Official SLASH Thread

PDA

View Full Version : Official SLASH Thread

Vauxite
11-27-2008, 05:17 PM
SLASH

http://www.wilsdomain.com/wp-content/images/Slash-Saul-Hudson.jpg

One of the most loved, and most inspiring rock sensations in the past 20 years, Slash (Saul Hudson), previously lead guitarist for world-famed Hard Rock group, Guns N' Roses, and currently lead player for singer-less rock group entitled 'Velvet Revolver'

--------------------------------

First Topic of Discussion...

Slash & Friends

Current confirmed vocals (as of 27/11/08):

Ozzy Osbourne
'Fergie'

So who do YOU think will be on the album?

Steven Tyler?
Michael Jackson?

Discuss.

TheKermal
11-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Woa!? Can't believe this thread aint bigger!

Slash is my ****ing hero! Can't wait for the solo album!

He's the essence of rock.n.ROLL!!

man i'd like to meet him!

I'm having alot of problems picturing Slash with Fergie... but i really, really hope Steven Tyler's gonna play a part! Love both his and Slash's appearance in the 'Tears in heaven'-support-the-family-who-lost-everything-because-of-the-tsunami-video!
That's the best version of Tears n' heaven i've seen or heard... sorry Eric!

ConeShred
11-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Overrated guitarist, IMO.

TheKermal
11-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Overrated guitarist, IMO.
It aint all about the playing man! It's the attitude! And he's got it!

And how can the guitarist who created the riff of Sweet Child 'o mine be overrated?

Vauxite
11-27-2008, 05:38 PM

And how can the guitarist who created the riff of Sweet Child 'o mine be overrated?

Guitar Hero.

dylanfg
11-27-2008, 05:38 PM
i reckon lenny kravits also well done on makin this thread

Vauxite
11-27-2008, 05:41 PM
i reckon lenny kravits also well done on makin this thread

Haha ta, I couldn't believe no-one else had.

Lenny will def. be on it, he's an awesome singer, I loved always on the run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J67L0fsHvFg

EEE_ELLL_OHH
11-27-2008, 05:55 PM
So you're saying it's all about the attitude :rolleyes: I say it's a mixture of many things them 2 being 2 small parts of what make a great player. And between the playing and the attitude i reckon the playing is a lot more important.

Vauxite
11-27-2008, 05:56 PM
So you're saying it's all about the attitude :rolleyes: I say it's a mixture of many things them 2 being 2 small parts of what make a great player. And between the playing and the attitude i reckon the playing is a lot more important.

Yeah let's not argue about overrated and underrated and attitude or playing or whatever.
The thread is for people who enjoy his work and would like to duiscuss it, not debate it.

EEE_ELLL_OHH
11-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah let's not argue about overrated and underrated and attitude or playing or whatever.
The thread is for people who enjoy his work and would like to duiscuss it, not debate it.
This is true....As much as i'm not into him much anymore, i do hugely appreciate the fact that he pretty much taught me to play guitar through the records he played on! His book was pretty good too!

slash-120
11-27-2008, 06:07 PM
About time this thread was made!.
First page:)

seekmetal
11-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Ozzy is a great choice Fergie sucks but fair enough every album has to have one song that isn't perfect. I hope he gets people like Steven Tyler and Chris Cornell that would be awesome!

slash-120
11-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Ozzy should be brilliant.
Hoping for steven tyler,
Hoping for Lenny Kravitz,
Robert plant would be cool.

Maybe somehow Slash could record a song then send it to Axl who can record vocals.
..... Wishful thinking :p:

Jayok
11-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm thinking Alice Cooper is pretty much a given

bassmanjoe08
11-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Aye, Alice cooper and Lenny Kravitz definately...
Also, Id like to see him do something with Joe Satriani. They worked together on Alice Cooper's Hey Stoopid album, and in Camp Freddy, so its a possibility.

psychokiller99
11-27-2008, 10:55 PM
wouldn't it be sweet if brian may contributed something to the record? i know they've been guests at each others concerts before.

iggy pop? elan? if you haven't heard the song she did with slash go listen now. it's called Street Child. U can find it easily on youtube. Amazing song!!!

Lenny Kravitz would be cool, slash's work on fields of joy is AMAZING!!

and good move on the thread, the GN'R pretty much turned into a(n) axl/chinese democracy thread. No place for slash or old Guns n' roses fans there it seems.

TheKermal
11-28-2008, 10:47 AM
no no no no, that's not what i'm saying! :eek:
I'm saying that rock'n'roll is also about attitude! But just as much as it's about kickass riffs! Now in many cases, the two things strengthen each other! :D

But yeah, let's not discuss that. This page shouldn't be about that :)
Just wanted to clear up my point

eliterun
11-28-2008, 10:59 AM
I <3 Slash

ps, if feel isn't very important, then we wouldn't respect any blues players...it's all about how it sounds, not how much technical crap you can throw in

TheKermal
11-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I <3 Slash

ps, if feel isn't very important, then we wouldn't respect any blues players...it's all about how it sounds, not how much technical crap you can throw in
I agree. But then again, the riff's Slash has made wouldn't be quite the same without some diss :rolleyes:

The Contagen
11-28-2008, 01:39 PM
So you're saying it's all about the attitude :rolleyes: I say it's a mixture of many things them 2 being 2 small parts of what make a great player. And between the playing and the attitude i reckon the playing is a lot more important.Yes, playing and doing the robot and throwing out free toys, a la Buckethead.

