yeah that was ****ing crazy

synestershadows
06-12-2009, 07:45 PM
i wonder how Sleeping Girl is doing. doesnt seem like Jesse's gettin anywhere with that.

zezimathehero
06-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Are you ****in kidding? Holy **** that's awesome.
I think I splooged a little. I got to sing with him and Karl in a span of 30 seconds.

synestershadows
06-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I think I splooged a little. I got to sing with him and Karl in a span of 30 seconds.
wow nice. i got the mic handed to me pretty much all the time when i saw mis sigs last and then after i met karl. it was pretty sweet.

Musicjunkie44
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
^ Nice future guitar choice! and yes Misery Signals owns

synestershadows
06-15-2009, 08:34 PM
^ Nice future guitar choice! and yes Misery Signals owns
thanks im just pissed cuz they keep changing the availability date on it on every website. right now they say its coming in on July 17th but i doubt that's true. i really can't wait to get it.

flyingjew34
06-15-2009, 09:33 PM
wow nice. i got the mic handed to me pretty much all the time when i saw mis sigs last and then after i met karl. it was pretty sweet.
Yea, my boy got to scream into the mic last time I saw them. Karl was grabbing onto the rafters at the venue and screaming at everyone.

Then, when Norma Jean was playing later that night, Karl dove into the crowd. He's a fairly large person too...

Awesome show.

synestershadows
06-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Yea, my boy got to scream into the mic last time I saw them. Karl was grabbing onto the rafters at the venue and screaming at everyone.

Then, when Norma Jean was playing later that night, Karl dove into the crowd. He's a fairly large person too...

Awesome show.
yeah i talked to karl after the show and he pretty much had to lean on the merch counter to be eye and eye with me. he's really entertaining to talk to. my friend was waiting for a shirt forever so we just chilled with him for a while. after that karl told us that it was sold out so he just got the jersey instead. we were the last people out of the place. it was awesome.

Marskell
06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Burn it to the fucking ground

synestershadows
06-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Burn it to the fucking ground
its not going to stop

Internal Chaos
06-15-2009, 11:21 PM
DUN DUN
DUN DUN DUN DUN
DUN DUN
DUN DUN DUN DUN

When we saw them, he just sat on the stage and talked to everyone. So good.

synestershadows
06-15-2009, 11:38 PM
next time i wanna meet the whole band.

to anyone who saw them with scale the summit:

didn't their guitars seem like they were really small scale? i asked one guy after their set and he plays a 7 string 25" scale. the other guy uses an 8 string and it seemed even shorter.

SeveredSurvival
06-23-2009, 06:58 AM
I missed them on Friday, probably the biggest mistake in my Muiscal life. I heard their even better live than on Cd's and they are one of the best bands around today. Anyways, Controller is such an epic album.

Hcmanu
06-23-2009, 12:19 PM
saw them 4 days ago with dead and divine.

Was one of the best show of my life.

GnikNus
06-23-2009, 12:24 PM
next time i wanna meet the whole band.

to anyone who saw them with scale the summit:

didn't their guitars seem like they were really small scale? i asked one guy after their set and he plays a 7 string 25" scale. the other guy uses an 8 string and it seemed even shorter.
Yeah, i saw the last show with StS and they did seem a little odd sizewise. I'm glad I got to se them, never heard of them but they were great.

Anyways, misery signals, the summer that ended in june may be the greatest song ever.

synestershadows
06-23-2009, 04:20 PM
did anybody else notice that the failsafe is a lot better production-wise than the other songs on Mirrors?

cjp11
06-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Would you recommend these guys for a huge Protest the Hero fan? I love Protest the death and im trying to find more bands thay are as diverse and insane as PTH.

flyingjew34
06-23-2009, 09:17 PM
did anybody else notice that the failsafe is a lot better production-wise than the other songs on Mirrors?
Yea, and I think that's why I'm not a huge fan of that album. I like a few songs on it (Failsafe, Something Was Always Missing..., Mirrors) but overall I like Of Malice.... and Controller better.

(I'm lazy; forgive my abbreviations >.>)

Would you recommend these guys for a huge Protest the Hero fan? I love Protest the death and im trying to find more bands thay are as diverse and insane as PTH.
I haven't listened to much PtH, but from my knowledge I'd say you may like them.

