Why does everyone hate New Jersey?

PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate New Jersey?

sebbsmith
12-10-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm British and wanted to know.

This I do know:
It is safe state for the Democrats
Its average household income is $67 K, the highest out of all 50 states

Enlighten me, Pit :confused:

Kensai
12-10-2008, 06:28 PM
They smell funny and suck at every sport.

RPGoof
12-10-2008, 06:28 PM
People hate New Jersey?

Trefellin
12-10-2008, 06:29 PM
This I do know:

Obviously, they are rich, snobby, liberal bleedin' hearts.

Actually, I just hate the accent.

PlayMadness
New Jersey is the armpit of the US.

/thread

Zugunruhe
we're jealous....

no we're not, no ones jealous of new jersey.

figsandbobo
12-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Please not this again.. PLEASE.

RevaM1ssP1ss
12-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I don't hate them. I looove the accent :heart:

PixieDust13
12-10-2008, 06:32 PM
they suck at driving thats for sure.

Connor6c
12-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Everybody hates New Jersey because North Jersey smells like a dead cat.

(I'm from South Jersey, it isn't that bad.)

in2thesun88
12-10-2008, 06:33 PM
two words: Bon Jovi

Guitarist132
I like jersey

ilovemySG
i live in jersey
the people that make fun of nj, obviously never been to the real jersey. they have been up by newark and camden and new york city where it can be a total ****hole.

come down to the "jersey shore" ****ers and check out a better music scene with alot more history then any middle state, and just as much as new york,

in fact, some consider ny and nj the same scene back in the 70's bc of alot of bands

dont be critical about **** you dont know, the only things i know about canadians is that they like hockey and snow, but im not gunna go make a statement that everybody's pale and ****, because i dont really know

/thread

Thepoison92
I hate them because they stole my islands name!

metalmilitiaman

Not entirely true. I'm from New Jersey, and I'm pretty good at everything. The food in Jersey sucks though. It sucks bad.

One minute you're handed a value menu double cheeseburger, the next, a feast for maggots.

StreetLight3989
12-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Obviously, they are rich, snobby, liberal bleedin' hearts.

Actually, I just hate the accent.
There is no New Jersey accent, I haven't heard anyone from Jersey with it in all my years of living here. People hate Jersey because they think it all looks like the area around Giant's Stadium and the Jersey Turnpike. They also think it smells, neither of those are true. We have some nice beaches and cool cities here. New Brunswick has a great music scene and there is a bunch of other stuff going on in other towns. Yeah, I don't know if I'll stay here, but Jersey doesn't deserve it's bad rep.

pilgrimevan
For some reason it doesn't surprise me that someone from Britain knows more about the US than we do.

kayaress one
Jersey girls aren't trash. Trash gets picked up.

therudycometh
I'm from North Jersey.... it smells bad, the drivers suck, it's overpopulated, and it's boring.

Personal experience.

fastlanestoner
not enough left turns.

seankellyultgtr
jersey isnt bad if you live in it. but when you meet people from jersey outside of jersey they are unusally hostile....maybe thats cause we're new yorks sidekick

sebbsmith
For some reason it doesn't surprise me that someone from Britain knows more about the US than we do.

Aw shucks.

ferretface
12-10-2008, 06:35 PM
MCR came out of New Jersey. That's why.

ilovemySG
please close this ****ing thread

im sick of people talking **** to jersey when the only time they have ****ing been here is to see a giants game or leave the fucking airport....

Furnase
The devil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil) lives there.

lolmnt
i live in jersey
the people that make fun of nj, obviously never been to the real jersey. they have been up by newark and camden and new york city where it can be a total ****hole.

come down to the "jersey shore" ****ers and check out a better music scene with alot more history then any middle state, and just as much as new york,

in fact, some consider ny and nj the same scene back in the 70's bc of alot of bands

dont be critical about **** you dont know, the only things i know about canadians is that they like hockey and snow, but im not gunna go make a statement that everybody's pale and ****, because i dont really know

/threadOnly people from New Jersey like New Jersey.

:p:

jambi_mantra
12-10-2008, 06:37 PM
I've only ever been once and that was to catch a NJ Devils game. Seemed alright though.

grifff
its the guidos

ilovemySG
Only people from New Jersey like New Jersey.

not true
my cousins from australia come here every 2 years and live here in the summer because they love it
and my family from PA and NY spend every holiday and party here because its not nearly as hectic as some of the city and isnt as boring as some parts of PA

sebbsmith
12-10-2008, 06:38 PM

Yeah, so did Thursday and the Misfits... all three bands seem quite bitter about the state as well. Less Than Jake also wrote a song called "Never going back to New Jersey".

Thepoison92
NEW jersey isnt bad if you live in it. but when you meet people from NEW jersey outside of NEW jersey they are unusally hostile....maybe thats cause we're new yorks sidekick
Fixed

I like NEW jersey
Fixed

EDIT: Stop calling that place Jersey, it's not Jersey. I live in Jersey, the American state has the 'New' in front of it for a reason.

SoWrongItsMatt
I've been to Newark, and I hated it.
But I drove through the rest of Jersey on my way to PA once, and it was actually really nice.

Punk Poser
12-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Not entirely true. I'm from New Jersey, and I'm pretty good at everything. The food in Jersey sucks though. It sucks bad.

