Enigmatic [WIP] -Melodic Death Metal- (gp5/4, MIDI)

PDA

View Full Version : Enigmatic [WIP] -Melodic Death Metal- (gp5/4, MIDI)

Slaytanic1993
02-18-2009, 10:46 PM
My latest work, inspired by death n'roll and gothenburg, but with only a few (two) Gothenburg riffs in there, trying to make something interesting out of a familiar motif (you'll understand when you hear the pre-chorus).

Just a work right now, but RSE for it sounds a bit better.

GOREDIT: In my other post.

lordofthefood1
02-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Nice start. In true fashion, it lacks any bass... hehehe. I hope it has an acoustic outro when it is done.

I don't have anything to say about it besides the fact that it is melodeath. The chorus seems kind of weak, but I assume that is because it is the first chorus. In my head, I hear a higher guitar in later choruses and a cleaner type of riff (not saying as in clean guitar, but as in more defined notes? Does that make sense?)

but yeah, what matters: it sure is melodeath.

Ripping Corpse
02-19-2009, 05:31 PM
I really liked the first riff, and i wonder if the piece might have been better if you had carried on in that style rather than gone into melodic harmonized guitars, but thats probably because im biased and im not that into melo-death :p:

the verse and pre chorus riffs were good anyhow. i thought the chorus was good but maybe a bit generic, but to me all melo-death sounds the same so dont take that comment seriously haha.

overall it was good, obviously needs to be longer and maybe bring in some different harmonies in the next chorus if thats the way you want to go with the song. if i were you i'd evolve the first riff to make a death 'n' roll song and replace it with something else in this song because it seems a bit out of place.

so far though, 8/10.

Slaytanic1993
02-19-2009, 11:14 PM
I "Finished" it with a familiar ending (really just a messaround until I get a real ending).

xxCHANCExx
02-21-2009, 01:57 AM
First tremolo riff was good, I liked it very much. Maybe the drums could be set a little louder?? Even to like 12. They just seemed really quiet. Verse 1 riff was good too. I personally liked the first style better, but that's just me, there's nothing wrong with it at all. The harmonies in RAHHH (lol) seemed very unique, not a style of harmony I usually use. It was interesting. Prechorus has a good riff with the drums in the background and leads very well into the chorus, which is also very good. I like it. It all transitions very well. Good job with that! Continues nicely and leads to a kickass solo. I applaude you, it's VERY well written! Good job with it overall.

8.5/10

Slaytanic1993
02-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Well, I use RSE, and in RSe the drums are abnormally loud. Just set the drums a bit louder for yourself :p:

And, thank you for the critique.

xxCHANCExx
02-21-2009, 02:12 AM
Oh sorry my bad lol. RSE doesn't work good on my compooper =p.

Slaytanic1993
02-21-2009, 02:14 AM
Fair enough, and I want to know when you make another song like the one you posted tonight.