I want to create technical death metal so bad right now

PDA

View Full Version : I want to create technical death metal so bad right now

Master_Student
12-12-2008, 10:13 PM
With all my family issues and girl problems and with school etc ect I have so much anger inside of me. I would just be sitting there in school thinking about how the girl I really like right now doesn't even like me back. It just gets me so upset. So many emotions go through my head at once. Then I just imagine hearing my favorite TDM songs in my head with all the growling and fast pace **** going on. I even take my pencil and start blast beating with it. It makes me want to just play that ****, but I can't because I'm still not good enough. But I want to write this **** so bad.

How do I start writing this great music? It's gotten to the point where I don't give two ****s what anyone says or thinks anymore. I really don't care. I get no pussy anyway and I hardly have any friends as is so might as well make TDM. You guys got any tips?

VampireGoldfish
12-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Hehe

Stranglehold
12-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Ignore the troll, children.

Master_Student
12-12-2008, 10:18 PM
And I'm a troll......how?

basspunk709
12-12-2008, 10:18 PM
just practice dude!!!
thats all it takes man...

you dont happen to live
in central new york do ya???:D

Stranglehold
12-12-2008, 10:19 PM
And I'm a troll......how?

Because you live under a bridge.

VampireGoldfish
12-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Ignore the troll, children.

Practicing restraint and following reason is not the strong point of these forums my good man.

imnotinsane
check out between the buried and me or arsis or even psycroptoc... and dude im honestly sorry about ur life sucking right now

JBizzle Da Truf
well, people definitions of great music differ, but in your case, use your emotions in a good way towards music, not shooting rampages. <-- (dark humor)

Master_Student
12-12-2008, 10:22 PM
That's the thing tho I'm horrible at song writing. I have never come up with anything creative or a riff I didn't end up hating a week later.

Stranglehold
12-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Practicing restraint and following reason is not the strong point of these forums my good man.

You passed the test ;)

Seriously though, this place is turning into the pit.

algemar
12-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Well, at least you've already got the lyrics started. Your post is perfect material

It should go something like this:

VERSE
With all my family issues and girl problems and with school
...I have so much anger inside of me...
the girl I really like right now doesn't even like me back.
It just gets me so upset.
So many emotions go through my head at once.

CHORUS
Then I ...hear... my favorite ...songs in my head
...It makes me want to just play that ****,
but I can't because I'm still not good enough!

(I Suck) (My life Sucks)

I really don't care.
I get no pussy anyway and
I ...have (no) friends

(I Suck) (My Life Sucks)

You could call the song "I Suck (My Life Sucks)"

And the album name should be "I get no pussy anyway"

And a good band name would be the Emotions, or just Emo for short.

stephen_rettie
12-12-2008, 10:26 PM
With all my family issues and girl problems and with school etc ect I have so much anger inside of me. I would just be sitting there in school thinking about how the girl I really like right now doesn't even like me back. It just gets me so upset. So many emotions go through my head at once. Then I just imagine hearing my favorite TDM songs in my head with all the growling and fast pace **** going on. I even take my pencil and start blast beating with it. It makes me want to just play that ****, but I can't because I'm still not good enough. But I want to write this **** so bad.

How do I start writing this great music? It's gotten to the point where I don't give two ****s what anyone says or thinks anymore. I really don't care. I get no pussy anyway and I hardly have any friends as is so might as well make TDM. You guys got any tips?

sounds more like you want to write some emo

Master_Student
12-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Well, at least you've already got the lyrics started.

It should go something like this:

That's not really what I had in mind for lyrics, but thanks for the input :confused:

algemar
12-12-2008, 10:29 PM
That's not really what I had in mind for lyrics, but thanks for the input :confused:

Haha I'm just messing with you. But in all seriousness, you say that you want to create technical death metal, but that you can't play it yet. By no means do I wish to put you down, but you really have to learn how to play before you can emulate.

UGROQFAN
12-12-2008, 10:29 PM
ehh...Just tremolo pick the low strings,tap alot,get pissed,mess around and down tune your guitar!
And write down everything! Incase you make something you like!

basspunk709
12-12-2008, 10:42 PM
That's the thing tho I'm horrible at song writing. I have never come up with anything creative or a riff I didn't end up hating a week later.

i think that happens to everyone dude...
i write alot of riffs i dont like but if you stick
with them and make something out of them
they might grow on you....

also dont listen to everyone calling you emo
just cause your having a ****ty time...cheer up dude..

also i forget who said it but theyre right...basically just
tremolo pick the low strings...a good interval is 1-5-6

try that

Tapping_Ninja
12-12-2008, 10:44 PM

To be honest sometimes it's best to use generic riffs... Just remeber one thing, it doesn't matter how fast, how technichal or how generic it is... As long as it sounds bad ass you should use it.

