Favorite Metalcore Band??

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Metalcore Band??

dandy4
12-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Think about it this way because it can be hard to pick just one. What band would you listen to if you were locked in a room for all enterity and had to listen to for the rest of your life!! Who would it be??

Killswitch Engage

Bkennedy88
12-02-2008, 02:25 PM
God Forbid

intothe
12-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Avenged Sevenfold

padgea7x
12-02-2008, 02:30 PM
wrong thread
but mine is a cross between
a7x,bfmv,kse or if as i lay dying is metalcore which someone said they was the them too

Dregen
12-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Between the Buried and Me

Maybe Avenged Sevenfold, but none of the stuff of off their Self-Titled

JiMbOb= < )
12-02-2008, 02:31 PM
bfmv

Weiss_xc
12-02-2008, 02:32 PM
A7X, or Isetmyfriendsonfire

Frontbassman
12-02-2008, 02:35 PM
bfmv or as i lay dying

kaktusnpoop
12-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Botch
Disembodied
Martyr AD

you know......the good ones

P-H-O-B-I-A
12-02-2008, 02:39 PM
36 Crazyfists. Or Killswitch Engage.

Wait I Lie. Trivium.

punkforlife93
12-02-2008, 03:04 PM
*sigh* How many of these threads are there?

I'd say one of these three, because it's tough to choose...

Underoath
The Fall of Troy

Thebiz
12-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb Of God, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Dillinger Escape Plan, Between The Buried and Me...they're all good and I can't pick a favorite :(

I'd say Lamb Of God or KSE, since I have listened to them the most.

EDIT: I forgot Underoath until the gentleman above me mentioned them, I love them as well :D

eyebanez333
12-02-2008, 03:14 PM
All That Remains

saxaxe
12-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Botch
Disembodied
Martyr AD

you know......the good ones
Only good post in this thread.
I'm overwhelmed by this terrible thread.

But so that I'm answering and not flaming:
7 Angels 7 Plagues
Poison the Well
Botch
Unearth
Architects (UK)

Orbit91
12-02-2008, 03:55 PM
PTH, THA, BMTH and BTBAM.

tomohawkjoe
12-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Converge
Between The Buried And Me
Botch
Cave In
Into The Moat

STABxYOU
12-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Converge, Uphill Battle, Shai Hulud, Buried Inside.

RawrSlinky
12-02-2008, 06:14 PM

7 Angels 7 Plagues
Poison the Well
Botch
Unearth
Architects (UK)

Best post so far, for me

Misery Signals
Poison the Well
Botch
Protest the Hero

punkforlife93
12-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Best post so far, for me

Misery Signals
Poison the Well
Botch
Protest the Hero

Gah, how'd I forget Protest the Hero and Botch? :facepalm:

And someone mentioned Unearth, they're pretty awesome as well...

kaktusnpoop
12-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Gah, how'd I forget Protest the Hero and Botch? :facepalm:

And someone mentioned Unearth, they're pretty awesome as well...

how on earth did you forget botch?!

atomic_llama
12-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Misery Signals
August Burns Red
Poison the Well
xAFBx

One of them

cxrlxscr
12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
August Burns Red
Parkway Drive

JxD
12-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Unbroken or Integrity because modern "metalcore" needs to be destroyed (except Converge)

kaktusnpoop
12-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Unbroken or Integrity because modern "metalcore" needs to be destroyed (except Converge)

the truth

zero716
12-02-2008, 08:54 PM
KSE and ATR are my favs. The runnerups are what the good man above mentioned.
Originally posted by cxrlxscr
August Burns Red
Parkway Drive

dandy4
12-02-2008, 09:35 PM

7 Angels 7 Plagues
Poison the Well
Botch
Unearth
Architects (UK)

This dude criticizes peoples choice in music and he willingly listens to Poison the Well?

saxaxe
12-02-2008, 10:10 PM
This dude criticizes peoples choice in music and he willingly listens to Poison the Well?
You criticize my choice in music and willingly listen to Killswitch Engage?
But yea, I prefer PTW to all the modern bands who rip them off.

AngelOfSorrow
12-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Lamb of God

IfDaysEnd
12-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Definitely Zao
or SkyCameFalling

dandy4
12-02-2008, 11:47 PM

agree to disagree then, cause I don't think that there has been an original musician since Louis Armstrong, who is way more metal than PTW and KsE.

