Blackened Thrash [Gp5, Gp4, Midi] C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Blackened Thrash [Gp5, Gp4, Midi] C4C

Butt Rayge
03-03-2009, 03:52 AM
First off, i'm not sure blackened thrash is entirely correct, but it does have a hint of black in it, and a lot of thrash.

This is the first song written entirely by me, for my new band.

I hope you enjoy it.

Malchius
03-03-2009, 04:04 AM
Good stuff man if you get a recording of it send me a pm as I would like to listen to it.

Firenze
03-03-2009, 04:08 AM
I really dig that riff that begins around 30 seconds.

Also, it's cool how the song gets progressively more aggressive as it goes on.

Around the two minute mark you've got that little filler/interlude thing...you may want to tweak that a tad just to make it sound a little more full.

Other than that it's great :cheers:

Butt Rayge
03-03-2009, 04:11 AM
^ thanks
Good stuff man if you get a recording of it send me a pm as I would like to listen to it.
Lol, the rest of the band has only heard the first 2 riffs, so a recording could be a long way away. But sure, i'll let you know when/if we do it.

Alter-Bridge
03-03-2009, 05:41 AM
That's pretty cool, I felt as though the riff in the middle (The part with the octaves) was a bit weaker than the rest of the song. The song was good, though, all the parts flowed well, the drums fit, and nothing seems out of place. Nice work.

tpkemme
03-03-2009, 08:41 PM
so i'm totally lame and i'm not going to give an actual constructive crit.

but i dont' know what it is about the song but i thought it was fantastic. if i heard that song playing (with a good vocalist of course) on last.fm or what have you, that's the kinda thing i'd go for.

so congrats. i'm really looking forward to recorded and good job writing it

mogar
03-06-2009, 03:23 AM
Holy crap those are some mean sounding riffs. Reminds me a lot of Kreator. TBH, there's nothing here that I'd change. Trash is supposed to pummel the senses and this succeeds that goal. Would really like to hear this recorded with some real guitars and some vocals.

Great job dude!!

BTW - Thanks for the crit.

CrimsonBizzare
03-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Real nice, I'd say it was blackened thrash (if there is such a thing).
Bar 89 Spoilt it though, Put in a thrash solo instead or an drum or bass fill.

You ended it well and started it well aswell. But at bar 66, couldn't you have put both drum parts into one track? If you can't, it's probably impossible to play in reality. But maybe I'm wrong, I'm not a drummer, so what do I know?

Very good

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18952621

Skillet_Panhead
03-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey, thanks for the crit and sorry it took so long to get back to you. My computer's been an arse the last couple days so I couldn't log on.

I took a look at your song a couple days ago though, out of curiosity, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. But the song seemed to chug along a little slowly, in my opinion. I revved it up to 180bpm as opposed to your 160, and, to me, it sounded better, save the first riff, which I liked better in 160. So maybe once that 2nd riff comes in, jump up to 180? I don't know, just personal preference here.

Cool song, and thanks again for the crit,
--SP

Butt Rayge
03-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks, i'll look into it.

Real nice, I'd say it was blackened thrash (if there is such a thing).
Bar 89 Spoilt it though, Put in a thrash solo instead or an drum or bass fill.

You ended it well and started it well aswell. But at bar 66, couldn't you have put both drum parts into one track? If you can't, it's probably impossible to play in reality. But maybe I'm wrong, I'm not a drummer, so what do I know?
Very good

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18952621
It was the timing. It's a 6/4 over 4/4 polyrhythm. If you can notate that on one track on GP, then i don't know how. Thanks for the crit. I'll try to do yours by this time tomorrow, but i'm a bit busy, so no promises.