changing user name

PDA

View Full Version : changing user name

drjazzy327
12-08-2008, 02:21 PM
I have been wanting to change my user name and I am wondering how to.I don't care if my account has to be deleted and a new one has to be made.So is there any way I can get this done?

train wreck
12-08-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure this is possible. Send a PM to the admin.

drjazzy327
12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure this is possible. Send a PM to the admin.
Who is that? :confused:

Guitar Skater
12-08-2008, 02:34 PM
admin = administrator

drjazzy327
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
admin = administrator
so this guy would be ok to ask http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/FrenchyFungus/ ?

nightraven
12-08-2008, 03:04 PM
nope, not gonna happen.

usernames are changed very very very very rarely. i can only recall two instances where a usename is significantly changed. frenchy is more willing to give you a capital letter or maybe change a letter if you're lucky but there's no massive changes unless he loves you a lot.
the admins also don't delete accounts because they need to keep records (or something like that), and it's forbidden to start a new account (they will find out about a multiple account and you will be banned for a while depending on your record, your new account will be permanently banned).

sorry :p:

drjazzy327
12-08-2008, 03:31 PM
nope, not gonna happen.

usernames are changed very very very very rarely. i can only recall two instances where a usename is significantly changed. frenchy is more willing to give you a capital letter or maybe change a letter if you're lucky but there's no massive changes unless he loves you a lot.
the admins also don't delete accounts because they need to keep records (or something like that), and it's forbidden to start a new account (they will find out about a multiple account and you will be banned for a while depending on your record, your new account will be permanently banned).

sorry :p:
I just wanted to change to something other than my real name. But I guess that isn't happening :(

nightraven
12-08-2008, 03:37 PM
I just wanted to change to something other than my real name. But I guess that isn't happening :(
start sucking up and maybe in three or four years you'll get a name change :p:

it's becoming increasingly unlikely with the huge growing community here. don't worry, you won't get stalked because your real name is somewhere hidden in your user name and the username isn't that important anyway - it's what you post that defines you ;)

</cliches>

jimmy_neutron
12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Changing usernames also creates dead links in the profiles. Whatever that means lol

Burpin'Worm
12-08-2008, 10:46 PM
We don't change usernames, it leeds to a loss of data integrity.

I've no idea what that is, just quoting Till.

volcom_sk8_rock
12-08-2008, 11:07 PM
I forgot my password so I made a new account then found the password somewhere and got the choice to choose between my old or new account