[GP5, GP4. MIDI] Yours Sincerly; **** You [Working Title][Hard Rock I Guess]

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5, GP4. MIDI] Yours Sincerly; **** You [Working Title][Hard Rock I Guess]

St.Loony
02-22-2009, 01:06 AM
This is a song me and BlackandSilver have been working on in the last few days. Don't know what else to say :p:

C4C as usual. Just link in here and BlackandSilver or myself will crit yours. Our crit depth will depends on yours ;)

Thanks in advance

- Lou

rodrigomierh
02-22-2009, 01:05 PM
I liked the octaves after the first verse. All the solos in between were great, but you should add a solo or something, that would be cool. Anyway, apart from that, I don't see anything wrong. Good Job.

mind critting mine? (New one in sig) Thanks.

St.Loony
02-22-2009, 03:18 PM
I liked the octaves after the first verse. All the solos in between were great, but you should add a solo or something, that would be cool. Anyway, apart from that, I don't see anything wrong. Good Job.

mind critting mine? (New one in sig) Thanks.

I tried adding a solo but it didn't fit. I don't think a solo would fit the song.
Thanks for the crit

I think BlackandSilver has critted yours

AngrySockMonkey
02-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Nice hard rock song man. I didn't notice anything that really bothered me actually. I really like the short leads in the Pre sections. Nice break... break... DOWN. xD. Overall there might be some small things I would change but nothing I'm going to take the time to type rofl.

8/10 for a basic hard rock song.

St.Loony
02-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Nice hard rock song man. I didn't notice anything that really bothered me actually. I really like the short leads in the Pre sections. Nice break... break... DOWN. xD. Overall there might be some small things I would change but nothing I'm going to take the time to type rofl.

8/10 for a basic hard rock song.

BASIC!??!
>.<

Thanks for the crit anyway bro :cheers:

Anything of yours want me to crit?

Ploopx
02-23-2009, 09:53 PM
The Down! part is sick, but i would have repeated it more.
I don't like the Intro too much it kinda sounds like a blink song..

The Solos are cool, but i would have liked to hear more.

randomthought9
02-23-2009, 11:16 PM
like the intro. it makes me want to listen, builds some tension. then bam! the guitars come in.
i liked the clean riff in the verse 1. i liked the octaves too, it goes well with the other guitar.

pre was great. the chorus is good. it's simple, and catchy. i liked the octaves in the chorus too. i think with vocals or another lead instrument it would be a good chorus i would think.

the verse 2 is good. i'm probably being picky here, but maybe try different octaves besides the f#, instead of repeating that? like how the first verse used different ones. maybe have more going on with the guitars? like a little riff or something? i don't know. because i see you want to focus on the bass there. i liked the first verse better. not that the second one is bad or anything, i just liked the first one more.

the second pre was good. you should make that a full solo. i like those solo type pre's you've got going on. i think a full solo would help this song based on those. i'd wanna hear one in this song anyways. it sounds like you're good at solos.

chorus, again it's good so far. i think it would be a good chorus with vocals/lead probably.

break...break... was good. again, i liked the clean riff, and the powerchords went well with it.
d-d-d was good. nothing great or anything, but not bad.
down! could be heavier, it seems more catchy, and i think you were going for a heavy feel based on the double bass drumming. i could be wrong though about that. it's tough to sound heavy with midi haha. i like the octaves, it does a nice job building to the chorus. for bar 126 though i would put a fill. you have all this energy built up, and the drumming slows down, and the guitars have that whole note powerchord. i think it kills the momentum you have going into the chorus. like you're jogging to the chorus instead of sprinting.

the outro is ok. i'd like to hear a lead guitar in there though instead of just both guitars doing the powerchords. like maybe keep playing those octaves?

i liked the song. i'm kind of worn out now, but just read the crit. too tired to write more. but i liked the song, it was pretty good.

St.Loony
02-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the return crit ^^

Verse 2 we was focusing in the bass. I'll see if i can change the octave parts and get something good.

We will work on a solo most likely this weekend (Time Zones FTL ) since others said they'd like to see a solo

The DOWN!! is more of a headbanging riff then heavy... If that makes sense?

Outro I'll work on later.

That's kind of a big crit. Much appreciated dude and thanks again

Will keep you updated.

lordofthefood1
02-24-2009, 01:48 PM
It seems kind of typical, not that it is a bad thing. What am I glad that doesn't sound typical? The breakdown isn't one of those chugga things, which is great for you to avoid. Those in between solo things are what get me; I love them. I think they are better than having an actual solo break somewhere in the song. I thought the guitar was going to octave on the last half of the outro, but it is OK that it didn't.

randomthought9
02-25-2009, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the return crit ^^

Verse 2 we was focusing in the bass. I'll see if i can change the octave parts and get something good.

We will work on a solo most likely this weekend (Time Zones FTL ) since others said they'd like to see a solo

The DOWN!! is more of a headbanging riff then heavy... If that makes sense?

Outro I'll work on later.

That's kind of a big crit. Much appreciated dude and thanks again

Will keep you updated.

hey no problem, i don't mind critting. like i said for the down!! riff i could be wrong. i liked it. the outro wasn't bad. i just try to be as picky as possible when giving a crit, because i think it helps more than just saying everything's good.

