My Apocalypse (GP5, GP4, MIDI) C4C

PDA

View Full Version : My Apocalypse (GP5, GP4, MIDI) C4C

aceral1715
02-27-2009, 07:06 AM
This is a song that i composed over a week and ive been tweaking it since. The solo has been rewritten twice but the current solo is the only one i spent a decent amount of time on. Criticism is welcome and, like the title says, C4C so just leave the link ;)

NEWEST UPDATE POSTED HERE

MaidenPriest666
02-27-2009, 07:14 AM
through the whole song i definatly could imagine the vox.
are they clean or extreme vox?

one thing that would add variety would be to add a key change on the last chorus, you know how theres two choruses at the end? the second one , maybe move two frets down maybe.

crit 4 crit

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077047

aceral1715
02-27-2009, 07:17 AM
It's extreme. And thanks for the advice, ill try it out and see how it sounds.

Martindecorum
02-27-2009, 07:17 AM
i like it.
the chorus is very catchy nice melody use for both the verse and chorus
the solo is very cool to listen to fits the song perfectly overall a nice composition

dimebagdarrell9
02-27-2009, 09:18 AM
great song!

whalepudding
02-27-2009, 10:16 AM
You know there's already at least two fairly well known songs with the same name?

aceral1715
02-27-2009, 10:53 AM
You know there's already at least two fairly well known songs with the same name?

Yeah, but it just seemed like such a good name that i couldn't resist :P

lordofthefood1
02-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Not much of a crit as the other, but I think this song sounds a lot better in 1.5 time (minus the intro, acoustic verse, and solo). That just goes back to my roots though. As for it in its standard time, it seems a bit dragging on. Again, nice use of the tones, especially for the solo guitar. I didn't really like this solo as much as the other, but some good moments are when the notes kind of ring out a bit while its going down the neck.

liam1107
02-28-2009, 07:33 AM
very very very good song, i like this a lot, and might i add that the drums are the best ive heard on guitar pro :)
the only minor crit i can give is that its maybe a bit too samey, like the mood doesnt change, but to be honest i think that would take away from the song if you did decide to incorporate it.
well done :)

DaddyTwoFoot
03-01-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't think you should keep the name, considering that Metallica (literally the most popular metal band in history, in case you've forgotten) just released a song with the same title a few months ago.

randomthought9
03-02-2009, 01:24 AM
i like the lead riff in the intro. the interlude chord progression's not bad. i like the verse vocals, but that and the guitar do repeat a little much. i'd like to hear some variation. the chorus vocals are good, i like them. haha really high though. the acoustic that comes in on bar 55 is a very nice change of pace. i liked it much better then the distorted guitar in the verses. the distorted guitar does get a bit stale with all the powerchords. i enjoyed the guitar solo, it definitely helped the song. but you should have added something on the second chorus to end on. it needs a little extra, especially to end on. maybe add another guitar part, a lead one maybe? or harmonize the vocals/add a melody?

it's not a bad tune, but it is a little cliche. we've all heard this kind of stuff, not trying to be mean, just honest. but not bad at all though.

c4c? my music is in my profile and sig.

aceral1715
03-02-2009, 08:58 AM
UPDATE

I made a couple of small changes to the solo which you won't really notice that much. But mainly I added some lead riffing over the last chorus to raise its energy as lots of people suggested. Hope you guys like it ;)

EDIT: Newer update a few more posts down

Butt Rayge
03-04-2009, 12:34 AM
To be perfectly honest, i found the whole thing pretty average. The intro was decent, the interlude was boring and the verse was boring. The chorus was pretty good, i'd like to hear the singing, as i quite liked the vocal melody. The solo section was defenitely the high point.

Structurally, however, the whole piece was very sound and it flowed nicely.

C4C Blackened Thrash in my sig?

Uber Man
03-04-2009, 07:18 PM
sounds epic with RSE, intro was neat too. :)

Skillet_Panhead
03-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Wow, I must say I really enjoyed that. The intro was cool, but the electric guitar part seemed repetitive once you got to Intro 2. I'd suggest making small changes to both electric guitars once Intro 2 comes up, just to keep things interesting. Because honestly, when I saw that Intro 2 heading come up, I thought the electric guitars were going to change AT LEAST a little bit.

