My progressive rock

PDA

View Full Version : My progressive rock

NeonTerror
02-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Let me start of by saying I am not a Guitarist, bassist or drummer. I don't know much about bass or guitar, so I didn't do anything fancy in GP like muting, harmonics, etc. I just enjoy writing music.

I would like any criticism I can get. I tried real hard to keep the song groovy and flowing with odd timings. Sometimes the drums are playing different timing then the riffs, etc. I just enjoy all that stuff :)

This is a song I am writing for my project, TIWTMM, its not done by any means.

Again, thank you and please crit!

CapnKickass
02-03-2009, 12:45 AM
So far, neato. Good job and keep going.

NeonTerror
02-03-2009, 01:07 AM
:) There is going to be keys too, but I haven't gotten to them yet, and the blues breakdown is going to be later in the song, I just included it.

Hadeed
02-03-2009, 01:16 AM
awesome composition dude, nice transitions and i liked what u did to change the tone of the drum kit to sound more realistic. I would have liked odd time sigs, i see u used intersesting rhythms so I can see that u have a general idea on making cool rhythms. see if u can play around with time changes.

tiammetadeth
02-03-2009, 01:50 AM
nice work,
for someone who doesnt play those instruments, u have a very good understanding for it...
nice work with the bass, the basslines at 1:20 is great, very good transition here...
good luck with the rest of your project!

crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1056844

Quicksand15
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
sounds very good - i think you should start playing an instrument!

NeonTerror
02-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Thank you guys so much. I actually always wanted to be a guitarist when I was younger but broke my arm and it never fully recovered. My wrist is unable to turn fully, so playing guitar is extremely hard. Instead of putting my fingers down, I have to move my whole hand to get to a note.