Slash is great, too bad he made Velvet Revolver, I've always thought they were holding him back. I think the solo album will be excellent, judging by the solo he made for Guitar Hero 3.

Vauxite
11-28-2008, 02:19 PM
judging by the solo he made for Guitar Hero 3.

Yeah, that was awesome.

seekmetal
11-28-2008, 02:31 PM
How awesome (albeit unlikely) would it be if Axl did some vocals. I think he should get:Axl, Chris Cornell,Plant,Tyler,Kravitz and Paul Rodgers to sing on it. Oh and both the guys from Snakepit. Anyways cant wait for the album should be epic.

Nacho Cheese!
11-28-2008, 02:33 PM
"ps, if feel isn't very important, then we wouldn't respect any blues players...it's all about how it sounds, not how much technical crap you can throw in"

You may think of it as just technical crap...but to some of us it isn't just technical crap. It may sound like just pointless speed but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have feel/emotion in it. It also doesn't mean it has less emotion then other music either.

"Yes, playing and doing the robot and throwing out free toys, a la Buckethead."

That has nothing to do with the music...and isn't that what it's all about any ways? Not their attitude, not what they do on stage, but the music they create. At least that is what it is all about to me.

I'm personally not a Slash fan and don't understand the hype he gets. BUT, if Brain May contributes some I will definitely give it all a listen. I'm a sucker for May's playing.

MoleMania
11-28-2008, 03:16 PM
"ps, if feel isn't very important, then we wouldn't respect any blues players...it's all about how it sounds, not how much technical crap you can throw in"

You may think of it as just technical crap...but to some of us it isn't just technical crap. It may sound like just pointless speed but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have feel/emotion in it. It also doesn't mean it has less emotion then other music either.

That has nothing to do with the music...and isn't that what it's all about any ways? Not their attitude, not what they do on stage, but the music they create. At least that is what it is all about to me.

I'm personally not a Slash fan and don't understand the hype he gets. BUT, if Brain May contributes some I will definitely give it all a listen. I'm a sucker for May's playing.
lol.

LP51122
11-28-2008, 03:27 PM
I like a lot of Slash's stuff. He's a good player, but overrated IMO.

LP51122
11-28-2008, 03:28 PM

I'm with you on that, Brian May's tone and playing always make me cream.

Nacho Cheese!
11-28-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm with you on that, Brian May's tone and playing always make me cream.

His tone is really the reason I love his playing...the rest is nice but the tone kinda stands out. Anyhow...maybe we should stop before this becomes a thread on May. :p:

Jayok
11-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Yes, playing and doing the robot and throwing out free toys, a la Buckethead.

Slash is great, too bad he made Velvet Revolver, I've always thought they were holding him back. I think the solo album will be excellent, judging by the solo he made for Guitar Hero 3.

Really? I thought the first album minus a few songs was really good. Second not so much but that's more cus Scott did a lot.. Third album should be good though they have everything written and apparently its pretty heavy

TheKermal
11-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I like a lot of Slash's stuff. He's a good player, but overrated IMO.
Stop saying overrated! He's not overrated! He's guitar God! Now you might say that he aint that good and all that kind of stuff, but if you can create riffs and epic songs like Sweet Child of mine, knocking on heavens door, and encourage millions of youngers to play guitar, and spread the word, sounds and feeling of rock n' flippin' roll... then you're not overrated!... Then you're not just a guitar god... Then you're Slash!

EEE_ELLL_OHH
11-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Stop saying overrated! He's not overrated! He's guitar God! Now you might say that he aint that good and all that kind of stuff, but if you can create riffs and epic songs like Sweet Child of mine, knocking on heavens door, and encourage millions of youngers to play guitar, and spread the word, sounds and feeling of rock n' flippin' roll... then you're not overrated!... Then you're not just a guitar god... Then you're Slash!
O RLY?

I agree with LP51122

TheKermal
11-28-2008, 06:58 PM
O RLY?

I agree with LP51122
Why have you marked Knocking on heavens door?
You don't agree it's epic or what?

bassmanjoe08
11-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Why are people debating a musicians skill in their own discussion thread? Unless Im mistaken, the thread title is not, "Who likes Slash?!". Posting that hes overrated does not contribute to the thread, does not meet the point of the thread, and makes you look like a jackass.
Maturity, people, get some.

EDIT: TheKermal: Slash didnt write that riff, its a Bob Dylan song.

Vauxite
11-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Guys..

"SlasH iz overRAted lululululu"

"he suckz0rz.. lol"

"Brian May"

No.
The thread is for appreciating him, not ripping him like noobs, arguing, or discussing Brian May.
I will vaporise this thread if it carries on, mature already.

TheKermal
11-28-2008, 07:20 PM
EDIT: TheKermal: Slash didnt write that riff, its a Bob Dylan song.
yeah but still main! He kinda made it his own if you ask me... you know... add'ed his style to the riff! :D but okay, maybe not the best excample!

eliterun
11-29-2008, 10:31 AM

the point is to make it sound good. if speed adds to the quality of the solo, then it works. but if it's just speed for the sake of speed, technical ability for the sake of technical ability, then it's pointless. there are some technical players who make some beautiful, emotive sounds when they play. but again, it's all about how it adds to the music instead of having this weird sounding crap just to show off.

Disciple666
11-29-2008, 06:05 PM
slash is a ******

Vauxite
11-29-2008, 06:10 PM
slash is a ******

:rolleyes: Get out kiddo.