The Ultimate Settings Thread

PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Settings Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

YouKnowYourRite
06-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Welcome to the Ultimate Settings thread. This is where you can ask all your questions about how to get that "Slash tone" or the Angus Young crunch tone, or any other sounds you wish to nail.

Users are also welcome to submit amp settings if they wish, so other users can just scroll back to find your settings

Please include:

Gear used
Gain
Treble
Bass
Mids
Reverb

Try and specify whether by '7' you mean the 7-o-clock position or the actual number 7.

Sound samples are always welcome too.

If you are playing a marshall MG below 100 you will have a contour knob, this basically sucks your mids so if the mids say 5, set your contour to 5, if you need mids of 7 set your contour to 3. (SV: not too sure on this information, I remember that the contour on the old G-series (MG predecessors, sucked just as much :D) worked just like a mids knob - some input needed here)

I'll start off with a Metallica style setting

Gain - 9
Treble - 10
Mids - 2
Bass - 7
Reverb - 3

If anyone wants to add anything in pm me it and ill do it or tell sv and he could do it.

Enjoy
-Joe

SV:
RULES:
Keep it clean - I'll have this stickied

Spam or unrelated posts will be deleted.

Please keep this thread filled with posts STRICTLY about settings. NOT about which band kicks ass, how bad which amp is, etc. Once again, unrelated posts, WILL be deleted.

From now on, this will be the ONLY thread on settings. ALL OTHER SETTINGS THREADS WILL BE CLOSED AS SOON AS I SEE THEM.

I'd also like to add that this thread is ONLY A REFERENCE to how you might be able to achieve certain tones. At the end of the day, you're not going to nail Petrucci's tone unless you have a rack system that looks like it was designed by NASA, nor are you going to achieve Hendrix's tone by using a Marshall MG10. I personally believe that its also good to try and find your OWN tone, something that isn't copied off someobdy else, but is yours.

I'd also like to give credit to Backup Guitar for approaching me with this thread idea a long long time ago; it was just never implemented due to the lack of time. Cheers buddy :cheers:

Thank you.

SV

WithOneStone
03-26-2005, 11:29 PM
GEAR USED

Epiphone Goth Explorer (stock humbuckers)
Randall 100 w/ Stereo Chorus
Darelectro 7-band EQ pedal run through the Effects Loop

Gain: 5
Treble: 6
Bass: 8
Mids: 2
Reverb: 3 (master reverb)

And I'm fiddling around with the EQ.

I am currently tuned down to C, so I'm looking to model the tone after bands like Arch Enemy and In Flames (The Jester Race-Clayman years).

guitarA-man
03-27-2005, 12:16 AM
Does anyone know and settings or how to get a good Omar rodriguez/mars volta sound? for example songs like eriatarka and interiactic ESP and any other off the De-loused album? thanx in advance

Mascot
03-27-2005, 12:18 AM
Omar has like, 20+ pedals so it'll be difficult to imitate his sound.

utsapp89
03-27-2005, 12:29 AM
^And Orange amps.

grouch593
03-27-2005, 02:49 AM
Anyone know how to acheive a good KISS sound? I have an Ampeg V4..

ImStoneFree
03-27-2005, 06:33 AM
Do anyone know how to get a Fuzz Face? I got a Squier stratocaster,Squier 10w amp n a zoom 505 II

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
03-27-2005, 06:42 AM
umm a fuzz face is a pedal u cant get that effect out of your amp. they cost about $300 australian and theyre totally worth it.

tomslespaul
03-27-2005, 06:53 AM
gah, i dont know how to get a good hard rock gnr style tone out of my hot rod dx still.

l3loody_§abbath
03-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Need good Tony Iommi of black sabbath sound. I'll be playing Warning soon so I need it bad.

adski
03-27-2005, 05:37 PM
i got this set of toni iommi settings of the last thread hope it helps and i mean the numbers not the o'clock position
Bass-6
Treble-6
Middle-6
Gain-7 or 8

if anyone has the puddle of mudd settings they would be greatly appreciated

-adski

flame843
03-28-2005, 10:52 AM
How can you get a Disturbed kind of distortion out of a Digitech RP80? I'm also using a Sunn beta Lead amp and an ESP Viper 50.

stripeysam
03-28-2005, 11:13 AM
i'v been thinking about changing the bridge pickup on my strat to a humbucker to give me more flexibility and a more powerful 'crunch' tone. I would apreciate it if anyone has any specific settings to give me a thick clear overdriven rhythm sound, and also a heavier lead tone. like Jimi Hendrix's in Voodoo Chile, or in Dave Gilmore's Comforably Numb solo. cheers. I have a Marshall AVT 100 btw xxxxxxxx

flytv12
03-28-2005, 02:28 PM
where did the other settings thread go?

ColdConfession8
03-28-2005, 06:51 PM
This is the closet I can get to the Kurt Cobain Chorus sound on a Ibanez CF-7 Pedal
Speed- 10
Depth- 5
Delay Time- 0 or 1.5
Regen- 3

DBS_KICKS_ASS
03-28-2005, 09:23 PM
anyone have settings for a uber metal line 6 that are like all that remains?

Mace_37
03-28-2005, 10:56 PM
I usually set everything to about a 6.
6:00
on the Christmas morning.
that's what I want.

pajamaboy206
03-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Anyone know good Pearl Jam settings I've got a Jackson DKMGT and A peavy classic 30, any advice is appreciated thanks.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
03-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by pajamaboy206
Anyone know good Pearl Jam settings I've got a Jackson DKMGT and A peavy classic 30, any advice is appreciated thanks.

that would be really nice but settings for a decent amp and guitar..maybe a good pearl jam wah wah setting for a boss pw10 vwah.

cheers

alexcjalali
03-30-2005, 07:21 AM
i have a jekyll and hyde, and so do the strokes, but i have no idea what they use. ill even have the same amp soon =-o

masterpate
03-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Anybody know some good settings for three daysw grace with an available bad monkey tub overdrive, and a digitech grunge pedal, i haven't been able to find anything that works good yet. Btw my amp is a Marshall MG 10 with two channels, clean and overdrive

Punkrocker-lp
03-30-2005, 07:46 PM
gear in sig

i want a good Unearth sounds... for the song Zombie Autopilot.. or just just a general Unearth sound heheh but im trying to learn Zombie Autopilot right now...

Knobs...
Amp:
bass
treble
volume

Pedal:
Level
High
Low
Mid
Mid Freq
Distortion

ANY SUGGESTIONS?? plz post knobs as... "o'clock"
EX. High - 3 o'clock THANKS!

TUMFP
03-30-2005, 08:05 PM
any Clapton/Cream tones......like Sunshine Of Your Love?

i got an AD30VT so im pretty sure i can get close i just dont know how......i also got an Agile AL-2800 w/ JB in bridge......any help would be appreciated........o and a BOSS OD if that helps.....

StJimmy
03-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Well I have a boss overdrive/distortion, which is awesome with the right settings. I'm running it through a 15 watt Marshall amp, with a cheap Ibanez guitar. Sometimes I can get some sweet tones out of it, but other times its pretty crappy. Can anybody advise me on some settings?

TNfootballfan62
03-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by TUMFP

i got an AD30VT so im pretty sure i can get close i just dont know how......i also got an Agile AL-2800 w/ JB in bridge......any help would be appreciated........o and a BOSS OD if that helps.....

When playing Clapton, and Cream specifically, I use my neck pickup with a slightly overdriven bluesy tone. Not to much distortion. I usually set lows and highs equally at about 1-3 o clock and fairly high mids.

EDIT: I've found that some of his stuff after Cream, such as Derek and the Dominoes and his Solo career, that he uses a little more highs than in Cream.

Supernova5
03-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Hows bout some evanessence settings? thanx in advance!

mo5178
03-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by TUMFP

Uhmm the avt sucks, but a marshall is neccesary. Clapton used a ES-335 into a wah left in the open position, then ran that into his Marshall Plexi. Clapton has always been an "anti" effect guy. So having a **** load of pedals isnt the way to get to a clapton sound. And by the way, even if you do do this, your not going to "nail" it becuase tone is in the hands. But id recoment turning up the bass and mids, and noking out a little treble, since you dont have a wah, just turn more mids up, and plug straight into the amp. Youll have to fiddle with the settings to get a good breakup sound. NOT a distroted sound, but a broken up sound.

hope this helps!

paper-cut
03-31-2005, 07:01 PM
I got a new amp and my God did I need one! I only had a crappie AXL G10 but saying that I got some ˝ descent sounds from it with my Marshall jackhammer.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has some good setting for

Angels and Insects by Papa Roach

Last resort by Papa Roach

And Crawling by Linkin Park

A clean sound for Teen spirit by Nirvana would also be nice

When I do use my Marshall jh1 (Jackhammer) I only use the ?Ultra Crunch? (one of the setting suggested in the manual)

Does anyone have any cool setting? They would be greatly appreciated!

