BassMasta has better bass tabs than UG.

PDA

View Full Version : BassMasta has better bass tabs than UG.

HGS9669
02-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Seriously, a lot of the bass tabs I look up on UG, even the ones with 5 stars, are very wrong. Then I found BassMasta and their tabs rule. Much better than the ones here. I guess it's because that site's for bassists and this one's for guitarists. Or the people who post tabs at BassMasta actually know how the song sounds. Just making this thread so people who feel the same way I do about the bass tabs here know where to go. :peace:

skater dan0
02-14-2009, 09:12 PM
you do realise that human ears pick up different pitches, and with some bass playing ability one would be able to transfer what they hear onto their bass.

do you have ears?

if so use them

muse-ik
02-14-2009, 09:12 PM
ultimate GUITAR. BASSmasta. figure it out.

bassmanjoe08
02-14-2009, 10:21 PM
http://www.sgottawaphotographer.com/i/Babies/Infant_Vin_crying.jpg

Life gettin' ya down?

CBurtonIsKing
02-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Seriously, a lot of the bass tabs I look up on UG, even the ones with 5 stars, are very wrong. Then I found BassMasta and their tabs rule. Much better than the ones here. I guess it's because that site's for bassists and this one's for guitarists. Or the people who post tabs at BassMasta actually know how the song sounds. Just making this thread so people who feel the same way I do about the bass tabs here know where to go. :peace:

Considering that your profile says you play guitar, own not a single piece of bass equipment, and your favorite bassists are Flea and Mark Hoppus, i think its safe to assume your talking out of your ass. Or do you play basslines on your Squire Strat?

Yes, perhaps not all of the bass tabs on this site are perfect - in case you didnt notice, theres bound to be less people contributing bass tabs than guitar ones. People hear the basslines differently, and may put in something that doesnt sound quite right to another.

And are you implying that people in this forum DONT know what bass is supposed to sound like? Did you, Mr. Squier Strat proof read every damn tab on the site?

PluckU
02-14-2009, 10:30 PM
lol who uses typed tabs. its all about gp5

Captain Insano
02-14-2009, 10:57 PM
k, koo.

HGS9669
02-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Considering that your profile says you play guitar, own not a single piece of bass equipment, and your favorite bassists are Flea and Mark Hoppus, i think its safe to assume your talking out of your ass. Or do you play basslines on your Squire Strat?

Yes, perhaps not all of the bass tabs on this site are perfect - in case you didnt notice, theres bound to be less people contributing bass tabs than guitar ones. People hear the basslines differently, and may put in something that doesnt sound quite right to another.

And are you implying that people in this forum DONT know what bass is supposed to sound like? Did you, Mr. Squier Strat proof read every damn tab on the site?

Been a while since I updated it. Bought a Fender MIM p-bass 6 days ago.

Gilthresa
02-14-2009, 11:09 PM
bass masta has better tabs huzzah

Scrubs are the only people who use tabs as anything more than a VERY rough reference point of where to start.

Are you a scrub?

TooFast
02-14-2009, 11:22 PM
bass masta has better tabs huzzah

Scrubs are the only people who use tabs as anything more than a VERY rough reference point of where to start.

Are you a scrub?
Although I don't agree with the scrub part, I think it's a very wise idea to try and learn how to play by ear. I usually always do this if I hear a cool bassline, and if I can't figure it out, I check the tabs. It's much more fun if you figure it out by ear :)

cm261
02-14-2009, 11:36 PM

Are you a scrub?

That would make me a scrub then, thanks for that :sad:

slurpeexyza
02-15-2009, 02:28 AM
You could also use tabs to check lines you've learned by ear.

Deliriumbassist
02-15-2009, 07:01 AM
No advertising other tabsites- that's general forum rules.