Uriah Heep

PDA

View Full Version : Uriah Heep

Armagedden66
03-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Uriah Heep is a british rock band, my favorite song from them is a toss up between Magicians Birthday and Lady in Black. Tell me love em'? Hate em'? it wont upset me in anyway, im just bored....Oh, and no use of profanity :no:

Master Shake
03-19-2009, 12:06 AM
I like Heep, a very underrated band IMO
I think i have the same toss up on the favourite songs too, it amazes me how a song pratically structured on two chords can be so amazing
and Magicians Birthday is just an epic, with an eratic solo :)

hb15577
03-19-2009, 05:50 AM
from what i ahbe heard they seem like a pretty awesome band

Lurcher
03-19-2009, 06:04 AM
I love Heep. But then I'd been seeing The Gods at the Marquee club in '69 and half that band went into Heep along with Mick Box and the singer from another of my favourite bands. I only saw them twice. Once at Ally Pally where the sound was a disaster and caused a mate of mine to name them U'r Are a heap of rubbish. The other time was many years later when they headlined an open air event up in Cambridgeshire and only Mick Box was still in the band. But they played a blinder that night. Another reason I especially like Mick Box is that he has two '74 Black Beautys and I had one of those, back in the day.
Favourite song? Gypsy 'cos it was so uncompromisingly heavy and paved the way for a lot of good music that followed. (and I could play most of it with ease)
Great thread for a well-deserving band.

guitarman108
03-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Uriah Heep is a british rock band, my favorite song from them is a toss up between Magicians Birthday and Lady in Black. Tell me love em'? Hate em'? it wont upset me in anyway, im just bored....Oh, and no use of profanity :no:

They are the best

guitarman108
03-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Uriah Heep rocks