My amp is a Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 212 and I?m using a Maverick 2005 edition species series

The amp?s I don?t have a clue what to call them but it has

Clean)

Volume 0/10
Bass ?5/+5 (0 being 12 o?clock)
Mid ?5/+5
Treble ?5/+5

Warp) distortion settings

Gain 0/10
Master 0/10
Bass ?5/+5 (0 being 1 2o?clock)
Mid ?5/+5
Treble ?5/+5
Presence ?5/+5

Speaking of Presence what dose it do exactly from what I gather form reading the manual it has something to do with frequency but other than that I have no clue what it does (I just leave it set at 0)

I have a tendency to drag things on a bit so sorry.

mo5178
03-31-2005, 10:21 PM
Even though no one has asked, i have found the path to the Jimmy Page tone.

LED ZEPPELIN 1 Tone

This tone is alot different than the future page tones, it has more of a thick fuzz, and more delay. Most of it was due to page's experimaintation and stretching of the blues.

Page used A VOX wah wah, and ran it into a Gibson(maestro) Fuzz, then ran this into the Maestro EchoPlex. He then put it into his old Supro. I have never played a Supro So i cant tell you the settings on that.

I acheive the LZ 1 tone like this

A VOX v487 into A FULLTONE sould bender, into A vintage Meastro Echoplex(for the solos) into the clean on my Deville.

For the guitar anything will work(honestly) I use The SRV strat at the bridge pick up.

This will give you that "honk" tone, which alot like Black dog, which makes me belive that one of the layerd guitar parts is played with a tele, a fuzz, and supro. Im not sure. Just the ears.

Led Zeppelin 2 through In through the out door

This was quite a difference in tone on these albums from the first.
He ran the wah into the amp, occasionally adding in some echo. Later on(after PHYSICAL GRAFFITI) he added in a MX phase 90(used alot in Zeps downfall) He ran the Wah into his plexi's. Turned up, for the british Crunch.

Here is how i get there.

For this YOU HAVE TO HAVE A LES PAUL. of some kind. I have been unable to effectivly get what i want with the strat. I get an okay sound, but all in all its just not quite right.

I run my paul into my Vox wah, into my Deville's Drive Channel. Drive around 7 or 8 adjusting the volume to fit the accustics.
I like more treble, so i turn the bass ALLthe way down. ONE AT ALL. any bass comes from the wah(mine isnt true bypass.) I turn the treb all the way up(i like it) and the mids around four. This may sound like a trebly idea to you. But try it playing heartbreaker on the Les Paul Bridge pick up, youll get that page sting.

Ne way, i just thought id drop this. sorry about the length. This may get you close to a Pagey tone, but remember its all in the hands.

Supernova5
04-01-2005, 01:05 AM
What is Mark Knopfler (i think thats how u spell it lol) using in Money for Nothing and how could i possibly come close to that sound? Thanx Dawgs...:cheers:

wilty00
04-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Anyone with some Aerosmith or Van Halen settings? Im using a Marshalll MGDFX, Gibson SG Special, Zoom 606 Multi-Effects and Digitech Wammmy Ferrari.

Morning_Star53
04-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Mascot
Omar has like, 20+ pedals so it'll be difficult to imitate his sound. dont you mean 200+?

he did use over 200 diffrent pedals on frances...not all at once.....he used like 20 diffrent phasers and like 40 diffrent delay pedals

DeSean
04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Anyone know how to get that sharp sound that Red Hot cHili Peppers have, when playing live? My guitars are in my sig, and i use a Roland Cube 30 amp. Thanks

dropped-b
04-01-2005, 06:29 PM
ok, here goes; to the man with the knopfler:

Knopfler generally uses strats, and his fingers instead of a pick. Also, in that particular song he uses a wah pedal as a filter, i don't have any settings but that should give you a good idea.

Now as for the RHCP sound, frechante uses strats, usually the bridge pickup, so with your strat if you've got a coil tap you're good to go, but if not then cut the bass on the neck pickup and boost the treble a bit.

Now, as for my request, i've got an ESP EC-100 and a korg ax10 G and i was wondering if someone could give me some good petrucci rhythm and lead settings, i know he boosts his mids and rolls off his treble for his lead, but i don't know what to start from, i need a hand.

lifeishockey26
04-01-2005, 06:37 PM
what is the settings for Green Day's Holiday? I have an Ibanez Gio, and some crappy ibanez amp.

FlyingFuc!<
04-02-2005, 12:40 AM
looking to get the Thrice tone. the lead for The Artist in The Ambulance, Deadbolt, The Beltsville Crucible, etc.

Using Gibson Sg Standard stock pick ups
Marshall AVT 150 Halfstack with AVT 400 cab
stock speakers.

maybe running through a Boss DS-1 if it makes nailing the tone easier.

Angry-Young-Man
04-02-2005, 05:15 AM
Ok I need the tone in Blitzkrieg Bop from an Epiphone gothic les paul and a zoom fire 30 amp. If you've got any settings for the Chili peppers version of Havana Affair that'd be great too.

Disposable_Hero
04-02-2005, 10:05 PM
Heres a good setting for a nice thick metal crunch.

Gain - 7
Bass - 8
Mids - 6
Treble - 7

I use that rough idea on my Peavey XXX cept i usually have the gain a little lower.

Heres another setting. Its a great lead tone. I use it on the ultra channel of my XXX.

Gain - 8
Bass - 7
Mids - 8
Treble - 8

Once again though i usually have my gain quite a bit lower.

fargo126
04-03-2005, 11:07 AM
im trying to get a jimmy page sound from a marshall AVT20, settings please?

Smitherz
04-03-2005, 11:18 AM
mexican strat
roland cube 30

gain: 1
treble: 5
mids: 7
bass: 10
reverb: about 5 (not 5'oclock)

or

gain: 8
treb: 9
mid: 5
bass: 3
reverb: none.

i use this on my black panel or i switch it to my jazz clean channel with no gain, and the reverb is so delicious.

adski
04-03-2005, 04:13 PM
does any one know any hip hop settings???

like 50 cent etc...

LedZep4EVA
04-03-2005, 04:29 PM
jimmy page sound i have a 73 les paul custom nd a peavey classic amp

stripeysam
04-03-2005, 05:19 PM
i'v been thinking about changing the bridge pickup on my strat to a humbucker to give me more flexibility and a more powerful 'crunch' tone. I would apreciate it if anyone has any specific settings to give me a thick clear overdriven rhythm sound, and also a heavier lead tone. like Jimi Hendrix's in Voodoo Chile, or in Dave Gilmore's Comforably Numb solo. cheers. I have a Marshall AVT 100 btw xxxxxxxx

really needing these settings becasue we are recording on friday

guitarfreak414
04-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Looking for some settings for Van Halen, Metallica and ACDC. I Have a Roland Cube 30.

Thanks

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by fargo126
im trying to get a jimmy page sound from a marshall AVT20, settings please?

as was said earlier in this forum, try putting the bass at around 1 and put the treble ALL THE WAY UP and dial the mids at about 4. then put the gain at around 4 because jimmy page didnt use very much. then mess around with reverb.

hope this helps

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by LedZep4EVA
jimmy page sound i have a 73 les paul custom nd a peavey classic amp

look at my last reply

flytv12
04-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by mo5178
Uhmm the avt sucks, but a marshall is neccesary. Clapton used a ES-335 into a wah left in the open position, then ran that into his Marshall Plexi. Clapton has always been an "anti" effect guy. So having a **** load of pedals isnt the way to get to a clapton sound. And by the way, even if you do do this, your not going to "nail" it becuase tone is in the hands. But id recoment turning up the bass and mids, and noking out a little treble, since you dont have a wah, just turn more mids up, and plug straight into the amp. Youll have to fiddle with the settings to get a good breakup sound. NOT a distroted sound, but a broken up sound.

hope this helps!

how would i get that tone with a wah (crybaby modded, most noticable mod is a fazel inductor) and a peavey classic 30 (The OD channel can get some good breakup tones)

flytv12
04-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by stripeysam

really needing these settings becasue we are recording on friday

Seymour Duncan '59 PAF or Seth Lover

hendrix used a neck pickup, I cant give specifics i have never played an ATV so I am basing this on a better version of an MG, try treble 5-7 and bass 4-6 and mids from 6-8 lots of reverb not much gain, you need a wah. his tone is kinda muddy.

FlyingFuc!<
04-03-2005, 11:51 PM
there;s no such thing as an AVT 100......

