Mathcore (Progressive)

PDA

View Full Version : Mathcore (Progressive)

Skizye
03-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Looking to get some feedback on this song to decide if I should show it to my band or not. We're trying to get more technical (as far as odd rhythms), so I tried to make this as mathcore-ish as possible, though it probably doesn't have enough changes to actually be considered mathcore or progressive.

This is basically the skeleton of a song. There's no second guitar on some parts because I couldn't think of anything and I like to let the guitarists make up some stuff on their own, and no bass because he sings and I have no idea what he would be able to play and sing.

Anyways, let me know what you think and I would really appreciate it/crit you back, thanks :)

EDIT: Sorry, probably should have added MIDI in the first place, it's there now.

tatatotfolife
03-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I hate guitar pro

Martindecorum
03-03-2009, 07:39 PM
propbably just more metal than anything nice sounding riffs but wouldnt call it prog or mathcore

but my favorite PART is the pre chorus really sounds nice

aggiefan33
03-03-2009, 07:40 PM
I hate guitar pro
you're alone there.

and this isn't even close to mathcore(and one random 13/8 measure doesn't make it mathcore). generic metalcore progressions, riffing, boring chugs. the chords are somewhat interesting, but sorry man, this isn't good.

tatatotfolife
03-03-2009, 07:43 PM
its not that i hate it, its just I don't want to spend money on something I'll rarely ever use

tpkemme
03-03-2009, 08:33 PM
yeah i agree. this is neither mathcore nor progressive. i understand some people not understanding what genre of music they've created in their song, but this is not even close to either progressive or mathcore

it's metalcore/hardcore through and through. and a boring metalcore song at that.

MustangMan311
03-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Metalcore. Not mathcore (because IT'S NOT A GENRE), not progressive.

However, the pre-chorus sounds ****ing great.

Skizye
03-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Martindecorum/MustangMan311 - Thanks for the kind words :)

aggiefan33/tpkemme - Thanks for the critiques. I'm probably not gonna go back and totally revamp this one now but I definitely will focus on making my next song less generic. Also, as far as it being boring I'm hoping vocals will make it a lot less boring if we decide to use this one.

recklessnick
03-05-2009, 02:16 AM
there are some parts with odd time signatures but i wouldnt call it mathcore. and i dont know the definition of a genre of music being progressive anyway.
but i really like the song man, keep it up. pre-chorus = awesome