One minute you're handed a value menu double cheeseburger, the next, a feast for maggots.

No way dude. I don't know what part of Jersey you are from, but I can get any kind of food I want. By that I mean I can get some great Italian food obviously, but I can go to another town and get great Asian food from Vietnamese or Thai people or go somewhere else and get food made by people from South America, or the Caribbean.

JakdOnCrack
they suck at driving thats for sure.
We're the only state who knows how to drive, prick.

Dirty Jersey pride right here.

koalabacon
its a ****hole?

the1
12-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah, so did Thursday and the Misfits... all three bands seem quite bitter about the state as well. Less Than Jake also wrote a song called "Never going back to New Jersey".

MCR love NJ. They never shut up about it in interviews.

Captain Insano
12-10-2008, 06:43 PM
I think the entire state just has a terrible odor. Like as soon as you cross the boarder, there is a sewage smell in the air.

StreetLight3989
So did Lifetime, Thursday, Saves the Day, Bouncing Souls, Gaslight Anthem, World Inferno Friendship Society, The Ergs, Screaming Females, Jimmy Eat World(not technically from Jersey, but had a lot to do with the scene there), For Science, Static Radio and about 1,000 more.

Only people from New Jersey like New Jersey.

Says the person who was considering eventually moving here :p:

Twist of fate
We are known for buying dipping tobacco underrage more than any of the southern states.

yellowfrizbee
12-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I dont hate NJ..I mean, I wouldnt wanna live there or anything :p: (actually probably honestly the last place Id live.)

But thats just because I come from FL...its a HUGE change going up to NJ :haha

figsandbobo
12-10-2008, 06:48 PM
We are known for buying dipping tobacco underrage more than any of the southern states.

More than Texas!?

Icehawk217
We have full service gas stations.

/thread

Arch Enemy 65
You guys have funny accents. I was there and had no problem with it.

lolmnt
12-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Says the person who was considering eventually moving here :p:I knew you'd show up :p:

and I've invested in one of these:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/blogs/irondequoit/uploaded_images/level-a-hazmat-suit-720582.jpg

amputecture
12-10-2008, 06:49 PM
most people that claim to "hate" Jersey have never been and are simply basing their opinion on stereo types. ignorance - the root cause of all hate. i've never been to new jersey, so cannot make a fair judgement. but everything on TV depicts the place as a dump.
though i've seen my share of crappy parts of california. meh....

Phorgot
12-10-2008, 06:51 PM
if it weren't for the Giants and Jets there would be no other reason for me to like NJ.... just kidding

StreetLight3989
12-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I knew you'd show up :p:

and I've invested in one of these:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/blogs/irondequoit/uploaded_images/level-a-hazmat-suit-720582.jpg
Haha, I've already made two long posts mostly consisting of how awesome music from NJ is.

Yeah, now all the p0nx have to come and bash Jersey like you guys do every day :p:

~*Tutty*~
12-10-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't hate New Jersey.

Shadow_Hawk
12-10-2008, 06:57 PM
i live in NJ and i hate it.... course thats cause i moved out from New York to there, but whatever. everything is like an hour or more away from where you live, it smells terrible, everything is held here to be shipped out to the rest of the USA, you have to go to malls if you want to buy something, the people are terrible drivers, bon jovi wants to be the states governor. there are a lot of things wrong with jersey.

who's seen the robot chicken sketch about the care bears VS the care bear cousins? the end of that sums up NJ pretty well....

darth awsome
12-10-2008, 06:59 PM
its the Traffic.

Twist of fate
12-10-2008, 06:59 PM
More than Texas!?
There is no such thing as a dipping tobacco age in Texas no matter what the government says.
So yes, New Jersey does have the highest rate of underate dipping.

Stratoblaster73
12-10-2008, 07:01 PM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd125/Antarctic_Music/lolz-1.jpg

I guess you're not alone.

jeremessmore
12-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I have a friend (scene) who loves new jersey because mcr resides or is from there or something, I mean she likes worships new jersey, today was her birthday, I wore a tshirt that said happy birthday for her... but yeah jersey doesn't seem that bad to me

IlikeTheSKA
12-10-2008, 07:14 PM
It's a spawning ground for assholes

Yanks4Life92
12-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Everybody hates New Jersey because North Jersey smells like a dead cat.

(I'm from South Jersey, it isn't that bad.)

I beg to differ.

I live in New Jersey and where I live (Morris County) is really nice and a great place. Why is everybody hatin' on NJ :confused: :(

ToalNOOB
12-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Smelly Guido's who are pedo's and don't work for anything and everything is given to them by their parents and they talk like dumbasses and generally think they are better then everyone else. Also, their women smell like salty garbage.

figsandbobo
12-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Because if you piss off an administrator from New Jersey he'll change your user name to fagsandhomo....

roger88
12-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Cuz they went to newark and got their wallet stolen by a crackhead with aids....

NJ owns if you stay out of the ****hole cities

sebbsmith
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
From my experience...Florida is America's toilet.

Everyone knows Florida is actually Ameirca's weiner.

Sid McCall
12-11-2008, 02:51 PM
^ Everyone knows Florida is actually just God's waiting room.

I live walking distance from Jersey...