Danno13
04-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Sorry, guys. New here, and I'm an idiot. Ibanez Z10G amp (dont ask), so no reverb. bass, treble and mids all +10/-10.

Any tips for Slash's tone in Coma or Nightrain?

Also, i'm tryin to get a meatier sound on my two highest strings, I play some later Megadeth stuff (Disconnect, etc)

thanks, guys

GreenDayChris
04-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Ok, I'll help some of you guys out with some settings outta Total Guitar. Lazy and stealing I know, but also helpful.

All numbers are numbers not o'clocks

Jimi Hendrix
Gain - 4
Treble - 5
Mid - 5
Bass - 8
Reverb - 5

Tom Morello
Gain - 7
Treble - 10
Mid - 4
Bass - 4
Reverb - 0

Eric Clapton
Gain - 7
Teble - 5
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Presence - 8

Mick Thompson
Gain - 9-10
Treble - 8
Mid - 7
Bass - 8
Reverb - 2
Note tuning of B F B E Gsharp Csharp (low to high)

Jimmy Page
Gain - 4
Treble - 8
Mid - 3
Bass - 7
Reverb - 2

Kurt Cobain
Gain - 7
Treble - 7
Mid - 4
Bass - 3
Reverb - 2

Eddie Van Halen
Gain - 6
Treble - 4
Mid - 3
Bass- 9
Reverb - 4

John Frusciante
Gain - 4
Treble - 8
Mid - 2
Bass - 6
Reverb - 7

Kirk Hammet
Gain - 7
Treble - 7
Mid - 2
Bass - 7
Reverb - 2

Keith Richards
Gain - 4.5
Treble - 4.5
Mid - 6.5
Bass - 5.5
Reverb - 1.5
Note use of open G tuning, D G D G B D (low to high)

The Edge
Gain - 1.5
Treble - 7
Mid - 5
Bass - 3
Reverb - 8.5

Brian May
Gain - 8.5
Treble - 4
Mid - 9
Bass - 5.5
Reverb - 4
Note Brian famously uses old sixpences to pick the strings of his guitar.

Jack White
Gain - 8
Treble - 7
Mid - 5
Bass - 8
Prescence - 8

Slash
Gain - 6.5
Treble - 4.5
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Presence - 8

Hope that helped a few people.
By the way the settings were taken from a Total Guitar 'Hero Worship Explosion' book that came with the mag and the book also has info on amps, guitars, effects etc - so if you want more information you can PM me.
:cheers:

Daveus
04-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know of any site that have alot of settings for alot of differnt bands? I just need a place for quick reference because I'm try to come up with a good tone for myself.

Dave

Punkrocker-lp
04-04-2005, 06:59 PM
ooo ya that would be awesome actually, a quick reference site! hopefully someone posts one so i can mooch it too! yay! haha

arcanum_jcp
04-05-2005, 07:50 AM
um... here are the settings i use whenever i do a solo...

treble-8
bass-7
middle-5
gain-9
master vol.-3 or higher

they aren't really that good... :(

adski
04-05-2005, 11:47 AM
puddle of mudd settings any one or any sort of hip hop style guitar???

Valterra
04-06-2005, 04:58 PM
My own personal settings. I use this setting for jamming. It's a really nice clear but heavy distortion setting, great for metal. I'm running it through a Fender© Champion 300, a Boss Metal Zone MT-2 and a Washburn Idol Series WI-64.

Gain- (on pedal. Amp switched to Clean setting) Max or 3/4 up
Treble- (amp)-10 (pedal)- both at 3 o'clock
Bass- (amp)- 1
Mids- (amp)- 4ish/5 (pedal)- both at 12 o'clock
Reverb- (amp) optional. Turn it up for leads, off for everything else

Xinlitik
04-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Anyone know the settings on Crazy Train?

gibsonguy185
04-06-2005, 10:00 PM
hey does anyone know how to get that Justin Hawkins (The Darkness) overdriven amp solo tone i mean it sounds like his amp could blow i would really appreciate it if anyone has it. I got a Gibson Les Paul Studio. Line 6 Pod XT Live and Line 6 Spider 212 thanks alot

xdespairfactor
04-06-2005, 10:23 PM
David Gilmour on a TSL 602?

A55Clown
04-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Anyone know how to get Pink Floyd's tone on Breathe (first full song on Dark Side of the Moon)?

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-07-2005, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by gibsonguy185
hey does anyone know how to get that Justin Hawkins (The Darkness) overdriven amp solo tone i mean it sounds like his amp could blow i would really appreciate it if anyone has it. I got a Gibson Les Paul Studio. Line 6 Pod XT Live and Line 6 Spider 212 thanks alot

i think they both use tube screamers for solos..but i saw a photo of his eq as he was playing and it was like this..not in oclock

bass- 6
treble-8
mid-8
gain-7
reverb-5

hope this helped

gibsonguy185
04-07-2005, 05:29 PM
sorry man but that didnt sound 2 much like it if u listen to their stuff it sounds like the amp is gunna blow like hes pushing his amps soo hard thats what it sounds like just check out some of their songs when he solos thanks anyway tho

Ibanezsz320guy
04-07-2005, 05:38 PM
what is the settings for the band atreyu. I think ive almost got it down but im missing something. Their guitars have like a certain bite to them that i cant seem to find.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by gibsonguy185
sorry man but that didnt sound 2 much like it if u listen to their stuff it sounds like the amp is gunna blow like hes pushing his amps soo hard thats what it sounds like just check out some of their songs when he solos thanks anyway tho

that setting sounds alright on my amp..justian uses some clear prespex guitar in the studio for solos and they both use tube screamers for that tone..go try one at a guitar shop

nethernexus
04-07-2005, 11:10 PM
My guitar and setup are on my sig but i was wondering if anyone had some good settings, especially on my toneworks, for metal and blues lead. The presets are ok, but if anyone has some thoughts let me know please.

Thanks

Xinlitik
04-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Actually, does anyone know the settings for the following players?

Tony Iommi in original Sabbath.
Adrian Smith on Number of the Beast
Randy Rhoads in Blizzard and Diary

Thanks!

inafantasy
04-08-2005, 08:25 AM
does any one know any hip hop settings???

i do.. i think they have this special kind called crap..

anyone have the settings for some of mars volta's shtuff?

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by inafantasy
i do.. i think they have this special kind called crap..

o haha ur clever dick head..not. this thread is to help so grow up

Danno13
04-08-2005, 01:09 PM
ZoSo, all the guitars used in hip-hop are jusr recordings from real bands. So it's not like 50 Cent or Dre has a guitarist. Ask for a Joe Perry sound, Eminem used Aerosmith clips quite a bit on Eminem Show.

A55Clown
04-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by A55Clown
Anyone know how to get Pink Floyd's tone on Breathe (first full song on Dark Side of the Moon)?

?

Iwantaguitar
04-08-2005, 09:14 PM
guys a little help in here pls

settings for green day, blink 182 and sum 41

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-09-2005, 04:36 AM
a nice angus young setting not in oclock

bass 5
treble 10
mid 10
gain 5

Haagse
04-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Hi!

What eq settings is the best for these songs:

1. Voodoo Child
2. Paranoid
3. Midnight

I have a fender strat and a ibanez rg370dx both with stock pickups

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-09-2005, 08:02 AM
can anyone please tell me a good setting for the stairway to heaven solo..my gear is in my signature.

thanks

Blackbullet
04-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Danno13
ZoSo, all the guitars used in hip-hop are jusr recordings from real bands. So it's not like 50 Cent or Dre has a guitarist. Ask for a Joe Perry sound, Eminem used Aerosmith clips quite a bit on Eminem Show.

erm if knew anything about hiphop then you would know that, that is not true.
Ozomalti use real instruments to write thier songs, as do The Roots and A tribe called quest (and probably a few more) and theyre all hiphop.

scorpion618^
04-09-2005, 02:24 PM
For punk and older music I use
Gain:7
Treble:1
Middle:9
Bass:1

For metal I use
Gain:10 (or 11 if you're into that kind of thing)
Treble:9
Middle:1
Bass:9

wilty00
04-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Meh... anyone got any good settings for the Home Sweet Home solo by Motley Crue? Or just any motley crue settings at all? Itd be greatly appreciated...

Gibson SG Special,
Marshall MGDFX 50
Zoom 606 effects pedal
Digitech Whammy ferrari

Help!

dyingforwhat
04-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by wilty00
Meh... anyone got any good settings for the Home Sweet Home solo by Motley Crue? Or just any motley crue settings at all? Itd be greatly appreciated...

Gibson SG Special,
Marshall MGDFX 50
Zoom 606 effects pedal
Digitech Whammy ferrari

Help!

