The Colors That Escape The Face [GP5/4/MIDI] some kind of indie/jazz

View Full Version : The Colors That Escape The Face [GP5/4/MIDI] some kind of indie/jazz

03-03-2009, 10:16 AM
I havn't posted anything in a little while. This is something soft, reminiscent of my old 'posthardcore' writing.

03-03-2009, 07:43 PM
wow, that's awesome, exept that somtimes the drums is just doesn't go with the rest, but it doesn't matter much, not really jazz tough, more like progressive rock but yeah really good

03-04-2009, 01:57 AM
critting while listening:

pretty good. i have no criticisms until bar 35. the all quarter notes can get dull. i would mix it up a little bit, or do eighths. the chords are cool, but it gets pretty repetitive. don't repeat the the same thing so much, especially 1-2-3-4. i like the rhodes piano though. i really like the chords that come after. the time sig changes feel a little weird to me though. at bar 89-92 it's weird. you expect to build up to something big, and you go to kind of a quiet part. it's a cool part, but it's just a weird transition. the distorted guitar that comes in feels weird with a rhodes. that's a weird mix, but that's probably just me. the powerchords do repeat a little much i think. but there's so much going on it's not as big a deal. i didn't like when the choir aah's became the piano at bar 121. that Bsus4b5 or whatever the chord was at the end of the bar stood out like a sore thumb, and not in a good way. it feels like an obvious out of tune note. you could have ended at bar 122 if you had wanted. i like the rhodes piano part that you played in the beginning that came back, i just don't know if it was really necessary. you already have a strong ending like i said before. but it works. like i said i like that part., i just think before was a better place to end.

overally i really liked this song. i thought the chords were great, my favorite part. really unique and interesting. good lead work, good bass, the drums seemed ok though i didn't pay as much attention to them as i did the guitars. nice work, i really liked it.

c4c? my music is in my profile and my sig.