My Funeral Dirge/Mephisto's War March [WIP] -Black Metal- (GP5/4, MIDI)

PDA

View Full Version : My Funeral Dirge/Mephisto's War March [WIP] -Black Metal- (GP5/4, MIDI)

Slaytanic1993
02-26-2009, 10:49 PM
If you do not have RSE, set the tracks as thuis

Volumes -

Guitars: 14
Bass: 15
Drums: 13

Ending Lead Note volume - Forte

Anyways. This is an influence mostly from the infamous LLN and depressive black metal like Mortifera, combining a dark evil sound and a lowly type of saddening theme.

So, it starts off with a subtly more arpeggiated "song", that is one of my favorite works. The second, I don't know where to go with. It's a Vlad Tepes or Mutiilation styled rocker with an obvious black sound. By the way, the two are seperate songs, and are not linked together besides listing number.

???

BLARGH???!?!

Where to go?

GOREDIT: Finished work is in my latest post.

valdean
02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Certainly something I wouldn't mind listening to a cold winter night, which it basically is right now.
I liked the whole atmosphere of it.
I don't really know what to say, I liked all of it, exept the part at bar 77.
The sixteenths made up for it though.

Looks like you already critizised mine, so I guess we're even.
I could do a more detailed review if you want, but I'm too tired now.

Slaytanic1993
02-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Finite.

Broadsword
02-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Both were pretty cool man. Imo, you could have built up the first one much longer, I thought the bridge was placed far too early. I personally would think it would sound better after, say, a whopping solo section or intense bridge, etc. The second one, even though you said they were separate songs, didn't have much substance. Great sections, yes, but there really wasn't much to hold on to, they kind of the came and went and then the song was over. Expanding both of these songs would be beneficial, I think.

:cheers:

Slaytanic1993
02-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah, playing it right now, I see what you mean. I'll expand on both of them and inform you when they're done (if you want me to? :haha).

aceral1715
02-28-2009, 03:05 AM
really nice song. Some nice riffs and choice of tone but the only problem i had was not beign able to hear the bass guitar with rse on, but that might have just been my computer. The clean guitar is a nice touch and it really keeps the rest of the song from going too insane. Some really energetic stuff around bar 85+. Nice use of drums for the bars around bar 114. Overall, a nice piece of work. 10/10

djn419
02-28-2009, 03:17 AM
not the kind of black metal i am used too, but i liked it regardless. i can certainly feel the sadness of the piece. the "melody" being created during the 'Eughs' is good. my only gripe is that perhaps keyboards could have been used to help with the atmosphere. other than that, great song. 9.5/10

crit mine mayhaps? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1076996

Slaytanic1993
02-28-2009, 10:37 AM
I never use keyboards for anything besides my avante-garde pieces. Symphonics in metal is probably my least favorite thing in the past eighteen or so years of metal's evolution.

Broadsword
02-28-2009, 02:48 PM
I concur. And yes, of course tell me when and if you expand them. :p:

Slaytanic1993
02-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Now I've really finished it (uploaded it into the same post it was in the 2nd time).