Pros:
Higher Minimum Wage
Cheap gas

Cons:
Smells funky (not all of it, just most of it)
They would let Helen Keller pass the road test
The smell
The people tend to be angrier/stupider than most neighboring states (it's like NYC but for no good reason)
It smells bad.

loubot123
12-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Ive been to newark and it reminded me of Glasgow :haha

smb
12-11-2008, 02:59 PM
If it's anything like Jersey it's a small ****ty island full of child abusers that the French are welcome to.

daytripper75
12-11-2008, 03:00 PM
i'm from Pennsylvania, so I was born to hate New Jersey. i can't really help it.

they do have a decent music scene though.

but every part of Jersey that i've seen has been pretty bad. Camden is a shithole, the turnpike is terrible, six flags sucks, the jersey shore is overrated, Atlantic City is a shithole if you leave the boardwalk, and the drivers are horrible.

AND they don't let me pump my own gas.

lame.

StreetLight3989
12-11-2008, 03:01 PM
For everyone judging NJ on Newark, of course you're going to hate it, that city pretty much sucks. It seriously doesn't smell, I don't know how people get that, it smells the same as every other state I've ever been to.

roger88
12-11-2008, 03:10 PM
everyone talks **** but come summer 80 million mother****ers from NY come and try their best to ruin my summer in any and every way possible...........dicks

Sid McCall
12-11-2008, 03:11 PM
^ When's the last time you drove down the GSP with your windows down?

But yeah, the music scene is absolutely incredible, I forgot about that. I go to all of my shows in Jersey. Starland Ballroom ftw! I've seen everyone from Reel Big Fish to Joe Satriani to Buddy Guy in standing room. Good times.

Oh, and most of my family on my dad's side is from NJ so I'm raised to hate it and love it at the same time.

StreetLight3989
12-11-2008, 03:14 PM
^ When's the last time you drove down the GSP with your windows down?

But yeah, the music scene is absolutely incredible, I forgot about that. I go to all of my shows in Jersey. Starland Ballroom ftw! I've seen everyone from Reel Big Fish to Joe Satriani to Buddy Guy in standing room. Good times.

Oh, and most of my family on my dad's side is from NJ so I'm raised to hate it and love it at the same time.
Well the GSP doesn't represent most of Jersey neither those the Jersey Turnpike, and I don't ride on them with my windows down :p: Where I live it's basically like any other state and doesn't smell bad at all. Also yeah, for all it's ****ty qualities it does have the redeeming quality of having amazing music coming out of the state and a lot of people play in the state. There are great local scenes in NJ too.

bound by metal
12-11-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm from North Jersey.... it smells bad, the drivers suck, it's overpopulated, and it's boring.

Personal experience.

Montvale right here....you win and are correct

nosushi4you
12-11-2008, 03:17 PM
People don't like Jersey because they try to be New York. They can't quite pull it off, though. New York is where it's at.

Anyone here seen Ted's Jersey rants on How I Met Your Mother?

Sid McCall
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Well the GSP doesn't represent most of Jersey neither those the Jersey Turnpike, and I don't ride on them with my windows down :p: Where I live it's basically like any other state and doesn't smell bad at all. Also yeah, for all it's ****ty qualities it does have the redeeming quality of having amazing music coming out of the state and a lot of people play in the state. There are great local scenes in NJ too.
Hah I think you're just biased because Catch and Streetlight are from Jersey (though in realist Ryan Eldred lives where I go to college upstate).

StreetLight3989
12-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Hah I think you're just biased because Catch and Streetlight are from Jersey (though in realist Ryan Eldred lives where I go to college upstate).
Well I am kind of biased, I'll admit it. I love so much music that comes from Jersey, I mean we have Lifetime, Thursday, Catch, Streetlight, The Ergs, Saves the Day, Kid Dynamite, Paint it Black, Screaming Females, Gaslight Anthem, and so much more. Sure, there are some shitty parts of Jersey and some annoying people, but same with every state. Where I live and south of that isn't just a bunch of guidos trying to act like it's New York, it's just a regular place.

Thepoison92
12-11-2008, 03:24 PM
If it's anything like Jersey it's a small ****ty island full of child abusers that the French are welcome to.
I resent that. _
The French can get the fuck away from my Island.

Z_cup_boy
12-11-2008, 03:25 PM
my chemical romance is from there

TheBodomBullet
12-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Because we have OVERRRR 900000000000000 a$sholes here.

If i ever get the chance I would move to another state. New Jersey feels like America's butt crack.

SeveralSpecies
12-11-2008, 11:20 PM

Ok, you. Take it back now.

Super bowl champs? They play and train in New Jersey. Why they are called the New YORK Giants is beyond me. Also, we have Brett Favre now, since the Jets also play and train in NJ.

Also, only the eastern shore stinks.

New Jersey is no worse than any other state. Except for the fact that we have the worst drivers ever.

gavz_verdikt
12-11-2008, 11:30 PM
NJ was the place where Full House was originated from.

roger88
12-11-2008, 11:58 PM
NJ has ****ty drivers cause they're mostly old people,after 7pm when theyre all asleep the ratio of good to bad drivers changes drastically

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 12:00 AM
NJ has ****ty drivers cause they're mostly old people,after 7pm when theyre all asleep the ratio of good to bad drivers changes drastically

Yea i find it weird how all the old people are either here, or in Florida. Why can't they all just go to Florida?

