Only Ac/Dc

PDA

View Full Version : Only Ac/Dc

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

acdc101
06-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Everyone is too busy to make an ac/dc thread but they can make one about which rockstar had the most tragic death! (bon scott)

marchoso
06-14-2004, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't say bon scott had the most tragic death... He's way behind to who I think had the most tragic death, John Lennon..

Anyway, this opinion is mainly biased from what I know from friends... I don't know enough about each of these guys to pick for myself... Angus Young.

thestrumbum
06-14-2004, 09:23 PM
It was all Angus. Have you seen live in Donington? Amazing.

jono034
06-14-2004, 09:24 PM
I dont think the band would be able to be AC/DC without Angus. . . Angus is the only one who has been with the band on every tour and every album. . . Definately angus. . .

bucky_2300
06-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by marchoso
I wouldn't say bon scott had the most tragic death... He's way behind to who I think had the most tragic death, John Lennon..

Anyway, this opinion is mainly biased from what I know from friends... I don't know enough about each of these guys to pick for myself... Angus Young.

^^ I still know people who think rock died with lennon, personally, I don't, but it was a great loss for the music industry and for those whom he would have influenced later on in his life. I listened to "Imagine" on the 20'th anniversary of his death. :(

Oh, btw, Angus. He embodied AC/DC. His vocals and guitar...amazing. :cheers:

daytripper75
06-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by thestrumbum

thats an amazing concert, i really wish i coulda been there(i was but a wee one at the time, plus i live in the US) but anyway, its almost like sabbath in my opinion, if sabbath loses Iommi its over, if AC/DC loses Angus its over.

sirbiznatch007
06-14-2004, 11:23 PM
Yeah, it deffinaely is Angus. When you think Ac/Dc....he basically had the duckwalk,and the school boy uniform his trademark.

He was the entertainer. Bon was an awesome entertainer also, him and his dancing. I wish he didn't die.

But each song was worked on by each of the members. Mostly Bon(Brian), Angus and Malcolm. And it wouldn't be the same without them.

But yeah, when Angus dies, it is over:( wich is a sad thought. Good thing he is not TOO TOO old yet, and can still perform:)

erik_lunke
06-15-2004, 04:41 AM
angus, because of the school uniform, the angus dolls, everything..

cincyreds32
06-15-2004, 01:32 PM
there's no contest here. bon scott could scream his lungs out, but u just can't compare bon with angus when angus could rip that kinda stuff out on guitar while jumping all over the place.

mingles
06-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Well, considering that every picture, mag cover, greatest hits, box set etc is Angus rocking out in his school uniform, he gets it.

fenderfreak101
06-15-2004, 05:47 PM
without any doubt angus, i mean when you hear ACDC, who do you think?! ANGUS!, and people loved him, and they still would, regardless of his talent (WHich e had loads of)

he had a good sense of humor and a good personality

sirbiznatch007
06-15-2004, 05:57 PM
^

Not had ...."has"

:cheers:

UtBDan
06-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Angus without a doubt.

IOnceWasAFaggot
06-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by sirbiznatch007
Yeah, it deffinaely is Angus. When you think Ac/Dc....he basically had the duckwalk,and the school boy uniform his trademark.

He was the entertainer. Bon was an awesome entertainer also, him and his dancing. I wish he didn't die.

But each song was worked on by each of the members. Mostly Bon(Brian), Angus and Malcolm. And it wouldn't be the same without them.

But yeah, when Angus dies, it is over:( wich is a sad thought. Good thing he is not TOO TOO old yet, and can still perform:)
I thought Chuck Berry had the duckwalk?

UtBDan
06-15-2004, 08:09 PM
He did before Angus, yeah. but I think what sir biznatch meant is that when you thought AC/DC, you thought duckwalking guitar and school boy outfit - both Angus.

turtleman
06-16-2004, 02:46 AM
Angus all the way.

:)

acdc101
06-16-2004, 09:08 AM
At least nobody has talked about any other bands, this poll is doing well so far.
Is there an Ac/Dc fan club yet?

marchoso
06-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by IOnceWasAFaggot
I thought Chuck Berry had the duckwalk?

That would be the correct version...

He's the only one I know who could do it.. :confused:

Bed Of Razors
06-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Angus, the band works really well together, but its Angus who makes them amazing :cheers:

~ Bed Of Razors :smoke:

scholseyjr
06-16-2004, 12:10 PM
has to be angus his guitar riffs are amazing

~Rock~Guitarist
06-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Angus young for sure, there could've been a different vocalist and they would still be as good.

note: I'm not at all saying Bon Scott was a bad vocalist or that he should be replaced, I'm just trying to show how large of an impact Angus Young had to the "ac/dc tone"

sirbiznatch007
06-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by marchoso
That would be the correct version...

He's the only one I know who could do it.. :confused:

Chuck Berry did it. But Angus deffinately did it the best.

punklege
06-16-2004, 05:25 PM
saw them @ donnington!!!

sirbiznatch007
06-16-2004, 06:38 PM
^
You Bastard:(

I have the DVD though:D:D:D

I wish I was older at the time, I would have went.

fenderfreak101
06-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by punklege
saw them @ donnington!!!

i hate you you stupid newb!!!
"walks away thinking of way for vengeance!!":peace: :mad: :peace:

fenderfreak101
06-16-2004, 11:41 PM
i dn, if u look at ACDCs history, Angus wouldnt have made it without malcolm. malcolm got him in and malcolm got bo and brian johnson in, same with all of the bassists and drummers theyve had

itsdan89
06-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Angus definately helped keep the band going after Scott died, but he really didnt have the "biggest effect on the band's sucess,"
The great sucess while Bon Scott was still around. Clearly all there great albums were w/ Scott (except for Back In Black).

acdc101
06-17-2004, 07:55 PM
What do you mean before angus?

punk_rocker578
06-17-2004, 10:01 PM

I own live at Donington. But nobody gives Bon enough credit

Mr_Zakk_Wylde
06-18-2004, 09:09 AM
Angus. Doing a tribute to AC/DC at school battle of the bands.

Duds
06-20-2004, 05:41 AM
I think before Bon Scott died AC/DC was his band and people went to see Bon Scott (although many Angus too) but once Bon Scott died it became Angus' band and now the only reason everyone goes is to see Angus.

stiff-upper-lip
06-21-2004, 05:18 AM
had the most tragic death! (bon scott)
ok can somone please tell me how Bon rely died coz i heard that he died chokin on my own sick, but then a mate told me he crashed in a car and then choked. wats the truth?
and besides i would say Cliff had the most tragic death, ebin crushed under a bus!!!:(

stiff-upper-lip
06-21-2004, 05:19 AM
alos i think it was both Angus and Bon that made AC/DC, but now its just Angus. Bon had all the CRaZynes, but Angus had the skool uniform

Mr_Zakk_Wylde
06-21-2004, 07:14 AM
From what i have read/heard, he was drunk, went out to his car, pased out then froze to death

mark knopfler
06-21-2004, 07:23 AM
Like someone said, Angus wouldnt have been much without Malcom. Malcom wrote all the riffs, and even Angus admitted that he was the better guitar player, Malcom didnt play the solos because

"it got in the way of my drinking arm"

so i'd say malcom was most important to their success.

stiff-upper-lip
06-21-2004, 07:42 AM
^^^^well i was watchin 'behind the music' on VH1 and it said he came home from a drinkin binge and then chocked to death on his own vomit, but i guess seein as most people are sayin he was drink drivin, crashed, survived the crash and then died of chocking to death.

numetaldude
06-21-2004, 09:17 AM
well, kinda obvious who'd win the poll considering we're in the guitar forum! :rolleyes: but anyway, i also think Angus was the man. Not just a great lead guitarist, but his rhythm riffs are just unforgettable (wait, one post above said Malcolm wrote the riffs.. if he's right, then i'd vote for malcolm definitely! :D).

sirbiznatch007
06-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Ok, Bon Scott didn't die of a car accident. He died from going to sleep and choking on his own vomit.

