Slow Dance in a burning Building (Blues with Jazz Progressions) (Gp5, Gp4, Midi)

PDA

View Full Version : Slow Dance in a burning Building (Blues with Jazz Progressions) (Gp5, Gp4, Midi)

Madz
02-13-2009, 04:29 PM
So, this is a new song from me. Its titled "Slow Dance in a burning Building", because I personally think the title fits the mood very well. It features the classic 12 bar blues scheme in B, as well as a Modal Interchange to B Dorian in the Chorus. The Verse/Solo bit is meant to be a 2/2 scheme, which means that the singer sings 2 bars, and then the guitar solos over 2 bars. Im willing to do C4C, but as always, please leave me a link to your song in the thread, and please write a decent crit and not just "Whoa, sucks." :)

I recomment to keep the RSE off while listening to the song, but for the RSE-fanatics, I made an RSE mix. :)

Have a nice listen!

BobChicken
02-13-2009, 04:36 PM
similar title to John Mayer there =]

ctb
02-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Lovely.
Now, I don't know a lot about scales/modes but I'm jealous of people who can write Jazz/Blues. :p:

I don't have RSE, and the bass won't be clear because of laptop speakers.
I am not very keen on the 5h6p5h6p5h6 part. That's the only part of the song I have a problem with. It's a nice, chilled song and those hammer-ons took the mood away from me, a bit.

Its_Rock77
02-13-2009, 07:33 PM
title doesn't seem to flow off the tongue very well.

How about something like "Slow Dancing In a Burning Room"

oh wait...

Marskell
02-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Dude this is really right work!

i love the way you used the bass to accuentuate the beat. the chords from the guitar were quite awesome! im not a blues/jazz reg but i have heard some and this song i really liked!

the drums felt a little to repetitive so maby if you can add some more fills

over all great work!!!

Zeroxk
02-14-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't think I've ever heard this style before, but liked it, very relaxing and laid-back, but a bit repetive, though vocals would fix that up

actaderock
07-23-2009, 01:05 AM
im liking that jazzy stuff

C4C

Psychaberration
07-24-2009, 02:59 AM
I can close my eyes and see two people in bliss in each others arms as everything burns up around them, what else can i say? it fits and is perfectly executed. if you dont mind critting mine i would appreciate it.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1159701

thechad90000
07-25-2009, 01:05 AM
I like the jazz aspect of the song but I thought the slides throughout the song were a bit repetitive and honestly a little annoying. Maybe it was just the GP simulated jazz guitar but I really had a hard time enjoying those slides. I liked the progression though. It was really smooth and an easy listen for sure. So I like the style and I like the progression of the song but I think the slides should be cut down a little and it is pretty repetitive.

C4C? Some kind of Peace (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1168720)