Well, for that Dr Feelgood or Kickstart my Heart sound, I usually use on my MG (meh, decent enough practice amp):
Gain: 3
Bass: Between 2 and 3
Contour: Between 2 and 3
Treble: All the way up

wilty00
04-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks man ill go try it out :cheers:

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-09-2005, 08:40 PM
can anyone give me a good setting for the stairway to heaven solo..my gear is in my signature.

cheers

fav13andac1)c
04-09-2005, 11:05 PM
anyone no angus young? i have a Silvertone Guitar and and a silvertone BAXS(amp)

A55Clown
04-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by ZoSo.Led.Zep.
can anyone give me a good setting for the stairway to heaven solo..my gear is in my signature.

cheers

Lol good luck man. Page, while known for his Les Paul, actually used a Telecaster for the solo on the studio recording of Stairway. It's not going to be easy getting the Stairway tone on your LP, and I don't know how to begin telling you how to do it, but I wanted to tell you that so you didn't get discouraged.

TNfootballfan62
04-10-2005, 12:08 AM
^^^He could always try to get the live tone, which was played on the SG doubleneck(2 humbuckers)

failurepunk182
04-10-2005, 12:53 AM
can anyone give me settings for a nice warm clean tone. kind of like the clean tone on the ghost of you by mcr. i have a gmx 212.

arcinok
04-10-2005, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by failurepunk182
can anyone give me settings for a nice warm clean tone. kind of like the clean tone on the ghost of you by mcr. i have a gmx 212.

Use a chorus + reverb + little delay, with around 8 bass, 4 treble and 5 mid.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by TNfootballfan62
^^^He could always try to get the live tone, which was played on the SG doubleneck(2 humbuckers)

and i have the epiphone double neck so if anyone knows a good steeing for getting a stairway to heaven solo sound please post them.

cheers

lifeishockey26
04-10-2005, 11:05 AM
how do you chose what pickup is used? what do the different pickups sound like?

TNfootballfan62
04-10-2005, 02:17 PM
^^^In my strat, Then neck pickup is more bassy with more mids. Not particularly soft.

HopePoisoned
04-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by chris-liggett
The bridge pickup has a more trebly sound, the middle has like a crunch sound, and the one nearest to the fretboard has quite a soft sound

not for the most part

bridge is treble full
neck is bass full
middle is pretty in the middle, on the bass side

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-11-2005, 02:55 AM
can someone give me a good setting for the stairway to heaven solo setting? my gear is in my signature.

cheers

IPLAYBASS
04-11-2005, 08:13 PM
I need a Good Rammsteinish tone. I have a Les Paul copy that I run through a wylde od and boss mt-2 through a hartke 2500 head.(dont laugh at me I love the sound I get out of the head. It gives me a little extra low end,lol.)

Snoops
04-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Can anyone tell me any good settings for a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal. Im kinda looking for like a good Metallica sound or anything heavier than that would be good too

Haagse
04-12-2005, 08:34 AM
voodoo child settings
Hi!

I need some help with my eq/settings to play voodoo child, i'm going to play it live this friday, so I need som help eith the tone.

My gear:

Fender Stratocaster (stock picukps)
Ibanez rg370dx

Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal

Crybaby - GCB95 Wah pedal

Roland Cube60" Cosm amp, with a lot of different distortion possibilities, among them a classic stack option, for a marshall sound.

And how should my settings be?

PM me

FghtFfYrDmns
04-12-2005, 08:44 AM
I have (will have) a fender blues junior and a boss ds-1 pedal, i aslo have a digitech rp 200a. I want
A general Punk Tone and a Led Zeppelin Tone. Thanks

Angry-Young-Man
04-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Ok if anyone has Minor Threats tone that'd be awesome. Zoom fire 30 and and an epiphone gothic les paul.

IPLAYBASS
04-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Snoops
Can anyone tell me any good settings for a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal. Im kinda looking for like a good Metallica sound or anything heavier than that would be good too

Set the level a little past 12 o clock, the highs about 2-3, lows maxed, and the mids about 8-9 o clock, and gain full or around 4.5-5. It gives me a good all around heavy sound. Hope this helped you.

utsapp89
04-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by inafantasy

As stated on the first page, Omar's sound is damned near impossible to imitate, because it relies so heavily on pedals run through various Orange heads and a custom Ibanez.

mo5178
04-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by flytv12
how would i get that tone with a wah (crybaby modded, most noticable mod is a fazel inductor) and a peavey classic 30 (The OD channel can get some good breakup tones)

click it on, and leave it in the heel down(toe up) position to flood with mids, it will help u get the woman tone, dial down the tone nob on your bridge pickup.

mo5178
04-14-2005, 06:28 PM
If ur trying to get a glimour sound, u need a lot more than an amp and a guitar, there is an estimation on gilmours rigs price that someowhere around 26 grand. Good luck

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-15-2005, 04:43 AM
hi im after the sort of sound jimmy page gets on live versions of ''the rain song'' ''the song remains the same'' and stairway to heaven''. they all have lightly distorted strumming with the guitars volume rolled back but volume put up for solo parts etc.

this would be great if anyone has any
gear in signature
cheers

failurepunk182
04-15-2005, 05:22 PM
coheed and cambria tone anyone?

mo5178
04-15-2005, 06:04 PM
hi im after the sort of sound jimmy page gets on live versions of ''the rain song'' ''the song remains the same'' and stairway to heaven''. they all have lightly distorted strumming with the guitars volume rolled back but volume put up for solo parts etc.

this would be great if anyone has any
gear in signature
cheers

The Song remains the same, rain song, and stairway are played on the gibson 12 six, wich is a doubleneck incase you unfamiliar with the guitar. In the studio his twleve string madness was handled by a fender XII, he required the double for the live versions. The trick here isnt that its a distrotion pedal, infact Jimmy played really quite clean. So clean in fact heonly turned his 200 watt marshalls to around fourso that they would stay cleaner longer.

But it is undeniable to say that he got break up. And its from the marshall, and the secret is his strumming and technique. Page was one of the Sloppier players so notes would often blur together and sound dirtier than they really are. Live, his distrotion was the result of harder strumming with the amp just louder, wich resulted in the break up.

The live Stairway performances are amazingly clean, just listen to the hard part in the end. Its CRAZY clean, all things considering. The tune tends to sound dirty becuase of the jingly twelve string through the Modified Plexi's. I hope this help.

Again im not a thousand percent sure about it, id guess for an exact representation, ud need to ask Jimmy yourself....

rockguitarist65
04-15-2005, 08:46 PM
i have a Gibson SG Standard and a Crate GT212. I wanted to know how i could get a ZZ Top sound. Any help would be great.

TNfootballfan62
04-15-2005, 09:02 PM
^^^ I haven't tested this or ever tried it, but i would imagine something like mids fairly high, mabey 7. Highs mabey around 5. Lows mabey around 7. Nice bluesy overdriven distortion. Let me know how it works out. *None of those are o'clock*

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-15-2005, 10:23 PM
The Song remains the same, rain song, and stairway are played on the gibson 12 six, wich is a doubleneck incase you unfamiliar with the guitar. In the studio his twleve string madness was handled by a fender XII, he required the double for the live versions. The trick here isnt that its a distrotion pedal, infact Jimmy played really quite clean. So clean in fact heonly turned his 200 watt marshalls to around fourso that they would stay cleaner longer.

But it is undeniable to say that he got break up. And its from the marshall, and the secret is his strumming and technique. Page was one of the Sloppier players so notes would often blur together and sound dirtier than they really are. Live, his distrotion was the result of harder strumming with the amp just louder, wich resulted in the break up.

The live Stairway performances are amazingly clean, just listen to the hard part in the end. Its CRAZY clean, all things considering. The tune tends to sound dirty becuase of the jingly twelve string through the Modified Plexi's. I hope this help.

Again im not a thousand percent sure about it, id guess for an exact representation, ud need to ask Jimmy yourself....

i have the epiphone 1275 which is basically the double neck gibson incase u didnt know. the live stairway is dirty he jsut has the guitars volume knob rolled back but it is still distorted all the way through.

if any one can accually help it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

guitarA-man
04-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Can anyone help in getting that Alex Lifeson/rush sound. Any settings would be good, ive currently been trying to get the sound from "Xanadu", but im having trouble getting the tone right.

thanx in advance

bettyswollox
04-16-2005, 07:36 AM
aynone know any settings for the futureheads, mainly hounds of love and decent days and nights. my gear is stated below if that helps

Metalology
04-16-2005, 02:21 PM
What are the settings for "Tender Surrender" by Steve Vai?

cantshreddave
04-16-2005, 03:59 PM
for an eric clapton sound (cream era) get a marshall tube amp and turn all the eq, gain and volume to full (10), humbuckers will be better

LedZep4EVA
04-16-2005, 05:48 PM
any one no a good dazed and confused setting by led zep

mo5178
04-16-2005, 07:13 PM
i have the epiphone 1275 which is basically the double neck gibson incase u didnt know. the live stairway is dirty he jsut has the guitars volume knob rolled back but it is still distorted all the way through.

if any one can accually help it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Why the hell do u have to be a jerk about it. I tried to actually help you. i was giving you my opinion. Sorry we can all be as f**** enligtning as you. If u you know so well, stand in front of the amp by yourself, and figure it out.

