Pariah [Some form of metal... GP5/4/MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Pariah [Some form of metal... GP5/4/MIDI]

Austyn6661
02-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey, after posting two songs and disappearing, I've returned with a (mostly) finished nine minute epic! It's has a lot of metalcore influences (OH NOES), but it doesn't seem like my typical metalcore songs, hence the title. It's influenced by a lot of Trivium, with some Sevenfold and Protest The Hero (minus the time sigs). If you could class this in a genre, it'd be kickass.

There's lyrics, but I'm still missing words for bar 284. And the verses and pre-chorus are screamed.

C4C, and Cheers!

I left the vocals muted, unmute them if you wanna. It just lags for me when MIDI and RSE play at the same time. Mute the second percussion track, it was a metronome for my bass player.

Amuro Jay
02-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd take a look at it but I'm defragging my music/tabs folders right now. I'll hopefully remember to come back to it tonight, because it sure does sound interesting.

inno_func
02-20-2009, 02:11 PM
It's a good song but it sounds like i heard it before, but that doesn't mean it's bad it is a great song but like i said it's too generic, but it will go well with a lot of people.

Aurigo
02-20-2009, 02:17 PM
I really like sam solo at the moment, you also got very nice riffs in there my friend.
Pre-chorus is nice, and a very good bass line.

Austyn6661
02-20-2009, 02:18 PM
It's a good song but it sounds like i heard it before, but that doesn't mean it's bad it is a great song but like i said it's too generic, but it will go well with a lot of people.

Yeah I know what you mean, probably the metalcore in me coming out :D .

Any suggestions on how to make less generic?

And jetfuel, looking forward to your crit. And thanks for the judging in the Metalcore collab.

TheArtOfRuin
02-20-2009, 02:27 PM
You can definitely hear the trivium influence. I think i've kinda moved out of the metalcore stuff lately, but it sounds pretty cool.
The chorus reminds me a lot of the chorus in Like Light to the Flies by Trivium.

inno_func
02-20-2009, 02:31 PM
My suggestion is work with the timing and riffs, find some wicked timing and when it comes to riffs, try to blend some bends some pull offs and some harmonics with it and try the harmonic scale and some diminished scale or riffs it will give you a unique sound if you work good with it.

Austyn6661
02-20-2009, 02:52 PM
My suggestion is work with the timing and riffs, find some wicked timing and when it comes to riffs, try to blend some bends some pull offs and some harmonics with it and try the harmonic scale and some diminished scale or riffs it will give you a unique sound if you work good with it.

Alright, I'll try it out. Cheers.

FelixJZ
02-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Reminded me a lot of Slayer hahaha, don't worry that's a compliment (Except the choruses) :) As others have already said, was a bit generic but its just fine for this genre.

Ploopx
02-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Reminds me of most metalcore, although it doesn't sound as generic...
you didnt actaully go for the C# Ab G Pedalpoint with C,D,D# in straight 8ths like most other bands do.

There Was Cool Pentatonic Stuff there too, which is odd for -core.

The 1st solo was great, the second not so much they seem to have slightly different syles to them.