Angus AND Malcom wrote the riffs. Angus wrote the more better known songs, like Thunderstruck untirely by himself. So sayying Malcom wrote all the riffs....is kinda far fetched. Angus made alot, and they helped out eachother.

stiff-upper-lip
06-21-2004, 02:29 PM
ahhh, my confusion about this whole death thing has now been resolved. thankyou.

fenderfreak101
06-21-2004, 02:33 PM
^^ya his frend left him to sleep in his car cuz he was so wasted, and he choked.

stiff-upper-lip
06-21-2004, 02:40 PM
^^ahhh, so it did have sumat to do with a car then. i heard he got left in a hotel room and the cleaner person came in a found him choked.

Jimi444
06-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Angus young is freakin awesome.

la bamba
07-04-2004, 11:40 PM
angus hell yeh, then bon scott :)

ShazbozNanoNano
07-05-2004, 10:35 AM
I love Bon Scott the most out of the band members, but Angus is definitely the main reason for the band's fame. You've all mentioned the duckwalk (thank god for Chuck Berry), and the school uniform. But who can forget the striptease? I haven't been to a live show, but I do own Live at the Donnington. Gotta love those British flag boxers.

darkoblivion
07-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Angus definetly had the most impact on the band overall but brians voice is awesome!!!:peace:

freakonature125
07-06-2004, 07:08 PM
I'd have to agree with darkoblivion. Angus is awesome, and I don't think that AcDc would have gotten far without him, but I feel that Brian gave them their unique sound that set them apart from everyone else. Look at it this way: almost anyone with rhythm can practice and learn to play a song on guitar, and so a guitarist can be replaced and leave the band sounding almost the same, but if you replaced the lead vocalist it would be so increddibly different.

greekgodofrock0
08-02-2004, 08:44 PM
angus' hell raising guitar riffs

Natetheking
08-02-2004, 10:45 PM
I say Malcom and Cliff and Phil are the most under appericiated memebers of AC/DC without them AC/DC wouldnt be that great. But Angus is the star of the show thats what I say

2000man
08-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Can't say I'm a big fan, but from my perspective it's definitely Angus.

When I hear the name AC/DC, the first thing that comes to mind is that beautiful faded SG.

yomamamamama
08-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Angus Young.

ummagumma
08-03-2004, 12:17 AM
i think that angus and malcolm young and bon scott had the biggest effects on the group. the young brothers have always writen amazing guitar riffs, and bon scott and angus young always had amazing stage presences, but i voted for angus because hes my hero

darkagent591
08-03-2004, 01:14 AM
AC/DC kicks ass and so does angus young

tydhurst
08-03-2004, 07:17 AM
AC/DC are not good. In fact they suck. THEY ARE THE UGLIEST BAND EVER! THEY HAVE HAD THE SAME STAGE SHOW FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG! IF YOU GO TO ONE CONCERT, YOU'VE BEEN TO THEM ALL. BAD BAND!

self-made_page
08-03-2004, 10:36 AM
malcom did start the band, after all. i think thats worth my vote.

adam_just_a_man
08-03-2004, 07:49 PM
well, angus, cannot be denied.
voted for malcolm, though, just coz i knew nobody else would... :)

sirbiznatch007
08-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by tydhurst
AC/DC are not good. In fact they suck. THEY ARE THE UGLIEST BAND EVER! THEY HAVE HAD THE SAME STAGE SHOW FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG! IF YOU GO TO ONE CONCERT, YOU'VE BEEN TO THEM ALL. BAD BAND!

No sir, you are the one that sucks. I bet you can't find anything really bad about them so you attack their looks. Retard. Same stage show? Well maybe now a days they HAVE to have the same stage show. Would anyone really be satisfied is they went to a concert and they didn't play highway to hell,back in black, thunderstruck,SHoot To Thrill, Shook Me All Long,For Those About To Rock, Hells Bells and a couple more I am probably forgetting? They have to play the well known songs.

Their concerts own. I have never seen another concert that was so good without using all these special effects and stuff.

So shut up.

tydhurst
08-04-2004, 06:15 PM
No sir, you are the one that sucks. I bet you can't find anything really bad about them so you attack their looks. Retard. Same stage show? Well maybe now a days they HAVE to have the same stage show. Would anyone really be satisfied is they went to a concert and they didn't play highway to hell,back in black, thunderstruck,SHoot To Thrill, Shook Me All Long,For Those About To Rock, Hells Bells and a couple more I am probably forgetting? They have to play the well known songs.

Their concerts own. I have never seen another concert that was so good without using all these special effects and stuff.

So shut up.

no!

Ok, enough about their looks. Let's look a thte music. ALL THE SONGS SOUND THE BLOODY SAME. I have a friend who's an AC/DC fan and he even admits they sound the same, in fact he laughs about it. The only reason he likes the band is because he likes SGs. There was an AC/DC tribute band up here once. it was Awful music.
Next, as people, they do not have NEAR enough the amount of chrisma to sing aobut having sex withy loads of women. I saw AC/DC behind the music and as people they suck too. Pretentious interviews that make them look like they've gone through so much tragedy (I know, i know, Bon Scott died and some fan was killed at a concert, and i do think that's upsetting) but it's really overrated music, it's dull, oyu can't dance to it and people keep saying Angus Young is the best guitarist ever. He is really not!

tydhurst
08-04-2004, 06:17 PM
besides, that have to have the same stage show bit did not really help your case.

Pedz
08-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Ok, you don't like AC/DC, what the hell are you doing in the AC/DC only thread. Also, their shows are amazing, Angus is a ****ing amazing performer, and compared to your favorite bands, though I like the Beatles and Aerosmith, none of their guitarrists come even close to Angus, or Malcomn. Just because their riffs aren't complicated it doesn't mean they're not talented
, they're still great guitarrists. Listen to their solos, to what they do on stage, then come talk crap about their talent.
Their songs don't sound the same, some of them are alike, and it's their style, when you hear an AC/DC song, you know it's AC/DC. How can you say Thunderstriuck is anything like Who made who, or Shook me all night long, or highway to hell, or back in black.
Lastly, "you can't dance to their music", what does that have to do with how good they are?

proguit933
08-04-2004, 10:32 PM
angus, alot of people dont even know the other names of ac/dc

corey182__
08-04-2004, 11:02 PM
angus, he's the main reason i picked up a guitar, and he is just amazing

sirbiznatch007
08-05-2004, 02:12 AM
no!

Ok, enough about their looks. Let's look a thte music. ALL THE SONGS SOUND THE BLOODY SAME. I have a friend who's an AC/DC fan and he even admits they sound the same, in fact he laughs about it. The only reason he likes the band is because he likes SGs. There was an AC/DC tribute band up here once. it was Awful music.
Next, as people, they do not have NEAR enough the amount of chrisma to sing aobut having sex withy loads of women. I saw AC/DC behind the music and as people they suck too. Pretentious interviews that make them look like they've gone through so much tragedy (I know, i know, Bon Scott died and some fan was killed at a concert, and i do think that's upsetting) but it's really overrated music, it's dull, oyu can't dance to it and people keep saying Angus Young is the best guitarist ever. He is really not!

They have a style....a style that you can tell it was Ac/Dc. Of course some songs are going to have the same kinda feel and style. You want different styles of songs, listen to different bands.

Now, your friends a retard. It's like if someone were to like Good Charlotte because they use PRS guitars.:rolleyes:

Now was the music awefull? Or the band, because obviously a tribute band has nothing to do with the real Ac/Dc.