JakdOnCrack
12-12-2008, 12:01 AM
NJ is the only state that knows how to drive, you guys are crazy. PA has the worst drivers in America. Plus NJ doesn't smell, only up by Newark. My township(Washington twp./Long Valley) is mostly wooded area/some farmland and it's gorgeous. it's right next to Hackettstown, which was voted best place to live in America a little while back. (H-Town sucks now, full of illegal immigrants =[)

Dirty Jersey is also thug as hell, so it gives me street cred.

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 12:04 AM
NJ is the only state that knows how to drive, you guys are crazy. PA has the worst drivers in America. Plus NJ doesn't smell, only up by Newark. My township(Washington twp./Long Valley) is mostly wooded area/some farmland and it's gorgeous. it's right next to Hackettstown, which was voted best place to live in America a little while back. (H-Town sucks now, full of illegal immigrants =[)

Dirty Jersey is also thug as hell, so it gives me street cred.

o.0

The drivers in Madison suck ass, as well as everywhere else I've been in Jersey.

But yea, PA's drivers are just as bad.

MeltingWaxFace
12-12-2008, 12:05 AM
I raise you Camden.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camden,_New_Jersey
:puke:

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 12:08 AM
You have obviously never been to Florida. I lived in PA for a while, the drivers were bad (a lot don't know the definition of a red light) but FLA. is despicable, because a ton of drivers...lets just say aren't licensed for a few reasons.

I consider NJ tied with Florida when it comes to moron drivers. At least in Florida, at least whenever I'm there, they apologize when they cut you off three times in a row.

MTVget0FFtheAIR
12-12-2008, 12:09 AM
i live in jersey

/thread
This. This is why we hate New Jersey.

I actually don't really care about Jersey, I've never been there and I never plan on going there.

tonedeafidiot
12-12-2008, 12:11 AM
It's easy to make fun of, just like Tennessee and Texas.

dullsilver_mike
12-12-2008, 12:15 AM
You ever heard a Jersey accent?

/thread

roger88
12-12-2008, 12:17 AM
^^^

we have accents?

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 12:17 AM
You ever heard a Jersey accent?

/thread

You bein a wiseguy, pal, huh? Ya keep dat up, ima trow you troo da winda!

in2thesun88
12-12-2008, 12:19 AM
I consider NJ tied with Florida when it comes to moron drivers. At least in Florida, at least whenever I'm there, they apologize when they cut you off three times in a row.
Only the old folk apologize. Anyone else gets our and stabs or shoots your ass. Isn't Florida wonderful?

dullsilver_mike
12-12-2008, 12:20 AM
You bein a wiseguy, pal, huh? Ya keep dat up, ima trow you troo da winda!

I don't understand a single thing you just said :p:

Tedward
12-12-2008, 12:21 AM
because no one wants to like a guy like this

http://images.art.com/images/-/Joe-Pesci---My-Cousin-Vinny--C10038635.jpeg

roger88
12-12-2008, 12:24 AM
You don't **** around with Joe pesci,he just looks like a guy who gets things done

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 12:25 AM
I don't understand a single thing you just said :p:

Translation:

I say, good sir, we quanit people of New Jersey are a kind folk, and our unique accents simply reflect our individuality among our fellow Americans, and are not a thing to act so negatively to. **** the Redsox.

in2thesun88
12-12-2008, 12:25 AM
because no one wants to like a guy like this

http://images.art.com/images/-/Joe-Pesci---My-Cousin-Vinny--C10038635.jpeg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd245/2ndsite/pesci.jpg
Joe Pesci disapproves of your
post regarding Joe Pesci

Hey, he has more badass in his pinky fingernail than all of the pit combined.

NJ16W
12-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Im from New Jersey (North Jersey, which is completely different from South Jersey and shouldnt even be considered the same state, but that is for another argument) and proud of it. Ive traveled a lot and new Jersey just has a different feel than most other places. And best of all we got the best sports teams here (yankees and Giants). Id put New Jersey up against any state in the country and id bet we would kick their ass

MetalExplorer38
12-12-2008, 02:21 AM
People are jealous of us!
Seriously though, people judge the whole state based on sections they've been to. It's unfair to judge the state using Camden or Newark as your basis. Those cities are both ranked among the most dangerous cities in the U.S. and suck balls. But we also have some cities ranked among the safest ... you can't judge us based on 1 or 2 cities.
As for the drivers, I really don't think we're any worse than anyone else. Personally, I spent 4 years in Massachusetts for school and would say that state is far worse. But in all honesty I'd have to say that nearly 90% of drivers suck, no matter where you are. You simply notice it more since Jersey is much more populated and a lot of people are either passing through from neighboring states or coming here for vacation.
I've noticed a lot of people coming here for the summer and then doing nothing but complaining about it. Do me a favor, if you don't like it here, stay the hell out. Simple as that!
That being said, I figured it's appropriate that my first official post was in defense of my home state! :) Oh, and go Devils!

fastlanestoner
12-12-2008, 05:36 PM
So did Lifetime, Thursday, Saves the Day, Bouncing Souls, Gaslight Anthem, World Inferno Friendship Society, The Ergs, Screaming Females, Jimmy Eat World(not technically from Jersey, but had a lot to do with the scene there), For Science, Static Radio and about 1,000 more.

