beginner question

PDA

View Full Version : beginner question

Mikenasty
11-30-2008, 12:00 PM
I've been playing a little guitar on and off for a few years and i want to learn to play songs from bands like Emarosa, Attack Attack, (screamo). Does anyone have any tips they can give me to start out, exercises, good songs to start off learning. Im having trouble strumming for some reason as well :\ but any help would be very welcome, thanks!

pielover375
11-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Practice

JWD32792
11-30-2008, 12:24 PM
The first hardcore song that i learned was Utah by Emarosa. Its pretty easy assuming you have some basic knowledge of the fretboard, heres the tab I made for it.

Theres a couple places where the strumming could be one or multiple, i usually did multiple but yeah.

After that try I Am Waves I'm working on it now. As far as what to learn, work on going between playing and hitting those chords like

E|--------|
B|----4--|
G|----7--|
D|--------|
A|--------|
D|--------|

They show up a lot and can be tricky at first

waldorphPRS41
11-30-2008, 03:51 PM
You don't listen to screamo.

Anyway practice is really the only real answer to your question.

Mikenasty
11-30-2008, 08:20 PM
yeah, im getting committed and putting myself on a practice schedule....

... and i just realized i put this thread on the completely wrong part of the forum.

my bad

pmeg568c
11-30-2008, 08:40 PM
i hate you, please don't call attack attack screamo. i swear they are the worst thing to happen to music all year.

edit: anyone looking for a good laugh, check out that tab too. hahahah

RawrSlinky
11-30-2008, 09:12 PM
i hate you, please don't call attack attack screamo. i swear they are the worst thing to happen to music all year.

edit: anyone looking for a good laugh, check out that tab too. hahahah

:confused: I don't see what's so funny about that tab. Seriously though, don't call crappy TDWP ripoffs screamo.

waldorphPRS41
11-30-2008, 09:13 PM
:confused: I don't see what's so funny about that tab. Seriously though, don't call crappy TDWP ripoffs screamo.
Did you read it? It's just open drop strumming and dissonance.

RawrSlinky
11-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Did you read it? It's just open drop strumming and dissonance.

No there's a part w/ tapping :no:

....lol kidding but you don't have to make fun of his tab just because the song sucks. I was expecting the tab to just make absolutely no sense or something.

JWD32792
12-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah I mean you may not like the song but its accurate nonetheless. And no, its not the best hardcore song out there but it was easy enough for me to learn when i was like 4 months in.