So you have seen one interview and you think that that is what they are like? I have seen a bunch of interviews. they are hilarious. They are not egotistical. And losing one of your best friends is a tragedy.

Their music is only overrated to the people that don't like it. Sure Thunderstruck,Back In Black etc are over rated. But a song like Show Buisness? yikes, you gotta be some messed up person to call that overated.

Angus is a kick ass guitarist, I will leave it at that.

You can't really dance to alot of rock songs anyways. But when you are at a dance and thunderstruck plays.....every person that wasn't dancing is now jumping up and down and having a great time.

And have you heard Bon Scotts charisma? Bon Scott was an awesome frontman and deffinatelly one of the best in Hard rock.

Once again, I will ask you to shut up.:peace:

sirbiznatch007
08-05-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Pedz
Ok, you don't like AC/DC, what the hell are you doing in the AC/DC only thread. Also, their shows are amazing, Angus is a ****ing amazing performer, and compared to your favorite bands, though I like the Beatles and Aerosmith, none of their guitarrists come even close to Angus, or Malcomn. Just because their riffs aren't complicated it doesn't mean they're not talented
, they're still great guitarrists. Listen to their solos, to what they do on stage, then come talk crap about their talent.
Their songs don't sound the same, some of them are alike, and it's their style, when you hear an AC/DC song, you know it's AC/DC. How can you say Thunderstriuck is anything like Who made who, or Shook me all night long, or highway to hell, or back in black.
Lastly, "you can't dance to their music", what does that have to do with how good they are?

Totally agree.

sirbiznatch007
08-05-2004, 02:17 AM
besides, that have to have the same stage show bit did not really help your case.

What do you mean? Most people that go to an Ac/Dc concert will expect to hear the hits. And will not be satisfied untill they hear them. End Of Story.

tydhurst
08-05-2004, 06:41 AM
My friend has a PRS guitar.

tydhurst
08-05-2004, 06:45 AM
My view is still just MY opinion, it's not intended to cange people's lives. As to why i'm on htis thread, not only do i have a WHOLE LOT OF FREE TIME since the summer started, but if i went to a "New Alice In Chains album" thread and started talking aobut AC/DC i'd really be out of place. This way at least i get more than a "Wrong thread" answer. I like to see what other people think, and to say what I think (Who's going to be the first to say "Who cares what you think?") I'm not out to change people's minds, but it does show how wierd AC/DC fans are. They really will defend the band on the bits i like the least, and to me, make me hate the band more. All the songs sound the same.

tydhurst
08-05-2004, 06:53 AM
What do you mean? Most people that go to an Ac/Dc concert will expect to hear the hits. And will not be satisfied untill they hear them. End Of Story.
Exactly, how is band who only survives on their past hits make them a relavent band nowadays?

spee
08-05-2004, 03:17 PM
angus young by far, he is the reason i started playing the guitar and will never stop

:devil: angus

SlashJr.90
08-06-2004, 01:19 AM
i would say angus purely because he's a great guitarist

quinny1089
08-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Angus is a great guitarist and his solos r awesome but i think the person who has affected the bands success the most is Malcolm, he his the one who wrote the main riffs, Angus only does the solos (although they are great)

87th
08-06-2004, 10:29 AM
In my opinion, AC/DC are a poor man's KISS and KISS are incredibly overrated. :D

King of Ribbs
08-07-2004, 12:41 AM
Angus

skarred4life
08-07-2004, 03:50 PM
angus was the heart and soul of that band

Hells_Rocker
08-08-2004, 08:48 PM
I started listening to them two years ago and I only knew of brian johnson but after watching a behind the music on vh1 I started listening to alot more bon scott. He is better, although I have nothing against Brian.

But, without a doubt Angus and malcolm will always and have always been the fire behind the band. Angus is a god of a guitarist and malcolm is a god of a song writer.

Scot-Guitarist
08-08-2004, 10:49 PM
angus had the biggest impact on the group

ljfac/dc
08-09-2004, 10:08 AM
I actually think it was Brian Johnson, because when Bon Scott died if they wouldn't have found a voice that sounded so much like Bon Scotts then they wouldn't be the electrifying group they are today!

JB2500
08-09-2004, 03:16 PM
They all did. Bon Scott was a great frontman with a voice to match, Angus is just an SG weilding, sweat flinging ball of energy on stage, Malcolm wrote most of the bands big riffs and Brian Johnson picked up the pieces when it looked as though they would never play again after losing Bon.

But I voted Angus

rocktillithurts
08-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Yeah i have that, the crowd love him, there would me no AC/DC without Angus.

Kona
08-09-2004, 07:00 PM
I think Angus had the most effect on Ac/Dc due to his face melting solo's and his phsycho guitar style.

acdc101
08-09-2004, 08:58 PM
But ac/dc never would have made it without bon though.

Before bon was the singer for ac/dc he was the bands driver. So one night the bands former vocalist Dave Evans couldnt sing. So the band needed a vocalist; Bon stepped on stage and said "to anyone here tonight to see dave evans, the band has fired him because he went off and got married." Bon sang that night and he was so good no matter how drunk he was so they kept him and that was the beginning of real ac/dc.
So you see the band wouldnt have made it without bon.

SoulStripper7
08-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Actually, Dave Evans wouldn't sing. He always acted like a spolied brat; he would refuse to go up on stage, etc. So one day he wouldn't go up on stage, and Bon jumped in.

RRhoads_fan_123
08-20-2004, 06:00 PM
ANGUS DEFINATLEY. HE WAS ON THE COVER OF MOST CDS, HE WAS THE CRAZIEST IN CONCERT, SO I WOULD SAY ANGUS

SoulStripper7
08-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Ok, Bon Scott didn't die of a car accident. He died from going to sleep and choking on his own vomit.

Angus AND Malcom wrote the riffs. Angus wrote the more better known songs, like Thunderstruck untirely by himself. So sayying Malcom wrote all the riffs....is kinda far fetched. Angus made alot, and they helped out eachother.

Actually, Malcolm came up with his part on Thunderstruck, but Angus wrote most of it...Actually, now that i think about it, Angus and whoever was the singer at the time wrote the lyrics. I think. Malcolm actually does come up with most of the riffs. I've heard Angus say that. You'll notice that on Malcolm's bio on a site it calls him the 'riffmaker'. And really he started the band, and he is the brains behind it all. He always keeps track of what happens with it. Although Angus is my favourite member, the band belongs to Malcolm. Always has, always will. And Angus is second-in-command. But if Angus dies, they'll have to stop. I mean, AC/DC is really just another band without Angus. But I have a feeling that AC/DC will be like the Rolling Stones....never, ever going away. I have a feeling that they'll live till they're like 105.

pepajaktbs2
08-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Bon to the mainstream, Angus to the musicians (he kept them from being just another power-chord band)

DizzyTS
09-11-2004, 03:07 AM
Everyone has to vote on Angus. He's a really good preformer. But an average guitarist

greenday41
09-14-2004, 08:33 PM
It sux that Bon Scott died but the most tragic death was probable John Lennon or Cliff Burton.

ry guy 48
09-14-2004, 09:51 PM
wow obviosly angus young is going to win this thing... why is this here?

SoulStripper7
09-15-2004, 06:29 PM
No idea, maybe a MOD should close it.

self-made_page
10-17-2004, 12:02 PM
well malcolm started the band. angus was only 14 when they started putting it together.

