Creator of the Universe IV (Prog PostHardcore) [GP5,4,MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Creator of the Universe IV (Prog PostHardcore) [GP5,4,MIDI]

The Spoon
02-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Hey everybody.

My band finished our first song this morning. We've been working on it for about 4 months. We're called The Midnight Crowd and we're a three-piece.
if you want to be the first to know when we record this, add the myspace:
www.myspace.com/themidnightcrowd

this song is part of a concept EP called Creator of the Universe. If you want the story, then PM me or something

the drums may sound empty because i was too lazy to put in a bass drum. The drummer is better at drums than I am at guitar pro which is why there are no fills or anything.

Also, ignore the fact it says its in DROP A, the bassist was being dumb. Its in standard tuning.

Um yeah, thats pretty much it. Just listen and leave a crit, I will return it.

Enjoy :)

UPDATE: If you have no desire to extract a guitar pro or MIDI file, then check out the myspace link for the MP3 of the guitar pro version. no downloads or extraction required. but still crit it, if you have the time

aggiefan33
02-07-2009, 09:13 PM
I really enjoyed it, but I hope your bassist has fun playing that, especially the last few measures, haha.

The Spoon
02-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Thank you :)

Yeah, his hand didnt fall off after practice, so i think he'll be okay. As for my hands though....

thanks for taking the time to listen to it. you got anything that needs critting? ill be happy to do it

creeping.death!
02-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Pretty cool. The bass is fucking insane, you must have a really good bassist. You have some really cool licks going on in there, the guitar work is quite good. The only thing I didn't like that much were the drums, too much cymbal, not really my cup of tea.

Overall, I give it an 8.

Would you mind to crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060614

huevos
02-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Very impressive. I remember that first part (up until measure 68). You and your band did a good job with the rest of the song. It's hyper-prog and such. The tremolo picked part is very nice. I like the triplets on the 3rd & 4th beats in that area. That's what gives it that "prog" feeling.

You can't tell me that the leads starting at 116 aren't Protest inspired. I hear it.
156 reminds me of Kekal for a second there. Idk about this part. It's good tho.

168 is like the Palms Read power chord outro. Rody is singing about not "...knowing where we came from. For a million years...". I get a visual of the COTU in that portion. Good job.

Y'all have some powerful songwriting chops and dynamics. You switch it up at the right time. Nao, if you could just actually play this behemoth without dying.

The Spoon
02-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Very impressive. I remember that first part (up until measure 68). You and your band did a good job with the rest of the song. It's hyper-prog and such. The tremolo picked part is very nice. I like the triplets on the 3rd & 4th beats in that area. That's what gives it that "prog" feeling.

You can't tell me that the leads starting at 116 aren't Protest inspired. I hear it.
156 reminds me of Kekal for a second there. Idk about this part. It's good tho.

168 is like the Palms Read power chord outro. Rody is singing about not "...knowing where we came from. For a million years...". I get a visual of the COTU in that portion. Good job.

Y'all have some powerful songwriting chops and dynamics. You switch it up at the right time. Nao, if you could just actually play this behemoth without dying.
I knew you would like it :D

My bassist wrote everything from 68-around120. I wrote the drums for it. Yeah, hes really influenced by PTH. that riff kinda reminds me of the solo thing after the first chorus in Bloodmeat. It uses the same notes i think.

About 156 reminding you of kekal...i have no idea what that means, but you shouldve heard the original buildup of the ending. it sucked and was boring. that part worked much better, imo.

We're working on the not dying part.

Pretty cool. The bass is fucking insane, you must have a really good bassist. You have some really cool licks going on in there, the guitar work is quite good. The only thing I didn't like that much were the drums, too much cymbal, not really my cup of tea.

Overall, I give it an 8.

Would you mind to crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060614
I critted yours. Your song grew on me since my crit. I really like it

Yeah, the bassist wanted to have some really technical parts, but he can surpisingly play them all. I can play most of mine too.

Yeah, the drums suck in this because I hate programming drums for Guitar Pro.

I like having lots of cymbal though, it makes the song sound louder :p: I think you bring up a good point too, we should have some variation on the drums instead of cymbal all the time

aggiefan33
02-08-2009, 02:10 PM
thanks for taking the time to listen to it. you got anything that needs critting? ill be happy to do it
no problem. i don't have anything as of right now, but i have many bits and pieces that i might arrange into a few songs someday, if my band will actually practice them, :)

Gizmo Factory
02-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Pretty proggy song, nice.

The riff's don't get boring, but I don't really like them. They don't exactly recycle notes, but you keep the rhythm 100% and I could not see myself thorwing down, or headbanging or anything. The drums are really not that tight. I know you said that your drummer's better, but I'm critting what you presented here, and it's not that good. That crash is literally obnoxious man, you should like let it ring though, or something.

At measure 68 when the ringing came in, it wasn't so nice. The drums and everything coming in made it tight. I liked that part. Good stuff.

The song was good, got slightly boring and repetitive.

Also, I checked out your myspace and you guys seem to brag a lot about this stuff. It's tight, but you should be modest more, even if you are joking, not trying to be a douche or anything, but you know how arrogance can sometimes seem negative.

Gizmo Factory
02-08-2009, 04:14 PM

The riff's don't get boring, but I don't really like them. They don't exactly recycle notes, but you keep the rhythm 100% and I could not see myself thorwing down, or headbanging or anything. The drums are really not that tight. I know you said that your drummer's better, but I'm critting what you presented here, and it's not that good. That crash is literally obnoxious man, you should like let it ring though, or something.

At measure 68 when the ringing came in, it wasn't so nice. The drums and everything coming in made it tight. I liked that part. Good stuff.

Also, I checked out your myspace and you guys seem to brag a lot about this stuff. It's tight, but you should be modest more, even if you are joking, not trying to be a douche or anything, but you know how arrogance can sometimes seem negative.

song = 8/10. Good riffs, but the whole sound was slighlty repetitive.

The Spoon
02-08-2009, 04:56 PM

song = 8/10. Good riffs, but the whole sound was slighlty repetitive.
Well thank you for the crit. :)

Yeah, you're right about the drums sucking and everything. I probably should have spent more time on it, but i got a little excited and impatient.

Yeah, we're just joking around. We're not trying to be douchebags and we definately dont think we're the ****. when i wrote the about me, the songs on the player were REALLLLY bad. so i wrote that, and back then it was funny because of how bad the songs were. now that we have a decent song, it just makes us look cocky, so i see what you're saying

I love that you reviewed it even though you didnt like it too much. that sounded sarcastic, but really im glad you did, because you showed me where we can improve and such.

no problem. i don't have anything as of right now, but i have many bits and pieces that i might arrange into a few songs someday, if my band will actually practice them, :)
Definately try to write some songs. its really rewarding :)

let me know when you do, id love to hear em

HWFG1
02-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Wow. I can't crit much, as there's not much to crit. The cymbals are a bit overbearing, and the change at bar 156 is kind of abrupt. I mean, it fits, but, in a way, it seems like it doesn't. Your bassist must have fun playing this. 'Tis great, though

Crit mine? (Either of the ones in the sig)

The Spoon
02-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Wow. I can't crit much, as there's not much to crit. The cymbals are a bit overbearing, and the change at bar 156 is kind of abrupt. I mean, it fits, but, in a way, it seems like it doesn't. Your bassist must have fun playing this. 'Tis great, though

Crit mine? (Either of the ones in the sig)
Yeah, ill definately mix up the drums before we record this, so the cymbals dont get annoying

Yeah, my bassist has fun with this haha.

Oh, and i critted yours :)