Says the person who was considering eventually moving here :p:

dude Jimmy Eat World is from Arizona. :no:

thedefrockednun
12-12-2008, 05:52 PM
same reason why we hate the french (Im british btw)

rrskater007
12-12-2008, 07:01 PM
new jersey just sucks.. im from new york and i feel like every one just talks down to them (maybe bc those ****heads took the statue of liberty from us)

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Im from New Jersey (North Jersey, which is completely different from South Jersey and shouldnt even be considered the same state, but that is for another argument) and proud of it. Ive traveled a lot and new Jersey just has a different feel than most other places. And best of all we got the best sports teams here (yankees and Giants). Id put New Jersey up against any state in the country and id bet we would kick their ass

I don't know. I'm originally from Maryland, and they have crabcakes. No matter what your argument is, they win solely based on that fact.

new jersey just sucks.. im from new york and i feel like every one just talks down to them (maybe bc those ****heads took the statue of liberty from us)

What are you talking about??

BlackandSilver
12-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Because people love to hate. =/

thewho65
12-12-2008, 07:06 PM
New Jersey's a strange place because they decided to place a glorious aquarium right in the middle of the crime capital of America. That's like putting a high school counselor in a cell with Bubba, the 300 lb. rapist.

I don't hate New Jersey, but everytime I go there I see a porno shop in the vicinity of a religious building. It's pretty funny.

iplayibanezrg
12-12-2008, 07:08 PM
i live in one of the ****tier parts of new jersey (Linden which is by newark and jersey city). Its really not that bad people just make it seem bad. Yes my whole town is pretty much black and come from newark but nobody bothers me. I love living here theres so much stuff to do and places to go. I especially love it cuz i deal with a lot of bands from jersey as well as other places cuz i make custom drum sets. Most bands enjoy playing in jersey by the way!

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 07:09 PM
New Jersey's a strange place because they decided to place a glorious aquarium right in the middle of the crime capital of America.

I don't hate New Jersey, but everytime I go there I see a porno shop in the vicinity of a religious building. It's pretty funny.

:haha

God loves teh boobies.

thewho65
12-12-2008, 07:17 PM
I lived in PA for a while, the drivers were bad (a lot don't know the definition of a red light)

A friend of mine who took the driving (written) test looked over at some person's test and they matched the stoplight colors wrong.

In PA, the roads suck more than the drivers. Some of the worst intersections in the country are here.

GoToSleep
12-12-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm from south jersey. I hate North Jersey, but there's nothing wrong with SJ. Bad drivers and a lot of assholes, but not as bad as NY or Cali.

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 07:20 PM
A friend of mine who took the driving (written) test looked over at some person's test and they matched the stoplight colors wrong.

In PA, the roads suck more than the drivers. Some of the worst intersections in the country are here.

We're catching up with your quality at breakneck pace.

Seriously, where the **** is the funding going?

thewho65
12-12-2008, 07:25 PM
We're catching up with your quality at breakneck pace.

Seriously, where the **** is the funding going?

Probably being used to fit John Corzine with a bionic suit that will last forever.

Ed Rendell's trying to pass the same bill.

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Probably being used to fit John Corzine with a bionic suit that will last forever.

Ed Rendell's trying to pass the same bill.

....ye.....yeah probably :haha

BillieJoeFreak:
12-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah we suck a lot. But we have some good things too. Like the beach. And lowest gas prices. And Wawas.

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah we suck a lot. But we have some good things too. Like the beach. And lowest gas prices. And Wawas.

Wawa = greatest thing ever.

But NJ isn't the only state that has them.

chipmunksurfer
12-12-2008, 07:36 PM
theres really not much wrong with new jersey. It doesnt smell, and there's no jersey accent. I personally am going to move far away when i graduate, but beach is amazing and a lot of variety packed into a small state. Dont love it, dont hate it, w/e to me. lived here my whole life.

Fuzzbox91
12-12-2008, 07:37 PM
its the asshole of america, seriously its where all teh nuclear waste and **** goes.

but i dont hate peopel from new jersey, some great things came from there, aqua teen hunger force, Jay and Silent Bob, The Misfits, but my chemical romance almost undoes any of that.

and they are pretty good at hockey

EDIT: okay im exaggerating abit here, its not the asshole of america, but its known to have a bit of a pollution problem

Mlrc
12-12-2008, 08:07 PM
I went from NYC to Rutgers for a school trip. Let me tell you, New Jersey was not pleasant, especially the Meadow Lands. Holy crap, there was Giants stadium, a parking lot, and a crap load of nothing, with the occasional meat packing plant. Rutgers was a nice town though, not gonna lie.

in2thesun88
12-12-2008, 08:10 PM
EDIT: okay im exaggerating abit here, its not the asshole of america, but its known to have a bit of a pollution problem

We have already established Fla. as the asshole of america/ gods waiting room. This would make Jersey the armpit.

A lot of my hatred of Jersey comes from my hatred of their sports teams...and bon jovi I can't stand the Giants, Jets, or the Devils.