SoulStripper7
10-17-2004, 12:18 PM
No he was 18. Saying he was 14 was a lie that the media put together so that he would fit into the schoolboy image, so they changed his birthdate from 1955 to 1959.

lorddubton
10-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Yeah he was 16 when the first album (high voltage) came out

SoulStripper7
10-17-2004, 08:51 PM
No, he wasn't. He was 18 or 19. Read up on your facts, he was 18 when he joined the band. If you really knew anything about the band you would know that.

lorddubton
10-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Yeah sorry soulstripper7 i made a mistake but i will have you know i am a true fan and own every single album and the big bonfire box

SoulStripper7
10-17-2004, 09:41 PM
^^I can't believe you have Bonfire...my god, I want that so bad.

lorddubton
10-17-2004, 09:44 PM
are you kidding or serious?

pinheadslts75
10-21-2004, 10:47 PM
Malcom Young. It was his band to start with. Angus would sound thin without his backup (because they don't use that much gain). He came up with several classic riffs(highway to hell to name one). And, Angus admitted in one article that Malcom could play any of his solo's easy, he's just too lazy.

Bon Scott was probably the biggest part of the shaping of AC/DC's sound of plain, straight rock with a bluesy influence as well as the Young's incredibly instinctive Rhythm/lead formation.

Angus is the biggest part of the band's attitude and partial part of the band's overall sucess because of his show-stealing stage antic's.

SoulStripper7
10-21-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by lorddubton
are you kidding or serious?

I'm serious...I think I must be the most obsessed female who likes the band. And to the guy above...Angus says Malcolm can do better than him at everything whenever he's asked about how they work together or whatever...so basically every interview...but I agree with what you said.

Dudley000
10-22-2004, 01:41 AM
There is only one angus in the world he has change the way rock music is i rekon. bon scott sure he had an effect on the crowd but not to the extent angus did or should i say does

SoulStripper7
10-22-2004, 11:48 AM
^^Why do you think girls slept with them all the time? Cuz Bon was in the band...But Angus did change on how guitar was played bevause people did move around with their guitars after Chuck Berry came onto the scene but no one moved like they were on drugs and having an epleptic fit.

hardrock1315
10-22-2004, 06:52 PM
ARE YOU CRAZY?! people love angus!

SoulStripper7
10-22-2004, 07:59 PM
^^I didn't say that people didn't love Angus, hell, I'm obsessed with the guy; I have pictures of him all over my room, but when you see him, you don't see him with women surrounding him, like you did with Bon. But I guess I wouldn't know, I never met the band when they were all single.

Angusman60
10-23-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by jono034
I dont think the band would be able to be AC/DC without Angus. . . Angus is the only one who has been with the band on every tour and every album. . . Definately angus. . .
that is true but you are forgeting about malcom ain't ya enless he quite the band at a point then rejoined but i voted for angus but i think malcom is the better guitar player

SoulStripper7
10-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Malcolm was off for one tour because of his drinking problems, and they had the Young brothers' nephew come to fill in for him. But Malcolm writes almost all of the riffs, and he is a good songwriter and soloist. He's apparently Angus's favourite guitar player.

Lint
10-23-2004, 12:37 PM
wait im lost.....chuck berry did the duckwalk before right?? :confused:

anyway i feel angus truly effected the band's success, he was a great entertainer and a wild preformer, however malcom is pretty underrated when it come to AC/DC.

SoulStripper7
10-23-2004, 12:59 PM
^^Yes, Chuck Berry invented the duckwalk before Angus could probably even crawl, let alone walk. I just watched the concert at that airfield in Moscow where AC/DC headlined it. Monsters of Rock I think it was. It was a good concert. You guys should see it.

Sweet Emotion
10-23-2004, 06:51 PM
all the members of AC/DC were in a band together without bon scott...didn't do so hot, so they got him...but angus' style changed i think though, so it's eiter scott or angus...but angus has been with them the whole time, scott died before back in black. so i'm going to say angus young.

lorddubton
10-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Yeah but rumour has it that bon scott wrote most of the lyrics to back in black before he died and that is why they have never returned to the glory days of AC/DC.

SoulStripper7
10-24-2004, 08:33 PM
^^The band said he didn't, and I don't think he did either, just cuz the writing style is a bit different from the previous albums. BTW I'm going as Angus for halloween...

billac/dc
10-25-2004, 05:52 AM
Malcolm and angus definetly the most influential but everyone forgets about malcolm they just think it is all angus. if you look through their songs almost every single one malcolm has been involved in writing it

SoulStripper7
10-25-2004, 06:00 PM
^^Well duh...who do you think comes up with the riffs. And Malcolm wrote on every single song by them. I think we've established how great Malcolm is people...

Stinging_Acid
10-26-2004, 11:25 AM
We could just say that AC/DC needed both Angus and Malcom.

SoulStripper7
10-26-2004, 05:09 PM
^^Amen brother.

ANGUS/JIMI_ROCK
10-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Angus. easily. But u have to give them all props. They've been around for like 30 years and they are still rocking and they came up with one of the most well known riffs of all time (back in black)

FaultySanity
10-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Angus Gave them success. You could even say thats a fact, ive read the bio on Bon Scott...and the pubs would give them gigs because angus had something special. He had so much energy, his guitar screams with movement. He would even roll on the floor when recording in the sudio as if in a live performance. Althogh without Malcolm i dont think AC/DC Would be where they are now. Most of their early reviews were good because they commented on thier 'double-guitar attack'. Malcolm is the back-bone of AC/DC, without him the solos Angus does wouldnt be as 'full'.

Cold&content
10-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Pure Angus :)

SoulStripper7
10-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by FaultySanity
Angus Gave them success. You could even say thats a fact, ive read the bio on Bon Scott...and the pubs would give them gigs because angus had something special. He had so much energy, his guitar screams with movement. He would even roll on the floor when recording in the sudio as if in a live performance. Althogh without Malcolm i dont think AC/DC Would be where they are now. Most of their early reviews were good because they commented on thier 'double-guitar attack'. Malcolm is the back-bone of AC/DC, without him the solos Angus does wouldnt be as 'full'.

ry guy 48
10-29-2004, 11:51 PM
def. angus. live at donnington was the sweetest.

Nateisdead
11-12-2004, 02:33 PM
Brian Johnson blows royal balls,That being said,AC/DC ROCKS!!!

What A Riff!!!
11-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Angus Young all the way

The Warpig
11-14-2004, 11:15 AM
Bon Scott was the one very early on who pushed the band into touring hard. While Angus is the obvious answer and is a great guitar player, he was only a child when AC/DC really started to make it big in the early 70's. Bon Scott had far more influence early on as he was a seasoned performer and knew how to promote the band. He also was living the rock and roll lifestyle and showed the other members of the band how to do that properly as well.

SoulStripper7
11-14-2004, 02:18 PM
^^Angus was 18...he wasn't that young.

KidC
11-14-2004, 02:25 PM
Bon scott was by far the most talented one.

Metalology
11-14-2004, 02:31 PM
Angus. Live at Donnington was just pure awesome. I wastched it the other day. :cheers:

rock_a_ryhm
11-14-2004, 05:31 PM
it would have to be angus...But i still think the band would have been good its just that they wouldnt of had the awesome concerts they've had with angus doing his solo's

Agony
11-15-2004, 04:02 AM
Spill forth thy song lists for favorite classic ACDC songs such as Livewire or The Jack.
Bring back the classics dammit.
Peace guys.

dologo
11-15-2004, 04:08 AM
Money Talks

dookii
11-15-2004, 04:09 AM
Jailbreak dammit!

frigginjerk
11-15-2004, 04:21 AM
long way to the top

gotta love highway to hell too

shit, they're all good!

