Hunting For New Melodic Death Metal Bands

PDA

View Full Version : Hunting For New Melodic Death Metal Bands

dudewithapen
12-01-2008, 01:19 PM
So I'm crazy into melodic death metal. Bands like In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium, Arch Enemy, Scar Symmetry, etc. I just recently stumbled across Imperanon, Mors Principium Est, Before the Dawn, Rapture, and Eternal Tears of Sorrow and I LOVE THEM. I've got 7,000 songs on my iPOD and I consider myself moderately aware of alot of the death metal/metalcore bands, but I want more. :D

I'm not a fan of real progressive stuff; I freakin' love Dream Theater but can't stand the stop/go stuff that Between the Buried and Me and Dillinger Escape Plan do, no offense. :no: Also not a big fan of bands like Job For a Cowboy and Suicide Silence that are brutal, but don't really have any melody to take the songs anywhere.

I think right now, and for awhile, War of Ages and Parkway Drive are my favorite bands, and I'm just looking for recommendations for some melodic and brutal stuff. And brutality isn't totally necessary; bands like Noumena, Kamelot, and anyone Gus G. played with is great stuff, but I'm not really into the epic/power metal thing either.

So if anyone has any suggestions, I didn't name about 80% of the other bands I'm into, and I'm sure I'll get some suggestions for stuff I already have, but I'd appreciate any suggestions. Specific albums, or just bands in general would be most helpful, since I can just jump onto isohunt and grab anything that sounds interesting. Thanks in advance. \m/

saxaxe
12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
First off, if you're looking for bands, go to the recommendation thread. Second, if you're looking for melodic death metal, why the hell are you in the hardcore forum?

PixieDust13
12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
well it seems your looking for melodic death? So go to the metal forum for that?

STABxYOU
12-01-2008, 01:22 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=36

Metal forum, naooo.

henkka_potku
12-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Disarmonia Mundi - MindTricks
Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama
Cynic - Traced In Air (Really, really good prog)
Into Eternity - The Scattering of Ashes
Diablo - Eternium
Enthrope - Free music on Last.fm

And last, Kamelot is the best band on this universe.

Chapz
12-01-2008, 01:34 PM
At The Gates
The Duskfall
Northland
Edge Of Sanity
Wintersun
Norther
Omnium Gatherum

I<3Hobos
12-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Diablo - Eternium

Beat me to it!

GodofCheesecake
12-01-2008, 09:58 PM
If you don't like BTBAM's album Colors, you're not a fan of melodic anything.

But check out Darkest Hour's Deliver Us and their ex-guitarist's project, the Kris Norris Projekt.

Garden_Of_Light
12-01-2008, 10:05 PM
pandora.com

Omg A Triangle
12-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Children of Bodom's early stuff. Something Wild - Follow the Reaper. The rest isn't really Melodic Death Metal but still pretty good.

Okeefe Is Legit
12-02-2008, 01:36 AM

But check out Darkest Hour's Deliver Us and their ex-guitarist's project, the Kris Norris Projekt.

lol @ lame attempt to flame a band.

TS: I hear the metal forum is calling your name :)

xstaypurex
12-02-2008, 11:27 AM
this is the hardcore forum you idiot.

recklessnick
12-02-2008, 12:27 PM
the metal forum has a v good recommendation thread. but i would recommend some arsis and abigail williams for you.

UrzasJ00rMom
12-02-2008, 05:07 PM

I hope that's a joke.

Colors sucked donkey nuts. I don't even consider it BTBAM.

I'm really into Belphegor right now; you should check them out.
http://www.myspace.com/belphegor

Frosted Flakes
12-02-2008, 05:09 PM
The Black Dahlia Murder

x Misanthropy x
12-02-2008, 05:14 PM
I hope that's a joke.

Colors is genius, the album is amazing from beginning to end.

waldorphPRS41
12-02-2008, 05:19 PM
This thread needs to be over.

punkforlife93
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I hope that's a joke.

I hope THAT was a joke. Ants of the Sky, White Walls? Some of their best songs EVER.

Take it back NOW. :cry:

kaktusnpoop
12-02-2008, 06:25 PM
The Beach Boys
Early Devo
Flock of Seagulls
Mr. Mister

zero716
12-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Umm, August Burns Red is a great metalcore band, especially if you like Parkway Drive. All That Remains is good (Fall of Ideals is amazing).

dminishedthingy
12-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Diablo - Eternium

Cynic weren't ever melodeath, and there's no death metal influence at all on TiA, save for a few growls.

TS:
Kalmah
Insomnium
Skyfire
Edge of Sanity
Dark Tranquility
Godgory
Wintersun

dudewithapen
12-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Sorry it was in the wrong forum, but I got more recommendations here than in the heavy metal forum lol All That Remains, Soilwork, Into Eternity, Scar Symmetry, Insomnium, Omnium Gatherum, are all great and I'm well aware of them. I got about a dozen I haven't heard of though. Thanks so much guys! A few I have already checked out and not too into, like At The Gates and August Burns Red. BTBAM just isn't my thing... though Aesthetic is freakin' sweet. I think that's off Silent Circus. And yes, I did listen to Colors. Thanks again guys.

zero716
12-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Oh, check out Nightrage. They are failry similar to Insomnium. You might like Archeon but I'm not sure. Try going on youtube and typing in top 10 melodic death metal bands or something and they pull up a bunch of songs that are similar to those. It might help.

dudewithapen
12-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Nightrage was awesome on the album Gus G. played for, but not so much other stuff. Disarmonia Mundi and Skyfire are freakin' incredible: whoever recommended them is a master and deserves a medal.

zero716
12-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Aye. Disarmonia is coming out with a new cd soon too. It should be interesting, but speed isn't in it as much so we'll see.

kaktusnpoop
12-03-2008, 01:01 AM
**** yeah pantera!

saxaxe
12-03-2008, 01:25 AM
First off, if you're looking for bands, go to the recommendation thread. Second, if you're looking for melodic death metal, why the hell are you in the hardcore forum?
Why is this still open?

xDeadReckoningx
12-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Becoming the Archetype. Now get out.