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 08:20 PM
We have already established Fla. as the asshole of america/ gods waiting room. This would make Jersey the armpit.

A lot of my hatred of Jersey comes from my hatred of their sports teams...and bon jovi I can't stand the Giants, Jets, or the Devils.

as long as you credit us with the Giants and the Jets :cheers:

1337s933k
12-12-2008, 08:23 PM
My girlfriend cheated on me and dumped me for a guy from NJ.

I fell into depression, not because of the girl, but because the guy was from the armpit of America.

True story.

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 08:29 PM
My girlfriend cheated on me and dumped me for a guy from NJ.

I fell into depression, not because of the girl, but because the guy was from the armpit of America.

True story.

Well, the Jersey guy wins, doesn't he?

STERIOGRAM134
12-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Im from New Jersey... 10 Minutes from Seaside Heights to be Exact... I can understand why people may hate north jersey because of all the agression on the roads etc. And believe me i know i just spent a semester of college up in north jersey and now im leaving... I cant stand it when people pass judgement on the state when theyve never been to the real Jersey. Come to Cape May, Wildwood, Sandy Hook, Pt. Pleasant. Any one of those beaches are amazing to visit... As for the accent, my mother has a very strong "jersey" accent i guess and im told i have it a lot as well... I dont notice it though.

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Im from New Jersey... 10 Minutes from Seaside Heights to be Exact... I can understand why people may hate north jersey because of all the agression on the roads etc. And believe me i know i just spent a semester of college up in north jersey and now im leaving... I cant stand it when people pass judgement on the state when theyve never been to the real Jersey. Come to Cape May, Wildwood, Sandy Hook, Pt. Pleasant. Any one of those beaches are amazing to visit... As for the accent, my mother has a very strong "jersey" accent i guess and im told i have it a lot as well... I dont notice it though.

Where did you go to college?

STERIOGRAM134
12-12-2008, 08:36 PM
William Paterson University... Not exactly the "****" part of North Jersey, but the way the roads are set up and the way people act was enough to send me packing.

1337s933k
12-12-2008, 08:37 PM

Well, the Jersey guy wins, doesn't he?

No. I killed him.

:devil:

will123456789
12-12-2008, 08:38 PM
cos they tawks funny.

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 08:38 PM
William Paterson University... Not exactly the "****" part of North Jersey, but the way the roads are set up and the way people act was enough to send me packing.

Ah.

I live in Madison, and it's great here. We're more centralish, though.

No. I killed him.

:devil:

STERIOGRAM134
12-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Ah.

I live in Madison, and it's great here. We're more centralish, though.

Are you in College? Fairleigh Dickinson University im guessing?

CFH82
12-12-2008, 08:57 PM
It's actually pretty nice in central New Jersey, and unlike most of my friends I like it here :)

Also, just as a few other people said, most people probably hate it because of the stereotype that it smells, it's a dump and we're infested with guidos (even though the last one has some truth to it :( )

EDIT: New Jersey's a strange place because they decided to place a glorious aquarium right in the middle of the crime capital of America. That's like putting a high school counselor in a cell with Bubba, the 300 lb. rapist.

My brother went to the aquarium in Camden when he was in 1st grade, he said they put up cardboard on the windows of the bus or something along those lines.

And yes, there's quite a lot of porno shops. I know of 5 where I live, but the best is the one in the town over from me, it's right next to a Marine Corp. recruiter, a tattoo shop, a gun shop all in the same plaza, and that's all across the street from a pre-school :p:

Corruption
12-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Its cuz they gave us Bon ****ing Jovi...

sgtpeppers445
12-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Hey at least in jersey they don't have southern accents and have sex with their cousins and i'd rather have guidos then rednecks anyday

StreetLight3989
12-12-2008, 10:02 PM
dude Jimmy Eat World is from Arizona. :no:
Read my post next time, I said they were part of the New Brunswick scene even though they aren't from NJ.

I went from NYC to Rutgers for a school trip. Let me tell you, New Jersey was not pleasant, especially the Meadow Lands. Holy crap, there was Giants stadium, a parking lot, and a crap load of nothing, with the occasional meat packing plant. Rutgers was a nice town though, not gonna lie.
You went through the worst part of Jersey, the Meadowlands and Jersey Turnpike up there is horrible. New Brunswick where Rutgers is located is a pretty nice place. It has an awesome music scene and some really nice parts, it has a couple crappy parts but whatever.

SeveralSpecies
12-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Are you in College? Fairleigh Dickinson University im guessing?

Nope. The good one in Madison. :D

(who am I kidding, they **** me over constantly).

shadow__666
12-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Jersey gave us Kevin Smith, that's all I need.

masterohumans
12-12-2008, 10:13 PM

This I do know:

The average income may be high but it cost a ****load to live there. Anyways i use to live there and although i loved it, it is smelly, and dirty. Humid too.

guyperson
12-12-2008, 10:13 PM
http://www.damnfunnypictures.com/funny-pictures/4030/New-Jersey-Douchebags/

But seriously, I don't hate New Jersey.

StreetLight3989
12-12-2008, 10:21 PM
http://www.damnfunnypictures.com/funny-pictures/4030/New-Jersey-Douchebags/

But seriously, I don't hate New Jersey.
:haha:haha:haha

I don't think I've seen so much orange in my life.

