Invisible Mode

PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Mode

#1 synth
12-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Alright, so a year ago or so I was like 'hey I should change my signature'. and so I did. then I was like 'hey, profile options! whatever could those be!'

In these mysterious profile options (in the control panel) is the option to go into invisible mode, which I thought was awesome, so I of course clicked it.

One year later I still technically have it activated but my friend sends me an IM saying "dude, you're on UG, right on" [SIC]. He could not do this unless I was, gasp, visible!

So, does this mode work? Has it ever? Can mods still see when you're online if it does work? Have I done silly things on the forums (like not sign off for six days straight) and have been branded as a loser because I thought I was invisible when I, in fact, was not?

Any ideas of how to get to the bottom of this travesty would be much appreciated. All apologies if this is not the right place to ask this.

King ofKumbucha
12-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I can see you online right now on UG profiles but not on the forum. That's pretty funny. :haha

FrenchyFungus
12-01-2008, 04:34 PM
It works. Mods can still see you're online, and that you're "invisible".

mikko 9119
12-01-2008, 06:03 PM
So, does this mode work? Has it ever? Can mods still see when you're online if it does work? Have I done silly things on the forums (like not sign off for six days straight) and have been branded as a loser because I thought I was invisible when I, in fact, was not?

i think when you close UG, it considers you logged off, but it still keeps your password and stuff.
i've tested it out, going on UG on firefox, then closed FF, opened IE, where i wasn't logged on at all, looked at my own profile, and says i was last logged in "5 minutes ago" or something like that.

but i dont know for sure