Matty Ramone
11-15-2004, 04:50 AM
If you want blood.............Ya got it
Its a long way to the top if you want to rock and Roll
RIFF RAFF
Whole lotta rosie
Shot down in Flames
Lets Get it up

Surfiedude
11-15-2004, 05:22 AM
shot down in flames is a great song

iwannabeyourdog
11-15-2004, 05:39 AM
shoot to thrill

stiff-upper-lip
11-15-2004, 05:44 AM
whole lotta Rosie
Live wire -love that solo
Let There be Rock

There all good tho, can't just pick one coz its too hard!!!

fenderfreak101
11-15-2004, 11:30 AM
classics:
highway to hell
hells bells
back in black
for those about to rock
thunderstruck
TNT
Dirty Deeds
shoot to thrill

Better stuff:
RIDE ON
Squealer
RnR aint noise pollution
Love at first feel
Givin the dog a bone.

matt666
11-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Back In Black
Highway To Hell
Whole Lotta Rosie
TNT
The Jack

are my favourites

KidC
11-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Squeeze the rock right outa ya for the good of food and stuff

ScottyOvertone
11-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Riff Raff
Dog Eat Dog
Bad Boy Boogie
Rocker
Shot Down In Flames
Soul Stripper
Love Hungry Man
Touch Too Much
Rock And Roll Damnation
TNT

YouKnowYourRite
11-15-2004, 01:08 PM
dirty deeds done dirt cheap \m/

Bilzzard_of_Ozz
11-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Back in Black.

frodoisdead
11-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Too many to choose from. They haven't got a mediocre song.

VoodooChild15
11-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Come on, surely I'm not the only worshipper of If You Want Blood (You've Got It)?!?!

FaultySanity
11-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Already a thread on this:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147743

And im i the only guy who likes Beating Around the Bush and Problem Child?

If you never heard of them - of dont even like AC/DC, at least give those a shot.

sirbiznatch007
11-15-2004, 07:43 PM
^
Beating Around The Bush and PRoblem Child are some of my favourites.
list=

Long Way To The Top
Rock N ROll Singer
The Jack
Livewire
Can I sit Next To You Girl
High Voltage
TNT
Go Down
Dog Eat Dog
Let There Be Rock
Rocker
Bad Boy Boogie
Problem Child
Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be
WHole Lotta Rosie
Overdose
Rock N Roll Damnation
Gimme A Bullet
Gone Shootin
Riff Raff
Highway To Hell
Girls Got Rhythm
Shot Down In Flames
Night Prowler
Touch To Much
If You Want Blood
RIde On
Yeah, I got too many, I like everything that Bon did. There is more...don't feel like putting anymore:P.

SoulStripper7
11-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Jailbreak
Soul Stripper
Baby Please Don't Go
Love Song
Little Lover
Rock n Roll Singer
Live Wire
Ride On
Overdose
Dog Eat Dog
Sin City
Rock n Roll Damnation
Whats Next To The Moon
Walk All Over You
Touch Too Much
Beating Around The Bush
Shot Down In Flames
If You Want Blood You've Got It
Night Prowler
Have A Drink On Me
You Shook Me All Night Long
Shake Your Foundations
Who Made Who
Sink The Pink
Meanstreak
Thats The Way I Wanna Rock n Roll
Big Guns
Got You By The Balls
Shot of Love
Are you Ready
Hard As A Rock
Hail Caesar
Safe In New York City

UtBDan
11-15-2004, 08:26 PM
search... that's right, before you post.

Jailbreak!

Underhander
11-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Baby Please dont go!
Carry me Home!
Girls got Rhythm
Shake your foundations
stand up

Agony
11-15-2004, 09:09 PM
for those of you who've said Back in Black: that is their most recognized song, but not really falling under the catagory of "classic ACDC."

Dudley000
11-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Thunderstruck

Shoestick
11-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
Come on, surely I'm not the only worshipper of If You Want Blood (You've Got It)?!?!

No my friend you are not.

But Night Prowler rocks too.

ź├Fire¤nside╗
11-15-2004, 11:34 PM
man AC/DC has so many great songs, but my all time favourite either goes to Moneytalks or Sin City, the latter being the first AC/DC song i ever heard

canucksrule
11-16-2004, 06:06 AM
Oh man, Highway to Hell friggin' rocks the hell out of me.

CandyCaneChild1
11-16-2004, 09:18 AM
AC/DC has too many "holy crap this song is frigg'n awesome that it makes me want to crap my pants" songs to choose just one from.

however, the best PARTY rock song has to be TNT

rock_a_ryhm
11-16-2004, 08:27 PM
what ac/dc song isnt any good

What A Riff!!!
11-25-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Metalology
Angus. Live at Donnington was just pure awesome. I wastched it the other day. :cheers:

Im watching it as I type this post

acdc101
11-25-2004, 12:44 PM
Was ac/dc live recorded at Donnington. If you listen to Back in Black Brian Johnson says the exact same things as on Ac/dc live.

Floyd93
11-25-2004, 02:18 PM
angus, I'm not too big of an AC/DC fan, but I know Angus was who kept the band together

punklege
11-28-2004, 04:13 PM
angus is definatly the heart and soul of AC/DC, they were better with bon, angus and bons showmanship together was unbeatable

SoulStripper7
11-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by acdc101
Was ac/dc live recorded at Donnington. If you listen to Back in Black Brian Johnson says the exact same things as on Ac/dc live.

Two things...

1)No, Live was not recorded at Castle Donington, it was taken from many different shows

2)What do you mean Brian says the same stuff on Black in Black as on AC/DC Live?

Chunky_bogan
11-29-2004, 02:37 AM
when ac/dc first started angus was 14 they had a few gigs in the melbourne area and many of them were ruined by there first vocalist because all he did was hang out with the ladies and miss gigs so finally bin scott a member of two succefull bands the valentines and fraternity stood in and really got the band standin on its feet another reason for there success was angus and malcoms older brother in the easy beats who told his record dealer about his younger brothers band thats how it all started btw bonscott is tops

Clown_Faced
11-29-2004, 08:11 AM
Angus most definately

Monsters of Rock 91', he went off like a champaigne cork after Back in Black. Nobody could forget the running around on stage back and forth, and the constant marching. It's as if he's AC/DC's advertisement. Like an all bran ad with a naked 72 year old lady presenting it.

Kingtab69
11-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by daytripper75
thats an amazing concert, i really wish i coulda been there(i was but a wee one at the time, plus i live in the US) but anyway, its almost like sabbath in my opinion, if sabbath loses Iommi its over, if AC/DC loses Angus its over.

Sabbath went to **** after Mr. Osbourne left. Dumbass!!

Angus

Bilzzard_of_Ozz
11-29-2004, 11:43 AM
What about Phil Rudd?!?!

modestawesomegu
11-29-2004, 03:23 PM
Angus could also impro v gud

SoulStripper7
11-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
What about Phil Rudd?!?!

He's an ok drummer but he's no Nick Mason or Keith Moon.

bassrage
11-30-2004, 04:06 AM
all of them made ac/dc what it is.......pure rock n roll
*does the duck walk*

townsendrocks
11-30-2004, 06:03 AM
acdc rule!!!!!! rock on!!

crzy_gtrst15
11-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Angus and Malcolm worked so hard on all of the albums, they had to make music w/o a singer at first so they basically just left room for the singer to move around with which is a really awesome thing to do and without Malcolm no one would be able to back up such amazing solos as good as he did. But Angus definetely contributed a lot to the band's success.

acdc101
11-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by SoulStripper7
Two things...

1)No, Live was not recorded at Castle Donington, it was taken from many different shows

2)What do you mean Brian says the same stuff on Black in Black as on AC/DC Live?