Misery Signals is almost in their own genre imo. Haven't heard of lot of music that's similar to theirs (Hopefully this doesn't show ignorance and I am correct... :haha: )

Misery Signals is technical more in the structure of their songs. Don't expect a lot of mind blowing guitar work, as they focus a lot on melodies and creating songs that are just awesome to listen to. The time signatures and structures of their songs do get a little interesting sometimes though; they're not just another mediocre band (imo).

synestershadows
06-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Yea, and I think that's why I'm not a huge fan of that album. I like a few songs on it (Failsafe, Something Was Always Missing..., Mirrors) but overall I like Of Malice.... and Controller better.

i loved mirrors despite it's poor production quality. i still say that the tone sounds pretty cool though. i really can't pick a favorite album. they all have something that i love about them.

misery signals should be listened to all, no matter what style of music you like. and protest the hero is somewhat in the same genre. just dont expect a ton of solos, tapping, sweeping and all that stuff and be prepared for waaaaaaaaay more aggressive vocals. PtH sings about 80% of the time while Mis Sigs screams about 95% of the time.

...wow only a lousy 11 pages on this topic of epicness.

Vandals572
06-24-2009, 09:54 AM
You mean 6?

40ppp ftw

but anyway I personally hate PTH. I find their vocals incredibly annoying and I'm not really a fan of super technical and fast guitar work.

synestershadows
06-25-2009, 02:17 AM
You mean 6?

i guess i have a different amount of posts per page than you

Magero
06-25-2009, 05:29 AM
Nahrly.
:p:

Just ordered the Controller/Mirrors Double LP set.

Magero
06-30-2009, 08:48 PM
I DID IT
Just ordered my "IT'S NOT GOING TO STOP" shirt :D
edit: For those who might not know it.
Front:
http://new.merchnow.com/images/8985/470x470.jpeg
Back;
http://new.merchnow.com/images/8986/470x470.jpeg

anacrucix
07-01-2009, 02:52 AM
not a big fan of swearing on tshirts

Veil Of Osiris
07-01-2009, 02:59 AM

If you listen to PtH for their musicianship than you will appreciate Misery Signals. MS isn't nearly as "show-offy" as Protest though.

Magero
07-01-2009, 05:35 AM
not a big fan of swearing on tshirts
Neither am I normally.
But it's my fav song and I wanted those lines on a shirt even before I knew the shirt existed.

anacrucix
07-01-2009, 05:43 AM
i think labyrinthian is probably my favourite, but the whole album is incredible so my favourite changes a lot depending on my mood haha

Magero
07-01-2009, 05:46 AM
user_ Internal Chaos and I have impromptu MS jams on msn. We normally do the riffs leading up to breakdowns and I do the lyrics while he does the breakdowns.
Results in lulz and amazing xHIGH FIVESx

Marskell
07-01-2009, 05:50 AM
swearing on shirts is amazing

anacrucix
07-01-2009, 06:02 AM
I just think when people wear tshirts with swearing on it's completely disrespectful to the fact that some people want to bring their kids up without swearing being a large part of their vocabulary- I think people should be able to go about their daily lives without having to encounter swearing if they don't want to.

Magero
07-01-2009, 06:37 AM
They're just words...
Freedom of speech for the win.
I just think swearing on shirts looks stupid most of the time. Really try-hard.
See: Trivium.

SeveredSurvival
07-01-2009, 08:57 AM
I DID IT
Front:
Back;

Thats a beautiful shirt. :eek:

synestershadows
07-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I DID IT
Front:
Back;
who hasn't seen that shirt? it's ****in awesome! i would get it but i would never be able to wear it cuz of school and parents and ****. besides, i already have 2 mis sigs shirts.

anacrucix
07-01-2009, 05:53 PM
i really struggle to come to terms with just how amazing these guys are, they have a real sort of trademark style, and yet none of their songs sound the same.

Magero
07-01-2009, 11:38 PM
If my shirt arrives before next Friday, I'm totally wearing it on stage.
I will look out of place as fuck (symphonic melodeath in a tr00 metal club :haha), but I don't care.
I love MS so much.

Veil Of Osiris
07-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Has anyone else noticed how fun the intro of Ebb And Flow is to play on guitar?

5/8 FTW.

intentionsthere
07-02-2009, 09:01 PM
This band is incredible, they manage to use a lot of odd time signatures and not sound wanky whatsoever. All incredible musicians, plus they wrote one of my favorite quotes ever 'We're just rehearsing who we think we are'. Saw them live recently, such a tight band.

SeveredSurvival
07-02-2009, 09:05 PM
If my shirt arrives before next Friday, I'm totally wearing it on stage.
I will look out of place as fuck (symphonic melodeath in a tr00 metal club :haha), but I don't care.
I love MS so much.

