Acoustic Peice [Gp5/Gp4/MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Peice [Gp5/Gp4/MIDI]

MattAnderson111
03-03-2009, 10:54 PM
My grandmother passed away recently and this song is really just for her, and how i felt after, its sad at parts, but it also has a hopeful atmosphere, and i felt alot better after her funeral, (alot of grief lifted) and i just wanted to see what you guys think, acoustic pieces aren't usually my thing.

C4C

Its_Rock77
03-03-2009, 11:46 PM
one question. why acoustic? I turned all the guitars electric and it sounded much more powerful. aside from a couple let ring difficulties, it was a lot better IMO.

just something to think about.

MattAnderson111
03-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Well, I will play it with some friends and it sounds really cool.

Jake the Peg
03-10-2009, 06:07 PM
i'm lovin the way you managed to sneak in some double bass drumming, hehe!

the intro- a little generic, but as soon as the drums kick, and there are two guitars playing indipendent rhythms then its good.
double bass bit- ooh i like it! sort of reminds me of an all that remains chorus.
bit jus after that- bit generic, but, oh well.
guitar complex bit- wow thats really, really nice. when the other guitar kicks in, the complexity is kinda ruined if its just playing boring chords. this is at bar34.
bar 38- another really good bit. awesome drums, nice harmonies between the guitars, too.
solo- sounds a bit like an electric solo, really. but, i dont know, maybe it works.
i love bar 59. its really sweet.
the harmony at bar 64, i really think doesnt work. ive played around with it though, cant really find anything that works better though. it jus doesnt really sound right.
overall- great song, must be really fun to play. good job, mate.
C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1084725