Before The Curtains Undraw (Progressive/Experimental Rock) (GP5 GP4 MIDI C4C)i

PDA

View Full Version : Before The Curtains Undraw (Progressive/Experimental Rock) (GP5 GP4 MIDI C4C)i

SOADisdabest
02-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Hey guys, this is my latest piece, it's a bit short, and I do intend on extending it, but for now I'm going to leave it as it is, since I feel like if I try and force anything from it, it will begin to deteriorate in quality. RSE is a must for this, headphones are also a plus. If I've done what I was hoping to do with this piece, it should be very different to anything you've heard before, yet still retain musical qualities. I'm a bit iffy about the first transition, so for now that's a bit of a placeholder until I can think of something better, if I get around to it.

PS: If anybody would like to help me extend this by adding a solo at the end, please feel free to do so, I'm horrible when it comes to solos.

FFTLxx
02-10-2009, 07:27 AM
That is the most epic / amazing thing i've heard from a Uger, the intro is really amazing.
At bar 53 I was expecting a huge chord progression thing, like a really powerful chord prog, perhaps the chords you used in the intro?
Either way it's powerful.

The Grem
02-10-2009, 09:44 PM
This was pretty good. Bass was off the hook. Some of the time the harmonies didn't match up, but thats gp's fault not yours. Happens to me sometimes when saving and uploading. I didn't like the drums from bar 31-43, Im not really sure what was supposed to be going on there. If it were my song I would change the drums, as I feel they dont do the song justice in that part.

Wah-wah part was so cool.

DiminishedFifth
02-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Here we go... critting as I listen.

Bar 1: Very ominous yet soothing at the same time. I like your use of 7th chords. Very good stuff. So far, it seems like easy listening. The drums, when they come in, add a very nice rhythm to the song.

Bar 9: I really like the guitar at this section. And the bass line here is very nice and active. When the drums change to be more active it feels like it's starting to pick up pace, but then it gets to bar 26. Very nice. It sounds really good so far.

When the electric kicks in it gives it a very weird sound... it reminds me of forests for some reason.

The bass at bar 43 is really cool. I like it alot. And it does something weird... it likes goes inbetween my speakers for some reason... I dunno but it's cool.

The bass and drum interlude is really good. A very nice transition into the guitars. It reminds me of Final Fantasy battle music now!

I will totally make a solo for this... just gimme a little bit mmkay? It won't take me too long :] What kind of solo do you want anyways? Slow and melodic? Fast?

10/10 this is really good. I really liked this song. I can't find anything wrong with it. i think this would make a great intro for a show.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062708
If you want to hear my solo style, check out the song I gave you.

HWFG1
02-10-2009, 10:10 PM
That was pretty amazing.

The intro was great. It built up nicely. The transition from the intro to the next part though seems...odd. (Maybe it's just because I'm on a laptop and thus using horrible speakers, though) The bass is very involved, instead of just following the guitar, which is great, and when the guitars re-enter after the bass/drum duet thing, it just screams awesomeness.

Crit one of mine? (They be in the sig)

creeping.death!
02-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Good song. The first part is amazing, I especially like the drums here. The part with the electric guitar sounds really good too, although it sounds a bit odd. The glockenspiel here was kinda...unexpected, but it adds a nice touch to the song.
The bass in the next part is just insane (needs to be louder though).

Keep working on it, it's a great song :cheers:

C4C? It's the link in my sig.

SOADisdabest
02-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I will totally make a solo for this... just gimme a little bit mmkay? It won't take me too long :] What kind of solo do you want anyways? Slow and melodic? Fast?

10/10 this is really good. I really liked this song. I can't find anything wrong with it. i think this would make a great intro for a show.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062708
If you want to hear my solo style, check out the song I gave you.

Thanks! :D As for the solo, whatever flows, man.

And thanks to everybody else too, I'll get round to critting yours as soon as possible.

huevos
02-13-2009, 03:49 AM
That was a nice piece. The intro was very mellow and spacy.
The melody in this portion is quite soothing.
I must say that entrance of the distorted guitar is somewhat off-kilter. I think that you should have capitalized more on the clean part before introducing the rhythm guitar.
That, and the bass should be more pronounced.

Your transitioning between riffs is great. The mounting energy creates an air of urgency, as well as pushing the song forward. It's just a little bit short, so I'm assuming it's not finished. At this point, you could fashion an intense song if you continue to work on it.

If you got the time, crit Licked_Salt for me. It's in the Mein Comps link.

reaper_x
02-13-2009, 04:15 AM
WOWOWOWOW.

BASS IS FREAKING AWESOME.

This song sounds rather spooky, but god dammit, I wish I could write like that :(

My favourite bit would HAVE to be bars 45 - 52. Just gives off this excellent "you're being watched feeling" lol.

Amazing song, man. Amazing.
10/10 for sure.

Crit mine? It's called "And It Came From The Clouds". I just uploaded it a while ago, shouldn't be too hard to find. :)

DAMN YOU FOR BEING THIS GOOD.

ctb
02-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I don't have RSE ok. I don't want it either. :p:

Ok, I LOVE the intro. It's blissful, building up into something great.
When it gets distorted and the whol song kicks in, I loved that too.
Then it sort of, 'dies' in my opinion.

I thought it was very Fall Of Troy-esque.