"Deceased" -Doomy Death Metal- (GP5/4, MIDI, C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : "Deceased" -Doomy Death Metal- (GP5/4, MIDI, C4C)

Slaytanic1993
02-23-2009, 10:27 PM
So...my old friend asked me to join a band that is essentially an Incantation worship band. So, for the whokle of today, I've come up with my first rough draft with my friend's lyric segments in there. Obviously a bit old school lyrically, but the music is intense, in my opinion.

It sounds best with RSE because it has a production and snare we are looking for.

:cheers:

AngrySockMonkey
02-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Thats some great stuff you have got there. I'm not even a big doom fan and I find this amazing, possibly due to the heavy death metal influence in a handful of the riffs.

For critiquing, there wasn't much that caught my eye. I'll start off by telling you the definite high points of the song XD. I loved the second portion of the "Pre-Doom" section, crazy riff there. All the doomy parts owned as well. My least favourite part of the song is the "'Banger Verse". I feel it didn't fit in overly well, but vocals might fix it, who knows.

Overall great song, 9/10 :)
If you'd like to crit mine,
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1073295

Tom9106
02-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Oh man!

haha, I just had my brootal face on listening to that ****t!

gooood song.

Awesome intro. probs one of my favourite parts, I love the riff at bar 23 too.

Theres not much i could suggest, but its a case of vocals making or breaking it (Y)

either way nice work.

crit mine dood http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1069964

Broadsword
02-23-2009, 10:55 PM
That was pretty sweet. Only thing I wasn't too keen on was the headbangers part... I thought that could have been more interesting.

If you get this recorded... let me know.

lordofthefood1
02-23-2009, 11:35 PM
It is good. Very 'genre'y, but not a bad thing (meaning I can imagine bands doing it, nothing ridiculous or anything). I agree with the banger part, I'm not a fan, though I don't think it sounds out of place. I think the ending could have been more br00talz or something (a "doom"y type breakdown of mainly chromatic and quarter notes, type deal).

But yeah, the only thing that I really didn't like was that china. RSE's china (and most china that isn't in the form of Cute Chinese Girl or Chinese Food bothers the heck out of me)