New Guy saying hello.

PDA

View Full Version : New Guy saying hello.

guidotoons
11-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Howdy.

I'm new here and just thought I'd say "Hey"!

So, Hey!

I'm a 53 year old professional musician in Nashville who owns and loves vintage guitars (and a plethora of other stuff...) and have been lurking here for awhile. I write, produce, arrange, record and get the pleasure of hiring and working with many awesome guitar players here at my recording studio.

Richard Bennett (Mr. Taste and tone) , Kenny Vaughan (Mr. Vibe and chops), Tom Bukovac (Mr. Moneyparts!), Audley Freed (Mr. Arse Kickin' Solos) Mike Noble (the best acoustic player I've ever heard in my life) and many other players of every kind of instrument. What an honor! It takes my breath away some days...

I see you all list yer gear here, so here .... ya know what? Never mind.

Suffice it to say I have a bunch of guitars and such.

For more info that you'll EVER need about yers truly and the rest of my gear:

wwwDOTguidotoonsDOTcom

or

wwwDOTtheloniousmoogDOTcom

So.... Hey, everybody!

Guido

train wreck
11-29-2008, 11:40 AM
welcome, but, is one allowed to promote websites here?

i'm not so sure..

aaciseric
11-29-2008, 11:42 AM
There's already an introduction thread in this forum, go there.

hendrix_128
11-29-2008, 11:47 AM
There's already an introduction thread in this forum, go there.

dude, chill. hes brand new and he prolly doesnt know how to work the site just yet.

craig-sansum
11-29-2008, 11:48 AM
hi =D

2mins2midnite
11-29-2008, 11:49 AM
lol people are harsh to new comers on here

shame on you all

aaciseric
11-29-2008, 11:49 AM
dude, chill. hes brand new and he prolly doesnt know how to work the site just yet.

Hence me telling him how to do so.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794605 - there's a link for you.

guidotoons
11-29-2008, 02:07 PM
On second thought.... never mind.

I already belong to several other groups like this. What was I thinking?

I thought by posting a link to my sites that would suffice to introduce myself.

I am neither promoting or selling anything.

I just didn't feel like the obligatory masturbatory gear listing.

My bad.

And, since the topic said "New Members Q &A", I thought this WAS where I introduced myself. Also my bad.

So... would the moderator or hall monitor or whomever does such things would kindly cancel my one hour old membership request, I'll mosey on back into lurk mode somewhere else.

Ta!
Guido

SomeoneYouKnew
11-29-2008, 04:02 PM
On second thought.... never mind.

I already belong to several other groups like this. What was I thinking?

I thought by posting a link to my sites that would suffice to introduce myself.

I am neither promoting or selling anything.

I just didn't feel like the obligatory masturbatory gear listing.

My bad. it's not obligatory. i've never done that on the forum. completely optional.

And, since the topic said "New Members Q &A", I thought this WAS where I introduced myself. Also my bad.well you were close. the introduction thread is there for a reason. have you seen the membership numbers on this forum? if every member made their own thread, we'd have a chaotic mess of threads.

So... would the moderator or hall monitor or whomever does such things would kindly cancel my one hour old membership request, I'll mosey on back into lurk mode somewhere else.

Ta!
GuidoNo, UG does not delete user accounts. If you choose to leave, just abandon your account. If you ever choose return, be sure to use this same account. Making a second account will cause the new account to be permanently banned and the original account will be banned for one cycle. (30days for the first ban, longer each time it is banned.)

Whether you choose to hang out with us on UG or go elsewhere, i'm sure you'll find plenty to do on the net. it's a big, lovely place. good luck either way. :)

:cheers:

lugchris
11-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Howdy.

I'm new here and just thought I'd say "Hey"!

So, Hey!

I'm a 53 year old professional musician in Nashville who owns and loves vintage guitars (and a plethora of other stuff...) and have been lurking here for awhile. I write, produce, arrange, record and get the pleasure of hiring and working with many awesome guitar players here at my recording studio.

Richard Bennett (Mr. Taste and tone) , Kenny Vaughan (Mr. Vibe and chops), Tom Bukovac (Mr. Moneyparts!), Audley Freed (Mr. Arse Kickin' Solos) Mike Noble (the best acoustic player I've ever heard in my life) and many other players of every kind of instrument. What an honor! It takes my breath away some days...

I see you all list yer gear here, so here .... ya know what? Never mind.

Suffice it to say I have a bunch of guitars and such.

For more info that you'll EVER need about yers truly and the rest of my gear:

wwwDOTguidotoonsDOTcom

or

wwwDOTtheloniousmoogDOTcom

So.... Hey, everybody!

Guido

dont take it to heart and welcome from a fellow newbie

i love playing and watching guitars beeing played but i think some people get confused about the whole feeling .
childhood testorone prob makes them tetchy
the'll get older one day and smell the coffee.
good luck and ignore the crap
p.s i got a westone rainbow 1 made the first month of production and the peeps on the westone sight want it .
so dont tell them where i live lol
good luck
chris(swales)