-O_O-
12-12-2008, 10:23 PM
I don't know. People in America are idiots.
But personally, i live in Jersey. I hate it and can't wait to get out.

Dirge Humani
12-12-2008, 10:28 PM
People from out of state hate New Jersey because we're full of guidos.

And people from New Jersey hate New Jersey because it isn't New York.

Thales
12-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I live in Central Jersey and it's fine here, the Ironbound in Newark isn't really that bad. I've been to the Camden aquarium, it wasn't that great. I live in the suburbs, and it's quite nice, although my school is so messed up.

In New Jersey, we don't pump our gas, we pump our fists!

Edit: I've only lived in Miami before moving to New Jersey, and it's way better here. It's still way better than living in Brazil.

grenade24
12-12-2008, 11:05 PM
i live in jersey

/thread
This

Wulphy
12-12-2008, 11:22 PM
It's New York's toilet.

JohnnyGenzale
12-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Isn't George Costanza from New Jersey? If so, that'd be a reason....

to love it.

cakeandpiemofo
12-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Bon Jovi.

Lgndkllr777
12-12-2008, 11:34 PM
From Barnegat, NJ here. Anything just south of Sayerville is nice. Sayreville and north sucks.

Except Sayreville has Starland, so it's useful.

New Jersey is a pretty diverse state for its size. Unfortunately the ****ty parts are in the shadows on NYC, so that's all that's usually seen by the rest of the world.

Superstrat101
12-12-2008, 11:35 PM

This I do know:

They gave us Bon Jovi.

slaptasticdave
12-12-2008, 11:36 PM
try one of its biggest attractions being built on NY garbage.

roger88
12-12-2008, 11:39 PM
wtf is with all this bon jovi hate.....

and those pics of jersey douchbags is hilarious although im pretty sure they're from staten island

everyones just jealous of nj boardwalks

Lgndkllr777
12-12-2008, 11:47 PM
wtf is with all this bon jovi hate.....

and those pics of jersey douchbags is hilarious although im pretty sure they're from staten island

everyones just jealous of nj boardwalks

Seaside has gotten pretty bad with the guidos lately, but its still a fun place to go. And none of them look that orange here :p:

roger88
12-12-2008, 11:52 PM
i live right across the bridge from seaside and every summer all the guidos come down to infect and ruin everything like a 2 month plague.

****in assholes

Gibson_SG_uzr55
12-12-2008, 11:58 PM
I dont hate Jersey at all. with the exception of Bon Jovi, they have the best music

IlikeTheSKA
12-13-2008, 12:13 AM
:haha:haha:haha

I don't think I've seen so much orange in my life.
I was a guido last year for Halloween. I used orange facepaint instead of fake tan. People took me seriously.

Punk Poser
12-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Nope. The good one in Madison.

(who am I kidding, they **** me over constantly).

Do you go to Drew?

amason51
12-21-2008, 02:41 AM

the highways smell because we want to keep peice of **** people out. and we won the superbowl. the NEW JERSEY giants. they play in east rutherford IN JERSEY. same for the jets.

JERSEY FTW

monkeysintheday
12-21-2008, 02:55 AM

This I do know:

The only good thing I've experienced in New Jersey is a Pearl Jam concert.
I can walk to Trenton, when I cross the Delaware River it's like narrowly avoiding being slapped by the angel of death. It's a very depressing state, and their trains are also trolleys.

I dont hate Jersey at all. with the exception of Bon Jovi, they have the best music

Isn't My Chemical Romance from New Jersey though?

millerdrr
12-21-2008, 03:06 AM
<<<<<<<<<<<< :gunsfirin :gun: Uncle Junior says New Jersey is okay

other than the bon jovi hate. midget prick punk pokemon obsessed needle dick numbnut communist weirdos!

:peace:

brianxcore
12-21-2008, 03:20 AM
From Urban Dictionary:

"The best state in the Union.The land of diners,greenheads,and Soccer.Those who make fun of it are either jealous or have never been here and would prefer to live in whatever cornball state they're currently in.

-For the last time,NO ONE SAYS "JOISEY"!!OK?Not even people in north Jersey.Most of us have a Philadelphian sounding dialect.

-No mullets either,ok?

-Many of us love Soccer,and Jerseyans are the best Soccer players in the US.(Tim Howard,Claudio Reyna.Both play in England)

-Knock it off with the stupid toxic waste and turnpike jokes,they're both unfunny and incorrect.If you REALLY want to make a Jerseyan laugh ask us what our longest time staying in a diner was or something like that.

-"Jersey girls" do not look like cheap *****s with 80's-looking hair.They are usually gorgeous Italian girls,however they sometimes smoke too much and should cut that out.

-NJ smells like leaves and trees,thats about it.

-Ok,there's some ****holes here,i'll admit.(like with any place).But most of the state is beautiful and it's a great place to live.

-Douchebags like Jay Leno need to stop with the corny NJ jokes before I make some South Jersey chick beat his ass.

-One of the few places you'll find people who are of half-Irish and half-Italian descent."

Another bassist
12-21-2008, 03:22 AM
cuz your god damn accent, that's why

/thread

amason51
12-21-2008, 03:27 AM
From Urban Dictionary:

"The best state in the Union.The land of diners,greenheads,and Soccer.Those who make fun of it are either jealous or have never been here and would prefer to live in whatever cornball state they're currently in.

