Guernica (Circa Survive-ish)(GP5, MIDI)

View Full Version : Guernica (Circa Survive-ish)(GP5, MIDI)

02-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Ok so this song is definitely a departure from my usual style but I really like it. It's simple and straight forward but I think it's effective. I'm planning on recording an actual version of it within the next month as a project for school so that should be good.

Constructive crit only please.
Thanks for listening.

02-17-2009, 05:19 PM
First: I came in with a bad view
Second: I shouldn't have

I loved this. It has a nice balance between the instruments and I can see where you get the "ish" from. I can practically hear Anthony singing something to it. My only complaint I guess is that it was kind of simple structurally, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing (just that it seemed like it literally went back and fourth the whole time. Perhaps there is a bridge, but I didn't catch it.)

02-17-2009, 08:01 PM
No there isn't. I'm planning on adding one because I had those exact same thoughts. It's good's definitely simple as far as the arrangement goes.

02-21-2009, 04:39 PM
i can definately hear the circa survive in this. no doubt about it.

i think you need to add something else though, right now its just an intro, a chorus and a verse.

if you can add a bridge or have the second verse switch up or something, that would make it so much better.

this sounds good though man nice work

just cause it has so much potential