Old rock is old...let it die.

PDA

View Full Version : Old rock is old...let it die.

sk8hard4eva
03-21-2009, 11:34 PM
It's just like disco. It's dead....let it go in peace.

It's all about todays bands! Don't get me wrong the oldies were good but todays guys have evolved.

They can play **** so sick it's like it's not even human.

I just don't see all the fuss over that old stuff. Should'nt its fans of died by now? haha

Maxico
03-21-2009, 11:36 PM
yeah Linkin Park forever....

wait - LOL

boxie
03-21-2009, 11:36 PM
... Troll?

\m/Angus\m/
03-21-2009, 11:38 PM
It's just like disco. It's dead....let it go in peace.

It's all about todays bands! Don't get me wrong the oldies were good but todays guys have evolved.

I just don't see all the fuss over that old stuff. Should'nt its fans of died by now? haha
Oh shut up, damned elitist in these forums are ridiculous, it's not all about playing ya know? Todays music doesn't have anything close to the feel of yesterdays. You shouldn't have even made this thread, you're an 09'er with the name of "sk8hard4eva". I doubt you know what real good music is.

spazzymagee417
no.

K Dizzle
... Troll?

i hope so

If not, may God have mercy on our souls...

Mobiusr
how about never

"Why?" Cause alot of new band can suck my dick seriously come on. Jonas Brothers have a guitarist who think he's all great but in realty i can kick his ass at guitar. Including that dam lesson that they put proves how sucky they are.

IN OTHER WORDS OLD ROCK BEATS ALOT OF THE NEW ROCK IT WILL NEVER DIE

Note: I do like some new bands

guitarsftw
03-21-2009, 11:39 PM
good music should never have to die, and it never will. i'm not saying all classic rock is awesome, there are some really bad songs, albums, and bands, but the truly influential will never fade away

severed-metal
03-21-2009, 11:39 PM
:facepalm:

Just report and keep on walkin...

StewieSwan
03-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Oh shut up, damned elitist in these forums are ridiculous, it's not all about playing ya know? Todays music doesn't have anything close to the feel of yesterdays. You shouldn't have even made this thread, you're an 09'er with the name of "sk8hard4eva". I doubt you know what real good music is.

I lol'd at your post. Getting irritated with modern music elitists, and then talking about how nobody has any feel nowadays :rolleyes:

boxie
Look. I'm 14, and I love stuff like Whitesnake and Journey, because well, they're awesome.

But really? **** like Escape the Fate? It's not singing, it's screaming.

Each to his own, so stfu.

hendrixism
Please give me an example.

MichaelOfCanton
03-21-2009, 11:42 PM
oh you young turk. dont reject the roots of youre love because youre consciousness is not yet big enoug to see the whole picture.

\m/Angus\m/
03-21-2009, 11:42 PM
I lol'd at your post. Getting irritated with modern music elitists, and then talking about how nobody has any feel nowadays :rolleyes:
No, don't get me wrong, alot of bands today are great. I didn't mean the same emotion, I mean the same sound as a whole.

espplayer400
03-21-2009, 11:45 PM
sk8hard4eva is flaming cup of douche juice... let him die

B. Joe
Your old grandma is old... let her die.

goldmember1217
how about never

"Why?" Cause alot of new band can suck my dick seriously come on. Jonas Brothers have a guitarist who think he's all great but in realty i can kick his ass at guitar. Including that dam lesson that they put proves how sucky they are.

IN OTHER WORDS OLD ROCK BEATS ALOT OF THE NEW ROCK IT WILL NEVER DIE

Note: I do like some new bands
Shut up.

And what does age have to do with anything? Good music is good music, regardless of what year it was released.

crimsonblood12
Oh, dear. Really, gentlemen, if you can't come up with a valid response beyond "FUK Y'ALL'S NEW MUSICKS! IT SUKS," please, don't respond.

And, mate, I don't really see your point. That's like saying "Dude, why do you people keep talking about Beethoven. He's dead, man. Why's it matter anymore?" Well, we still feel that influence in today's music. It's the same with CR acts. We like to talk about their influence, and their music in general. I'd like to note that several regular's here like many modern bands. The mod is the biggest Black Crowes fan ever. Ever, ever, ever.

IamAwesomeness
03-21-2009, 11:47 PM
i do hav a similair sorta idea...i definitely dnt think it should die.it should be respected...but i mean..so they had big influences yeah...but like...there isnt a single guitarist from the old days tht could shred like sum of todays shredders..not saying tht makes the music better...but damn, its not like they can do anything the new people cant..and of course they were influential...bak then wen rock was first developing....my gawd how easy it is to stand out.....its like wen u discover a new piece of land..and u find sumthin new....eventually the land runs out and u work with wat u got.developing stuff from there..the first people who find it get famous for it....i do believe its time to move on to quite a degree...were supposed to move forward..dnt stay stuck in the past like sum old man....who shouldnt do tht either..