RawrSlinky
12-02-2008, 11:56 PM
agree to disagree then, cause I don't think that there has been an original musician since Louis Armstrong, who is way more metal than PTW and KsE.

Or we can just agree that you come off as having no clue what your talking about at any point in this post or the last one.

dandy4
12-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Or we can just agree that you come off as having no clue what your talking about at any point in this post or the last one.

all right... sure.

you didn't say your favorite band?

STABxYOU
12-03-2008, 12:08 AM

What does 'being metal' have to do with hardcore? GTFO. :rolleyes:

RawrSlinky
12-03-2008, 12:16 AM
all right... sure.

you didn't say your favorite band?

Yes I did.

dandy4
12-03-2008, 12:18 AM
What does 'being metal' have to do with hardcore? GTFO. :rolleyes:

tough crowd.

Its a metalcore thread, implying that there will be some amount of metal. there is more than hardcore in the hardcore forum. and you didn't say your favorite metalcore band either.

dandy4
12-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Yes I did.

so PTW?

STABxYOU
12-03-2008, 12:22 AM
tough crowd.

Its a metalcore thread, implying that there will be some amount of metal. there is more than hardcore in the hardcore forum. and you didn't say your favorite metalcore band either.

Metalcore isn't just hardcore kids trying to play metal. Metalcore that tries to be metal fails poorly. Metal-influenced hardcore isn't the same as trying to 'be metal'.

PROTIP: Reading is a useful skill.

Converge, Uphill Battle, Shai Hulud, Buried Inside.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17437250&postcount=17

saxaxe
12-03-2008, 12:23 AM
so PTW?
Or, if you scroll up, you can see his post listing his favorite bands. :rolleyes:

kaktusnpoop
12-03-2008, 12:25 AM
not enough integrity or disembodied being mentioned in this thread

saxaxe
12-03-2008, 12:30 AM
not enough integrity or disembodied being mentioned in this thread
+1
Can't wait to see integrity

dandy4
12-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Or, if you scroll up, you can see his post listing his favorite bands. :rolleyes:

didn't see it

kaktusnpoop
12-03-2008, 12:33 AM
+1
Can't wait to see integrity

shiiiittttt, im jealous
i was planning to go to the disembodied reunion in chicago but it sold out in 2 hours of going on sale

dandy4
12-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Metalcore isn't just hardcore kids trying to play metal. Metalcore that tries to be metal fails poorly. Metal-influenced hardcore isn't the same as trying to 'be metal'.

i guess what you were trying to say is metalcore (is hardcore) that tries to be metal (but) fails poorly. I look at it the other way, that the metalcore that i listen to is more "metal" than hxc, so like metal with hxc influences. thats what i meant when i started this thread. and i appear to be unable to read because i didn't recognize any of the bands you mentioned, so i neglected your post. "be metal" is just kind of a cliche thing that i hear a lot and repeated, sorry if the incorrect terminology caused confusion.

kaktusnpoop
12-03-2008, 12:48 AM
i guess what you were trying to say is metalcore (is hardcore) that tries to be metal (but) fails poorly. I look at it the other way, that the metalcore that i listen to is more "metal" than hxc, so like metal with hxc influences. thats what i meant when i started this thread. and i appear to be unable to read because i didn't recognize any of the bands you mentioned, so i neglected your post. "be metal" is just kind of a cliche thing that i hear a lot and repeated, sorry if the incorrect terminology caused confusion.

i'll help clarify, or in the case most hardcore kids hate metalcore

i dig metalcore, however most of it now is just washed up and generic, example bands like as blood runs black and bring me the horizon sound identical to me

also about 99% of metalcore bands are always automatically assumed to be hardcore to the common person as well as someone new into the hardcore genre, and this usually grinds our gears - its like saying linkin park is metal

STABxYOU
12-03-2008, 12:51 AM
There is a difference between not posting my favourite metalcore bands, and not posting metalcore bands you recognize.

Anyways, what I was saying is...