Dont ask, get advice and shut it down from someone who has actually sat down with the guitar and made it work. I have a british style amp (an old marshall major) and im telling you what it takes for me. I Have the gibson double neck, and i have owned the epiphone, so i know what it is. Im telling you what worked for me, if your going to piss on my advice, go ahead, and figure out for yourself. I hope no one again helps you with your tonal requests.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Why the hell do u have to be a jerk about it. I tried to actually help you. i was giving you my opinion. Sorry we can all be as f**** enligtning as you. If u you know so well, stand in front of the amp by yourself, and figure it out.

Dont ask, get advice and shut it down from someone who has actually sat down with the guitar and made it work. I have a british style amp (an old marshall major) and im telling you what it takes for me. I Have the gibson double neck, and i have owned the epiphone, so i know what it is. Im telling you what worked for me, if your going to piss on my advice, go ahead, and figure out for yourself. I hope no one again helps you with your tonal requests.

umm..i didnt shut down ur advice..i just asked if anyone else had other settings because urs didnt work well with my gear.

no need to get worked up and sad mo..maybe u should go to the emo forum and have a cry there.

kind regards

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-16-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by LedZep4EVA
any one no a good dazed and confused setting by led zep

for a jimmy page tone
put the gain at 4-6
mids at 4
treble at 9 or 10
bass at 1 or 2
reverb at 4ish

this works well with the bridge humbucker but sounds bad with single coils

Bigred1818
04-17-2005, 06:53 AM
What setting is ideal for finger tapping with no feedback. For IE: thrice - deadbolt.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-17-2005, 07:49 AM
anyone got a good stairway to heaven live setting?

cheers

lifeishockey26
04-17-2005, 04:04 PM
^ you have asked that about a million times already...i dont think anyone knows...but on topic..how about a setting for Holiday by Green Day?

Jeffthecedar
04-17-2005, 08:57 PM
anybody know good "rock and roll" (led zep) settings?

TNfootballfan62
04-17-2005, 08:59 PM
^^^Led zeppelin settings are listed multiple times in this thread, just look around.

mo5178
04-17-2005, 09:18 PM
umm..i didnt shut down ur advice..i just asked if anyone else had other settings because urs didnt work well with my gear.

no need to get worked up and sad mo..maybe u should go to the emo forum and have a cry there.

kind regards

I really dont like emo. Do u really think i belong in the emo forums, but ill admit, maybe i got pissed quick, sorry brotha. You left out the part about it not working on YOUR gear.

The only reason i have the rage icon is cause i dont have enough posts to put a custom one in there. Zep is my fav band. I heart Zep...

Punkrocker-lp
04-17-2005, 10:23 PM
gears in my sig

i want a good Unearth sound... or Atreyu Sound... Or Killswitch Sound... if anyone has any of those PLEASE tell me! lol

Knobs...

Amp:
bass
treble
volume

Pedal:
Level
High
Low
Mid
Mid Freq
Distortion

ANY SUGGESTIONS?? plz post knobs as... "o'clock"
EX. High - 3 o'clock THANKS!

mtlhdwylde
04-18-2005, 12:43 AM
Line 6 Spider 112
green-Insane
Drive, Bass, Treble, and Channel all the way up and no Mid

I AM CAT
04-18-2005, 02:08 AM
how to get a good note tone with heavy metal sounding palm mutes...like an avenged sevenfold sound with a ibanez tone blaster half stack and a metalzone...gibson sg and carvin

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-18-2005, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Jeffthecedar
anybody know good "rock and roll" (led zep) settings?

not in o'clock
gain at 4-6
treble at 9 or 10
if u have a wah wah without true bypass then pit bass at 1 but if u dont have a wah then put bass at 1-2
mids 4

joyzeelife
04-18-2005, 03:38 PM
How do i get a good Green Day distortion sound....?

l3loody_§abbath
04-18-2005, 03:52 PM
need War Pigs Tony Iommi sound. Knobs as o'clock if you can.

Thanks FRIEND

mtlhdwylde
04-18-2005, 08:11 PM
How do i get a good sound out of an Ibanez Flanger pedal

k-tallica
04-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Anyone Know of to get a good thrice/Atreyu Kind of sound?
I use a Epiphone Gothic 1958 Flying V w/ Seymour Duncan Dimebuckers and a Marshall MG250DFX

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-20-2005, 03:31 AM
does anyone have a good blues setting
and im also looking for a neil young/ crazy horse setting
my gear is in my signature

cheers

Bigred1818
04-20-2005, 03:39 AM
Quit posting so much about it.....Someone will get the settings for you. Just be damn patient.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-20-2005, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Bigred1818
Quit posting so much about it.....Someone will get the settings for you. Just be damn patient.

maybe if you could read you would be able to see that im asking for totally different settings. next time dont be stupid and maybe learn to read.

ta

adski
04-20-2005, 12:53 PM
RADIOHEAD SETTINGS ANYONE???

THANK YOU!!!

spidergod
04-20-2005, 02:06 PM
I am wondering how to get the "Nirvana sound". Mostly from Smells like teen spirit. I want to know what effects they used and other stuff like where to turn my knobs (yea im really new at this). Thanks for help

Greenfinger182
04-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Could anyone hook me up with the Alkaline Trio sound? Thanks.

IPLAYBASS
04-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Any one know a good general Zakk Wylde sound? I have a V-amp 2 and a Les Paul.

Bigred1818
04-21-2005, 02:28 AM
maybe if you could read you would be able to see that im asking for totally different settings. next time dont be stupid and maybe learn to read.

ta

Dude you freaking changed that and you know it.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Dude you freaking changed that and you know it.

if i changed it then it would say edited on and have a date..i dont see that anywhere do u?

get ur eyes checked and u still need to learn how to read.

ta

jmag
04-21-2005, 05:00 PM
any1 knows any good metal distortion and solo settings for the zoom 505 II guitar? my gear is that pedal, a kustom kga10 and a marshall rocket special if that helps in anything.

danilo19
04-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by IPLAYBASS
Any one know a good general Zakk Wylde sound? I have a V-amp 2 and a Les Paul.

straight from BlackLabelSociety.net gear section

Amplifier Settings:
Preamp: 10
Bass: 10
Mid: 4-6
Treble: 4-6
Presence: 2
Master: 4-6

joyzeelife
04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Green Day anybody?

MeGaDeth2314
04-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Can someone please suggest some settings for Van Halens' Eruption?

guitarA-man
04-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Does anyone kno any good settings for Santana's stuff? By the way i still havent got a reply for the rush "xanadu" settings; those would also be appreciated.

thanx in advance :)

zygie
04-24-2005, 12:49 PM
anyone know how to imitate linkin park settings?

JackWhite1988
04-24-2005, 01:52 PM
anyone got "dire straits/sultans of swing" settings?

Spider II 2x12
Peavey Wolfgang
GT-6 Boss effects processor

joyzeelife
04-24-2005, 02:16 PM
No body ever responds, why should i bother...and dont say...oh just be patient...cause i know no body really cares....

arcinok
04-24-2005, 03:33 PM
http://www.chargeworld.com/Vaughandrix%20-%20Mark%20Cole%20-%20ChargeWorld.com.mp3

Can anybody tell me the effects used in the lead? I tried using distortion and overdrive to massive ammounts and I can't even get close to the thick tone.

I'm using an Agile-AL3000 on rolled back neck pickup.

heavymetalnoize
04-24-2005, 04:14 PM
what are some amp settings for metal solos?

Gibsun_Rider
04-24-2005, 09:58 PM
ok this thread is really goin down hill hey guys??? i mean there are pages and pages of questions and no replies....just play with the treb mid bass and contour whatever knobs you got....isnt that half the fun i mean its just to easy to let someone else do it for you....go buy a POD or GNX4 or something and just download them lol

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-24-2005, 11:04 PM
stairway to heaven solo settings anybody?
or a good blues setting

thanks

Xinlitik
04-24-2005, 11:11 PM
Ok, for intro on I Believe In A Thing Called Love, I use:

1 Low
2 Mid
10 High

Probably is wrong, but it sounds good to me. Careful with the volume or you'll pierce your ears cause of the high treble..haha.