Before back in black starts he says something. Not right before it on live at Donnington, maybe im thinking of another concert, but he says the same little thing before they start playing. Never mind.
Originally posted by The Warpig
Bon Scott was the one very early on who pushed the band into touring hard. While Angus is the obvious answer and is a great guitar player, he was only a child when AC/DC really started to make it big in the early 70's. Bon Scott had far more influence early on as he was a seasoned performer and knew how to promote the band. He also was living the rock and roll lifestyle and showed the other members of the band how to do that properly as well.

Yeah, he wasnt much of a "child". They did have experience on the road throughout Australia and played 3 shows a day on many occasions, at schools, bars, and other random places I cant think of now. You are also probably thinking of those stupid rumor's about how Angus was only 15.

Live at Donnington was a great concert. The only song Angus really let loose on was Jailbreak though, a shame. He still hasnt lost his touch though. All those years on the road have not worn him down as much as they should have.

SoulStripper7
11-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Live At Donington doesn't even compare to Stiff Upper Lip Live or Live In Paris...oh my god those shows are so intense. And he performs better on them too. But that's just my opinion...

sirbiznatch007
11-30-2004, 11:20 PM
^
OOO, Live in Paris= Greatest concert I have ever seen. I can not even begin to explain it's greatness.

Yeah, Stiff Upper Lip and especially Live In Paris Owns Donnington.

SoulStripper7
11-30-2004, 11:21 PM
^^Thank you! You're the first person who agrees with me on that...

powerage1984
12-01-2004, 12:33 AM
I'm serious...I think I must be the most obsessed female who likes the band. And to the guy above...Angus says Malcolm can do better than him at everything whenever he's asked about how they work together or whatever...so basically every interview...but I agree with what you said.

You're not the only female:D

powerage1984
12-01-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
What about Phil Rudd?!?!

yeah?

SoulStripper7
12-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by powerage1984
You're not the only female:D

Thats good to know:D

Purple Haze123
12-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Angus is probably the biggest thing of AC/DC. if u see him in concert, your mouth will drop and you'll have a puddle of drool; he's that crazy. Bon Scott got AC/DC to startum though, without him all of AC/DC's songs would be so different sounding then what they are

StiffUpperLip
12-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Classics:

Baby Don't Go
Sin City
Riff Raff
High Voltage
Girls Got Rhythm
Big Balls
Shes Got Balls
Down Payment Blues
Dog eat Dog
theres more but im lazy

SoulStripper7
12-10-2004, 04:39 PM
^^It's Baby Please Don't go

bbass1790
12-10-2004, 04:52 PM
HIGH VOLTAGE all the way!

TNfootballfan62
12-10-2004, 07:43 PM
rock and roll aint noise pollution

for those about to rock

PhatToil3t
12-10-2004, 09:07 PM
:headbang: Rock and Roll ain't noise Pollution:headbang:

TapMaster
12-11-2004, 12:00 AM
GONNA MAKE A JAILBREAK!!

that song rules R.i.p. Bon scott

masterbasser89
12-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Long Way To The Top
i love that tune

daytripper75
12-11-2004, 10:56 AM
ill just put a few:

Whole Lotta Rosie
The Jack
Rocker
Riff Raff
Jailbreak
High Voltage
Let There Be Rock

jjmig
12-11-2004, 11:56 AM
1.shook me all night long
2. back in black
3. Thunder struck
4. Long way to the top
5.shoot to thrill

ctb
12-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Highway To Hell !!!

Beatlemaniac87
12-11-2004, 05:00 PM
..."and it's a ROCK AND ROLL DAMNATION! mind your whipping boy. A ROCK N ROLL DAMNATION, take a chance, while you still have a choice!"

such inspiring lyrics

Agony
12-11-2004, 09:36 PM
How about favorite AC/DC lyrics?

I'm definitely going with Hells Bells and Live Wire.

SuperAngus
12-12-2004, 01:12 AM
Yes, they all rock, heres a complete list of them all just to clairify for you.Rockin' in the Parlour
Can I sit next to you girl
Carry Me Home
The Jack (Full Live Version)
Baby, Please don't Go
She's Got Balls
Little Lover
Stick Around
Soul Stripper
You ain't got a hold on me
Love Song
Show Business
It's a Long Way to the Top...
Rock 'n' Roll Singer
The Jack (From High Voltage)
Live Wire
T.N.T.
Can I Sit Next To You Girl? (From High Voltage)
Rocker
High Voltage
School Days
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Ain't No Fun (Waiting Round To Be A Millionaire)
There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'
Problem Child
Squealer
Big Balls
R.I.P. (Rock In Peace)
Ride On
JailBreak
Love At First Feel
Go Down
Dog Eat Dog
Let There Be Rock
Bad Boy Boogie
Overdose
Crabsody in Blue
Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be
Whole Lotta Rosie
Rock 'n' Roll Damnation
Gimme a Bullet
Down Payment Blues
Gone Shootin'
Riff Raff
Sin City
Up to my neck in you
What's next to the Moon
Kicked in the Teeth
Cold Hearted Man
Highway to Hell
Girls Got Rhythm
Walk All Over You
Touch too Much
Beating Around the Bush
Shot Down in Flames
Get it hot
If you Want Blood (You Got it)
Love Hungry Man
Night Prowler
Hells Bells
Shoot to Thrill
What do you do for Money Honey
Given the Dog a Bone
Let me put my love into you
Back In Black
You Shook me All Night Long
Have a drink on me
Shake a leg
Rock 'n' Roll ain't Noise Pollution
For those about to rock (we salute you)
Put the Finger On You
Let's Get it up
Inject the Venom
Snowballed
Evil Walks
C.O.D.
Breaking the Rules
Night of the Long Knives
Spellbound
Rising Power
This House is on Fire
Flick of the Switch
Nervous Shakedown
Landslide
Guns For Hire
Deep in the Hole
Bedlam in Belgium
Badlands
Brain Shake
Fly on the Wall
Shake your Foundations
First Blood
Danger
Sink the Pink
Playing with Girls
Stand Up
Hell or High Water
Back In Business
Send for the Man
Who Made Who
Heatseeker
That's the way I wanna rock 'n' roll
Meanstreak
Go Zone
Kissin' Dynamite
Nick of Time
Some Sin for Nuthin'
Ruff Stuff
Two's Up
This Means War
Snake Eye
Borrowed Time
Down on the Borderline
Thunderstruck
Fire Your Guns
Moneytalks
The Razor's Edge
Mistress for Christmas
Rock Your Little Heart Out
Are You Ready
Got You By the Balls
Shot of Love
Let's make it
Goodbye & Good Riddance to bad luck
If You Dare
Big Gun
Bonny
Hard As A Rock
Cover You In Oil
Furor
Boogie Man
The Honey Roll
Burning Alive
Hail Caesar
Love Bomb
Caught with Your Pants Down
Whiskey on the Rocks
Ballbreaker
Dirty Eyes
Touch too much (original)
If you want Blood (original)
Back Seat Confidential
Get it Hot (original)
Stiff Upper Lip
Meltdown
House of Jazz
Hold Me Back
Safe in New York City
Can't Stand Still
Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll
Satellite Blues
Damned
Come and Get It
All Screwed Up
Give It Up

Hell yeah, they all kickass.

SuperAngus
12-12-2004, 01:58 AM
I voted Malcom because he started the group, wrote the majoraty of the songs, is Angus' bro, and he has nice hair:) lol

Oh, Bon Scott died when him and his friend were coming home from some place(a night of heavy drinking), he fell asleep on the way to his house, his firend left him in the car because he was out ,came back in the morning to check on him, he could wake up, and was declared dead at Kings College Hospital Febuary 19th 1980.

jjmig
12-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Paris deffinetly is their best, doningtons al right but its nothing special like paris or stiff upper lip. Better?

jjmig
12-12-2004, 11:09 AM
thats all of em isn't it, yeah thats why acdc are so good, they have soooooooooo many hits

SoulStripper7
12-12-2004, 12:18 PM
^^Actually I think they're good not because they have hits, but because they play good music. Whether a song gets alot of airplay or not doesn't determine how good it is. And most of those songs no one knows because their stuff like Highway to Hell and Back in Black are so overrated and overplayed.