Metalcore/new school metallic hardcore/whatever the hell else you wanna call it traditionally refered to stuff that was clearly hardcore, with varying levels of influence from metal. I find when the metal elements dominate too strongly (when the band tries to 'be metal'), it just sounds like boring metal, it doesn't sound like metalcore.

dandy4
12-03-2008, 12:58 AM
i'll help clarify, or in the case most hardcore kids hate metalcore

i dig metalcore, however most of it now is just washed up and generic, example bands like as blood runs black and bring me the horizon sound identical to me

also about 99% of metalcore bands are always automatically assumed to be hardcore to the common person as well as someone new into the hardcore genre, and this usually grinds our gears - its like saying linkin park is metal

Thank you

And i can see what you mean, there are a lot of generic sounding "metalcore" bands, but there are a lot of good ones.

and linkin park is not metal, eww

kaktusnpoop
12-03-2008, 01:00 AM
Thank you

And i can see what you mean, there are a lot of generic sounding "metalcore" bands, but there are a lot of good ones.

and linkin park is not metal, eww

exactly, now do yourself a favor and download Martyr AD's "On Earth As It Is In Hell" and listen to one of the best metalcore records ever

dandy4
12-03-2008, 01:15 AM
exactly, now do yourself a favor and download Martyr AD's "On Earth As It Is In Hell" and listen to one of the best metalcore records ever

These dudes are pretty brutal. A new band that i just got into the other day was once nothing, but only the "earthmover" disc.

yeah these guys are heavy, i have been looking for some new material, thanks

Ignis_Divine
12-03-2008, 01:41 AM

A general rule of Internet forum debates. Never make up a definition, or generalize a specified term, it will be your downfall.

According to Wikipedia : Metalcore is an umbrella term used to describe fusion genres that incorporate elements of the hardcore punk and heavy metal genres.Metalcore is distinguished from other punk metal fusions by its emphasis on breakdowns slower, intense passages conducive to moshing.

So Metalcore has to be Metal, maybe not a lot, but just a little bit. Simple math
Metalcore - Metal = Core? Not familiar with this type of music? Is it a Techno thing?

So pretty much you just wasted time and energy by talking about bands that people may or may not have heard. Oh you are Freaking Straight Edge Hardcore my friend. You know obscure bands that are not loved by the masses, so that makes you "Lord Metal". Woe be those who question your infinite wisdom.

So a diagram if you will.

Bad taste in Music + Obscure bands = Elitest. And Elitest just suck

I had to Youtube/Wiki some of the bands you mentioned just to figure out who they were.

Honestly, I owned a copy of "The Opposite of December" I heard really good things about it, picked it up. Was bored. Only liked Nerdy. I think i gave it away at Christmas last year.

Oh and so i am not Flaming, but simply posting my Own opinion on subjects. I like August Burns Red.

kaktusnpoop
12-03-2008, 01:47 AM
A general rule of Internet forum debates. Never make up a definition, or generalize a specified term, it will be your downfall.

According to Wikipedia : Metalcore is an umbrella term used to describe fusion genres that incorporate elements of the hardcore punk and heavy metal genres.Metalcore is distinguished from other punk metal fusions by its emphasis on breakdowns slower, intense passages conducive to moshing.

not coming off as a jerk but....
don't quote wikipedia

Ignis_Divine
12-03-2008, 01:53 AM
general rule of internet forum debates
don't quote wikipedia

I tried to use a dictionary but the word was not found there. And if i am allowed to use Wikipedia as a Citation in my Journalism class at the University of Missouri ( Rated #1 in the world for Journalism) then i think UG forums are pkay as well.

kaktusnpoop
12-03-2008, 01:56 AM
I tried to use a dictionary but the word was not found there. And if i am allowed to use Wikipedia as a Citation in my Journalism class at the University of Missouri ( Rated #1 in the world for Journalism) then i think UG forums are pkay as well.

are you really?
dude if i use wikipedia as a citation its considered plagiarism at my school

Ignis_Divine
12-03-2008, 01:58 AM
not coming off as a jerk but....
don't quote wikipedia

Not saying you are a jerk. Just on subjects that are not "established" Online debaters have little resources to use that are available to all. I could use University Library and find a piece by Time talking about the growing Metalcore movement growing in the U.S. circa 1990's but then, you would not be able to check that yourself, unless you have been a Times Subscriber for the last 18 years.

Its usually frowned upon to use reference material that no one else can see. So 3rd party Neutral sites.

kaktusnpoop
12-03-2008, 02:00 AM
Not saying you are a jerk. Just on subjects that are not "established" Online debaters have little resources to use that are available to all. I could use University Library and find a piece by Time talking about the growing Metalcore movement growing in the U.S. circa 1990's but then, you would not be able to check that yourself, unless you have been a Times Subscriber for the last 18 years.

