When You Thought Dying Was Just A Day Away (GP5.GP4.Midi)

PDA

View Full Version : When You Thought Dying Was Just A Day Away (GP5.GP4.Midi)

kylendm
02-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Hey all this is an old song i had and my band is playing it at shows i just wanted to know what you thought. Of course we cant do all the harmonies though but this is what it would sound like recorded. :D

This song was from about a year ago so some of your new folks might feel it as something fresh.

All criticism is welcome and I'll crit your files when i get to it too.

-Melodic Metalcore-

:UPDATE FEB 26!:

I just added new things like a chorus and some other random additions. :D

:UPDATE March 2!:

I think you guys will like it a lot better now. Its not perfect but defiantly better than it was. :D. Lots of noticeable changes.

frankibo
02-14-2009, 09:17 AM
i thought it was all really good i just didnt the complete lack of repetition, i seemed to much like a load of riffs rather than a song

kylendm
02-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Update!

Progbass92
02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I think it was a very good song. I'm not a fan of the -core genres, so I was a little hesitant to listen, but I liked what I heard. The harmonized parts were very good and so were the solos. The only problem was the drumming on part D. They sounded very awkward in that standard kick-snare-kick-snare pattern that is done a lot in metalcore. Try taking it to half tempo. It puts more emotion into it, and it may spark good ideas for more guitar layering and some interesting stuff for the bass. Oh, and yes on the ending lead part. It was good to me. My newest song is in the signature if you want to crit it.

Marskell
02-27-2009, 09:36 PM
*Post Reserved For Cirt*

aceral1715
02-28-2009, 03:29 AM
Nice work. I really liked the riffage but frankibo was right in that maybe you could revisit on some of the riffs throughout the song? Other than that, its really good!

Crit one of mine? (Any in the sig)

kylendm
03-02-2009, 02:25 PM
:MARCH 2 UPDATE:
Up Top

Btw thanks for all the crits guys i really appreciate it. Again C4C

Its_Rock77
03-03-2009, 12:13 AM
ummm... I believe the file is not in the folder.

kylendm
03-03-2009, 12:15 AM
fixed. Btw there were 12 views and no one bothered to say anything :rollseyes: o well my fault anyway.

Its_Rock77
03-03-2009, 01:04 AM
I like this. It's pretty cool at some points. certain parts are weaker than others, namely the breakdowns. leads got very repetitive IMO.

It really needs more structure, but it was still pretty good.