SoulStripper7
12-12-2004, 12:23 PM
^^I think you need to edit your post because it has alot of spelling errors. First off, its Donington. And its not Stiffer Upper Lip, its Stiff Upper Lip. And SuperAngus, bon actually died on Feburary 20, not the 19th. Just to let you know.

jjmig
12-12-2004, 12:28 PM
^^ i guess your right, i mean i like stuff people don't no like shoot to thrill, high voltage and others but i also like the over played ones. but you do make a good point

TNfootballfan62
12-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by SuperAngus
Yes, they all rock, heres a complete list of them all just to clairify for you.Rockin' in the Parlour
Can I sit next to you girl
Carry Me Home
The Jack (Full Live Version)
Baby, Please don't Go
She's Got Balls
Little Lover
Stick Around
Soul Stripper
You ain't got a hold on me
Love Song
Show Business
It's a Long Way to the Top...
Rock 'n' Roll Singer
The Jack (From High Voltage)
Live Wire
T.N.T.
Can I Sit Next To You Girl? (From High Voltage)
Rocker
High Voltage
School Days
Ain't No Fun (Waiting Round To Be A Millionaire)
There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'
Problem Child
Squealer
Big Balls
R.I.P. (Rock In Peace)
Ride On
JailBreak
Love At First Feel
Go Down
Dog Eat Dog
Let There Be Rock
Bad Boy Boogie
Overdose
Crabsody in Blue
Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be
Whole Lotta Rosie
Rock 'n' Roll Damnation
Gimme a Bullet
Down Payment Blues
Gone Shootin'
Riff Raff
Sin City
Up to my neck in you
What's next to the Moon
Kicked in the Teeth
Cold Hearted Man
Highway to Hell
Girls Got Rhythm
Walk All Over You
Touch too Much
Beating Around the Bush
Shot Down in Flames
Get it hot
If you Want Blood (You Got it)
Love Hungry Man
Night Prowler
Hells Bells
Shoot to Thrill
What do you do for Money Honey
Given the Dog a Bone
Let me put my love into you
Back In Black
You Shook me All Night Long
Have a drink on me
Shake a leg
Rock 'n' Roll ain't Noise Pollution
For those about to rock (we salute you)
Put the Finger On You
Let's Get it up
Inject the Venom
Snowballed
Evil Walks
C.O.D.
Breaking the Rules
Night of the Long Knives
Spellbound
Rising Power
This House is on Fire
Flick of the Switch
Nervous Shakedown
Landslide
Guns For Hire
Deep in the Hole
Bedlam in Belgium
Badlands
Brain Shake
Fly on the Wall
Shake your Foundations
First Blood
Danger
Sink the Pink
Playing with Girls
Stand Up
Hell or High Water
Back In Business
Send for the Man
Who Made Who
Heatseeker
That's the way I wanna rock 'n' roll
Meanstreak
Go Zone
Kissin' Dynamite
Nick of Time
Some Sin for Nuthin'
Ruff Stuff
Two's Up
This Means War
Snake Eye
Borrowed Time
Down on the Borderline
Thunderstruck
Fire Your Guns
Moneytalks
The Razor's Edge
Mistress for Christmas
Rock Your Little Heart Out
Are You Ready
Got You By the Balls
Shot of Love
Let's make it
Goodbye & Good Riddance to bad luck
If You Dare
Big Gun
Bonny
Hard As A Rock
Cover You In Oil
Furor
Boogie Man
The Honey Roll
Burning Alive
Hail Caesar
Love Bomb
Caught with Your Pants Down
Whiskey on the Rocks
Ballbreaker
Dirty Eyes
Touch too much (original)
If you want Blood (original)
Back Seat Confidential
Get it Hot (original)
Stiff Upper Lip
Meltdown
House of Jazz
Hold Me Back
Safe in New York City
Can't Stand Still
Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll
Satellite Blues
Damned
Come and Get It
All Screwed Up
Give It Up

Hell yeah, they all kickass.

someone has a little to much time on their hands

Agony
12-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by TNfootballfan62
someone has a little to much time on their hands

I agree, i asked for favorites, not every song.

SoulStripper7
12-12-2004, 07:43 PM
^^What if he likes every song?

Agony
12-12-2004, 10:00 PM
^^What if he likes every song?

You have a point there. especially considering how good all their songs are.
I retract my previous comment.

BMBH
12-12-2004, 10:06 PM
For Those About To Rock

rockindude
12-12-2004, 10:34 PM
TNT
back in black
Thunderstruck

TNfootballfan62
12-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Agony
You have a point there. especially considering how good all their songs are.
I retract my previous comment.

you retract your previous statement if you want to. I STICKING TO MY GUNS.

haha, i was jk in the first place :D

D-Fens
12-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Everything is good by AC/DC, except Get it Hot. :puke:

Eddy Vanhalen
12-13-2004, 01:16 AM
Bon Scot was a grea lead singer that Brian Johnson could never amount to and as for Angus Young He was a medioker guitarist

SuperAngus
12-13-2004, 01:17 PM
I like 99% of their songs, there are a few that just dont flow with me.

quinny1089
12-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Malcolm Young, coz he wrote all the riffs.

What A Riff!!!
12-13-2004, 06:34 PM
How many studio recorded songs span 10 minutes or longeR? There are none to my knowledge, I could be wrong.

SoulStripper7
12-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Eddy Vanhalen
Bon Scot was a grea lead singer that Brian Johnson could never amount to and as for Angus Young He was a medioker guitarist

Learn to spell. And Angus Young wasn't a guitar player...he IS a guitar player, and he isn't mediocre either. And to What A Riff!!!, I think their longest song is about 8 minutes long, and they're all off of Let There Be Rock because of the crazy solos Angus does in them but I'd have to check again.

SoulStripper7
12-13-2004, 07:19 PM
The only ones I don't like are Get it Hot and Love Hungry Man...they just don't do it for me. I don't find myself getting the urge to do the duckwalk from listening to them, so(that usually cuts it for me).

jjmig
12-13-2004, 09:21 PM
^^ yeah guys don't insult AC/DC infront of soulstripper, she'll come after you

Originally posted by Eddy Vanhalen

dude, angus may be crazy and insane,
but medioker is the wrong word

SuperAngus
12-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Truely, let me know when you can play BETTER than angus, when your 50 years old, and point out all of his flaws for me to see, so maybe I can find a new band to like eh'?

jjmig
12-13-2004, 10:44 PM
was that derected to me because i wasn't insulting him

SuperAngus
12-13-2004, 10:49 PM
At school, my locker is filled with AC/DC pictures. One day, some girls came up to me and said "ewwww they are soo sick looking, are you gay?" I responded simply with "I love their music, not them, I respect what they do, and I wished that you would too". This rap stuff is amazing its lasted this far.

SuperAngus
12-13-2004, 10:53 PM
No no man, it was at E. Halen, since he said that Angus was mediocre, which I dont honestly see how is possible.

Agony
12-14-2004, 06:05 AM
At school, my locker is filled with AC/DC pictures. One day, some girls came up to me and said "ewwww they are soo sick looking, are you gay?" I responded simply with "I love their music, not them, I respect what they do, and I wished that you would too". This rap stuff is amazing its lasted this far.

That she even said that is ridiculous. AC/DC RULES!

Ah, i just looked at your profile and discovered that the girl who said that must have been roughly your age. which would put her at the "ew, you're gay" age.