Its usually frowned upon to use reference material that no one else can see. So 3rd party Neutral sites.

i can agree with you on this
but most of the time i try to just avoid useless arguments on the internet, hence why i said i didnt mean to come off as jerk

Ignis_Divine
12-03-2008, 02:01 AM
I can use Wiki on reports that are geared towards "off topics", like Foosball and its general effect on college students and things that have no real established reference material.

dandy4
12-03-2008, 02:10 AM
this didn't turn out like i thought

saxaxe
12-03-2008, 02:16 AM
this didn't turn out like i thought
http://www.jogiles.co.nz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/2361866387_4bdb08a481.jpg

dandy4
12-03-2008, 02:23 AM
well everyone immediately assumes the offensive and goes for the throat on topics that are seemingly none violent. i guess its easier to just flame everything in sight.

and that dude in that pic looks like he needed helmet a lot earlier in life...

Internal Chaos
12-03-2008, 02:58 AM
Everyone who likes oldschool metalcore check out Engineer. Good stuff.

recklessnick
12-03-2008, 03:48 AM
fav metalcore bands are as i lay dying, darkest hour, converge, shai hulud.

HardCore Angel
12-03-2008, 03:53 AM
If I had to choose it would prolly be Converge or BMTH I don't really care if you don't like BMTH ,but everyone has tastes mine are just different than yours.

Necrophagist777
12-03-2008, 03:54 AM
Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Unearth

zero716
12-03-2008, 04:15 AM
I get to see As I Lay Dying, Protest the Hero, and The Human Abstract on the 21 of January!!!

recklessnick
12-03-2008, 04:26 AM
If I had to choose it would prolly be Converge or BMTH I don't really care if you don't like BMTH ,but everyone has tastes mine are just different than yours.

stfu

Internal Chaos
12-03-2008, 04:29 AM
Everyone has different tastes.

But I believe their first album was purely deathcore and their second album isn't as much, but still deathcore, so they are irrelevant to this thread.

kurtrip
12-03-2008, 04:50 AM
of course bands like Integrity, Unbroken, Trial, Converge and Botch
but dammit why hasnt Acme, Rorschauch or Systral been named!!!!!!!!!

waldorphPRS41
12-03-2008, 05:04 AM
How are you in college and you are allowed to use wikipedia for citations?

Also Shai Hulud, Poison The Well, and Darkest Hour are the only metalcore bands I will listen to anymore and that's not too often.

12shinn21
12-03-2008, 06:39 AM

When in his post did he make up a definition?

Elitism is an attitude, really has nothing to do with someone's taste in music hey.

Nice try though.

PS posting in name-drop thread.

saxaxe
12-03-2008, 11:31 AM
When in his post did he make up a definition?

Elitism is an attitude, really has nothing to do with someone's taste in music hey.

Nice try though.

PS posting in name-drop thread.
Nice avatar. Just bought that 7" :p:

Pabli7o
12-03-2008, 11:38 AM
The ones i listen to DUH!
Killswitch Engage
Unearth (Thrashy)
Still Remains
All That Remains
As I Lay Dying
Haste The Day
War of Ages
Some Underoath
The Human Abstract? Somewhat related

--ATREYUROCK--
12-03-2008, 12:40 PM
As I Lay Dying or Underoath, its a damn hard choice...

I shall also just say I love 'new' metalcore, ie AILD, ABR, ATR, aswell as listening to 'old' metalcore, ie Converge and Botch :D

And, to be honest I prefer (the word 'prefer' means its an OPINION!!) modern metalcore

STABxYOU
12-03-2008, 12:46 PM
So Metalcore has to be Metal, maybe not a lot, but just a little bit. Simple math
Metalcore - Metal = Core? Not familiar with this type of music? Is it a Techno thing?

So pretty much you just wasted time and energy by talking about bands that people may or may not have heard. Oh you are Freaking Straight Edge Hardcore my friend. You know obscure bands that are not loved by the masses, so that makes you "Lord Metal". Woe be those who question your infinite wisdom.

I had to Youtube/Wiki some of the bands you mentioned just to figure out who they were.

Funny, if I picked them just to show off my prickish elitism, you'd be right, but if it's on Relapse it's not all that obscure and underground, and Shai Hulud and Converge are mainstream and loved by the masses. Don't assume everyone's out to grow their e-peen just because you've never heard of semi-mainstream bands.

PROTIP: Learn to spell elitist if you want to use it.

