Disappointed in people

PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in people

DTReverance
12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Why all the hate for Hardcore and metalcore? I know this has probably been done to death but I just don't understand why Metal fans in general hate metalcore so bad. Don't get me wrong, I started on Linkin Park, moved backwards to Metallica and Slayer, and then forward again to Metalcore like A7x's Waken the Fallen. I am a fan of ALL metal type musical genres. Surely as guitar players we can all appreciate the difficulty and complexity in all these types of music. With the exception of Classical guitar, metal and metal hybrids have the most difficult guitar of all genres. Let's learn to love them all :o. Sorry for this random tangent but I just wanted to post an opinion on the matter.

Thank you all for your time.

Siege of Power
12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
But 98% of metalcore isnt the most skilled form of guitar
and its gay
but i do agree, even people who dont like metal should at least appreciate that fact that Thrash and some Death metal guitarists have more talent in their ring finger than in the majority of the population's entire body

zayG
12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
almost nobody hates on real hardcore, most metal fans also listen to a fair amount

but most "metalcore" is garbage, which is why there is so much hate

webbtje
12-14-2008, 08:13 PM
We only hate it when it crops up constantly in the metal forum, with n00bs starting threads on metalcore bands constantly. I actually have nothing against it (well, most of it).

You'd be pissed off if there were Cannibal Corpse threads starting in the hardcore forum all the time :p:

But 98% of metalcore isnt the most skilled form of guitar
and its gay
but i do agree, even people who dont like metal should at least appreciate that fact that Thrash and some Death metal guitarists have more talent in their ring finger than in the majority of the population's entire body

This person does not represent the metal forum regulars. Or, more depressingly, maybe he does.

Guitarfreak777
12-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Glad to see some respect for us Classical guitarists!

Anyhow on topic, most people hate what they don't like. Most complain that "It all sounds the same." Which may be plausible for some it isn't for all the bands in that genre.

People just like hatin'

DTReverance
12-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't care I mean look at a band like Avenged Sevenfold. They belong in about three different forums here. I'm not saying that metalcore is insanely difficult like Dream Theater or something. I'm just saying that they do have some skill and any knowledgeable guitar player should know this. And as for people saying something is easy, there is a big difference between playing a difficult song and writing one.

cheez1492
12-14-2008, 08:16 PM
just don't worry about genre's and what not and listen to what you want

who gives a **** what people think about your musical taste.

remember, people listen to the jonas brothers too

elprimodejesus
12-14-2008, 08:17 PM
i agree
i think it's mainly the fact that metalcore is so popular unlike the genres that many metalhead elitists mainly support (like death metal and black metal) and many of the "metalcore" bands stray away from the traditional sense of what is considered to be "metal" and so it becomes a stereotype that all metalcore bands must be chorus-abusing queers,breakdown-whoring cumdumpsters
although many bands that are thought of as metalcore truly have metal backgrounds, such as As I Lay Dying, Trivium, Chimaira, Unearth, and Job For a Cowboy [to name a few biggies]

DTReverance
12-14-2008, 08:19 PM
i agree
i think it's mainly the fact that metalcore is so popular unlike the genres that many metalhead elitists mainly support (like death metal and black metal) and many of the "metalcore" bands stray away from the traditional sense of what is considered to be "metal" and so it becomes a stereotype that all metalcore bands must be chorus-abusing queers,breakdown-whoring cumdumpsters
although many bands that are thought of as metalcore truly have metal backgrounds, such as As I Lay Dying, Trivium, Chimaira, Unearth, and Job For a Cowboy [to name a few biggies]

I don't understand why straying away from traditional metal is so bad. I don't want to hear a bunch of Metallica clones, I want to hear a new sounding band.

Ktool The Girth
12-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Why all the hate for Hardcore and metalcore? I know this has probably been done to death but I just don't understand why Metal fans in general hate metalcore so bad. Don't get me wrong, I started on Linkin Park, moved backwards to Metallica and Slayer, and then forward again to Metalcore like A7x's Waken the Fallen. I am a fan of ALL metal type musical genres. Surely as guitar players we can all appreciate the difficulty and complexity in all these types of music. With the exception of Classical guitar, metal and metal hybrids have the most difficult guitar of all genres. Let's learn to love them all :o. Sorry for this random tangent but I just wanted to post an opinion on the matter.

Thank you all for your time.
Flamenco is pretty hard too. Im sure theres some more thats harder than metal, but thats not really the point.
Also, I hate how people confuse talent with practice. Imo, anyone can learn to brutally shred if they put the time in. But it takes talent to be able to write and compose a song that sounds good. People, especially metal elitists, tend to forget that last part.

DTReverance
12-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Flamenco is pretty hard too. Im sure theres some more thats harder than metal, but thats not really the point.
Also, I hate how people confuse talent with practice. Imo, anyone can learn to brutally shred if they put the time in. But it takes talent to be able to write and compose a song that sounds good. People, especially metal elitists, tend to forget that last part.

Yeah there are lots harder than metal. I suppose I phrased that incorrectly. I agree with what you are saying.

elprimodejesus
12-14-2008, 08:31 PM
I don't understand why straying away from traditional metal is so bad. I don't want to hear a bunch of Metallica clones, I want to hear a new sounding band.

Yeah I agree
It's cause people are closed-minded and don't like new things I guess, idk
I just mainly think it's because the genre is getting popular and elitists must get mad at someone or something that gets popular

webbtje
12-14-2008, 08:33 PM

I get somewhat tired of the As I Lay Dying clones, don't you? Pretty much every criticism of metal can be applied to metalcore, and vice-versa.

DTReverance
12-14-2008, 08:34 PM
I get somewhat tired of the As I Lay Dying clones, don't you? Pretty much every criticism of metal can be applied to metalcore, and vice-versa.

Indeed. I was just using Metallica as an example. Clones in general are irritating.

zayG
12-14-2008, 08:47 PM
this thread is ****ing horrible

DTReverance
12-14-2008, 08:49 PM

Thank you. Please exit the way you entered. Don't let the door hit your ass ;)

Seb1uk
12-14-2008, 09:01 PM
There are just too many metalcore bands that sound the same. It's easy music to write, they're like FPSs in the gaming world. Developers create FPSs because they're safe games to make and there will always be people interested in it. There are generic metalcore riffs that sound good but are easy to come up with which will appeal to the masses. There are quite a few great more unique metalcore bands, but there are just a lot that sound the same.

Manos15
12-14-2008, 09:22 PM
QFT

pmeg568c
12-14-2008, 09:26 PM
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/1341/1193838025470pd4.jpg

Garden_Of_Light
12-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Thank you. Please exit the way you entered. Don't let the door hit your ass ;)

you're not helping.
make some toast in the bath.

DTReverance
12-14-2008, 09:33 PM
you're not helping.
make some toast in the bath.

ur mom