Light the Fire - some kinda of metal

PDA

View Full Version : Light the Fire - some kinda of metal

Demonology
02-11-2009, 03:19 AM
I really like it and am proud of it, it has more structure than most of my songs but isn't the boring old 'intro verse chorus verse chorus bridge verse chorus outro'

I'm just looking for advice if you have any way to improve it, especially the drums.

I didn't add bass because it would just be underlining the guitar, so I saw no point in it until I actually record it. (but if you think some awesome bass riffs would sound good in there, don't keep to yourself!)

Thanks!

MattAnderson111
02-11-2009, 04:05 AM
Put it in a ZIP file folder, just right click on your desktop like you'd make a new folder, go down the list and you'll see ZIP folder.

Demonology
02-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Thanks mate, I'm using a mac so I didn't know how to make a .zip but seeing your post made me want to try again and I found the option.

Updated post with GP4, GP5, MIDI

Peace~

EclipseNine
02-11-2009, 05:04 AM
I'm diggin it. as for the bass, most record producers do the same thing! hahaha, burn to the bass! I would really like to hear this song in non midi form, thats the only advice I can offer. I want to hear this played for real.

Demonology
02-11-2009, 05:32 AM
Yeah, I gotta get it down first though, still a bit messy lol.

I hate it when I write songs and have to practice them, but then again if you didn't have to practice the songs you wrote I guess you could play anything :P

EclipseNine
02-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I gotta get it down first though, still a bit messy lol.

I hate it when I write songs and have to practice them, but then again if you didn't have to practice the songs you wrote I guess you could play anything :P
very good point, but I agree. you write this kickass song and it may take a week to get it down even though you were the one who wrote it.