theory help

PDA

View Full Version : theory help

Sepuloren
02-16-2009, 07:21 PM
could some one correct the theory in my guitar pro tabs?

wackamasta
02-16-2009, 07:28 PM
what exactly do u mean??

Sepuloren
02-16-2009, 07:41 PM
correct my instruments theory

icronic
02-16-2009, 07:48 PM
correct my instruments theory

Theory doesn't work that way. There is no correct or incorrect way of writing music, thus nobody can correct your music but you.

Sure some things will sound good, and others bad, and if you post your stuff up here, I'm sure people will be more than willing to offer suggestions on how to improve what you've got. But that's the best you'll do. I mean you could give your song to 10 different people, and you'd get 10 completely different results if you did.

Sepuloren
02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Well in the past I've posted songs here and people have corrected the theory by fixing the notes not really changing the song just making it have a better sound also they fixed it where a guitarist could play it

icronic
02-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Well in the past I've posted songs here and people have corrected the theory by fixing the notes not really changing the song just making it have a better sound also they fixed it where a guitarist could play it

Yeah, and if you post your songs then we'll all listen and make our suggestions on how to make it sound better.

Keep in mind even if you've got "wrong" notes in your song, there are at least 3 or 4 "right" notes that could replace them.

lordofthefood1
02-16-2009, 10:50 PM
OK here's a huge mess of a song that I'm working on
What "theory" mistakes have you made? "Bad theory" isn't an excuse for a sucky song, I'm sorry dude. What does make a song "bad"or "a mess"? Making a mess out of it. Try writing something you're comfortable writing? Perhaps single guitar acoustic things instead of a song with four guitars and tonnes of extra crap.

Sepuloren
02-17-2009, 01:18 AM
There's note that just clash and I've tried to change them but they always seem to clash oh and to lordofthefood I hardly think my song sucks

lordofthefood1
02-17-2009, 01:37 AM
There's note that just clash and I've tried to change them but they always seem to clash oh and to lordofthefood I hardly think my song sucks
Can you just post the notes that clash then?

icronic
02-17-2009, 02:57 AM
Yeah I know of agree with lordofthefood1 here, the problem with your song has nothing to do with theory.

While I don't always agree with the notes you've chosen, none of them struck me as totally out of place or wrong either.

Part of the problem is the entire piece is completely unnatural. No human could actually play what you've written, and because of that certain things may sound a little off.

The second problem is you've written past your ability. You've got too much going on and it's cluttering thing's up. You say that you find notes that clash, and continue to clash even if you change them. The answer is simplify. Get rid of clashing notes. Keep the ones that are good, and drop the ones that interfere.

thundr82
02-17-2009, 05:20 AM
Hey, the song didn't sound off in the parts where i listened, but the parts that i listened to sounded like randomly generated "in key". If you learn a little theory you can more easily incorporate a mood in your compositions. I started reading 2 weeks ago and i already improved my ability to put a little bit of extra touch in my playing already.
And - as the other posters said, keep it simple, you're (obv.) not excactly Beethoven :p