IPLAYBASS
04-25-2005, 12:12 AM
Any got a good Vai lead sound or just a good shred setting. I have a V-amp 2 and a les paul.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-25-2005, 05:23 AM
a good 'the doors' setting for roadhouse blues

thanls alot

TNfootballfan62
04-25-2005, 05:34 PM
stairway to heaven solo settings anybody?
or a good blues setting

thanks

For a good blues setting in general. I like to put the gain at 5 or 6, depending on the song. The highs at about 5. The mids almost all the way up, and the lows at 6 or 7, mabey higher.

These settings are not o clock.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-26-2005, 03:56 AM
thanks man its good to get a reply..id say this thread seems to be going down hill abit...

cheers

dd2060
04-27-2005, 11:27 AM
dose any body know how to get any good metallica, ac/dc, black sabbath, the darkness sounds out of a
carlsbro stingray 50 amp
ibanez dt200 destroyer guitar
boss mt2 metal zone pedal

dorian_mode
04-28-2005, 12:11 PM
my generation/the who is it just a clean guitar getting hammered?

l3loody_§abbath
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
OKay this is like the first ANSWER post for a long time...Cmon guys dont be so lazy.

Black Sabbath/Tony Iommi

Dist/Gain= 2 o'clock
Treble= 11 o'clock
Mid= 5 o'clock
Bass= 3 o'clock

I add a heavy distortion pedal to more 'cringy' sounding songs or solos that he does, also a wah pedal helps for a lot of his riffs.

White_sabbath
04-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Anyone have a good Dime sound??

Something like the intro of Hollow, and btw, any Angus Young here????

ANTIHIPPY102
04-28-2005, 06:56 PM
here is my problem:
my effect doesnt sound very good, it almost sounds like it breaks up when i try to do hammer-ons ect. I would like to have a tone/setting similar to the lead guitarist from Blind Guardian, that kind of tone. i have messed around with a lot of my settings, but i jsut cant get anything to sound right.

im using a DigiTech RP50 for my effects pedal

FlyingFuc!<
04-28-2005, 09:12 PM
thrice tones por favor?

Bigred1818
04-29-2005, 03:48 AM
^ What is your equipment. I can help you for Thrice but i need to know what your using.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
04-29-2005, 04:03 AM
does anyone have a good velvet revolver slash tone.

thanks

grae
04-29-2005, 05:03 AM
Does anyone know how to get the right sound for enter sandman by metallica.

i hav an epiphone sg, (not the rite guitar i know)
marshall mg15 cd,
and a zoom gfx5 multi effex pedal.

Thanx!!!

IlIk2plygUItAr
04-29-2005, 09:17 PM
which settings do i use on the red hot chili peppers "otherside"?
i have an epiphone fat-210, marshall mg15dfx, and digitech hotrod distortion.

FlyingFuc!<
04-30-2005, 12:09 PM
^ What is your equipment. I can help you for Thrice but i need to know what your using.

Gibson sg standard, stock pickups
marshall AVt150 half stack

Caressing Death
04-30-2005, 01:51 PM
can someone help me get a Zakk Wylde tone? I have a Korg 1500G. And what tunig does he use?

PunkRock_Smiley
04-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Gain - 9
Treble - 10
Mids - 2
Bass - 7
Reverb - 3

^ Okay, so I have treble and bass on my distortion peddle.. and i have middle on my amp.. but whats the gain and reverb?

Is it just that my amp doesn't have them? Or that I need a diff distortion peddle?

My amps a Peavey Rage 158 and I have a danelectro fabtone distortion peddle.

seljer
04-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Blackbullet
erm if knew anything about hiphop then you would know that, that is not true.
Ozomalti use real instruments to write thier songs, as do The Roots and A tribe called quest (and probably a few more) and theyre all hiphop.

rap and stuff is pretty broad from where its taking the musical background from...

One possibility is funk too. Might have been something allread mentioned in this thread, dont have many other ideas ...

D-Fens
04-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Anyone for some setting or suggestions on a CCR John/Tom Fogerty tone? A tone such as the ones used on "Green River" and "Fortunate Son", but the clean tone as in "Proud Mary" maybe appreciated. Also, is there a good RATM tone for my gear listed below?

GEAR:
Epiphone G-400
Line Six Spider II

csmeatwad
05-01-2005, 11:26 AM
how bout blur like in 'song 2'?

::got a marshall::

GNR4EVER
05-02-2005, 07:21 AM
Does anyone Know a sort of 'clear' distortion on a BOSS metal-zone (MT-2) ? Kinda like a treble-y distortion that isn't too heavy

s470prestige
05-02-2005, 12:57 PM
i wanna kno the settings you guys use to get the best metal sound out of our marshall jcm 2000 dsl 100. dont really wanna sound like anyone in particuly, just wanna good metal sound

flytv12
05-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by arcinok
http://www.chargeworld.com/Vaughandrix%20-%20Mark%20Cole%20-%20ChargeWorld.com.mp3

Can anybody tell me the effects used in the lead? I tried using distortion and overdrive to massive ammounts and I can't even get close to the thick tone.

I'm using an Agile-AL3000 on rolled back neck pickup.

thats a pretty clean tone maby it's a strat's neck pickup with volume and tone rolled back a little

with the LP type um....have fun.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-03-2005, 04:51 AM
hey does anyone have a good slash tone like when he played star spangeled banner on a rooftop or when they played knockin on heavens door at the freddie mercury tribute concert.

im looking for distorted not clean

thanks

TheRealKlaatu
05-03-2005, 11:11 AM
I have to play "Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own" this Sunday, and, as is often the case with The Edge, the effects are really important to the song. I think I can get close to his delay and reverb settings, and I can manage the slide solo (does he wear a pinky slide?) But I am flummoxed by the high-pitched notes during the second verse. They almost sound like harmonics, but they are neither pinched nor natural. Is it possible he is simply using a pitch shifter? Anyone know?

TNfootballfan62
05-03-2005, 11:50 AM
^^^I've never heard the song you are talking about, but if he uses a slide, and the high pitch notes aren't harmonics, he may be using the slide up above the fretboard. Like i said, i have no idea what song you're talking about, but that seems the most likely case if the pitches are not harmonics.

acdc101
05-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Anyone have some settings for surfing with the alien by Joe Satriani, not much of a shred fan, but I love the tone of that song.

IPLAYBASS
05-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Any one got some good dime setting for his damageplan sound on say something like save me? I have a les paul copy and a V-amp 2. Thanks.

narmi
05-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by csmeatwad
how bout blur like in 'song 2'?

::got a marshall::

Gain - 7
Treble - 7
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Reverb - 7

Originally posted by IPLAYBASS
Any one got some good dime setting for his damageplan sound on say something like save me? I have a les paul copy and a V-amp 2. Thanks.
Gain - 7
Treble - 10
Mid - 4
Bass - 9
Reverb - 0

patkal20
05-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Does anyone have settings for an old Peavey Bandit 65

adski
05-04-2005, 04:35 PM
any one know any aerosmith cyrin settings for a Kustom solo16 dfx

Kade
05-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Green Day settings? Please?

narmi
05-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Kade
Green Day settings? Please?

You listen to Arch Enemy and you want Greenday settings???! :p:

Here's a good one for their newer stuff:

Drive - 6
Treble - 10
Mid - 8
Bass - 5
Reverb - 3

Was the last settings thread moved to the archives?

EvilKal
05-05-2005, 09:36 PM
I need a smooth Carlos Santana sound... Like in Put Your Lights On :)

need numbers, not o clocks...

This is only for practicing and im using a Gibson Les Paul Standard and Line 6 Spider 212

zultone
05-05-2005, 10:24 PM
For my tone -

Savage Beast ( Modern Hi Gain )
Gain - 10
Input - 10
Bass - 7
Mids - 10
Highs - 5-6
Presence - 5-6
Reverb - None, or maxed, with it on the 9th reverb setting.

Gear -
Dean VX
Behringer V-ampire.