B. Joe
03-21-2009, 11:48 PM
i do hav a similair sorta idea...i definitely dnt think it should die.it should be respected...but i mean..so they had big influences yeah...but like...there isnt a single guitarist from the old days tht could shred like sum of todays shredders..not saying tht makes the music better...but damn, its not like they can do anything the new people cant..and of course they were influential...bak then wen rock was first developing....my gawd how easy it is to stand out.....its like wen u discover a new piece of land..and u find sumthin new....eventually the land runs out and u work with wat u got.developing stuff from there..the first people who find it get famous for it....i do believe its time to move on to quite a degree...were supposed to move forward..dnt stay stuck in the past like sum old man....who shouldnt do tht either..
i ddnt ndrstnd a wrd yu sd

\m/Angus\m/
03-21-2009, 11:49 PM
You're opinion doesn't matter until you can form one sentence that is all spelled and typed correctly. Oh, and what you do say sounds just like what he said, just worded, or not worded, ha, nicer. What new guitarists is nothing new, they just learned more theory then old guitarists and decided to put it to some fast, loud music, and then play it as fast as possible.

A Rolling Stone
03-21-2009, 11:51 PM
*reported*

crimsonblood12
03-21-2009, 11:51 PM
http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

B. Joe
03-21-2009, 11:52 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/krevster/Insult%20pics/english-mother****er.gif
this

IamAwesomeness
03-21-2009, 11:57 PM
alright first of all, i could make a sentence if i wanted to...but damn on the internet where u dnt need too and u could type faster? screw typin correctly..i hate wen people say tht its like...seriously??do u text grammatically corrent too? XD
kk to the other dude. u ever read like...U.S. history? u dnt hav to like it but as long as u went to school ur brain was crammed with it...so the pioneers came and found stuff..and their famous for tht...same with the music world..the people who did it first are famous..but its not tht hard wen simple things are new to every1..
also the new stuff, isnt just guitarists with more theory to faster music (which is actually rather new in itself but...well thts not good enough for u)...once agn ill say i dnt think it makes the music better...but the music has evolved and modern guitarist should be just as respected...not all of it is faster either..tho it cant be...they've begun to explore all areas of the musical spectrum...pretty damn new for the rock world

IamAwesomeness
03-22-2009, 12:00 AM
also to angus...i suggest reading over ur last post and realizing quite a few grammatical errors in it...my gawd ur a great example tht i shall tell to other people of the idiocy in people tellin others in internet forums to make correct sentences XD
dnt talk about mine, im obviously not trying very hard too...im just tryin to get points across

PedroLesPaulVM
03-22-2009, 12:04 AM
http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/idiot-asian-demotivational-poster.jpg
DemotivateUs
(http://www.demotivateus.com)

severed-metal
03-22-2009, 12:07 AM
alright first of all, i could make a sentence if i wanted to...but damn on the internet where u dnt need too and u could type faster? screw typin correctly..i hate wen people say tht its like...seriously??do u text grammatically corrent too? XD
kk to the other dude. u ever read like...U.S. history? u dnt hav to like it but as long as u went to school ur brain was crammed with it...so the pioneers came and found stuff..and their famous for tht...same with the music world..the people who did it first are famous..but its not tht hard wen simple things are new to every1..
also the new stuff, isnt just guitarists with more theory to faster music (which is actually rather new in itself but...well thts not good enough for u)...once agn ill say i dnt think it makes the music better...but the music has evolved and modern guitarist should be just as respected...not all of it is faster either..tho it cant be...they've begun to explore all areas of the musical spectrum...pretty damn new for the rock world

Well, typing correct and smashing your face against the keyboard are two seperate things. :confused:

dylanfg
03-22-2009, 12:10 AM
well new bands dont seem to bother with guitar solos and im into old music cos their guitarist r generally better

crimsonblood12
03-22-2009, 12:13 AM
also to angus...i suggest reading over ur last post and realizing quite a few grammatical errors in it...my gawd ur a great example tht i shall tell to other people of the idiocy in people tellin others in internet forums to make correct sentences XD
dnt talk about mine, im obviously not trying very hard too...im just tryin to get points across
Well, that's all well and good, but I don't want to read your posts, you seem like an idiot to me, and the significance and intellectual validity of what you are typing is lost in that mindless babble that you spew from your keyboard.

Dylan, that's a huge generalization. Some of my favorite guitarists are more modern.

BrainDamage
03-22-2009, 12:41 AM
alright first of all, i could make a sentence if i wanted to...but damn on the internet where u dnt need too and u could type faster? screw typin correctly..i hate wen people say tht its like...seriously??do u text grammatically corrent too? XD I was going to say something here, but crimsonblood (who I thank for at least trying to respond in a respectable manner) took the words right out of my mouth...
Well, that's all well and good, but I don't want to read your posts, you seem like an idiot to me, and the significance and intellectual validity of what you are typing is lost in that mindless babble that you spew from your keyboard.Now please, IamAwesomeness, I want you to prove your claim that you could make a sentence if you wanted to in every post you make in the Classic Rock section from here on out. If you don't, I will delete every post you make here that looks like the crap you've posted in this thread.

And for the record, when I text, I do use correct grammar.

Warnings handed out where necessary...

***CLOSED***

:)