Acoustic+Electric Combo amp?

PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic+Electric Combo amp?

redking14ca
03-05-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm looking for an Acoustic/Electric combo amp...

Something I could use to switch in between an acoustic and electric.

I heard Vox is good for this...

I could just buy a marshall full stack with 2 different heads... but i'm kinda looking for a small gig amp.. For like churches, maybe even to use as a monitor some of the time... i figure anyplace big enough to use the marshall full stack will have a PA i could use anyway, at least for acoustic..

Don't know if such a thing exists, i can't find it...

Thanks...

redking14ca
03-06-2009, 01:15 AM
I found the rivera sedona http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rivera-Sedona-55-Doyle-Dykes-Signature-Combo-with-ES-Option?sku=486322

but it's extremely expensive, and looks like it wouldn't pump out the volume i'd expect for that price

Bright Light
03-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Vox is deffinitely a good way to go if thats a brand you're considering. most vox amps take acoustics very well. maybe not the valvetronix line as much, but an AC30 or AC15 should sound excellent. I would go with the 30 because the extra wattage can only help you with getting more clean headroom for your acoustic. You can even mess around with which channel to plug your guitar into, maybe you want your acoustic a little grimier? Some consider that sinful but if it works for you then it works. if you have the money get the Vox AC30, if not then whats your budget?

redking14ca
03-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Vox is deffinitely a good way to go if thats a brand you're considering. most vox amps take acoustics very well. maybe not the valvetronix line as much, but an AC30 or AC15 should sound excellent. I would go with the 30 because the extra wattage can only help you with getting more clean headroom for your acoustic. You can even mess around with which channel to plug your guitar into, maybe you want your acoustic a little grimier? Some consider that sinful but if it works for you then it works. if you have the money get the Vox AC30, if not then whats your budget?

Just looking for something to take with me to college, or get when i'm in college...

I have a Taylor 210E i'm hoping will work, and then i'm thinking of trading my Warlock Deluxe EMG 81/85 setup for a strat - more versatile guitar, beside the fact i hate that shred metal stuff the warlock was made for :peace: lol

so yeah..

I want something that'll work as an acoustic amp for small gigs, and electric amp as well.. maybe with the ability to switch over between songs.. u know?

VOX seems promising, and yes, i like some grungy nirvana type stuff :P

redking14ca
03-06-2009, 12:21 PM
So yeah, I'll look at vox, is there seriously no combo amp that does both acoustic and electric?

By design

damnedone
03-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I had a Fender HRD that I got as part of a trade. Anyway, I thought that it sounded very nice with my Ovation Adamas on the clean channel. Of course, an HRD is meant for an EG which sounds great, especially if you have a ts808.

about
03-06-2009, 10:54 PM
So yeah, I'll look at vox, is there seriously no combo amp that does both acoustic and electric?

By design

Not by design because they are two different signals

Camdon
03-06-2009, 11:43 PM
I have an AD50VT and it works fine with my taylor

redking14ca
03-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Not by design because they are two different signals

Well the sedona seams to be designed for both acousic and electric....

but pretty much my best bet is going to be to buy a cab, and two seperate heads? :confused:

I think i'll check out the AC30 by VOX... looks promising

redking14ca
03-07-2009, 01:10 AM
Maybe i could get one of those para acoustic pre-amp EQ things and go through an electric amp (like a vox)

if i HAVE too... small gigs lacking a pa/ monitor... I dunno X.x

jj1565
03-07-2009, 03:46 PM
you cant take these amps to college with you.

what are you using it for?

are you in a band?
what's your total budget for both EG and acoustic?

i'm guessing it needs to be small?

what type of music do you play?