ALKoHoLiK
05-07-2005, 01:03 AM
I was wondering on how I could get a close tone of 'One' by Metallica...with an Epiphone Les Paul and a Marshall MG15CDR

IgnoreThis
05-07-2005, 12:39 PM
I'd like either a

Iron Maiden tone
Yngwie Malsteen tone
Master of Puppets (album or song) tone
Stratovarius tone

thanks

stripeysam
05-07-2005, 04:24 PM
i just want some interesting rhythm and lead tones on a strat. I use the neck pickup alot, especially in lead because i like the clarity and bass in it. BUt how the hell do u use the bridge pickup to give u a ballsy tone without sounding really thin and shrilly?
thanks
sam

TNfootballfan62
05-07-2005, 07:57 PM
^^^When i want a heavier sort of tone on my strat, i generally don't use the bridge pickup alone. I like to either use the middle or the middle and bridge.

godofshred
05-08-2005, 10:09 AM
can i pleae get the settings for paul gilberts sound one b.r.o?

i have an ibanez jem, korg ax1500g and a marshall g15rcd

narmi
05-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by IgnoreThis
I'd like either a

Iron Maiden tone
Yngwie Malsteen tone
Master of Puppets (album or song) tone
Stratovarius tone

thanks

Iron Maiden Tone:
Drive - 7
Treble - 9
Mid - 7
Bass - 4
Reverb - 0
Use your brigde humbucker - I find this tone to be excellent for Maiden - The Trooper, Hallowed especially
Metallica MOP tone:
Drive - 7
Treble - 7
Mid - 3
Bass - 6
Reverb - 1
Increase Mid for solos

Greenfinger182
05-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Blah still no help on Alkaline Trio settings? Come on, my band plays a lot of their covers and I can never make it sound right.

Please?

Ozzman_Cometh
05-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Does any1 have any good settings for CKY? I'm trying to learn"Escape from hellview" But I can't get the proper tone.
MY gear is a Gibson Les Paul D.C. A Roland Cube 15. A Digitech Rp-50. And a Zoom Pedal..(Don't know exact name)

Anachronism
05-09-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Ozzman_Cometh
Does any1 have any good settings for CKY? I'm trying to learn"Escape from hellview" But I can't get the proper tone.
MY gear is a Gibson Les Paul D.C. A Roland Cube 15. A Digitech Rp-50. And a Zoom Pedal..(Don't know exact name)

Big part of CKYs sound is an octave pedal, set to double the riff an octave below, as I think they didn't have a bassist at one point, and as the whole band are playing single note riffs it gives them that really heavy synthy sound. Tis a pretty badass tone, even if I don't like the songs much.

dre-0
05-09-2005, 07:59 PM
I would like to get the tone from the unforgiven by metallica. I own a Marshall DFX 250 and a bronze warlock(lead guitar)

thanks

g-cash14
05-09-2005, 08:52 PM
i would like an iron maiden sound in the song paschendale i have bass, treble, middle, gain, and almost every type of reverb and modulation

also a queen sound from the song bohemian rapsody

Anachronism
05-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by g-cash14
i would like an iron maiden sound in the song paschendale i have bass, treble, middle, gain, and almost every type of reverb and modulation

also a queen sound from the song bohemian rapsody

Maiden have always been Marshall heads as far as I know, so you should probably boost your mids and cut your treble a bit. Brian May is almost impossible to copy, but he used a treble booster a lot, and practice your vibrato too.

SuperAngus
05-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Angus Young Tone:
Equipment:
Epiphone SG Special, Behringer V-Tone GMX110

Guitar Settings:
Volume:10
Tone:10
Pickup:Treble
Strings: Ernie Ball Super Slinky Pink's 9-42's
Amp Settings:
High:10
Mid:10
Low:1
Gain:1
Effects Setting:94,FX off

NirvanaTDGfan
05-10-2005, 08:14 PM
does any1 have a anti flag tone or a punk tone i have a gibson ES 137 and a marshall half stack please help a fellow musician

GruAncH
05-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Hi guys/girls

Trying to get some sounds out of my gear for playing stuff like Jet, are you gonna be my girl, rock and roll by Zepplin and Powderfinger's on my mind

any suggestions?

My Gear ...

Epiphone SG
Marshall GRCD80
Digitech BAD monkey
Marshall Guv'n II

Dyaxe666
05-11-2005, 04:19 PM
i have an epiphone custom SG (gibson '51 humbuckers) a marshall mg15 and a behringer xvamp. im looking to nail the sound used in the speed kills video by michael angelo, i have it pretty close, but still not as close as possible i think

IllegalPanda
05-11-2005, 04:57 PM
hey does anyone know how to get that certain crunch that dimebag does ,,specificly in cowboys from hell. i have some 160 watt crate if someone could give it to me in a 1 to 10 thing,, not in o'clock that would be great.....thanks! if anyone can help me out.

zero_1999
05-11-2005, 07:39 PM
hi everyone..

was wondering if anyone had a good setting for the main riff in Alice in Chains - Man in the Box?

I read in Guitar World some time ago that he used a modified wah/talk box set up but unfortunately i dont have one!!

my set-up - Dean Cadillac, Crybaby, CH-1 chorus & Digitech Grunge, Fender M80 amp

thanks for any replies..

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-12-2005, 04:53 AM
hi i urgently need the settings to attempt to get the type of tone that slash from velvet revolver has on the solo from ''illegal i''.

thanks

GNR4EVER
05-15-2005, 06:41 AM
Anyone got some good settings for 'A Tout Le Monde' by Megadeth? preferably the solo. I have a practice amp with Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass and Volume (obviously) and an MT-2 but I doubt you could get the tone from that. Thanks in advance.

Glen_Hansard
05-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Anyone know the settings in Purple Stain by RHCP and New Born by Muse? I have a practise amp with Gain, Treble, Middle and Bass.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-16-2005, 07:34 PM
does anyone have a good really blusey tone?
thanks

TNfootballfan62
05-16-2005, 07:50 PM
^^^Sure. I like cranking the mids, all the way or, or at least most of the way up and using the neck pickup. Pretty much everything else depends on the song or your style, but i'll give one.

Mids - 7 to 10
Highs - I like em around 5-7
Lows - i like the 6 to 8 range.
Gain - it really depends on the song, but never too much.
And remember, use the neck pickup.

*NONE of the settings are oclocks.

EDIT: I just realized you play 2 humbucker guitars, so this may be a little off, i play a strat. Also, for a really good lead tone keep your gain low and kick in that 67 fuzz pedal. ;)

MumyoRyu
05-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Im looking to get the sound that Santana got out in Europa, does anyone know what his setup was for the song, from the guitar right down to the effects? Or just what effects (dist, etc.) he was using? Any answers would be greatly appreciated :D

StJimmy
05-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey, could somebody PLEASE hook me up with some settings for a Boss Overdrive/Distortion pedal. I need some good bluesy tones, some classic rock, and punk tones.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-17-2005, 09:02 PM
hey TNfootballfan62
are those blues settings u gave me the other day the sorta thing u use for SRV stuff?

Death's Pariah
05-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Hey everyone,
I just started playin a few months back so im still trying to figure out how to get sounds just right and w/e anyways i've been tryin lately to get it to sound as close as possible to the guitar in "an epic of time wasted' by Avenged Sevenfold...

heres my gear

Squire strat.

DOD death metal distortion pedal (bad pedal ik but im poor lol)

and a Peavy rage 158 amp

gear isn't to great i know but hey gotta start somewhere... anyways i've been trying to get the distortion set right and all but its always turned out way too 'thrashy' prolly cant help that w/ my pedal and all but w/e... anyways if anyone has any suggestions ....

TNfootballfan62
05-17-2005, 09:54 PM
hey TNfootballfan62
are those blues settings u gave me the other day the sorta thing u use for SRV stuff?

Yes, but SRV's tone seems almost unachievable to me.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-17-2005, 10:10 PM
yeah tis a nice tone..i think im gonna go dust off the good ol tube screamer now that ive been listening to some srv..

fwibble
05-18-2005, 01:44 PM
here'a good site for eq settings for loads of famous guitarist's
http://www.mikesguitarsite.co.uk/

look in artists gear on the left

ScareCrowMan
05-18-2005, 09:33 PM
I've got a Marshall MG100HDFX and a Digitech Metal Master Pedal

Can anyone tell me how to get a Vehemence-like sound like on their song "By Your Bedside"? Or at least one similar to it.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-19-2005, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by fwibble
here'a good site for eq settings for loads of famous guitarist's
http://www.mikesguitarsite.co.uk/

look in artists gear on the left

that sucks for settings its only full of gear

fwibble
05-19-2005, 12:18 PM
can anyone give me the settings for the kinda of tone slash has got on songs like 'dirty little thing' and 'slither'

my gear is in my sig

Drewthefoo21
05-19-2005, 08:58 PM
anyone have any good sum41 settings or Green Day settings for a Digitech Grunge pedal.. any good solid punk setting would be cool.