Do iT! For Misery Signals! And to be cool.... :p:

Magero
07-02-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm serious man. I will. I don't care what anyone else says, Misery Signals have been a huge influence on me and I'll rep them anywhere.

intentionsthere
07-02-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm serious man. I will. I don't care what anyone else says, Misery Signals have been a huge influence on me and I'll rep them anywhere.

Do it up! I'm sure a few close minded metal heads will think your wearing an emo band shirt (omg look at the dude with a band shirt that says misery, lawl), but maybe you'll get a few of them to actually check them out and figure out they're great.

Btw sick signature

SeveredSurvival
07-02-2009, 11:52 PM

Man they have honestly some of the best lyrics! EVER!

EDIT: I am stilling kicking myself that I missed them two weeks ago! Nothing was sold out, I just stood home being retarded.

Vandals572
07-03-2009, 12:25 AM
^Big mistake :p:

likeomgtehtuck!
07-03-2009, 01:29 AM
i just redownloaded their discography. i love it

Magero
07-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Man they have honestly some of the best lyrics! EVER!

EDIT: I am stilling kicking myself that I missed them two weeks ago! Nothing was sold out, I just stood home being retarded.
It's ok.
I did the same.
*sigh*

brad5992
07-03-2009, 04:04 AM
Same. Missed them on their tour earlier in the year with Amity and Confession. I blame my friends.

anacrucix
07-03-2009, 04:15 AM
probably worth mentioning Aconite Thrill in here, UK band along similar lines but with clean vocals, split up a couple of years back :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX9pDr2dpJA&feature=related

probably also worth noting the drummer in this band used to be the drummer in sikth before dan

SeveredSurvival
07-03-2009, 08:45 AM
It's ok.
I did the same.
*sigh*

:sad: :sad: :sad:

IlikeTheSKA
07-03-2009, 02:57 PM
As much as I like this band, I still would not wear that shirt.

synestershadows
07-04-2009, 12:45 AM
i have been to every show since i saw them at the thrash and burn tour. and i will continue to see then every time theyre in town. incredibly nice dudes too. anybody listen to stu's prank phone call to the weight of the world contest winner? its hilarious.

who else thinks that worlds and dreams is the best instrumental song ever?

Veil Of Osiris
07-04-2009, 03:09 AM
who else thinks that worlds and dreams is the best instrumental song ever?

*Raises hand*

Pouring Reign by As Blood Runs Black is also really good. Although I don't really like ABRB that much.

ColdDarkHeart
07-04-2009, 04:50 AM
probably worth mentioning Aconite Thrill in here, UK band along similar lines but with clean vocals, split up a couple of years back :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX9pDr2dpJA&feature=related

probably also worth noting the drummer in this band used to be the drummer in sikth before dan

I've not thought about Aconite Thrill in years!

They were really good.

Magero
07-04-2009, 10:42 AM
As much as I like this band, I still would not wear that shirt.
That's 'cause you're a faggot :p:
I kid.
S'all good. I'm not a fan of swearing on shirts, but I just love that shirt/song/band so much.

anacrucix
07-04-2009, 10:46 AM
I've not thought about Aconite Thrill in years!

They were really good.

when i went to see Sikth's last show Will from aconite was there and he was like "yeah we're getting back together!!!" and it never happened :'( i still listen to them pretty regular though, the first band i heard where the drummer used the drums to play something that followed the band instead of just a 4/4 beat in the background

jonnowev
07-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Listening to Controllers again... just... oh my god. So much emotion and power, gets me every time.

synestershadows
07-10-2009, 04:09 AM
people dont give karl enough credit. his lyrics are amazing. i think they might actually surpass jesse's work.

Veil Of Osiris
07-10-2009, 04:46 AM
Yeah, I really like Karl's lyrics. In my opinion Jesee's were too blunt.

Magero
07-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Winrar lyrics.
Just got my vinyls for Controller and Mirrors.
Awww yeahhhh

RawrSlinky
07-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah Karl's lyrics are pretty ballin. It definitely helps that you can tell what he's saying most of the time though, he has way better enunciation than a lot of other Metalcore vocalists.

Stitches.
07-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Touring with Your Demise in the UK this september,Should be going. More for YD but i'm getting into MS and they're seriously good.

Vandals572
07-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Damnit I wanna see mis sigs again :sad:

synestershadows
07-17-2009, 02:58 PM
i talked to karl a while back and he said he'd be coming to my area again around october. cant wait!

Veil Of Osiris
07-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Have you guys heard Karl's side project, Solace? I think he only has a 3 song demo out right now, but the songs are pretty sweet. He does everything by himself, except the drums which are programmed.