...And We Lose Ourselves (Hard Rock??) [gp5, gp4, midi]

PDA

View Full Version : ...And We Lose Ourselves (Hard Rock??) [gp5, gp4, midi]

arcains_valor
02-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I wrote the intro, verse I, chorus, and verse II a long time ago. I wrote the rest like a month ago or so. I just wanted some outside opinions on this song. I would greatly appreciate anything you have to offer. Just as a little side note, I was gonna end the song before the breakdown, but I added the breakdown just for fun, so yeah, I'm not sure whether it should stay or not.

G-loony
02-11-2009, 01:40 AM
First thing i noticed: Is that pre chorus, I don't think it should be inbetween there, Sinds right for the pre chorus you made it go up already to climax for the pretty hard chorus W/ distortion.

But thats imo.

And i think the breakdown sounds too hard for this song, maybe another clean breakdown ? or pull of a Laila - Eric Clapton. And just solo for 5 min :p

Oh and in the breakdown you wrote 8-5 But IMO that really sounds bad when you do it on a real guitar.

arcains_valor
02-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks for your input, I'll definately think about the pre-chorus ting. And just to make sure, that's a no on the breakdown right? And you think a solo will be good there, or do you think it should just end with that last F# powerchord just before the breakdown starts?

Progbass92
02-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Pretty good but didn't blow me away. I did really enjoy the clean verse parts but the rest of the parts sounded generic "insert genre here -core" (sorry that was kinda harsh). The solos were simple but sounded good. Just work on making your riffs a little less repetitive. If you can, make some of them eight measures long instead of four. Doing that will rid your song of repetition and make it much more interesting especially in the parts without vocals.

Imperial Throg
02-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I thought that was really good. The Intro was really good as far as catching my attention- harmony here well done. The clean parts throughout the song were excellent and the chorus was pretty good. I didn;t really like verse 2 though, seemed a bit boring compared to the rest of it. The wee bit before the solo, where the octaves go up seemed to kind of come out of nowhere. The solo was pretty good although the timing seemed not quite right at times, I'm assuming it works out on a real guitar, rhythm for the solo was good. The solo 2 "heaviness" seemed to come out of nowhere too, it would I think sound awesome if you ended solo 1 going up to a climax, that maybe ends with a bend into solo 2 if you know what I mean, solo 2 good solo, again timing seemed a wee bit off at times, probably just the triplets doing that. Final Chorus was good, then outro was okay, a bit samey as everything else, and the harmony I don;t really think sounded quite right.

Overall I thought it was a pretty awesome song, although with a few wee flaws

creeping.death!
02-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Nice intro. The harmony is good. The clean guitar in the first verse and the pre-chorus were both really good, but I'm gonna have to agree with Progbass92 here, the rest sounds really generic to be honest. I mean, it doesn't stand out of all the -core we get in here.
The first solo is great, and although I didn't like the 2nd one as much, it's still good.
The outro isn't bad, but it is unnecessary imo. I would end it at bar 129.

Overall: Meh, it's not a bad song, but it isn't really my cup of tea.

soundgarden1986
02-15-2009, 11:17 AM
I liked it up until the chorus. From there on it was very generic. The guitar in the first verse is easily my favorite part of the song. I mean, it's good for what it is, but there are already like 900 bands doing the same thing. I give it around a 6.5/10. Decent, but nothing really memorable.

Crit mine?: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18629096#post18629096