IllegalPanda
05-20-2005, 06:33 PM
that sucks for settings its only full of gear

exactly what i was thinking that site sucks

lifeishockey26
05-20-2005, 06:45 PM
ne body got settings for Weezer's Beverly Hills Solo? and Jimi Hendrix's version of Wild thing?

fwibble
05-20-2005, 06:55 PM
the solo sounds like it was done on a talk box or a really weird wah

Dyaxe666
05-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey im wondering how i can get a sound like venom has for their clean sound. if it helps i have a behringer xvamp multi fx processor

MetalUpTheAss
05-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Squier Precision bass
15B amp.

How can I get a good shavo from SOAD sound?

ScratchNsniff
05-21-2005, 10:23 PM
i have a fender stage 160 and i was wondering how i could get the led zeppelin sound for pretty much most of their songs cuz thats what we play

HowYaDoin
05-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by wilty00
Anyone with some Aerosmith or Van Halen settings?

I got some Van Halen settings, Wilty!!!

Try these (pick the one that sounds the best):

Low- 7
Mid- 2.5
High- 2.5

Low- 7.5
Mid- 2.5
High- 4.5

Low- 10
Mid- 3
High- 5

Now these are his EXACT settings.....trust me. ....I have a poster of Eddie....and his amps are in the background.... You can see what the knobs are turned to....

Now...you should be able to get a good Van Halen sound.....cuz you have a Marshall.... Eddie used Marshall amps from 1981-1990

So try them!...... and tell me if they work! Hope that helps!

godofshred
05-22-2005, 03:41 PM
anyone got any ones for racer x/paul gilbert?

i got a marshall mg and korg ax1500g

SpardaPhase
05-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Looking for Breaking Benjamin,Deftones,Godsmack,and Adema distortion settings for a DigiTech RP100A fx pedal...

EvilKal
05-24-2005, 06:09 PM
I want some settings for my Line 6 Spyder... I use it to practice on and need some setting for Sweet Child O Mine and Estranged both by GnR :P Gotta love Slash :P

marmite
05-25-2005, 01:56 PM
I don't know if anyones heard of the Isley Brothers... I think it was the band hendrix was in as a rhthym guitarist for a while... so yea....so if u have heard of them, any settings for the lead guitar? cos the tone is awesome on tracks like SUMMER BREEZE and THAT LADY... it sounds like the lead on SUMMER TIME ROLLS by janes addiction, please... any tips for this kinda tone? thanks

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by EvilKal
I want some settings for my Line 6 Spyder... I use it to practice on and need some setting for Sweet Child O Mine and Estranged both by GnR :P Gotta love Slash :P

for slash
gain 7
presence 8
low 7
mid 7
high 5

RhoadsSRV8290
05-26-2005, 10:46 AM
Can someone give me a good blues clean setting. I just need the basics. mid, high, low.

TNfootballfan62
05-26-2005, 12:48 PM
^^^For my blues settings, i like the mids almost all the way up, the highs around 7 (my amp is naturally pretty bassy) and the bass around 5 or 6.

EDIT: I tweak the highs and lows depending on the song and settings im looking for, but the one mainstay of my amp is the mids. I have them all the way 99% of the time.

SpardaPhase
05-26-2005, 07:44 PM
So noone knows/has Breaking Benjamin,Deftones,Godsmack,and Adema distortion settings for a DigiTech RP100A fx pedal???

imthaman
05-28-2005, 11:38 AM
instead of everybody asking for stuff people should just post what they know. That way you don't have to read through 12 pages of questions. Anyone agree? I would restart this if possible and do it the right way.

HowYaDoin
05-28-2005, 12:13 PM
^ I agree.

thunderz0rz
05-28-2005, 02:53 PM
I have an SG Faded and the MG15DFX. How can I get a Led Zeppelin sound?

power freak
05-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by imthaman
instead of everybody asking for stuff people should just post what they know. That way you don't have to read through 12 pages of questions. Anyone agree? I would restart this if possible and do it the right way.
But then barely anybody would post and people would post their requests in seperate threads and there would be chaos.

If someone could suggest some other way of doing a thread like this I'm all ears.

lifeishockey26
05-28-2005, 04:26 PM
How about Hendrix's version of Wild Thing?

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-29-2005, 03:46 AM
LED ZEPPELIN SOUND (EARLY)

works with my les paul marshall and non true bypass wah

treble 9
mids 4
bass 1 -i get all the bass i need from ym wah cuz its not true bypass- if u dont have a wah maybe 2-4
gain 4-6
reverd 4-5

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-29-2005, 03:49 AM
Jimi Hendrix
Gain - 4
Treble - 5
Mid - 5
Bass - 8
Reverb - 5

Tom Morello
Gain - 7
Treble - 10
Mid - 4
Bass - 4
Reverb - 0

Eric Clapton
Gain - 7
Teble - 5
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Presence - 8

Mick Thompson
Gain - 9-10
Treble - 8
Mid - 7
Bass - 8
Reverb - 2
Note tuning of B F B E Gsharp Csharp (low to high)

Jimmy Page
Gain - 4
Treble - 8
Mid - 3
Bass - 7
Reverb - 2

Kurt Cobain
Gain - 7
Treble - 7
Mid - 4
Bass - 3
Reverb - 2

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-29-2005, 03:50 AM
Eddie Van Halen
Gain - 6
Treble - 4
Mid - 3
Bass- 9
Reverb - 4

John Frusciante
Gain - 4
Treble - 8
Mid - 2
Bass - 6
Reverb - 7

Kirk Hammet
Gain - 7
Treble - 7
Mid - 2
Bass - 7
Reverb - 2

Keith Richards
Gain - 4.5
Treble - 4.5
Mid - 6.5
Bass - 5.5
Reverb - 1.5
Note use of open G tuning, D G D G B D (low to high)

The Edge
Gain - 1.5
Treble - 7
Mid - 5
Bass - 3
Reverb - 8.5

Brian May
Gain - 8.5
Treble - 4
Mid - 9
Bass - 5.5
Reverb - 4
Note Brian famously uses old sixpences to pick the strings of his guitar.

Jack White
Gain - 8
Treble - 7
Mid - 5
Bass - 8
Prescence - 8

Slash
Gain - 6.5
Treble - 4.5
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Presence - 8

VodkaPunk
05-29-2005, 06:27 AM
Anyone with a Rancid setting? Tim or Lars... Or any punk guitars settings would be cool to post for me.

Thanks.

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-29-2005, 06:56 AM
doesn anyone want to join me in attempting to emulate hendrix's live tone eg isle of white and band of gypsies live at the filmoure? i have access to all of the gear.
i thought like sending sound clips trading advice etc
pm me if ur interested

DBS_KICKS_ASS
05-29-2005, 12:39 PM
anyone got a good norma jean setting? i need gain/treble/bass/mid in numbers

gtrluver
05-29-2005, 03:02 PM
umm.. I was just wondering if any one knew any general settings on an amp that would get the same type of sound as Hoobastank or Three days grace.. thnx

VodkaPunk
05-29-2005, 04:09 PM
I know this might sound silly but ... I'll go for it.

I have the signature Benji Madden guitar, yes the guitarist from Good Charlotte. I play in a punk/pop punk band. I listen to mostly Rancid,Anti-Flag,Antics my bandmates listen to mostly Good Charlotte, Blink 182, etc. which is cool with me most of those bands are good and I happen to like Benji Madden. I was wondering what amp setting I could use for a Benji Madden sound or if anyone knew what he used.

Thanks a lot.

Ho.

WyldeGibsonPlyr
05-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Can anyone reccomend me a good SRV type setting?(particually from the Soul to Soul record).

Thanks.

VodkaPunk
05-29-2005, 06:35 PM
I just realized you can't see a lick of what I type when I make it small. At least some of you since I just noticed this at my friends ... so I'll repost hoping someone will respond.

I know this might sound silly but ... I'll go for it.

I have the signature Benji Madden guitar, yes the guitarist from Good Charlotte. I play in a punk/pop punk band. I listen to mostly Rancid,Anti-Flag,Antics my bandmates listen to mostly Good Charlotte, Blink 182, etc. which is cool with me most of those bands are good and I happen to like Benji Madden. I was wondering what amp setting I could use for a Benji Madden sound or if anyone knew what he used.

Thanks a lot.

Ho.

nickynick111
05-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey i have a ibz 10g amp and i was wonderin if any1 had any good eq settings.

gain 0-10
volume 0-10
bass -10- +10 (0 being 12 o/c)
mid -10 - +10
treble -10 - +10

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanx

ZoSo.Led.Zep.
05-30-2005, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Can anyone reccomend me a good SRV type setting?(particually from the Soul to Soul record).

Thanks.

im not going to try to do it cuz seriously ita a waste of time trying to get srv's tone.

but i can give u a good blues setting
gain 5-7
treble and bass 7
mids 8-10

neck pickup of course