So a diagram if you will,

Head up ass + room temperature IQ = cancer. Please, don't be cancer, we need chemo.

Tapping_Ninja
12-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Trivium.... Beucease they are the most metal

I would say lamb of god... But I will never consider them Metalcore

Between the buried and me comes in second

+}-136-{+
12-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Off the top of my head, I'd say my favorite metalcore bands would be Protest the Hero, Converge, Between The Buried and Me, and the Dillinger Escape Plan.

Necrophagist777
12-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Off the top of my head, I'd say my favorite metalcore bands would be Protest the Hero, Converge, Between The Buried and Me, and the Dillinger Escape Plan.

Between the Buried me isn't metalcore imo, progressive metal/progressive death metal. They are amazing though. :cheers:

XCount Me InX
12-03-2008, 01:39 PM
36 crazyfists for me

as you guys who already know me probably know HA
including my dedication towards them aswell :)

Tapping_Ninja
12-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Between the Buried me isn't metalcore imo, progressive metal/progressive death metal. They are amazing though. :cheers:

They're considered metalcore because of their first three releases. Lots of breakdowns on those albums. Like the Silent Circus, Alaska, and Their self titled album.

kurtrip
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
but dammit why hasnt Acme, Rorschach or Systral been named!!!!!!!!!
[elitism mode on] Am I the only one who likes decent metalcore?[/off]
but seriously especially acme and rorschach were essential bands in metalcore and nobody has named them... :no:

HardCore Angel
12-03-2008, 01:58 PM
stfu
This is why I don't talk much here....... Can I use AILD instead then?

+}-136-{+
12-03-2008, 01:59 PM

In regards to their older stuff and the little I have heard of it, it is metalcore. With their newer two albums though, yeah, the lines are blurred. All awesome though so :cheers:

Internal Chaos
12-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Progressive death metal for BTBAM?

1) Download Suffocation
2) Listen to Suffocation
3) Evaluate options
4) Change answer

There isn't really a death metal influence in BTBAM I'd say. Progressive Metalcore, or just Progressive Metal if you want.

pmeg568c
12-03-2008, 03:31 PM
honestly some of the answers in this thread are horrible, not because i just don't like the bands, but if you could only listen to one band, a generic metalcore band would be the worst choice. you would never learn anything new about music, youd just be listening to the same ****. you should pick a band you like that is more complicated so you expand your mind.

12shinn21
12-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Nice avatar. Just bought that 7" :p:
Yeah same haha. Already had the CD but the 7" was only 3 bucks in the Deathwish sale the other day.

technicolour
12-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Darkest hour
Protest the hero
Converge
Shai hulud (just getting in to them)
Envy (if you consider them metalcore)

waldorphPRS41
12-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Darkest hour
Protest the hero
Converge
Shai hulud (just getting in to them)
Envy (if you consider them metalcore)
Envy is like a screamo/post harcore/post rock band depending on the release.

abrftw1995
12-06-2008, 06:59 AM
Architect(Singular lol)

RPExecutor
12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
There isn't really a death metal influence in BTBAM I'd say. Progressive Metalcore, or just Progressive Metal if you want.

Alaska is a death metal album. Silent Circus is a deathcore album. every one of their albums is progressive. of course they have death influences... they're referred to as Prog Death Metal all over the freakin' place.

the only thing that came remotely close to prog metalcore was the S/T, and it's still got a respectable amount of death growls and heavy crunch-riffing on it.

for the record, Misery Signals, Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, I Killed The Prom Queen and Darkest Hour

mikey son
12-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Btbam newest album and Pth newest album are alright
i also like sikth if they count(mathcore?)
oh and the dillinger escape plan is cool
pretty average list i suppose

Internal Chaos
12-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Alaska is a death metal album. Silent Circus is a deathcore album. every one of their albums is progressive. of course they have death influences... they're referred to as Prog Death Metal all over the freakin' place.

the only thing that came remotely close to prog metalcore was the S/T, and it's still got a respectable amount of death growls and heavy crunch-riffing on it.

for the record, Misery Signals, Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, I Killed The Prom Queen and Darkest Hour
They're still a metalcore band. The vocals are metalcore, the guitars are metalcore.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME ARE METALCORE.

tomohawkjoe
12-07-2008, 01:51 AM
BTBAM pre colors were metalcore. Still though, progressive death metal is a pretty big stretch, Alaska and anything before that was definitely metalcore with ****tons of progressive elements. In short, Internal Chaos is right about BTBAM.