The rest of the song was great. The verse riff was pretty cool (especially the acoustic verse), and the solo was fantastic. I really liked it. Drums in the verse were cool as well.

c4c? thanks. --SP
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18916943#post18916943

aceral1715
03-06-2009, 06:25 AM
UPDATED again

The intro has been changed, but just by changing a section of it by an octave but it seems to work. The second verse has also been changed on the guitars to spice things up ;)

enjoy it ;)

ANOTHER UPDATE A FEW MORE POSTS DOWN(possibly next page)

JSSynister
03-06-2009, 07:04 AM
nice guitar driven song. I like it for what it is, but for me its a little boring in parts. Very nice solo, that and the drums overall stood out for me as the best parts. The acoustic verse is a good touch, I think it could sound really good having two acoustics playing slightly different lines.

8/10 A solid piece of work, something I would probably listen to again, but with no real wow factor (for me anyway).

C4C - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1081916

rhoadsfan92
03-09-2009, 04:50 PM
bro the song sounds awesome. got an mp3 with actual vocs?

B00bs
03-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Very nice harmony on the intro.

I really like the next riff and lead, great texture.

Holy ****in solo batman! Very nice.

Great work throught out this piece. I loved it, I would probably listen to it regularily. Very nice, how much? 9.5/10

If you have time could you look at "The End" in my sig.

theheirapparent
03-10-2009, 12:37 AM
wow that was pretty tight. nice work. get a band and record this!

aceral1715
03-10-2009, 09:34 AM
thanks for all the crit everybody. Sorry guys, but i dont have a recording of this yet. My old band broke up a few months back cuz some guys left the country and the rest were being idiots. But ill try and get this done as soon as i can ;)

guitar ben94
03-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Awesome song man. I thought it sounded great. Would love to hear a band playing this!

henkka_potku
04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
It was a good composition but not my cup of tea :)

semitone36
04-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Fantastic dude! Normally I dont like to leave short little comments like this but I just wanted to curse you for getting this song stuck in my head for the rest of the day. DAMN YOU

Lol anyways you should write me a solo. Ill pay (maybe) haha

cptazad
04-03-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't think you should keep the name, considering that Metallica (literally the most popular metal band in history, in case you've forgotten) just released a song with the same title a few months ago.
Arch Enemy's My Apocalypse >>>> (about a billion times greater than) Metallica's My Apocalypse. Not to mention AE's song came a few years before Metallica's.

As for the song, I'm not liking the Verse; you had a good thing going w/ the intro and I was looking forward to where it would lead, kind of dissapointed when it came to the verse part. Having said that, the acoustic part does sound good although not for this song, perhaps turn it into another song altogether?

The Chorus was definitely catchy, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Doesn't need any changing =)

Solo at bar 71, not much to say. It was a solo that fits the song haha, I think it sounds good enough and serves its purpose. The tremelo picking @ bar 95 really adds to the chorus IMO, great job!

Overall, I loved the intro, the chorus and most of the Solo, the only things I can point out that MAY need changing (your discretion) are the drums, the Verse, and perhaps the outro, you can turn this easily into a 4-5 min song, but short and concise songs are always a good thing.

7.5/10, can easily be turned into an 8.5 or 9 with some minor tweaking and maybe adding another riff or two (instrumental/no vox).

Oh and congrats, yon rhyming lips with apocalypse haha, clever

CHORUS
Wicked eyes,
Follow my every move,
Vicious tongues,
Fortell my doom.

Don't wanna watch,
The sands of time slip.
I won't let this be,
My apocalypse.

crit a song from my latest album? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095241

aceral1715
04-04-2009, 04:08 AM
Fantastic dude! Normally I dont like to leave short little comments like this but I just wanted to curse you for getting this song stuck in my head for the rest of the day. DAMN YOU

Lol anyways you should write me a solo. Ill pay (maybe) haha

haha thanks. Yeah, i dont mind writing you a solo. Maybe, send me the song sometime an ill see what i can do ;)

eXero
04-04-2009, 12:16 PM
I just get an egyptian feel when listening to the start. The solo is pretty awesome and I love the vocal line, especially the difference with the verse/chorus octaves, although that would properbly be very hard to sing correctly. Loves the guitar parts.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1099956 = C4C

semitone36
04-04-2009, 02:33 PM
haha thanks. Yeah, i dont mind writing you a solo. Maybe, send me the song sometime an ill see what i can do ;)
Haha no thats alright i was joking. I have to learn to write solos eventually. But if you want to check out my song here it is (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1085985)