Karamellknugen, metalcore/country with techno ending [GP5, Midi]

PDA

View Full Version : Karamellknugen, metalcore/country with techno ending [GP5, Midi]

Fettot
02-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi!

This is basically two pieces of music glued together. If you think it sucks please don't hate mail me too much, and if you like it please tell me about the bad things.

It's made for playing live, and the drums will probably be tweaked (more blastbeats) by my drummer. I haven't made any bass yet.

Do i have to say crit for crit? Considering it's like standard by now...

Enjoy :cool:

Macabre_Turtle
02-17-2009, 02:57 PM
I'll go through one part at a time.
I like the riff, but I don't dig the drums. Guess I'm just not so much into blast beats.
Chorus 2 is great as is. Drums too.
4 really stands out to me too. It's really good that your harmonies so far aren't just thirds like most people do.
204b is pretty great. I often find myself using a similar technique where I play in minor, (in your case A#) and switching to a really low Phrygian for extra brutals. Very effective.
The next two riffs are great as well. Really good alteration of one riff.
Actually, listening farther it goes on a bit to long for me. But it's still a reeaally good riff.
Nothing noticeably wrong with the verse riff - again, I like that you're not just using thirds.
Too many riffs for me to keep coming back on every single one, so I'll just say for the rest of the song, I really like the slower partly harmonized parts. And other than my own distaste for blast beats, I see nothing to change left.

Mind explaining the markers? Very strange.

Fettot
02-17-2009, 04:14 PM
I'll go through one part at a time.
I like the riff, but I don't dig the drums. Guess I'm just not so much into blast beats.
Chorus 2 is great as is. Drums too.
4 really stands out to me too. It's really good that your harmonies so far aren't just thirds like most people do.
204b is pretty great. I often find myself using a similar technique where I play in minor, (in your case A#) and switching to a really low Phrygian for extra brutals. Very effective.
The next two riffs are great as well. Really good alteration of one riff.
Actually, listening farther it goes on a bit to long for me. But it's still a reeaally good riff.
Nothing noticeably wrong with the verse riff - again, I like that you're not just using thirds.
Too many riffs for me to keep coming back on every single one, so I'll just say for the rest of the song, I really like the slower partly harmonized parts. And other than my own distaste for blast beats, I see nothing to change left.

Mind explaining the markers? Very strange.

I'm actually quite fond of blast beats :)
Hmm yes the long riff is rather.... long :cool: Don't know if i'll keep it that way, we usually remove "unnecessary" parts at band practice.

Haha as for the markers, i'm sick of choosing a "chorus" and a "verse" for each song so i just wrote random words and stuff. It works just fine that way too.

Tom9106
02-17-2009, 11:20 PM
This is sweet as.

The Harmonies are awesome, all of them work.

+ definate props for using drop A#

Good ****.

The ONLY negative thing I can say about it, is it gets too repetitive for me, like even id the riff isn't the same in parts, it doesnt go far from how it was. But either way. the song works well.

Thanks for the crit on mine (: