Worth finishing? [Pop-Jazz?,GP5, MID]

PDA

View Full Version : Worth finishing? [Pop-Jazz?,GP5, MID]

Daneeka
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
I wanted to make a happier piece yesterday, but now i don't know that whether is this worth finishing or not. Also someone could find a genree for it. :) Thanks :cheers:

(That last note on the 22fret high e, is not intended, it just a reminder that later i should take the solo to that direction)

Madzää
02-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Iīd say this is a Pop with Fusion influence piece. I can see where you come with your "Jazzy" thinking, but it isnīt quite jazzy. Itīs repetive, tho. Even with vocals, 1 more riff wouldnīt hurt. I see itīs not finished, but please, put more riffs in it. Just because U2 could make a song with 1 riff, doesnīt mean you should. Is there a reason you didnīt/ rarely use cymbals in this song? It kind of feels empty without them. But overall, quite a good song, actually. Please let me know when you finish the song :) For some Pop-Jazz, as you called it, check out some of Pat Methenyīs stuff as sideman (for example Norah Jones).

Mind taking a listen?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1047636

rodrigomierh
02-07-2009, 03:22 PM
The main riff kind of gets boring at the beginning, until the solo kicks in. You should add something else at the beginning to break the repetitiveness. The solo is great, it really flow with the song. I think you should finish this, sounds good, and about the genre, I'm not sure, but it's the kind of song that would be played at the dentist or something. Anyway, good job.

Mind critting mine?(New one in sig) Thanks.