SoulStripper7
12-14-2004, 06:23 PM

Ahaha, I have pictures of them in my locker too but I actually do love them(and their music). And my friends make fun of me and say I have horrible taste. In music and in men. But thats besides the point. Those girls are stupid for saying that. How old were they, anyways? Like 12? Ridiculous, it really is. And rap...people only listen to it because it has so much media hype.

SuperAngus
12-14-2004, 08:26 PM
They were 13, and have no taste in music lol.

RHCPbassist22
12-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Im just gonna say TNT or Highway to Hell and u Know what its immpossible to chose the best AC?DC song their all AWSOME!!!

LedZep420
12-15-2004, 05:44 PM
Angus, he's the ****!

Underhander
12-15-2004, 06:14 PM
baby dont go!

SoulStripper7
12-15-2004, 06:18 PM
They were 13, and have no taste in music lol.

Most 13 year olds don't. Hell when I turned 13 I hated AC/DC...but I forgot to add a song that I quite like. The Razors Edge. The beginning to that song is so cool. Oh...and Bonny. That song is very...Scottish, I suppose. Too bad its only a live song.

SoulStripper7
12-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Truely, let me know when you can play BETTER than angus, when your 50 years old, and point out all of his flaws for me to see, so maybe I can find a new band to like eh'?

I think he has more energy than me and he, like you said, is around 50 years old. Like, its ****ing insane. At the Toronto Rocks thing he was still all over the place. AND he smokes. You'd think that would make it hard.

SuperAngus
12-16-2004, 12:07 AM
SS- What drummer do you like better, Chris Slade or Phill Rudd?

Chris was more wild, listen to the intro to The Razors Edge, the entire Thunderstruck song, and compare to Phill's.
Phill was more rythmatical with his drumming.

I liked them both, but Im leaning towards chris because he really made you move with his sound.

wank59
12-16-2004, 01:56 PM
whats tragik about dying at the end of an open bottle of whiskey ??:cheers:

sirbiznatch007
12-16-2004, 05:31 PM
I like Phill Rudd WAY better than Chris Slade. I just found their sound tighter with Phill. He kept the beat very well, and he got really into it. He is just....cool. I mean come on!, the man raced a plane in a porsche!:D. lol. But yeah, I like Phil Better, he just kicks ass. I find their sound changed so much when Chris drummed for them, and not neccesarily for the better. One song I like Phill better for is Let There Be Rock. If you watch Donington, then watch Live In Paris, or Stiff Upper Lip Dvd, Phill is just noticibally awesome at that song.

Oh and SoulStripper, there is a recorded version of Bonny, it is on the B side of "74' Jailbreak". It is called "Fling Thing". It is an old scottich folk song about the river "Bonny" (I think it's a river:P). I can try sending it too you sometime if you haven't heard it:P.

SoulStripper7
12-16-2004, 06:01 PM
^^No I have it, but its very fast and its about 2-3 minutes long or something and Bonny is slow, like I can play it when I'm practically asleep, and its about maby 40-60 seconds long. Ithink the song is about a loch or something(I think, don't quote me on that). SuperAngus, I find that Chris Slade is a better drummer for show-wise, because he can do alot of cool sounding stuff, but he goes too fast(even AC/DC need to slow down now and again). Phil is alot better at keeping the beat and you know, he did do some pretty good drumming in the 70's(just listen to '74 Jailbreak), but he doesnt' do a whole lot of intricate things like Chris did. But I like Phil better because he always seemed to be a part of the band. Chris just seemed like some guy who tagged along. He never seemed to be really part of the band. Simon Wright was never really part of the band either(that stupid SOB, I hate him), but he couldn't drum period.

acdc101
12-16-2004, 06:09 PM
^ Chris slade, he was basically a stand-in drummer.

SoulStripper7
12-16-2004, 06:23 PM
^^Yeah, basically. But I think that about every other drummer they had besides Phil.

acdc101
12-16-2004, 07:44 PM
I dont think the band was comfortable with the other drummers. Oh and I see you have changed your status to "ac/dc expert", you are probably the only person on this forum who could have that title.

SoulStripper7
12-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Ahahaha, well someone else already had "Angus Young Lover".

acdc101
12-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Really? Wouldnt think that would be a very popular status.

SoulStripper7
12-16-2004, 09:36 PM
^^Lol, I know, and I think it was a guy too. And I agree with you on the band being comfortable with any other drummers. I believe Angus and Malcolm said that, too. Does anyone know why Phil left the band? I heard it was because he made a move on Malcolm's wife. And to back that up I've read various things which said "...Phil left the band because of irresponsible behavior with women..."

sirbiznatch007
12-16-2004, 09:47 PM
^
Yeah, I am not sure, I have also heard he left to do something with the military of some sort.

But I have no clue, all there is is rumours:P.

acdc101
12-16-2004, 09:50 PM
I also heard that he was caught trying to fool around with Malcolms wife, could be a rumor though.

SoulStripper7
12-17-2004, 06:14 PM
^^Well, they're probably never going to say anyways. They've both seemed to have forgotten it considering they're friends again.

AngusRock_666
12-20-2004, 03:53 PM
:headbang: :gunsfirin :finger:

What you'r favourite AC/DC album.Mines Highway To Hell which is by far their best.(in my opinion)

TapMaster
12-20-2004, 03:56 PM
jailbreak 74 cause i think jailbreak is the best acdc song

AngusRock_666
12-20-2004, 03:57 PM
ya jail break rocks but i like Highway to Hell as a whole album

jjmig
12-20-2004, 05:19 PM
back in black
high voltage
highway to hell
dirty deeds
the razors edge

those are my top 5

SoulStripper7
12-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Powerage
Let There Be Rock
Highway to Hell
The Razor's Edge
Blow Up Your Video
High Voltage(oz)
TNT(oz)
Back In Black
Who Made Who
Fly on the Wall
Ballbreaker
Stiff Upper Lip
Live
If You Want Blood You've Got It
Flick of the Switch

Those are my favourite albums in order.

bbass1790
12-21-2004, 11:18 PM
John Lennon

jono034
12-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by bbass1790
John Lennon

what the hell does John Lennon have to do with AC/DC?? :confused:

TNfootballfan62
12-21-2004, 11:21 PM
John Lennon

wtf does that have to do with anything?

would you like to die?

SuperAngus
12-21-2004, 11:37 PM
^^^^^^I agree - WTF!!!!!!!!!!

acdc101
12-23-2004, 10:01 PM
John Lennon

Yes, John Lennon, what is he, the 6th member of Ac/Dc? I love his work on 74' Jailbreak..:rolleyes:

SoulStripper7
12-24-2004, 12:51 PM
^^Nah I think the piano work on Highway to Hell sounds better than his stuff on 74 Jailbreak.

For those of you do not know sarcasm that was it right there.

hobo8917
12-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Of course Angus

Messer
01-22-2005, 04:30 PM
most def angus, he has been on every tour and album with them

acdc101
01-22-2005, 04:39 PM
How could I ever think anyone but Angus could ever win this?
Originally posted by bucky_2300
Oh, btw, Angus. He embodied AC/DC. His vocals and guitar...amazing. :cheers:
When did Angus sing?

SoulStripper7
01-22-2005, 05:27 PM
^^On TNT and Dirty Deeds...but still...not really what you would call singing...more like grunting, lol.

spin dizzy
01-25-2005, 05:48 AM
flick of the switch is so underated. it's much better than blow up ur video. just thought i'd point that out, wrong thread or not.

For the experts out there, are DC releasing another album, if yes, then when?

acdc101
01-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Yeah, they are. Sometime later this year. I dont care for the album as much as the world tour though. Also, Brian will be helping with the lyrics this time around, first time since 'Blow up your video'.