Faded Grey
12-07-2008, 06:36 PM
They're still a metalcore band. The vocals are metalcore, the guitars are metalcore.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME ARE METALCORE.

Last time I checked, BTBAM's guitars didn't sound like every other metalcore bands identical sounding guitars.

RawrSlinky
12-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Last time I checked, BTBAM's guitars didn't sound like every other metalcore bands identical sounding guitars.

Last time I checked every metalcore band doesn't have identical sounding guitars.

Internal Chaos
12-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Last time I checked, BTBAM are metalcore.

JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE DIFFERENT, DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE NOT METALCORE.

IcePh0enix
12-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Envy is like a screamo/post harcore/post rock band depending on the release.
Breathing and Dying in this place seems like pretty much a hardcore punk album, but they rule no matter what genre they are.

I'm going to have to go with the generic answer and say Converge.

saxaxe
12-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Oh christ, can we stop arguing about BTBAM? They bring together a bunch of different genres and don't fit into just one. Whatever you think may be different than what someone else thinks and there's no convincing each other otherwise.

razorback_al_31
12-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Parkway Drive

Chris1988
12-08-2008, 05:29 AM
Converge
Between The Buried And Me
Botch
Cave In
Into The Moat

Win.

No one really talks about Into The Moat or Cave In on here.
Which is a shame as they are both pant wettingly good.

*Throws on Beyond Hypothermia for kicks*

Haymaker17
12-08-2008, 11:35 AM
yeah cave in is one of the most underrated bands of all time in this genre.

tomohawkjoe
12-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Something Is Holding Me Down!
It Makes Its Way Through My Arms!

Haymaker17
12-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Something Is Holding Me Down!
It Makes Its Way Through My Arms!

+ about a 1000

metalheadblues
12-14-2008, 03:45 AM
for sum reason i really wanna believe lamb of god is death metal lol bt if nt well then wtf?its fine...best metal core?
born of osiris :)

Ibanezshred333
12-15-2008, 04:31 PM
A Day to Remember. Or Bullet for my Valentine.

JxD
12-15-2008, 06:46 PM
for sum reason i really wanna believe lamb of god is death metal lol bt if nt well then wtf?its fine...best metal core?

I'll bet you pride yourself on coherency.

Niall-K
12-15-2008, 06:47 PM
As I Lay Dying, amazing live and on record.

mikey son
12-15-2008, 07:28 PM
log death metal?
Have you ever heard death metal in your life?

Haymaker17
12-15-2008, 07:43 PM

i didnt know second graders listened to lamb of god

COBHC145
12-15-2008, 10:42 PM
dude, if i was locked in a room with one band to listen to i'd probably shoot myself

but i'd probably say lamb of god

Internal Chaos
12-16-2008, 01:59 AM
I dunno how he thinks Lamb of God are death metal, when he said Born of Osirus who are deathcore...

d1sturbed4eva
12-17-2008, 10:10 PM
All That Remains or Five Finger Death Punch

aggiefan33
12-17-2008, 10:22 PM
My favorite is probably Disturbed.

tomohawkjoe
12-17-2008, 11:41 PM
sic band brah

Tapping_Ninja
12-17-2008, 11:59 PM

They're not core... At all... BUT STILL SICK!!! :headbang:

JxD
12-18-2008, 12:05 AM

Maybe if you throw Finger Eleven or Korn into that list I can show some respect.

ninjagayden777
12-18-2008, 12:42 PM
The Human Abstract handes down. Those are some sick solos

livingbankrupt
12-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Zao is probably the most underrated metalcore band. They were doing metalcore about 10 years before the bands now had even started.

All Else Failed is probably one of the best metalcore records ever

3rdActguitarist
12-23-2008, 11:48 AM
August Burns Red = EPIC band! Very talented members, complex rhythms, and br00tal breakdowns!

BFMV is probably a close second just becaue they really are what got me into metalcore

dead_bury_dead
12-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Born Of Osiris

or as i lay dying

dead_bury_dead
12-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Maybe if you throw Finger Eleven or Korn into that list I can show some respect.
uggggHHHH!!! :puke:

get out of this thread!!

STABxYOU
12-23-2008, 01:31 PM
^ You phail. You get out. Korn's the most extreme br00tal metalcore band everrr.

pmeg568c
12-23-2008, 01:47 PM
lol at how many people fail to see sarcasm