But if you want to play Tech Death you're going to have to find common things that your favorite bands do.

dminishedthingy
12-12-2008, 10:48 PM
This guy doesn't amuse me anymore.

Stranglehold
12-12-2008, 10:48 PM
The people giving him emotional support are quite amusing, as was the chord progression advice :haha

Master_Student
12-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Haha I'm just messing with you. But in all seriousness, you say that you want to create technical death metal, but that you can't play it yet. By no means do I wish to put you down, but you really have to learn how to play before you can emulate.

Ya bro I'm trying, but it is hard ****

Anyways here are some examples of what I want to create:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UKWi5eSC0g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXOIVWGym_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1FivvPQIUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK-JiyDbp7E

UGROQFAN
12-12-2008, 10:51 PM
I forgot to say use pinch harmonics after a riff! And make it kinda high pitched! It makes me wanna mosh knowing a heavy riff comes right after!
And screw it if everyone calls you emo,It used to mean A PERSON WHO GOT EMOTIONAL WITH WRITING MUSIC!!! Now it just means a kid who cuts himself and is a scene kid =/

Tehzekester
12-12-2008, 10:55 PM
I forgot to say use pinch harmonics after a riff! And make it kinda high pitched! It makes me wanna mosh knowing a heavy riff comes right after!
And screw it if everyone calls you emo,It used to mean A PERSON WHO GOT EMOTIONAL WITH WRITING MUSIC!!! Now it just means a kid who cuts himself and is a scene kid =/
yeah bro me too!

Stranglehold
12-12-2008, 11:01 PM

Were you smashing beer cans off your forehead when you wrote this?

Also, damn the 250 character sig limit...

UGROQFAN
12-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Wrote what? The riff idea for the real term for emo?

UGROQFAN
12-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Sorry I put a f in front of the or but I meant"riff idea or reall trem for emo"

dminishedthingy
12-12-2008, 11:08 PM
The current state of this forum is quite depressing.

The Evil Hat
12-12-2008, 11:34 PM
you know, you could always make like, non technical death metal. i know, it's a weird idea. Seriously though, why start your own band? you could always just join an existing one. like Decapitated.

Tehzekester
12-12-2008, 11:35 PM
you know, you could always make like, non technical death metal. i know, it's a weird idea. Seriously though, why start your own band? you could always just join an existing one. like Decapitated.
Yeah man. You could get in Decapitated.

Master_Student
12-12-2008, 11:36 PM

Straight up Death Metal is boring as **** tho

The Evil Hat
12-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Straight up Death Metal is boring as **** tho

VampireGoldfish
12-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Funny stuff.

Master_Student
12-12-2008, 11:44 PM

OK this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjBL16XoDXM

Compared to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC-4ZRkVnOM

Pretty big difference

Come on buddy you know this stuff

VampireGoldfish
12-12-2008, 11:46 PM
The hilarity continues.....

The Evil Hat
12-12-2008, 11:47 PM
you have to be kidding me. you're saying that MORBID ANGEL is boring compared to BENEATH THE MASSACRE? WTF? tech death, save two or three exceptional bands, is awful. it no longer about song writing, but rather about how fast one can sweep. how entertaining. if i wanted to listen to 200 BPM scale practice...well, then i guess i would. but tech death is boring for the most part.

VampireGoldfish
12-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Give up the battle mine feuer Panzer.

It's like teaching algebra to a sandwich.

The Evil Hat
12-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Give up the battle mine feuer Panzer.

It's like teaching algebra to a sandwich.
:haha

I suppose you're right. With a comparison like that, being wrong would violate every rule of forum arguing. if it's funny, it's right. living by that, i know surrender this argument. (but not Morbid Angel. they're too awesome for that.)

Master_Student
12-12-2008, 11:53 PM
you have to be kidding me. you're saying that MORBID ANGEL is boring compared to BENEATH THE MASSACRE? WTF? tech death, save two or three exceptional bands, is awful. it no longer about song writing, but rather about how fast one can sweep. how entertaining. if i wanted to listen to 200 BPM scale practice...well, then i guess i would. but tech death is boring for the most part.

Look I'm not saying all DM bands are boring, but I'd rather listen to technical DM. It's more interesting and has more **** going on. And makes me go "hmmm that was interesting" or "wow that sounds pretty good." Of course some bands go a bit overboard with it, but that does not make TDM horrible.

Magero
12-12-2008, 11:56 PM
This guy doesn't amuse me anymore.
This.

diminishedtobme
12-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Listen to moar BRAIN DRILL!11!!1!!1