Rewiring a Fender Tele HW1!

PDA

View Full Version : Rewiring a Fender Tele HW1!

orebranch
02-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Hey!

A couple of weeks ago I changed pickups in my Highway 1 Tele! Doesn't matter what pickups it was but, Fender Customshop 51 nocaster pickups! Well, to my question!

I want to wire it like the Telecaster 52 Vintage RI (that can be seen here (http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/telecaster/0100212A/SD0100212APg2.pdf)) and I wonder about that capacitor, .05uf. Cuz there allready is a capacitor but where can I see the "uf"? On the capacitor it says "ic 104M" and the other one says "ic 203M". The question really is if I can use one those capacitors I got or if I have to buy one?

Hope that someone understand my question! I'm really tired and need to go to sleep... :P

Thank you!

// M"

mark_wuk
02-19-2009, 05:46 PM
If memory serves, a 104M is 0.1uf and 203M is 0.02uf I'm sure someone will either agree or disagree pretty soon, so don't rely on my memory!!

NewsoftheWorld
02-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Wait,is this the wiring that comes standard on the '52 RI?The one where the highs on the neck pickup are rolled off?

SomeoneYouKnew
02-20-2009, 02:54 AM
If memory serves, a 104M is 0.1uf and 203M is 0.02uf I'm sure someone will either agree or disagree pretty soon, so don't rely on my memory!!Your memory seems to be working just fine, Mark.

Apparently this is a Highway 1 built in 2005 or later.
The "Greasebucket" tone circuit has a 0.1uF cap, a 0.02uF cap, and a 4.7K resistor.

orebranch, you could use either one of those caps,
but it's gonna be papa bear or mama bear.
The 0.1 will roll off at a slightly lower frequency when the control is at minimum.
The 0.02 will roll of at a slightly higher frequency.
If you want baby bear, just pay the half-dollar and buy a 0.05 uF cap.

tbh, the difference will be minor, anyway.

orebranch
02-20-2009, 12:14 PM
NewsoftheWorld:
No it's not. This is the one where the upper pickup got i higher frequency. I had the RI 52 once and didn't like that wiring. Later, I sold it, not becouse of the wiring ofcourse :), and yeah, i regret it.. :P It sounds like a god, and thought that I can do the same wiring, just for fun, I'm sure that I will not here so much difference.. :P

But yeah, okay, thank you SomeoneYouKnew! I'll check it out! :)

// M"