St.Loony
02-25-2009, 06:04 AM
hey no problem, i don't mind critting. like i said for the down!! riff i could be wrong. i liked it. the outro wasn't bad. i just try to be as picky as possible when giving a crit, because i think it helps more than just saying everything's good.

It's all good man. Your crit has given us (well me) some awesome ideas for a lead part in the outro and an idea on how to extend the break!. I'll keep you updated?

:cheers:

Carl6661
02-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Overall, very good song.
The slides in the 1st verse sounded a bit weird, that could just be the MIDI sound though...

The small in the leads in the pre chorus sections were good, but didn't really fit the song.

The drums for the most part were very good throughout.

Overall, 8/10.
Could do with some touching up here and there, but it's good!

St.Loony
02-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Overall, very good song.
The slides in the 1st verse sounded a bit weird, that could just be the MIDI sound though...

The small in the leads in the pre chorus sections were good, but didn't really fit the song.

The drums for the most part were very good throughout.

Overall, 8/10.
Could do with some touching up here and there, but it's good!

MIDI... >.< The cleans are with delay with RSE

Thanks for the crit.

tpkemme
02-25-2009, 06:43 PM
haha, let me first say that the title is fantastic. i think titles are important because often it's how people are initially attracted to a song. so, good job ha

i must i really enjoyed it. it kind of reminded me or a lordi song, very catchy without being overly complicated. and the pre-chorus guitar leads were always a surprise but they were not bad surprises at all. they were very well done did well to lead into the chorus.

this song is very very catchy and it seems like it would be really great if it had lyrics

9.2/10

St.Loony
02-26-2009, 10:27 AM
haha, let me first say that the title is fantastic. i think titles are important because often it's how people are initially attracted to a song. so, good job ha

i must i really enjoyed it. it kind of reminded me or a lordi song, very catchy without being overly complicated. and the pre-chorus guitar leads were always a surprise but they were not bad surprises at all. they were very well done did well to lead into the chorus.

this song is very very catchy and it seems like it would be really great if it had lyrics

9.2/10

Hah I love the song title too.

We are currently working on lyrics too (Wow we have a lot to do o.O) and will add it in soon. I just got alot of important dates coming up (college interview, exams etc.) So i have no idea when we can do more on it.

Thanks for the crit bro

Spency
02-27-2009, 03:47 AM
Good song, reminds me a lot of the band "Murderdolls"
When i first started listening it sounded like a basic hard rock song but then i got into it. Although it is fairly predictable, there is more than enough change to keep the listener interest and with the added vocals it will turn out to be a great hard rock song.
The octaves sound great, the breakdown was good and basically everything was great.
My only concern is that in the 2nd verse. When the guitar part plays its open notes, it seems to clash a bit with the bass.
Also, have you thought about adding a solo straight after the Breakdown? (where you've labelled it as D-D-D-D) I think its the perfect spot for one.
Overall it was a great song that suits the genre really well. 8.5/10

C4C? Lost in a Dream (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1076353)

Marskell
02-27-2009, 09:31 PM
*post reserved for crit, will be completed in 3-4 hours*

aceral1715
02-28-2009, 02:51 AM
great song. Didn't really find anything wrong with it. Nice riffage and stuff and i really liked the chorus' chord progression. Really catchy.

icronic
02-28-2009, 07:09 PM
As I listen.

Cool intro, I like that you didn't just start off with the guitars right away.

Verse starts off really nice. That echo is very cool.

The two dist guitar part is good as well, they compliment each other quite nicely.

Good little solo in the Pre section. Great way to lead into the chorus.

Chorus section. I like your basic idea, and the progression is a nice one. But it feels just a little bit too straight and sterile. I would throw in some slight rhythmic variations, some sixteenths, and some pushes and what not.

Also I thought the octaves were a little strange. Starting with E octaves when your rhythm is starting on a B just kinda sounds off. I'd switch all those Es to an F#s. also I'd suggest having bar 52 the same as bar 48. Otherwise that guitar will end the chorus with F# and start the Verse with F#. Nothing technically wrong with that, but you'll get more sense of motion if you start with a different note you ended with.

Second verse was great. I like how you backed off the guitars. Worked great, the mini solo in the pre section is very nice as well.

Chorus, same comments as before.

Break was nice. I wish the rhythm guitar did just a tiny tiny bit more, and wasn't quite so on the beat. But the clean guitar was really nice, and the drums were good too.

Down part was nice. I liked how you ramped everything up, and that little 2/4 bar was great.

Outro served it's purpose well enough, but I thought it could have been better too.

Overall I thought it was really well put together, all the flaws were minor. I would have liked to hear a full solo, since those Pre sections seemed a bit of a tease, and I would have liked to hear some more rhythmic variation going on. I thought there were some really good places where some kind of syncopated rhythm guitar parts would have been brilliant.

C4C? Top on in my sig :)

theheirapparent
03-09-2009, 12:04 AM
theres like no file in there when i try to open it

also, how do you link it in your sig?