Down Under [Ballad] [GP5, GP4, MIDI] [C4C]

PDA

View Full Version : Down Under [Ballad] [GP5, GP4, MIDI] [C4C]

HWFG1
02-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Right, so, I dunno exactly what to call this. I'm pretty sure it's a ballad, though I've no idea where the lyrics came from. I posted an audio recording of the guitar a few weeks ago, and decided I'd post the full thing for crit. Anyways, give a listen, tell me what you think, leave a link, and I'll return the favor =D

EDIT: I updated it a few posts down

creeping.death!
02-08-2009, 10:22 PM
The acoustic riff is good, and I really liked the solo. The last piano part feels kinda empty, I think you should make it the other way around: start with bass and end the song with only the piano. Also, the drums should be a bit louder, since you can barely hear them.
It's a pretty short song, too. I'd add a second verse after the solo.

Overall it has potential but it needs work.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060614

Gizmo Factory
02-09-2009, 04:35 PM
100% beautiful man. Thanks for critting my song, by the way.

Okay this was nice and clean as hell. The solo was beautiful and fit with the song; the lyrics were great. You should write another verse, though, and change up that piano a bit at the end. It seems a little empty, as creeping.death! above me said.

10/10, for the length, it was absolutely smooth and I liked it a lot.

HWFG1
02-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks guys! I'm working on a second verse, it's slowly coming along.

Seth Shadows
02-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Dude, I wanna see the finished product so bad.
I'll wait out and crit then.

Besides this: there are very few things id change in the solo, and id make the vocals an octave higher.

HWFG1
02-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Okay, so, I added the instrumentation for a second verse, and another solo/lead thing, and upped the vocals an octave. Haven't gotten around to lyrics, but, I'm working on it.