Pop-punk song. (did i nick it?) [PTB]

PDA

View Full Version : Pop-punk song. (did i nick it?) [PTB]

NinjaLamppost
02-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey, this is a completed pop-punk style song, currently with no lyrics or vocal melody.

While I wrote it myself, the intro/chorus riff sounds familiar...it didn't when i first wrote it, but it does now. Did I accidentally nick it off blink 182 or something? Bearing in mind the only song I know off blink on guitar is all the small things, so it wasn't a muscle memory thing.

It's entirely in the D major scale, so that might be it.

Anyway, thanks in advance for crit.

NL

alkalineweeman
02-26-2009, 05:44 PM
I dont think you've directly ripped off any blink 182, i haveall the albums and dont recal anything exactly like this.
Its just most pop punk sounds very samey after a while but ya should be good with this.

NinjaLamppost
02-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Cheers mate.

JesseBlanchard
02-27-2009, 04:52 AM
sounds a little like carousel. but thats about it.

sounds pretty good. simple, but not too simple. intro.main riff is prob my fav.

NinjaLamppost
02-27-2009, 11:48 AM
sounds pretty good. simple, but not too simple. intro.main riff is prob my fav.

Yeah me too...I was messin around with the D major scale, found that riff then based the song round it, so yeah my favourite too.

Thanks for the crit.

Hoping to get the vocalist in my (planned) band to put some vocals over it, should be good :) . Getting some recording stuff tomorrow, so you never know I might record the whole thing and have it up on UG by next week.

soundgarden1986
02-27-2009, 06:17 PM
I like it. The intro riff is the best part in my opinion. It would sound better with drums and vocals so when/if you get around to recording it, I would like to hear it.

I give it an 8/10

C4C mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077285