-For the last time,NO ONE SAYS "JOISEY"!!OK?Not even people in north Jersey.Most of us have a Philadelphian sounding dialect.

-No mullets either,ok?

-Many of us love Soccer,and Jerseyans are the best Soccer players in the US.(Tim Howard,Claudio Reyna.Both play in England)

-Knock it off with the stupid toxic waste and turnpike jokes,they're both unfunny and incorrect.If you REALLY want to make a Jerseyan laugh ask us what our longest time staying in a diner was or something like that.

-"Jersey girls" do not look like cheap *****s with 80's-looking hair.They are usually gorgeous Italian girls,however they sometimes smoke too much and should cut that out.

-Ok,there's some ****holes here,i'll admit.(like with any place).But most of the state is beautiful and it's a great place to live.

-Douchebags like Jay Leno need to stop with the corny NJ jokes before I make some South Jersey chick beat his ass.

-One of the few places you'll find people who are of half-Irish and half-Italian descent."
brianxcore is the smartest man alive

i live 4 minutes away from the lincoln tunnel and i go to school in manhattan everyday, now thats a place that smells like a dead elephants asshole

brookiemonstarr
12-21-2008, 03:39 AM
From Urban Dictionary:

-No mullets either,ok?

^this

and wtf is with all the accent crap? i dont know anybody with a weird accent (except for people who havent always lived in new jersey) and ive lived here for about 15 years..
same with how it smells. whats wrong with you people lol it doesnt smell like anything other than "leaves and trees."

i love how half the people who bash new jersey for all those things that arent even true probably havent even been here before. :rolleyes: i didnt even know people hated new jersey till i read this.

primusfan
12-21-2008, 04:16 AM
because new jersey hates everybody.

GerGuam
12-21-2008, 04:41 AM
The only time I've heard people from that area is when I watched the Nets suck and the announcers were yelling utter bullshit because the Nets suck and the refs let them suck and didn't give them every call. Listening to that accent was terrible, and the stereotypical attitude was just as ridiculous. I blame the accent. And guidos.

jad319
04-08-2009, 03:35 PM
the water makes u retarded the people are douches and cant drive for ****
i live in staten island i kno by personal experience

MercyfulFate505
04-08-2009, 03:44 PM

This I do know:

Well that pretty much seals the deal for me

Punk_Ninja
04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
http://students.depaul.edu/~pboutsik/danzig.jpg

This. Cos apparenlty he has a small penis.

snipelfritz
04-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Its supposedly dirty, crowded, and not the prettiest place. It is really just the north that has that stereotype, but its such a small state its easy to stereotype the whole thing.

North Jersey is a haven for New Yorker workers who can't afford/don't wish to pay to live in the city (living in NYC is super expensive), so "real" New Yorkers like to give them crap.

SlipknotRule93
04-08-2009, 03:56 PM
New Jersey is the armpit of the US.

/thread

Geographically I believe that's correct.

I hate them because they stole my islands name!

I feel for you. I'm still bitter over New Hampshire and Portsmouth, Virginia and Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

wtf290
04-08-2009, 04:08 PM

This I do know:

You took the Statue of Liberty off our license plates.

She was ours, you bastards. :mad:

RizzoWashburn
04-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Geographically I believe that's correct.

I feel for you. I'm still bitter over New Hampshire and Portsmouth, Virginia and Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
You shouldn't be. Portsmouth, New Hampshire smells like fish anyways.

lateraluspiral
04-08-2009, 04:46 PM
New Jersey is the worst place I've ever been, ever.

Mitchell?
04-08-2009, 04:53 PM
I make fun of New Jersey all the time, but Jersey Shore is 'aight.

skaterskagg1
04-08-2009, 04:56 PM
i was born in new jersey and lived there till i was four. i'd never go back there though.

Jackolas
04-08-2009, 05:10 PM
"-"Jersey girls" do not look like cheap *****s with 80's-looking hair"

FFS. :(

Korosu
04-08-2009, 05:25 PM
http://user10337.websitewizard.com/images/guidos_small.jpg
This is why.

SGstriker
05-13-2009, 09:05 PM
I hate New Jersey because it spawned Bon Jovi. :puke:

ShestShestShest
05-13-2009, 09:06 PM
because driving through new jersey in a convertible is like having unprotected sex with a prostitute.

Vandals572
05-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Ok so how many of you have actually been to new jersey :rolleyes:

edit: Why did this get bumped like 4 months :confused:

ShestShestShest
05-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Ok so how many of you have actually been to new jersey :rolleyes:

actually i have. and it's not that bad i don't see anything wrong with it. i suppose it may have something to do with the people there though. i visited some university and all the girls looked exactly the same. all the guys were dressed in polos with popped colors and gel'd hair talking about "bros and guitar hero + beer" but the state itself aint half bad.

as far as i know.

Vandals572
05-13-2009, 09:30 PM
I guess it depends where you are. In my high school, or town for that matter, there's really no 'guidos' that I can think of off the top of my head.

Lol except this one time these 3 guidos from new york were randomly in our town (about 45 mins from NYC) and tried to start **** with us. That was funny.